Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Remsen Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I had to transfer data from my old phone to my new one and came across a picture I forgot about, below. When the Wuhan virus hysteria was at its peak in CA, the nursing home my parents were at totally shut down all contact other than window visits, where a nurse would take the patient to a window and we could talk to my parents on the phone.

This picture was the last time my dad really made me laugh, to the point I was in tears (he passed away a few months later).

I brought him his favorite things (Costco hot dog and home made pickles) and the nurse was giving them to him as I tried to talk to him on the phone. He never really had much of a filter and towards the end he just said whatever he wanted to say. During the call he said "do you know her?" (referring to the nurse) and I said I didn't. He then said, quite loud and right next to the nurse, "She's my niqqer girlfriend, I'm going to take her on a date in San Francisco and then shtup her on Nob Hill."

The nurse was none too pleased, I was trying to suppress my laughing and the nursing home's administrator called me afterwards to tell me that if my dad ever calls anyone there a niqqer again he'd be evicted.

When we tried to get him to apologize to the nurse he said to her, in a very charming manner, that he was complimenting her, as he generally wasn't attracted to niqqers and the fact that he wanted to take her on a date and have sex with her was the highest compliment around.

You can imagine the reaction...

Just a bit of levity for the day.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That's pretty much how my granddad woulda handled it.

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would have been rolling laugh

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My mom was the same way. We had to shut her up quite often. My dad had Alzheimer’s and was much more subdued

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Growing up around mostly elders, and working around people with some very lax morals, people can pick up some bad habits in everyday gibberish that is rather hard to break even when no ill-will was meant. Back in the 70's and 80's I'd occasionally slip when calling out shoddy work as ......-rigged and have to force myself to substitute jury-rigged. Wasn't anything I'm proud of or in any way try to excuse. Race. Religion, and Politics is best not talked about lightly.

Phil

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Oh dang that's hilarious!!!!

My mom folks always had a bowl of nuts on the table during Christmas to snack on. I didn't know they were called "Brazil Nuts" until I about about 12.

He went over yonder way
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's pretty funny. My dad was off a different ilk. He was paralyzed on his left side by a stroke but his right side was still strong as ever. If a groid got close enough for him too grab a hold of em he would clamp on and shake the shït out of em or slap em if he could. Didn't take but a few times for the nursing home to only have White girls tend him. He was as gentle as could be as long as he didn't see a groid!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
my mother prior to death use enjoy #cops# on t.v. she called it #catch the Ni**er show

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My late father-in-law spent the last three weeks of his life in a hospice, dying from brain cancer. His mind was a jumbled mess by then.

His two daughters (my wife and sister-in-law) couldn't handle visiting him. He would talk jibberish while sitting in front of a tv in a bathrobe and diaper, watching old westerns. So it fell to me to stop in every afternoon for an hour or two to visit.

He was having Korean War flashbacks, and started calling me "Captain". I would call him "soldier" in return, trying not to upset him. He thought we were in a POW camp somewhere in North Korea, and would refer to our status often.

During one visit, a pretty young black nurse's aide came in to bring him some ice water and check on his diaper (my cue to take a walk outside). When I returned about 10 minutes later, he was looking really confused, even more so than normal. As he stared through me with the 1,000 mile gaze, he asked, "Captain, where are we?"

I replied, "You're in a hospital, soldier. You need medical care."

He said, "But what is our location?"

I replied, "Indianapolis."

He visibly relaxed, leaned back on the bed, and said, "OK, that makes sense now. I didn't think there were any ni**ers in Korea!"

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
1992, Hillary Clinton faces an African American opponent, Barack Obama, in her bid for the Democratic nomination. My dad, a diehard Democrat said, I don't know if I could vote for a women or a ni##er. Sadly he never had to make that choice........

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You other old guys probably remember a chocolate candy called "Nig_er Babies" back 60 or so years ago.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t see the problem????

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was growing up my dad who was from Iowa, took us kids Ni**GER fishing a lot! It was real hard to not call bank fishing NI**GER when I was taking my kids fishing years later.
My grandmother on my mothers side came from Missouri and homesteaded here and she call them "darkies" until she died when she was 90.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Dads first name was Rufus. He went by his initials. When anyone asked his first name. He told them it was
Rufus Rastus Nig*er Johnson Brown. He really hated his first name. Hasbeen

Last edited by hasbeen1945; 01/10/23.

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
When my kids were 5 and 6, in the late 70's we had no TV out here, children's books, The Cat in the Hat, were not color conscious, pretty much vanilla. They were well behaved and polite for little kids. She took them to the big supermarket in the county seat 40 miles away, and the kids saw their first black woman in the store. They were speechless, totally stunned, eyebrows arched little mouths wide open, they stared like the bumpkins they were. Wife was mortified, hissed at them between clenched teeth...stop it, stop staring dammit. Black woman looked away, embarrassed too I suppose. The trip home was long, with endless questions and answers. Wife told the munchkins, just forget it...they are like Injuns only from a different tribe, that's all. Munchkins weren't buying it. Neighbor gave us some National Geographics to help the munchkins catch up thankfully. Pretty soon the creek bottom was littered with willow 'assegai spears' and pygmy blowguns.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Remsen, your Dad was a pistol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was an old man in the tiny rural town in Arkansas where I grew up who used to say, "There are only two things in this world I really hate: prejudiced people and niqqers." I think there were a number of people around there who agreed with him.

His father had fought for the Confederacy in the War Between The States.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Words that have become taboo now were not always that. I'm not saying it's good to use the N word, but I would ask; if it is so bad for whites to use it, why is it not so for blacks to use it. America has come a long way since 1861 but in some ways has a very long way to go. For some blacks as well as whites the Civil War has never ended it seems. That is a pity and until it does, we may never realize fully our founding principles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went to a predominately black high school and took Auto Shop my Junior and Senior years (1986-1987). Our teacher was named Jack Lybrand and he was a hoot. He was only 58-59, but at the time that seemed like an "old man". He and I instantly hit it off because I always had gun and hunting magazines with me and he was like-minded. He would always tell me hunting stories before and after class. He was just a great man, but had no filter. On several occasions he dropped the "N-Word" , and NOBODY CARED...this was '86-'87. One day the power went off and it was so dark you couldn't see your hand. Ol' Lybrand says "One of you ni***rs smile so I can see!" The whole class laughed out loud and nobody got offended. Different times...

Lybrand and I stayed in touch for the rest of his life and he would come see me at work often (gun stores). He passed in 2019 and I went to his funeral.

His obit:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/thestate/name/jack-lybrand-obituary?id=9880223

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My mom didn't like to use the "N" word. She preferred to use the term colored.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 30 invisible), 1,977 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,352
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.