Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone know of a good tool to use a Magnetospeed without strapping it to the barrel? I'd think some sort of little stand to do so next to it. Probably easily built but spending 150 at Home Depot with 3-4 trips there to assemble vs simply buying something for 99.99 has little appeal to me.

Thought I'd ask if this mousetrap exists. Yes - am aware of the item that allows you to hook onto a pic rail on a chassis - not going to work as I own zero chassis.

Me

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Do a search on here or maybe MD will respond as he modified an old front rest to do such.

Swifty
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dirtfarmer has posted pics of a similar set-up.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This has been brought out before. There are some platforms out there home made and commercially. Do a google search.
The only reason I do not one one is the barrel strapping.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

μολὼν λαβέ

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Fotis
This has been brought out before. There are some platforms out there home made and commercially. Do a google search.
The only reason I do not one one is the barrel strapping.

I've seen accuracy degrade by strapping them on the barrel. I'm sure everyone else here has seen that as well. I watched one of the new club members fight with one at the range one day and I asked why he doesn't just use a damn regular chronograph. Then he goes on to tell me that it tells him everything he needs to know to develop his loads. IE: SD'S, ES'S etc. etc. I told him I just shoot the fuggin target to find that out... To each their own.. I then asked how long he had been hand loading. His answer: "5 months"...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly. Once you introduce weight or pressure to the barrel harmonics change.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The ONLY reason to own one is for use at a public range - so you don't have to get out front to set up like with a conventional chrono with screens.

Spend the extra coin for a LabRadar.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Anyone know of a good tool to use a Magnetospeed without strapping it to the barrel? I'd think some sort of little stand to do so next to it. Probably easily built but spending 150 at Home Depot with 3-4 trips there to assemble vs simply buying something for 99.99 has little appeal to me.

Thought I'd ask if this mousetrap exists. Yes - am aware of the item that allows you to hook onto a pic rail on a chassis - not going to work as I own zero chassis.

Originally Posted by Swifty52
Do a search on here or maybe MD will respond as he modified an old front rest to do such.

Teal, here is a link to the thread with Mule Deer's mount referenced by Swifty52 and other suggestions and ideas:https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15014555/1/magneto-speed-mounts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1badf350, 160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 59 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,182
Posts18,503,266
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.