Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Beck dicked up McMillan. I'd expect the same with Defiance.
Yep.
Yep. The next step is to bring in Eric Stecker to eliminate a bunch of the neatest and most unique products that make the company worth buying from, similar to what happened at Berger with the 17 caliber 30 grain bullets, and Mcmillan's elimination of many inlets and patterns.

Already had happened. Confirmed last week no more crf actions.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Capitalism at work. Develop a product. Build the brand. Cash out to a willing and able buyer for a profit. Most successful entrepreneurial small business owners do not have skills or desire to take their business to the "next level". After years decades of busting their hump to perfect their product/brand/strategy, someone offers them a handful of Benjamin's to go cool their heals relaxing on a beach or on top of a mountain, they take the money...

EG: Paul Allen... He helped Bill Gates build Microsoft to the point where they called in professional business executives to run/grow the company. He cashed out and spent the next 20 years enjoying his proceeds...

Bill Gates is now working with global elites and the medical mafia to make sure everyone on the planet gets this experimental poison shot also. Piece of garbage he is

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Even GAP seems to be saying "enuff"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Me

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Teal
Even GAP seems to be saying "enuff"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This was one of the companies I was wondering about…..

Im sure there will be more to follow!

Beck is blowing it!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257Bob
The only price increase I've seen so far in on the Defiance site. I've bought two Tenacitys this year, won't buy another if that price holds, will find another receiver.

$1595.00 plus the ride. I won’t pay it.

https://redhawkrifles.com/defiance-machine-tenacity-action/

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by SMACK
The only price increase I've seen so far in on the Defiance site. I've bought two Tenacitys this year, won't buy another if that price holds, will find another receiver.

Especially when competitors are introducing new options like this in the $900 range:

ARC Coupe De Gras

Last edited by Gtscotty; 01/09/23.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Having recently built two rifles based on the Tenacity, I'm disappointed in this move, my supplier said that the new owners had to raise the price to cover costs but I imagine the price increase is more closely related to cover the cost of purchasing the company and what ever leverage he put on it. As others have said, GA Precision has moved on and they may have been their best customer. The Tenacity is nothing special, just a very good Rem 700 clone, I don't see how anyone can justify the price of $1,600, you can still get a pretty good complete rifle for that price. I suppose all good things must come to an end but the future for Defiance doesn't look too bright.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
Originally Posted by SMACK

Especially when competitors are introducing new options like this in the $900 range:

ARC Coupe De Gras

That coupe da grass is the most butt ugly receiver that I've ever seen!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Having recently built two rifles based on the Tenacity, I'm disappointed in this move, my supplier said that the new owners had to raise the price to cover costs but I imagine the price increase is more closely related to cover the cost of purchasing the company and what ever leverage he put on it. As others have said, GA Precision has moved on and they may have been their best customer. The Tenacity is nothing special, just a very good Rem 700 clone, I don't see how anyone can justify the price of $1,600, you can still get a pretty good complete rifle for that price. I suppose all good things must come to an end but the future for Defiance doesn't look too bright.

This. The guaranteed headspace actions like the anti and Tenacity were very nice with the pre-fit barrels. After the price jump they are no longer a consideration for me.

Its all about cash flow. Someone identifies a need in the market and builds something to fill the need. Then they follow with more products till the have a great small business with followers. Then someone else sees a chance to make some money using the established customer base and narrows the product offerings or the bean counters cut corners till the reputation is that of just another firm.

We used to respect craftsman, but that is changing in today's world.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can't see them getting any cash flow at the new prices. I really think Defiance is dead in the water right now.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've had Surgeon, Borden, Bighorn and Defiance. Of those, I like the Defiance the best. Nothing wrong with the others....I just felt like the fit and finish was best on the Defiance. I hate to see them raise the prices but understand the necessity considering what appears to be some misunderstood finances previously. However, this move is going to part waters in the industry. Some are going to move to holding costs and gaining customer ground while others follow the trend and raise prices. It's definitely going to cause ripples.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Pierce and Mackbros will benefit; among others.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
like i stated in a earlier post no way does one make up loosing money on a product that has to be raised by 60% by doing it in volume...i just aint buying it and how does glenn get somebody to invest enough money to build a new building and fill it up with millions of dollars worth of machines with a questionable profit margin...again just doesnt make cents or dollars to me....my latest pierce for $1000.00 works great and in my mind borden makes as nice or better when it comes to fit and finish and his is easily a smoother action

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Effectively took themselves out of the range of most of their competitors without any significant product improvement to justify it.

RIP.

Yup.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They can’t fill the orders they had quick enough so they up the price and Beck is already soliciting new orders. Great business model

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
They can’t fill the orders they had quick enough so they up the price and Beck is already soliciting new orders. Great business model

Yup, was just checking my email and had one from them stating they are now excepting orders from new customers. So it would appear the price increase worked wonders laugh

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 01/11/23.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

Yup, was just checking my email and had one from they stating they are now excepting orders from new customers. So it would appear the price increase worked wonders laugh

I got the same one.

It sucks they went this way.

Semper Fi
C
C
I got one from ragged hole barrels a couple months ago. He had a deal worked out with them where they sent him actions every month and he got to put his name and logo on it. This was before the acquisition, but ragged hole barrels still claims to have them on their website. And the guy was great to deal with.

C
C
Originally Posted by Carycp9087
I got one from ragged hole barrels a couple months ago. He had a deal worked out with them where they sent him actions every month and he got to put his name and logo on it. This was before the acquisition, but ragged hole barrels still claims to have them on their website. And the guy was great to deal with.

Reading the rest of everyone's posts...I paid a lot less than todays tenacity price. I bought it because it was in my price range. Lots more options in the $1500 range.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,307
Posts18,487,152
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.