Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Shipmygun is the only way I ship these days

Me too. I have shipped a dozen or so long guns with shipmygun.com and never had a problem. And it has been my experience that they have always beat anybody else's price to ship a gun. I drop the gun off at my local UPS hub. shipping label is already printed and on the package. No questions asked at the desk. and the cost is always less than if I would have taken the same gun to the same UPS hub and paid for shipping there.

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I had a problem one time with a Charter Arms pistol and Charter arms told me to ship it back to them with FedEx and tell FedEx it was “finished machined parts”

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Joseywales
Originally Posted by Seuss
Any cost difference for long guns between USPS and ShipMyGuns?
I didn’t compare, because i was shipping a handgun. Cost $38 from PA to MO, including $4 for insurance ($1 per $100).
That sounds like a real good deal. Thanks for the info.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Usps does ot ship firearms anymore under any circumstances.
To use ups or fed ex you have to go from ffl, c&r or licensed dealer to the same. And the shop you use has to have an account with ups or fed ex. It also has to go by air freight. Ups has 3 air services. I don't know about FedEx. Your shop will set it up online only including payment. Ups will then email a label to affix to your box. It either has to be picked up by ups or taken to one of their hub locations. They will take it with the label. Ups stores do not handle any firearms transactions. I just lost a sale due to the extra shipping cost. I know the post office used to Take fireams. But that's the past. All of the above can be verified. I suspect it's due to new govt regulations. And some of the ATF nazi's created new rules. The SMG shipping service by buds guns can help handle the paperwork for a small fee. They basically set up your shipment and tell you what shop will take it based on your location.
Phil

Philip S. Leadford
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This is a good idea. You can't use post office anymore.

Philip S. Leadford
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by candipogo
Usps does ot ship firearms anymore under any circumstances.
Flat wrong.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Usps does not take firearms anymore.

Philip S. Leadford
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is a good idea. You can't use post office anymore.

Other way around.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
You can't ship firearms by postal service anymore

Philip S. Leadford
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I’m sorry, but you are simply mistaken on this.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Check with the postmaster at a local p.o. they have changed the rules. Or look thru the section in their website about prohibited items.

Philip S. Leadford
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I thought this discussion was about handguns. Long guns may be ok at p.o. but don't be surprised if they try to discourage you from doing it. A local post master told me this .
Be safe

Philip S. Leadford
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
IDIOTS,
I shipped 3 long guns yesterday USPS Priority Mail.
Check the facts before typing.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Would the ATF lie????

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-through-us-postal-service

May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?
A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.

The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I ship through the usps no issues!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Muffin

Would the ATF lie????

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-through-us-postal-service

May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?
A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.

The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm

NON LICENSED RESIDENT OF ANOTHER STATE......shipping to ffl is fine.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I thought this discussion was about handguns. Long guns may be ok at p.o. but don't be surprised if they try to discourage you from doing it. A local post master told me this .
Be safe

Originally Posted by Seuss
Hey guys,
I sold a 22 rifle to a 24CF member, haven’t shipped anything in a very long time. GunBroker says I can ship UPS or FedEx to an FFL, but both UPS and FedEx websites say they dont accept shipments from non FFL holders. What’s the story? Thank you.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
USPS website https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm?_gl=1*8eshzm*_ga*MTkxMjYzMzI0MS4xNjczNjY1ODM1*_ga_3NXP3C8S9V*MTY3NDk0MDg1My41LjAuMTY3NDk0MDg1My4wLjAuMA..

Publication 52 - Hazardous, Restricted, and Perishable Mail > 4 Restricted Matter > 43 Firearms > 432 Mailability

Link to "43 Firearms" Link to contents for "4 Restricted Matter" Link to Index Link to "433 Legal Opinions on Mailing Firearms"
432 Mailability
432.1 General
Mailers must comply with the Gun Control Act of 1968, all of the provisions of postal law in 18 U.S.C. 1715, and all other all federal and state regulations and local ordinances affecting the movement of firearms. The following also applies:

The Postal Service may require the mailer to open parcels containing firearms or air guns or give written certification that the weapon is unloaded and not concealable.
Short-barreled rifles or shotguns that can be concealed on the person are nonmailable.
No markings of any kind that indicate the nature of the contents may be placed on the outside wrapper or container of any mailpiece containing firearms.
Mailable matter must be properly and securely packaged within the general packaging requirements in DMM 601.1-7.
Except for shipments between licensed dealers, manufacturers, or importers, all regulated firearms must be mailed using a USPS product or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.

432.3 Rifles and Shotguns
Except under 431.2, unloaded rifles and shotguns are mailable. Mailers must comply with the rules and regulations under 27 CFR, Part 478, as well as state and local laws. The mailer may be required by the USPS to establish, by opening the parcel or by written certification, that the rifle or shotgun is unloaded and not ineligible for mailing. The following conditions also apply:

d. Rifles and shotguns may be mailed by a non-FFL owner domestically to a FFL dealer, manufacturer, or importer in any state. These items must be mailed using a class of mail, product, or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.

If USPS isn't taking long guns, someone forgot to tell them.

I have read somewhere that USPS packages over maybe 36" now carry a surcharge? Not sure if that's true, but now that some members of Congress basically scared UPS and FedEx out of the shipping business for individuals, USPS can pretty much charge what they want unless you are going the shipmygun.com.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I think this has been a thread here before, but this is likely the cause of the UPS and FedEx pull out. The usual cast of characters. Markey- D/MA, Blumenthal-D/CT, Booker-D/NJ, Murphy-D/CT, and Feinstein-D/CA

https://thinkingafield.org/2022/07/companies-threatened-over-gun-parts-shipping.html

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Shipmygun is the only way I ship these days

Yep. I have been using them for years, both long guns and handguns. Their insurance is fairly inexpensive as well.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 53 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,693
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.