Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 32 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
There is a book with a great title that says it all: “When Bad Christians Happen to Good People”.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Garhering in Church serves two purposes.
It keeps folks available for weekly brain washing reinforcement.

I've never been subjected to "brainwashing" in church.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fallable people searching for a solution to their condition, a meaning to life and answers to unanswerable questions .....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
When we put worldly conformity first and the Lord's cause second...

We go where our heart is.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Islam seems to be doing better these days

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Islam seems to be doing better these days

I am double vaxed BTW.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Newsflash.......people screw up everything they get involved with. Is this something new?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Something caused all of this to happen. Self aware beings made out of meat didn't just spontaneously erupt up out a barren rock spinning through the universe.

And yet people who can't believe that to be true turn around and in the next breath and profess their belief in a God that apparently sprang forth from nothing.

Attributing the creation of the universe to a god doesn't solve any grand mystery. Because the question simply shifts to, "Where did this god come from?" What made him?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
God, an inexplicable explanation for an inexplicable question: the existence of a universe.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Willto
Something caused all of this to happen. Self aware beings made out of meat didn't just spontaneously erupt up out a barren rock spinning through the universe.

And yet people who can't believe that to be true turn around and in the next breath and profess their belief in a God that apparently sprang forth from nothing.

Attributing the creation of the universe to a god doesn't solve any grand mystery. Because the question simply shifts to, "Where did this god come from?" What made him?

My hospital and the local heath department have vaccinated a hell of a lot of people for covid 19. Not a single problem so far.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Because the vast majority of what is presented as Christianity ain't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?

Between all the "new" translations of The Bible , The knowledge of what the Papists have been up to all along and what some of Gods chosen people are up to generally....

Dont get me wrong , I still believe , more than ever in fact.

It came to me that a God that can be as precisely defined as people say he is between two leather covers containing 1250 pages , is limited by the description within those pages and then limited again by how people interpret or comprehend the same ?

Even naming God is an attempt to define God and somehow places the limit of human comprehension on God as I see things. The Gnostics and Kabbalists hint at it.

The entity Ive come to believe in is without limit or parameter or definition. It simply "Is".

Nothing actual can be apart from "Is".

Is , is every atom , and the space between the particles. "Is" created the universe, remember?

This belief simplifies it considerably. My part is to be reverent, forgiving and grateful.

My part is to Love Is and treat everyone the way I'd want to be treated and I fail at that ,miserably , every day, if I were being honest. Learning to forgive others with the same short coming is where I'm trying to work in order that I may be forgiven. I suck at that too.

We are the journey, "Is" , is the destination.

Everything else is superfluous.

Others mileage will likely vary.

.... like tears in the rain
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
[quote=antlers]Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?

Between all the "new" translations of The Bible , The knowledge of what the Papists have been up to all along and what some of Gods chosen people are up to generally....

Dont get me wrong , I still believe , more than ever in fact.

It came to me that a God that can be as precisely defined as people say he is between two leather covers containing 1250 pages , is limited by the description within those pages and then limited again by how people interpret or comprehend the same ?

Even naming God is an attempt to define God and somehow places the limit of human comprehension on God as I see things. The Gnostics and Kabbalists hint at it.

The entity Ive come to believe in is without limit or parameter or definition. It simply "Is".

Nothing actual can be apart from "Is".

Is , is every atom , and the space between the particles. "Is" created the universe, remember?

This belief simplifies it considerably. My part is to be reverent, forgiving and grateful.

My part is to Love Is and treat everyone the way I'd want to be treated and I fail at that ,miserably , every day, if I were being honest. Learning to forgive others with the same short coming is where I'm trying to work in order that I may be forgiven. I suck at that too.

We are the journey, "Is" , is the destination.

Everything else is superfluous.

Others mileage will likely vary.[/quote

You should read the Tao Te Ching.

Last edited by RHClark; 01/23/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I struggle with faith every day. I want there to be a god but my common sense side reminds me organized religion is the biggest farce ever created by mankind. Churches simply suck and most members are cliquish to say the least. Every religion believes it is their way or the highway.
If there is one god and perfect religion who is to say which one it is?

My God is still living, those others are dead.
And this attitude is the problem right here folks.
People smugly spouting bullshit they cannot back up.
How does one "back up" a conviction based on faith?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you assuming that professing Christians are on a quest to solve some Grand Mystery?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Because the vast majority of what is presented as Christianity ain't.
It might be interesting to see and analyze your proof for the above.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I struggle with faith every day. I want there to be a god but my common sense side reminds me organized religion is the biggest farce ever created by mankind. Churches simply suck and most members are cliquish to say the least. Every religion believes it is their way or the highway.
If there is one god and perfect religion who is to say which one it is?

My God is still living, those others are dead.
And this attitude is the problem right here folks.
People smugly spouting bullshit they cannot back up.
How does one "back up" a conviction based on faith?

By cutting off your head if you don't agree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?

Western Christianity is empty, hollow, in disarray and has little offer. Anytime there's a fracture within a congregation, any jack-ass with a Bible under their arm can call themselves a "preacher" and is free to go out and reinvent it in their own image and start a new "church". Everytime that happens, it dilutes what The Church was supposed to be and becomes another degree removed from it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Could have something to do with closet gay preachers and the fact that churches need preachers bad enough that they hire such and find out later

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Church is not a museum of Saints, rather a hospital for sinners.

This is our teaching too. Although we do have saints on display.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 6 of 32 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (160user, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 10ring1, 222ND, 257 mag, 69 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,574
Posts18,531,982
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.