Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I don't think this is a new idea. We are fighting a proxy war against one of two of our biggest national threats (China #2). It's costing us a lot of money, but no lives and very little in terms of advanced weapons. We are learning their true capabilities, significantly weakening their military, and creating potential internal civil conflict in Russia where they destroy themselves from the inside. At the same time, and because of this conflict, NATO is in the process of including Finland and Sweden. So the good guys are growing. And while the weapons we are providing to Ukraine are advanced weapons, they are hardly state of the art for us, so not even close to revealing any of our true capabilities.

The only drawback I see to all of this is the possibility of nuclear war. Putin feels so cornered he has no other option. And that would be a really bad thing.
You can bet the next generation of Russian kids has now been killed on the Ukrainian battlefield. That means my grandkids will not be fighting the Russian kids who were not born because mommy and daddy are dead in Ukraine. I kind of like the sound of that. Next is China. But, the Chinese have been killing their own with biological weapons we know as Covid.

Yea, Vlad may pull out a nuke or 2 but it will be used against Ukrainians and not Americans. Another win, perhaps ? Hey, I own defense stocks. It's all good.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The only drawback I see to all of this is the possibility of nuclear war.
Pretty serious drawback wouldn't you think?

And exactly what do we, the USA, gain if Russia is defeated?

I know, I know, Western Europe are our allies and we have treaty obligations to defend them. Which is BS. We are so stupid to concern ourselves with other countries' problems across the ocean.

This willingness to go to war is why we are $30+ TRILLION in debt and will soon just be a department of the UN. The equivalent of national bankruptcy is the only way open for the NWO and the WEF to bring the US down and by golly they have just about done it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I don't think Zeihan is a bad guy...but he has made a fortune telling the swamp and Big Business what they want to hear...along with providing constant validation to our State Dept and Big Defense.

TRUTH
Well, if thats how he makes his money he is a bad guy. When we don't care how we make money, we are bad. Period. Sell our souls.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
I don't think Zeihan is a bad guy...but he has made a fortune telling the swamp and Big Business what they want to hear...along with providing constant validation to our State Dept and Big Defense.

TRUTH
Well, if thats how he makes his money he is a bad guy. When we don't care how we make money, we are bad. Period. Sell our souls.

Zeihan has a long visable track record.

What exactly has he said in the past that time has proven him wrong?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Fu€k this granola eating liberal dumbass. So according to this genius Ukraine is doing us a favor by accepting the equipment? I guess all the tax payer dollars being sent over there is also some kind of favor Ukraine is doing for us? How fu€king stupid can you get?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
The only drawback I see to all of this is the possibility of nuclear war.
Pretty serious drawback wouldn't you think?

And exactly what do we, the USA, gain if Russia is defeated?

I know, I know, Western Europe are our allies and we have treaty obligations to defend them. Which is BS. We are so stupid to concern ourselves with other countries' problems across the ocean.

This willingness to go to war is why we are $30+ TRILLION in debt and will soon just be a department of the UN. The equivalent of national bankruptcy is the only way open for the NWO and the WEF to bring the US down and by golly they have just about done it.
Well said!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

TRUTH

You are a war mongering fat idiot. GFY!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

TRUTH

His main prediction is that global trade will collapse when the US stops protecting sea lanes, hurting China and the EU. This all begs the question: besides the US, who would dare challenge the Chinese navy alone, not to mention the combined navies of China and the EU? It also ignores that the world has already socialized responsibility for protecting sea lanes: see the multi-national anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden.

He predicts German collapse and French ascendance because of demographic differences. This ignores that the EU gives Germany a ready supply of immigrants, and that there are no examples in history of countries collapsing because of an age bubble. Japan is an example of a country stagnating for that reason, but there are no examples of catastrophic decline (Zeihan forecasts Germany will lose 3/4 of its economy).

He predicts Saudi Arabia will turn into an "arsonist" after losing US protection. Even assuming the Chinese and EU won't protect Saudi oil exports, this is ignoring that 1) Saudi Arabia is a "reactionary" force in the Middle East in that it backs traditional dictators like Sisi and detests instability and 2) its intelligence services have proven completely incompetent throughout history: there is not one example of a Saudi destabilization op without Pakistani or Turkish help.

Zeihan predicts Chinese collapse with the undertones that the Han have some kind of racial or cultural proclivity to division except when under barbarian rule - in fact, the Han Chinese have been unified for the vast majority of their history under Han dynasties. He clarified in an interview he means "the modern borders of the PRC", which were only occupied under the minority Yuan and Qing dynasties, but this is like saying "the US has only been unified since 1945" when it took islands from Japan. All his bad reading of Chinese history is saying is that China has expanded in the last 1,000 years.

He says Germany is very dependent on international maritime trade. Exports as a % of German GDP are high for a major country, but the vast majority of those exports go to other EU states.

