Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Just a bunch of libcrat horse sh….t. The gas stove ban will go way just like a lot of other hair brained ideas. If they ban gas stoves they will have to ban wood stoves and candles too.

I think that is probably on their radar, just have not been thrown out to the public yet.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And they'll expand it to ensure you can only use the range via solar panels.

Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Just a bunch of libcrat horse sh….t. The gas stove ban will go way just like a lot of other hair brained ideas. If they ban gas stoves they will have to ban wood stoves and candles too.
There are already places in urban areas that ban wood stoves.. Next will be fireplaces...

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don’t think there’s any self-respecting chef in the first world countries that would ever be caught dead cooking on an electric stove.
Nah - they'll just add severe regulations regarding air quality ventilation requirements that'll ad millions to the cost of operating a restaurant...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Both my rentals and my house are plugged in for both gas and electric. The rentals use gas dryers, heating, and electric stoves. House is all gas.

I fixed one (electric) yesterday. Maybe. Indicator light would not turn off when the burners were off. Found the right switch (thank you U-Tube- next to be banned?), pulled all the wiring to it to run the multi-meter (just shutting off the power didn't reset it), and for some reason that opened the indicator contact again. When I reconnected things pending ordering a new switch, it's working again. For now.

I don't like working with electric chit- I don't understand it well enough to be comfortable beyond very basic...... But it beats paying some bozo $150/ hour - at least before the fire..... smile

Fairbanks sits in a bowl, with an inversion problem. They have if not out-right banned wood, at least they severely discourage it. When I was at UAF in early 70s, 50 below weather would result in "ice-fog" pollution downtown so thick one could barely see the stop light glow in mid-intersection from the curb. So, some places, it makes sense.

Last edited by las; 01/11/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The study had an agenda. Ban fossil fuels. Our house had an option for gas line to kitchen and dryer in addition to the 220, we took it. Dont forget the gas water heater

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BubbaG
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Anyone I know, that has cooked on gas prefers it to electric. They concede an electric oven, especially the fancy convection ones, are probably better for baking/roasting but when it comes to cooking on top, they would rather have a flame. My wife watches many of those home improvement shows, and the "Win a Dreamhouse" programs. Any guesses as to what kind of high end ranges they put in those, for the most part?

"High end" being the key. Unless you are willing to spend the money to get a good one, I would rather cook on electric. The cheapest electric stove is way better than the cheapest gas stove. I would not spend less than $1k on a gas stove, probably more. The "High End" ones like viking start at around $5k. I have cooked on several gas stoves that sucked which makes me gun shy of them. I lived in an apartment that came with a gas stove. It was like cooking on a coleman stove. One of the most annoying things with that one was the fact that you couldn't turn down the flame low enough without the flame going out. Cooking rice without burning it was almost impossible. So, if you are planning on buying one, pay as much as you can afford.

This is nonsense. You may have had a bad experience with that one stove, but by no means should you need a $5k stove to cook on. My gas stove/oven slide in was $1300 bucks 6 years ago. None of the issues you say have been seen on my end. I have had gas ovens/stove tops for more than 50 years. None of them were "high end"

I will concede an electric oven seems to maintain the selected heat better than gas. However, I pulled out the electric wall oven from our current house 26 years ago.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BLG
Anyone I know, that has cooked on gas prefers it to electric. They concede an electric oven, especially the fancy convection ones, are probably better for baking/roasting but when it comes to cooking on top, they would rather have a flame. My wife watches many of those home improvement shows, and the "Win a Dreamhouse" programs. Any guesses as to what kind of high end ranges they put in those, for the most part?

"High end" being the key. Unless you are willing to spend the money to get a good one, I would rather cook on electric. The cheapest electric stove is way better than the cheapest gas stove. I would not spend less than $1k on a gas stove, probably more. The "High End" ones like viking start at around $5k. I have cooked on several gas stoves that sucked which makes me gun shy of them. I lived in an apartment that came with a gas stove. It was like cooking on a coleman stove. One of the most annoying things with that one was the fact that you couldn't turn down the flame low enough without the flame going out. Cooking rice without burning it was almost impossible. So, if you are planning on buying one, pay as much as you can afford.

This is nonsense. You may have had a bad experience with that one stove, but by no means should you need a $5k stove to cook on. My gas stove/oven slide in was $1300 bucks 6 years ago. None of the issues you say have been seen on my end. I have had gas ovens/stove tops for more than 50 years. None of them were "high end"

I will concede an electric oven seems to maintain the selected heat better than gas. However, I pulled out the electric wall oven from our current house 26 years ago.

Clyde

I am assuming you just quickly scanned over what I wrote and missed what I said and that you don't have comprehension issues or dyslexia. I said I would not spend less than $1K on a gas stove. You spent $1300 on a stove. Don't mean to be captain obvious here but $1300 is more than $1k. The k means thousand. I never said you need to spend $5k on a stove. I said high end stoves start at $5k. That was in reference to the high end stoves they put in the dream homes.

2 Kings 2:23-24
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Almost Every restaurant, especially the high end Michelin stars, around the world cook on gas

Cooking on electric ranges, especially the flat tops sucks

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Maybe if I paid as much as I could afford for an electric one I could find one that works as well as gas. In other words, I could see what amount of heat was going to the pan instead of relying on inaccurate knobs which don't mean the same thing for burners of the same size?

I'd rather cook on a Coleman propane stove than the electric (Westinghouse) we have.

A "medium" flame, adjusted on similar burners is still a medium flame. Medium on electric stoves has no meaning as scheidt might burn on one burner and barely simmer on the other.

The only reason I mentioned "high end" is because those TV shows aren't going to show what regular folks put in their houses. As I said, most anyone I know who has cooked on gas prefers them to electric..................except now I know you don't.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 222ND, 50 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,053
Posts18,521,302
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.