Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
My old man told me to wear a belt, and keep a pocketknife and a hanky in my my pocket. I have for as long as I can remember.

There are a lot of females pretending to be men on this site. A farmers blow when appropriate is just that. Makes me wonder how many here have never had stitches, or ate a sandwich with dirty hands. Probably wear gloves to keep blood of their hands when they dress their "harvest" lolololol

I don't even wash my hands after I wipe my ass.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't believe anyone here has said a "farmer blow" is never appropriate. You'd get a helluva frown doing it at the dinner table though. Likewise wiping your nose with your sleeve. Times and places, BGG. And while I'm at it, who is more likely to carry a pack of tissues: a woman or a man?

You could prove your troglodytic manhood by just letting it drip unimpeded. You might even enjoy it as a condiment on your sandwich.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have carried a knife of some kind since I was 10 years old. For the last 30 years its usually been two. A lock blade of some kind and a small multi tool. Always a belt and a lighter. Sometimes a snot rag, but its not for snot.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Some of you miss the obvious fact that you can keep a clean handkerchief in your pocket and still display a snot-encrusted pair of shirt sleeves to everyone around you. Or litter the ground with Kleenex.

And there is the definitive slam. Kleenex users are litterbugs.
Solution is to carry a roll of butt wipe and jar of water everywhere for the simple fact that if you really snot it up, drop it on the ground it will start dissolving in 1 min. If really concerned that you didn’t snot it up enough dump some water on it from the jar. 😁

Swifty
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Last week the Wife and I drove up Debeque Canyon to look at wintering turkey and elk. Wife: “Stop! Someone lost a handkerchief” (one of those red and white jobs). It was about 15’ off the road in some brush. I told her She didn’t want that one…but She insisted, She even picked it up before discarding it.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Adults also need a pen or pencil while in the workplace.MF'ers always needing to bum one irritated me to no end. Same people never had a knife either.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I always carry a knife but have never carried a handkerchief. Nasty.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Personal EDC: Victorinox Climber. Purchased at Zermatt near Matterhorn.

Thumb block.

Shemag.

Folded kitchen paper towel.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We have limited options when our nose runs. We can ignore it until the snot runs into our mouth. We can blow it on the ground (hopefully). Or we can wipe/blow it on something.

Assuming the latter choice, the options are: our clothes, a paper product, or a fabric product.

Using your sleeves is disgusting (even though we're all guilty) and unsanitary. Using a flimsy paper product often results in leaks to our hands, and leaves us with the need to dispose of the soiled mess. Using a handkerchief eliminates litter, allows multiple uses, never suffers blowout, and can be folded to prevent leakage.

You may decide if you want to swallow your snot, have it decorate your shirt, get thrown to the ground alone or wrapped in tissue, or folded into a sturdy square of cloth.

But also know that if your nose DOESN'T run, a clean handkerchief has many other uses.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just don't wipe your azz with it then catch your runny nose.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't read the whole thread but nail clippers are always in my pocket with my knife.

I cannot stand my nails being any too long or having dirt under them. I have extremely dry skin so they are handy for keeping those little snags clipped off. Also used for cutting my fishing line.

Uncle, grandad, and great grand always had clippers on em as well as pliers and a pocket watch.

Flashlight on keyring. Flashlight on phones suck, no way to tighten the beam up.

I use mine but much rather have the Streamlight that's on my truck key or one of the others the size of a AAA flashlight, both are far brighter than a phone and I wouldn't be bothered nearly as much if a flashlight took a drink in a manhole, meter pit or other wet locations.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hockinaloogie:

Over 10'...you've worked in a factory.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sweet Jesus, if you are draining so much from the head to necessitate a handkerchief or sleeve every 10 seconds, you probably should either see a doctor or stay the fugg home.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Sweet Jesus, if you are draining so much from the head to necessitate a handkerchief or sleeve every 10 seconds, you probably should either see a doctor or stay the fugg home.
This.
How often do some of you blow your nose????
Unless I'm sick, it is a rare occurrence. I have an office, a truck always around, or I'm in a house. All three have the necessary items to get the job done.
I don't hunt without some tp and kleenex in my pockets.
Either for bodily functions or for marking the point of the shot. This is a really strange hill to die on for some here.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
No handkerchief but I do carry a skeleton and three different knifes and a box cutter. I also have a sak minicamp on my key lanyard and a zippo lighter and I don’t smoke.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No hill to die on, Rum. But is certainly interesting the strong feelings some people have about an innocent square of cloth.

I carry one because I have found them to be inordinately useful for so many things besides blowing my nose - which is one of the least often things I do with one. Exactly like a pocketknife and cash are. That was the reason for my original post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
This.
How often do some of you blow your nose????
Unless I'm sick, it is a rare occurrence. I have an office, a truck always around, or I'm in a house. All three have the necessary items to get the job done.
I don't hunt without some tp and kleenex in my pockets.
Either for bodily functions or for marking the point of the shot. This is a really strange hill to die on for some here.
30° temps tend to get the nose running.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No handkerchief. I don't see the point of carrying a pocket full of boogers around with me. I've used a sock to wipe my azz once or twice in a pinch. I have a flashlight on my phone. Yes to a pocketknife. My keychain has my housekey and my gun vault key. My FIL used to carry around a keyring that would be the envy of any university janitor. He couldn't understand why he wrecked the ignition in his car and truck.

Last edited by smarquez; 01/07/23.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The idea of carrying tissues around like grandma is hilarious. Some posters have never dealt with season allergies, or allergies to perfumes (only women wear perfume).

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some forget that a lot of this is "tradition".

Not many throw away tissues or TP around even 70 years ago. Grow up around a bunch of old timers and they always had a cotton hanky, some passed it on.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/07/23.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1234, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,014
Posts18,481,586
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.