Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Son got me one of those for Christmas. No complaints

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
That no spill is BAD A. Thank you for that.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Higginez
I love the No-Spill brand and use them daily filling up pony motors but wouldn't be thrilled using one to fill anything over a couple gallons.

I use one of the VP off road cans for large capacity stuff.

The No Spill is the one I bought recently. It works great. I don’t know how durable it will be over the long term. I had used the farm store nozzles to convert a few cans but will prob just go with the No Spill again next time.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bought a pk of yellow vents on eBay and installed them in the epa compliant cans I had. No problem pouring now.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I use wheel valve stems for vents on my plastic gas cans. I'm always looking for gas cans at garage and estate sales. I have about 20, but always look for better ones.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I buy 5 gal cans at auctions and yard sales for a couple of bucks a piece. Some have nozzles some don’t. Old school nozzles are much better than the “new ones” made today. $15 a nozzle for a $5 can ticks me off but I guess it’s still cheaper than paying $25-$35 for a “new gas can” at any store.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm apparently really hard on these spill compliant cans. I bought a No-Spill for filling the mower this summer. I believed Jill about the automatic stop and promptly overflowed the tank on the first fill. Then a month later the nozzle started leaking out of the green button. The Scepter I had before made it a year before the nozzle wouldn't seal after using it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have to go to some trouble to get non-ethanol gas here, so use a number of different cans to haul it. I like the VP cans a lot, and have a few older 5gal simple cap/pour cans that are good. BUT - a few have assorted guv reg "safety" features and they are abominable. I have defeated most of those with aftermarket caps/spouts.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
I read something the other month....
"If you don't believe that the government is incompetent just look st what they did to gas can nozzles...

On that note..
Doe anyone sell classic gas can nozzles so you can throw that flimsy plastic epa compliant trash in the garbage where it belongs??

Yes they do. I convert every gas can that I buy. Fahq Kommiefornia and their rules. I have only one can that I kept intact that I use for 2-cycle mix only, and that one is only in it's originalfactory form because I can open and close the schnozzle with my thumb.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
Amazon.....of course!

I got mine there. They work much better.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Higginez
https://nospill.com/pages/5-gallon-gas-can-view-stripe™

These are the best you will find and still be "compliant." They're really kinda handy, albeit slower than the old school.

Just discovered these on Amazon and may have to give them a try!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Longbob
Just buy the off road fuel jugs and be done with it. We get ours from VP and I saw several of them at Buc-ee's. I know those aren't everywhere, but they are a simple jug with a hose end an screw cap. Old school.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Got a couple like this one from Rural King and they work great!

Ted
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
Amazon.....of course!

X2

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Get mad every time I have to buy a new can for $20, and then have to spend almost as much to get a workable nozzle to replace the EPA compliant junk that came with the can. I have one 5 gallon plastic fuel jug that is 30 years old. Heavy plastic. Direct flow nozzle. No gimmicks. Shows no sign of giving up. Better than any five jugs on the shelf today. Wish I had bought a truck load of them...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
22 bones @ tractor supply.

*not for highway fuel.
*can be used for racing fuels.

😂😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]windows screenshot

Made in good ol’ USA.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
TAG

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
On one older plastic can with a self-venting nozzle, I just used an awl to punch a hole in the top to vent. I stick a golf tee in the hole to seal it.

The newest can nozzles are indeed worthless. I bought one for my boat with a push button that's so strong I almost need a C-clamp to hold the damn thing down. A three-pack of Amazon replacements got ordered immediately.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
last year I bought two can at Canadian tire with normal spouts and vents. This year when I go back for another hunt I am going to buy about 8 more..

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I find plenty of older gas cans along back roads and intersections where either Dillon, Chad or Kyle feels the need to “git on it” at every stop sign.

Also pick up one or 4 occasionally at yard sales.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 53 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,911
Posts18,498,251
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.