Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yeah Scott, can empathize, hung mine on the Christmas tree !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by SKane

Yeah Scott, can empathize, hung mine on the Christmas tree !!

So plenty of holly but no jolly.

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lot of less than favorable weather.

Which, i guess is normal for MS. Cold at night, 70’s during the day.

I hunt less now days. Saturday’s / sundays. Take off a few days during the week.

Which is fine, have less land to hunt now also.

Filled the freezer. So I’m happy.

Shoot this 8 pt.

Last edited by BigDave39355; 01/12/23.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lots of you guys are way more discriminating than I’ve become hunting in the National Forest. I’ve morphed into a softy preferring the cottage with all the comforts to sleeping in the truck, camper, hotel, or tent across the state where there was actually a decent deer herd. One and done here and success is far from assured. Sunday morning 8:30, a deer, antlers and bigger than last year, bang, done. The wolves, bears, winter, poachers and local tribe left me one.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Got one just after daylight opening day, nice fat doe, missed a buck because my scope was jumping around due to loose zeroing turret, got that solved and just never got the opportunity to take another. Saw a mid size young buck i could have taken with my 3030, before i figured out the 6.5s scope, but let him walk. Other 2 were not great shots, one through a heavy tall grass, she was right beside my pickup too. Other one had an excavator behind it and a pickup that was running, didnt see anyone around but still, didnt like the backing

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd call it an above average season in Central GA. Typically saw bucks on every hunt and only had one hunt all season to see absolutely no deer. Probably saw more 8 point or better deer this season than any season I can remember. Tagged out - but in GA it's not hard to kill two bucks for sure.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Was decent. 2 8points, a 10 point and a couple of does between the family.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good here and next season is shaping up to be even better
Archery buck on 11/14
Gun buck on 11/19 opening morning
Next seasons crop

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My season was about average or less. Saw a lot of does and spikes, but few bigger bucks. They were around, I just didn't see them. Hunted a lot and had a good time just didn't do anything special. Ended up with a medium 3x3.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
I filled both tags, and saw plenty of deer, so really about average which is pretty good when I come to think of it.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm envious. Mine was a bust. Couldn't get around good enough to do any real hunting. Sat in the woods and did a few short still hunts, but never more than a half mile from the truck. Did not see a single deer. But I'm headed in for a bunch more deck screws and brackets in my back. Hopefully next year I'll be stacking up like cordwood.
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Last year wasn't good for me but this year was pretty good for both me and my brother. I scored first with a decent buck here in Montana and my brother just filled his tag with a good buck (for the area) at our land in south eastern Alabama. I think this is the first time we've ever both taken bucks in the same season.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
We're in Kendall Co.Tx. and it was the worst season we've had in 19 years.One small buck and three does killed by 5 guns.No axis or red deer seen by anyone.First year I haven't put anything in the freezer.Been very,very dry,hoping for better next year.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Got on a new deer lease in Val Verde/Edwards county line, here in Texas. Turned out to be a good season probably average. Saw plenty of deer and some bucks that future potential trophies. My son killed a WT spike and I killed an Axis spike. Getting ready for next year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Took a snapshot with my iPhone of the two fawns who bedded down & fell asleep under my bow stand. So technically "I saw some deer" while hunting this year. The game cameras hinted at lots of potential but hunting for me in AR & MS was a bust. I only had one legitimate shot at a deer right before dusk but by the time I glassed it to determine if it was legal, it evaporated on me. I'm still impressed at how I almost didn't see it initially & then how smoothly it disappeared. In a fit of optimism I emptied my freezer of all of last year's venison at the start of the season so it's going to be weird to start buying meat in a store again.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Archery was not good at all but thats because it was so dang warm! Never got bit by mosqitos in november before! But I did shoot a doe and an 8 pt in rifle. Daughters boyfriend missed 2 doe again at 40 yds with a rifle. Doe fever again? Lots of deer in PA. On last day my brother(tagged out in archery) and his wife hunted same rifle stand. She killed a doe. They saw at least 20 doe and 7 bucks. 1 was really good the other was a wallhanger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty average season here in Central Alabama. Seeing slightly fewer deer than last year, but did manage to get a doe back in December with my early 1900s Marlin 94’Carbine 38-40 and then got a decent 7 point last Saturday morning with my Ruger M77mkII 7x57. Stil a couple full of weeks of season left I am I off the last full week. Penty of good bucks still showing up on camera too.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good and bad.

Bad first; only hunted 2 days. One during youth season with the boys and opening day of gun season.

Good; oldest shot a doe and youngest his second (and biggest) buck during youth season. Shot my biggest buck and a doe on the opener of gun season.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
my season wasn't exciting or epic but there are 4 deer in the freezer and I 'm still above ground.

Sam......

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,087
Posts18,482,855
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.