He predicts the rise of Argentina due to its great geography and demographics once it sorts out its political and economic problems, without getting into the details of what those problems are due to a lack of economic expertise. Needless to say, Argentina is actually the counterpoint to his geographic and demographic determinist view of history, and proof that institutions and political will are far more important than a country's hills, rivers, and babies.

He asserts "The real problem is that China cannot build and maintain a large, outward-looking navy and a huge defensive navy and a huge air force and a huge internal security force and a huge army and a huge intelligence system and a huge special forces system and global deployment capability at the same time", which begs the question of why not? China is more industrially dominant today than the US was in 1941, and it took the US in 1941 only 2 years to build all of those things.

Zeihan argues the ideal military strategy for Japan in a war against China would be to harass Chinese shipping from Hormuz to Malacca. This intuitively sounds right but again betrays a lack of specific knowledge - how will Japan get there, how will it resupply its carrier groups, how will it prevent a Chinese counter-blockade, and how will that raiding force survive? Zeihan argues China has "70" ships capable of deploying that far and implies this is nothing, but that's actually more than Japan has (and Zeihan is almost certainly referring to China's larger ships). More, China actually has 119 ships capable of operating that far, and has maritime installations in the Indian Ocean from which it can resupply. Meanwhile, Japan will find itself completely unable to resupply, repair, or refit its ships as Zeihan concedes that China will be dominant on the East side of the Strait of Malacca, cutting the Japanese supply line.

Zeihan asserts a reserve currency is necessary for global trade - any stroll through the 1905 statesman's yearbook would prove that great volumes of trades are possible even if dozens of currencies are used for trade simultaneously.

A lot of Zeihan's analysis centers around the 1st and 2nd island chains, which he assumes will contain China well into the future. While these "unsinkable carriers" will certainly pose operational problems for the PLAN if it were to go East, this all begs the question of why would it? Zeihan acknowledges China's main naval priority is defending its oil supply from the Middle East, and to this end it has already "outflanked" the 1st islands chain using artificial islands and maritime installations in the Indian Ocean.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kwg020
I don't think this is a new idea. We are fighting a proxy war against one of two of our biggest national threats (China #2). It's costing us a lot of money, but no lives and very little in terms of advanced weapons. We are learning their true capabilities, significantly weakening their military, and creating potential internal civil conflict in Russia where they destroy themselves from the inside. At the same time, and because of this conflict, NATO is in the process of including Finland and Sweden. So the good guys are growing. And while the weapons we are providing to Ukraine are advanced weapons, they are hardly state of the art for us, so not even close to revealing any of our true capabilities.

The only drawback I see to all of this is the possibility of nuclear war. Putin feels so cornered he has no other option. And that would be a really bad thing.
You can bet the next generation of Russian kids has now been killed on the Ukrainian battlefield. That means my grandkids will not be fighting the Russian kids who were not born because mommy and daddy are dead in Ukraine. I kind of like the sound of that. Next is China. But, the Chinese have been killing their own with biological weapons we know as Covid.

Yea, Vlad may pull out a nuke or 2 but it will be used against Ukrainians and not Americans. Another win, perhaps ? Hey, I own defense stocks. It's all good.

kwg

Your grandkids are going to be speaking Spanish. That is the threat we face.

MAGA
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

kwg

+1 who gives a shat about Ukraine

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Tyrone

TRUTH

His main prediction is that global trade will collapse when the US stops protecting sea lanes, hurting China and the EU. This all begs the question: besides the US, who would dare challenge the Chinese navy alone, not to mention the combined navies of China and the EU? It also ignores that the world has already socialized responsibility for protecting sea lanes: see the multi-national anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden.

He predicts German collapse and French ascendance because of demographic differences. This ignores that the EU gives Germany a ready supply of immigrants, and that there are no examples in history of countries collapsing because of an age bubble. Japan is an example of a country stagnating for that reason, but there are no examples of catastrophic decline (Zeihan forecasts Germany will lose 3/4 of its economy).

He predicts Saudi Arabia will turn into an "arsonist" after losing US protection. Even assuming the Chinese and EU won't protect Saudi oil exports, this is ignoring that 1) Saudi Arabia is a "reactionary" force in the Middle East in that it backs traditional dictators like Sisi and detests instability and 2) its intelligence services have proven completely incompetent throughout history: there is not one example of a Saudi destabilization op without Pakistani or Turkish help.

Zeihan predicts Chinese collapse with the undertones that the Han have some kind of racial or cultural proclivity to division except when under barbarian rule - in fact, the Han Chinese have been unified for the vast majority of their history under Han dynasties. He clarified in an interview he means "the modern borders of the PRC", which were only occupied under the minority Yuan and Qing dynasties, but this is like saying "the US has only been unified since 1945" when it took islands from Japan. All his bad reading of Chinese history is saying is that China has expanded in the last 1,000 years.

He says Germany is very dependent on international maritime trade. Exports as a % of German GDP are high for a major country, but the vast majority of those exports go to other EU states.

