Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've always got two flashlights, a folding knife, and some cash, not to mention a sidearm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
worked with a crew of 20 people I was the only one that carried a knife [old guy of the crew],
TP or porta potty is the most important part of the job [ older i get the more important].
Always have TP ,paper towles or rags in the trucks, excavators, pickup has 4 other knives machiti ,hatchet case of water, some cordage, extra fuel. garbage bag in every vehicle

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
The idea of carrying tissues around like grandma is hilarious. Some posters have never dealt with season allergies, or allergies to perfumes (only women wear perfume).
Correct, they are men and don't whine about "seasonal allergies"

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Even my dog has this handkerchief thing figured out.

[Linked Image from thesixgunjournal.net]

This old RAT II is my favorite lightweight pocket knife. Gets scary sharp, holds an edge well and resharpens easily. Five bucks at an outdoor market.

Last edited by SargeMO; 01/07/23.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Always have my spyderco police model folder, S&W 2 1/2"M19, and cash. Never have I carried/worn a handkerchief, wallet, ring, necklace or wristwatch.
Always keep a lighter, spare speed loaders, wallet, flashlight and sometimes a phone in the truck.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rocky’s all in on the snot rag. Lol.

I guess if my face leaked enough to justify carrying a hanky, I would. As it is, I get by just fine without.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
or ate a sandwich with dirty hands.

Worm guts on the fingers, while putting in 3 fingers worth of cope snuff was exhilarating.

Back in my chewing days, of course.

Hah!
I enjoy the “twang” worm dirt and fish blood give to Vienna sausages. Especially that first one that has to be cajoled outta the can.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Neither. I like the idea of both. It’s Americana. Realistically though I can’t see carrying a hanky. A pocket knife comes in handy but it’s a 50/50 deal. Keys in one front pocket, phone in the other and wallet in the back doesn’t leave a lot of room for a pocket knife especially if you’re carrying.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Mooner, I rarely use my handkerchief to blow my nose. But I find a lot of other uses for it AS I'VE BEEN TRYING TO EXPLAIN ALL ALONG BUT SOME IDJITS JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've carried a pocket knife since I was a small boy. I wouldn't think of going outdoors or leaving home without one. A bandana, folded and tucked in my right hip pocket has long been a daily carry item. One is very handy for so many things.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Neither. I like the idea of both. It’s Americana. Realistically though I can’t see carrying a hanky. A pocket knife comes in handy but it’s a 50/50 deal. Keys in one front pocket, phone in the other and wallet in the back doesn’t leave a lot of room for a pocket knife especially if you’re carrying.
If not carrying is when I would make damn sure I had a pocket knife. If keys took up so much room I couldn't carry my knife I would find a different solution for the keys.

Only key that ever goes in my pocket is a vehicle key. Other "needed" keys stay on a ring in the vehicles.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/08/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
My cash, and cards are in my left front pocket.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Mooner, I rarely use my handkerchief to blow my nose. But I find a lot of other uses for it AS I'VE BEEN TRYING TO EXPLAIN ALL ALONG BUT SOME IDJITS JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND.

It’s useful for a lot of things like you said. Haven’t seen I mentioned, it if it’s not seen too many wash cycles the threads can double as floss if yo can pick one off the edge.

But I use mine primarily to blow my nose.

Nancies be damned.

“Ooh thats gross” lol. Fücking chicks parading around in drag

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Even my dog has this handkerchief thing figured out.

This old RAT II is my favorite lightweight pocket knife. Gets scary sharp, holds an edge well and resharpens easily. Five bucks at an outdoor market.

Another use for a hanfkerchief! You could pull that little pocket pistol, holster and all out wrapped in a handkerchief switch pockets with no one the wiser...it would also do a nice job of muting any print on your pants pocket!

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Rather than continue derailing the memes thread, I have started a new discussion.

There, I made the assertion that a true man is never without a pocketknife, a handkerchief, and some cash. Most people had no issue with the knife or cash, but pooh-poohed the handkerchief a bit. Some even suggested that as long as there are shirt sleeves, one does not need a handkerchief. That was possibly a joke. Maybe.

However, I would like now to point out that a handkerchief is valuable for more than blowing one's nose.

Discussion?

I use my ascot for blowing one's nose. I find that a nice paisley ascot can hide an entire week's accumulation of snot before being laundered.

YMMV.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not sure I've ever seen handkerchiefs in stores. Bandanas yes, but handkerchiefs no. I'm sure they are there somewhere. Regardless, I'm not a fan of saving snot in my pocket so I can wipe it on my sweaty head later in the day. I've worked and played outdoors my whole life and it's always been the farmers blow for me. Maybe I'm barbaric, but I'm sticking with shirt sleeves and Kleenex.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
With all that stuff in your pants pockets - It doesn't leave much room to play pool.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pocketknife-heck yes. Really, who doesn't carry a pocketknife?

Handkerchief- Never been prone to a runny nose so don't need one. That's even after raising two kids and working daily in a dirty environment.

A pair of leather gloves, safety glasses, and disposable ear plugs are carried or very close by much of the time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It’s useful for a lot of things like you said. Haven’t seen I mentioned, it if it’s not seen too many wash cycles the threads can double as floss if yo can pick one off the edge.

But I use mine primarily to blow my nose.

Nancies be damned.

“Ooh thats gross” lol. Fücking chicks parading around in drag

Do you make the loud elephant trunk trumpet sound so everyone in the Walmarks stop to look?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With all the crap one “needs” to carry with them every time they leave the house these days to “be prepared”, you may need a Badlands 4500 to go pick something up from Walmart

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (16penny, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1234, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,021
Posts18,481,659
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.