Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Muffin
Spending time with him is gold, for him and you.................

BUT!

Do not deny him the blessing of giving you something.........................

A lot of people say no because they don't 'need' it, can 'do it' themselves, or are just too proud..........

The giver wants and needs to give, and there must be someone to give to!!!

IMHO.

^^^. Here is wisdom. Allow your friend to give you something and think of him when you see/use it. Thank you for the service you are rendering!

When my first wife died, some of her friends got together and wrote down some of their memories together with my wife. It’s been invaluable to my kids, especially my now 18 year old who was 9 at that time. Perhaps you can do something similar for his kids. Just one short story from his friends are enough.

Yours in Liberty,

BL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Especially a pre-64 Win 70 and an unfired old Colt python.

[Linked Image from ]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes, do what you can and spend a little time with him.

I lost a friend that I hadn’t seen since ‘96. We occasionally talked on the phone, but, I’m bad about letting time slip away and going months without contact.

He called me last August or early September, recovering from major heart surgery (valve replacement and other stuff), we talked for a little bit….then he said that he was tired and was headed to the bedroom to catch a nap. As usual, caught up in my on life, I let a couple of months go by and then tried to call. The lines were disconnected and I had no way to contact him. I got a bad feeling, and checked the obits from his area. I discovered that my friend had passed soon after our talk! It still bothers me a lot that I didn’t call him much more often!

Do whatever you can……don’t live with a guilty conscience! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My best friend is dying from prostate cancer, it's only a matter of a few months, if that long. My wife and I went to the doctor with him and his wife today, in order to help out, as he is too weak to hardly stand. It's very hard watching him slowly waste away, but he is ready to go. and knows where he's going when he leaves this world. About all you can do in cases like this is to just be there and let the person know that you'll do whatever you can to help out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are doing blessed things for your pal - the best in those circumstances - and here's hoping that you can sustain your efforts. Just try to stay open to his wishes.

It was anything but short term, and the fellow had never been even an acquaintance beforehand. But once presented with the opportunity to try to be good for a guy that needed all sorts of things, I realized that doing so could be fulfilling and a major blessing. Caring, time and efforts well invested - the returns were lessons in life.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wishing you all the best, spending time with your friend is tops.

I realize this must be hard for you too.

Enjoy each other's company. Take him to lunch if he's up to it.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

BUT!

A lot of people say no because they don't 'need' it, can 'do it' themselves, or are just too proud..........

IMHO.

Nicely done Muffin.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

BUT!

IMHO.
And again, well said...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have lost an inordinate amount of friends to all kinds of cancer. I applaud anyone that looks after them when they are suffering, it is the right thing to do.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
You are doing blessed things for your pal - the best in those circumstances - and here's hoping that you can sustain your efforts. Just try to stay open to his wishes.

It was anything but short term, and the fellow had never been even an acquaintance beforehand. But once presented with the opportunity to try to be good for a guy that needed all sorts of things, I realized that doing so could be fulfilling and a major blessing. Caring, time and efforts well invested - the returns were lessons in life.

And look where it led, Paul.
The rewards are enormous, and continue today!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sorry to hear that your friend is in such bad shape. Good on you for trying to be there for him.

lightman
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for all the prayres and encouragement.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
My friend Ernie passed away a little over a week ago, I had planned to go see him but he couldn't hold on for one last visit. His family was able to be with him in the end, and he went peacefully from what I've been told.

I am in contact with his Daughter, and she asked me for help cleaning up her Dad's house. I went there yesterday and she told me "Dad said you get all his reloading stuff." So I spent the day helping her organize some things and loading the first load of reloading supplies and equipment. I'll go up next week to help her again and pick up the rest of the things he left me and discuss a couple of firearms I've agreed to buy.

He had some old powder cans and one keg I thought were pretty cool. They'll look great in the man cave along with a brick of Winchester Staynless LR primers, a couple of Lacmiller rifle and pistol die sets, and an old blue Pacific C press I still need to get.

Powder Cans & Keg

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Entirety of what I was able to haul home yesterday.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by taylorce1
My friend Ernie passed away a little over a week ago, I had planned to go see him but he couldn't hold on for one last visit. His family was able to be with him in the end, and he went peacefully from what I've been told.

I am in contact with his Daughter, and she asked me for help cleaning up her Dad's house. I went there yesterday and she told me "Dad said you get all his reloading stuff." So I spent the day helping her organize some things and loading the first load of reloading supplies and equipment. I'll go up next week to help her again and pick up the rest of the things he left me and discuss a couple of firearms I've agreed to buy.

He had some old powder cans and one keg I thought were pretty cool. They'll look great in the man cave along with a brick of Winchester Staynless LR primers, a couple of Lacmiller rifle and pistol die sets, and an old blue Pacific C press I still need to get.

Powder Cans & Keg

Entirety of what I was able to haul home yesterday.

been there done that.........twice

be careful of all that old powder....

some may be good.....some not

depending on storage of course

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sorry for the loss, RIP

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What the hell is that 5 gallon drum ?

Oh Red Dot

Must have been a shotgun shooter

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
My best friend is dying from prostate cancer, it's only a matter of a few months, if that long. My wife and I went to the doctor with him and his wife today, in order to help out, as he is too weak to hardly stand. It's very hard watching him slowly waste away, but he is ready to go. and knows where he's going when he leaves this world. About all you can do in cases like this is to just be there and let the person know that you'll do whatever you can to help out.

now that sucks.......try to enjoy your final times with him

Had a buddy in December have a stroke at 44 YO and pass away....

I was just with him camping a month earlier......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
After I retired the first person to call was a guy I worked with till he retired earlier, he wanted to know if I wanted to go fishing, we crappie fished almost every Tuesday during spring through fall, played music every Thursday evening, he passed last September. I visited him a couple times every week even mowed his grass, really miss him, called each other about every day till cancer took it's toll. But he was saved and ready for heaven looking forward to seeing him again when I get there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by taylorce1
My friend Ernie passed away a little over a week ago,

Sorry to hear you lost your Bud, my condolences to you and his family.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This thread reminds me of Fieldgrade.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (1badf350, 22250rem, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,368
Posts18,506,502
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.