He predicts the rise of Argentina due to its great geography and demographics once it sorts out its political and economic problems, without getting into the details of what those problems are due to a lack of economic expertise. Needless to say, Argentina is actually the counterpoint to his geographic and demographic determinist view of history, and proof that institutions and political will are far more important than a country's hills, rivers, and babies.

He asserts "The real problem is that China cannot build and maintain a large, outward-looking navy and a huge defensive navy and a huge air force and a huge internal security force and a huge army and a huge intelligence system and a huge special forces system and global deployment capability at the same time", which begs the question of why not? China is more industrially dominant today than the US was in 1941, and it took the US in 1941 only 2 years to build all of those things.

Zeihan argues the ideal military strategy for Japan in a war against China would be to harass Chinese shipping from Hormuz to Malacca. This intuitively sounds right but again betrays a lack of specific knowledge - how will Japan get there, how will it resupply its carrier groups, how will it prevent a Chinese counter-blockade, and how will that raiding force survive? Zeihan argues China has "70" ships capable of deploying that far and implies this is nothing, but that's actually more than Japan has (and Zeihan is almost certainly referring to China's larger ships). More, China actually has 119 ships capable of operating that far, and has maritime installations in the Indian Ocean from which it can resupply. Meanwhile, Japan will find itself completely unable to resupply, repair, or refit its ships as Zeihan concedes that China will be dominant on the East side of the Strait of Malacca, cutting the Japanese supply line.

Zeihan asserts a reserve currency is necessary for global trade - any stroll through the 1905 statesman's yearbook would prove that great volumes of trades are possible even if dozens of currencies are used for trade simultaneously.

A lot of Zeihan's analysis centers around the 1st and 2nd island chains, which he assumes will contain China well into the future. While these "unsinkable carriers" will certainly pose operational problems for the PLAN if it were to go East, this all begs the question of why would it? Zeihan acknowledges China's main naval priority is defending its oil supply from the Middle East, and to this end it has already "outflanked" the 1st islands chain using artificial islands and maritime installations in the Indian Ocean.
This is a much clearer view of the world ! Germany’s economy is collapsing but it not from demographics. The Germans are being deindustrialized by US imperial policy. By cutting the supply of cheap natural gas from Russia and pushing the green raw deal we’re going to collapse not just the German economy but all of Western Europe. The economies of the rest of Europe are dependent on the German industrial economy. We’re witnessing the dying throws of the American empire. As we lash out trying to shore up the empire we just hasten its demise. Very soon the petro dollar will be history. When we weaponized the reserve currency status of the dollar we signed it’s death warrant.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by JoeBob
And of course, what happens to NATO and the EU if they lose? For us it’s just another blow to our credibility but not fatal. But what about Europe? It’s a pretty big deal for them.

Credibility?

lol.

How many wars has the great super power NATO won against backwards, poverty stricken third world countries?

Hmmmm.. While we are on the subject superpowers and third world countries Russia and Chechnya anyone..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 79S
And of course, what happens to NATO and the EU if they lose? For us it’s just another blow to our credibility but not fatal. But what about Europe? It’s a pretty big deal for them.

Credibility?

lol.

How many wars has the great super power NATO won against backwards, poverty stricken third world countries?

Hmmmm.. let’s not get on the subject on Russia and Chechnya now..

Why are so many Chechen soldiers fighting for Putin now? lol

Did Vietnamese soldiers come and fight Afghanis with us?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Joe Rogan had this fella on 3-4 days ago very good interview.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/406fOiiKMU0ot5AS1AIwve?si=ZGT_gRj_TzygQ-LwoP0peg&context

Last edited by 79S; 01/11/23.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Credibility?

lol.

Hmmmm.. let’s not get on the subject on Russia and Chechnya now..

Why are so many Chechen soldiers fighting for Putin now? lol

Did Vietnamese soldiers come and fight Afghanis with us?

You talking about the 300 Chechen’s fighters? The chechens were also fighting along the side of the Taliban. One of the nicest AK47 i ever seen was taking from a dead Chechen fighter in Afghanistan. This was a legit Russian made AK the bullets had this polymer type tip pretty interesting. You are a Russian aren’t you? You are like those Russian cats in delta jct their loyalty is to the motherland by motherland I’m not talking about the United States.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone

TRUTH

Well said counterpoint.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Burns, are you concerned about what war your kids or grandkids might be drafted into? Or what kind of country we are leaving them?

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are they a NATO country or a Deep State Cabal Sanctuary?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burns, are you concerned about what war your kids or grandkids might be drafted into? Or what kind of country we are leaving them?

Burns has kids?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by LBP

kwg

+1 who gives a shat about Ukraine

They send billions of money stolen from us to the cross dresser, but refuse to address our own border. To support the funds being sent to Kiev, is to support the destruction of the U.S. period. It’s not even debatable.

MAGA
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 36 invisible), 1,821 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.