Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 32 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 31 32
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I would bet a dollar, you don't know how an MRI works either, you just accept the results and take someone else's word on how it happens.

MRI provides imaging consistent with anatomical study
..your holy spirit messages are all over the shop
coz Xtians remain at odds to the info provided.

I like it when Xtians have a serious medical issue
and run to med.science for life saving treatment.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Tyrone

. Historians have uncovered a memorandum in 1390 by Bishop Pierre d'Arcis, stating that the shroud was a fraud and he even knew the artist and how the shroud was painted..

Interesting...well Tyrone is likely to gloss over that like he
has with The Vatican not officially endorsing the shroud.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
To believe that science and Christianity are in opposition is an infantile and incorrect grasp of Christianity or science…..for the vast amount of “Christians” anyway.

We’ve seen how unbiased, non-emotional and intellectually motivated “science” and the entire scientific community has been with “covid” and the “vaccine” lies these past 3 years. We’ve seen how those “men” of science were interested in all aspects of their ongoing struggle with covid and they welcomed debate amongst their colleagues…..never mind because that NEVER happened! The “science” was settled and there were no debates to be had, anybody that didn’t blindly and mutely fall in line were ruined or threatened with ruin. Some of those that didn’t buy the bullshit were stripped of their credentials and fired.

Is that the “science” you’re following? It’s ironic that from the very beginning science has been modified, revised, evolved and oftentimes it’s been just flat-out WRONG. Science once demanded that the world was flat but we’ve since learned that ain’t true. The glaring difference between one’s undying faith in science as the end of further religious debate is the fact that the Christian belief in our risen Lord, the story of his birth, death and life have remained unchanged in all these centuries while “scientific facts” have been changed, aborted and revised MANY MANY times.

If consistency is helpful in determining historical fact then science falls on its ass. Science and Christianity are hardly mutually exclusive nor are they at all at odds with one another. The failure and disconnect is in man’s inability to grasp complex supernatural occurrences. When one says something to the effect of “I don’t believe in ____ because I’ve yet to see ______ and at 78 years old I’ve been everywhere and I ain’t never seen ______ so if I can’t see it that proves it ain’t true”….that type of myopic “thinking” screams to me that person is intentionally or unintentionally putting themselves on the altar of “Godly knowledge” which is no place for us mortals to be messing around in. There is much we don’t know and I’m ok with that. I hope I never get to the point where I think that if I haven’t seen it then it’s obviously a lie because I’m so awesome that I’ve seen everything. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Regarding the OP, do any of you men think that the behavior of some of those within the church (the body of believers)…either individually or collectively…or the behavior of some of the entities within the church…either individual churches themselves, or certain denominations (for example)…is a stumbling block for some people coming to the faith of Christianity and for some people walking away from it…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I believe that the shroud has been tested and dates back to the 14th century.
That was wrong. Later testing was done better.
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/20...ud-of-turin-to-the-time-of-christs-death

That's embarrassing. Historians have uncovered a memorandum in 1390 by Bishop Pierre d'Arcis, stating that the shroud was a fraud and he even knew the artist and how the shroud was painted. Odd that scripture would also omit mention of such an important "historical" piece of "evidence". Irrespective, a blood stained cloth would not prove a resurrection.
It's not paint and there's not an artist out there that has been able to reproduce it.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

That's embarrassing. Historians have uncovered a memorandum in 1390 by Bishop Pierre d'Arcis, stating that the shroud was a fraud and he even knew the artist and how the shroud was painted. Odd that scripture would also omit mention of such an important "historical" piece of "evidence". Irrespective, a blood stained cloth would not prove a resurrection.
It's not paint and there's not an artist out there that has been able to reproduce it.

Never said it was paint. You can paint with various fluids.

Of course it can be easily reproduced, just not by removing a corpse from a cross and placing it on a sheet.

The original fake looks nothing like Jesus anyway:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect most Christians are actually trying to be better people, that is way more than the rest do.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
I like it when Xtians have a serious medical issue
and run to med.science for life saving treatment.

Of course, why wouldn't you? Where do you suppose that science came from.

Let's see you prove a super nova explosion and the subsequent evolution of everything you testify of.

Where did space and black holes come from, the question of origin is endless. Because you can't explain it against a God that created it, you become assertive and sure of yourself.

To believe in the big bang is no different than believing an atomic blast in a junk yard would create a fully stocked car dealership as a result.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
But that don't stop
believers 'believing' their own wishful thinking.

Or embracing cynicism in order to defer accountability ?

I think Ive seen it work both ways.

I made my comment in relation to 'Miracle on the Hudson',
For the record , do you see that event as a miracle?

You'd have to define miracle for me to answer that question.

.... like tears in the rain
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

These days we have bleeding Mary statues - the miracles continue (well, after someone refills the statues anyway).

Well, this has surfaced before.

I note that you seem to take the “memo” to be legit.

The document you are referring to is unsigned, undated and certainly not corroborated by other outside and independent historians. Perhaps not even written by old Pierre…..bogus, yet you put some stock in it.

Would you have us believe this document should be taken with some degree of seriousness?

The gospels have much more corroboration than this……

Last edited by TF49; 01/30/23.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49

These days we have bleeding Mary statues - the miracles continue (well, after someone refills the statues anyway).

Well, this has surfaced before.

I note that you seem to take the “memo” to be legit.

The document you are referring to is unsigned, undated and certainly not corroborated by other outside and independent historians. Perhaps not even written by old Pierre…..bogus, yet you put some stock in it.

Would you have us believe this document should be taken with some degree of seriousness?

The gospels have much more corroboration than this……

That's a bit rich. The shroud came with no certificates, but you are okay with that, or even mention in the bible - you'd think that would add more credibility to the tale. The bible even says that Jesus was covered in strips of linen, with a separate cloth only covering his face, which would be normal for a Jewish burial at the time. Nothing about a bed sheet.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Honestly, it sounds like BS. Some sins should never be forgiven. God didnt have to allow his kid to die just so he could forgive us. If true, he could just forgive us, correct? I fail to understand why allowing your own kid to hang on a cross is a sacrifice for anything if you control the existence of man.
But then, guess he doesnt control anything due to free will.
Are God and Jesus the same entity?

Many say "yes".

Was Jesus the son of Jesus?

God is omnicient and eternal. Correct?

Can the eternal die?

For what does death count if one is omnicient and fully aware one is God and can not die?

There are a few gaps in the logic. But it must be so as the Priests wrote it so two millenia past. And Constantine culled the mistakes.

If the Truth is as cut and dried as many claim?
Then why was the very nature of Christ up for debate at the Council of Nicea, 300 years after Christ's death. And the answers only arrived at by a majority vote of the 300 attendees.

Is it really The Truth when a consensus is only arrived at through a majority vote?

What of the dissenting opinions?

There are no gaps in the “logic.” The gap/shortfall is found in your erroneous assertions.

Like Dr. Kindell says. "There would be a lot more Christians if there were a lot more serious skeptics."

You see serious people look at facts, think for themselves, and come to defensible conclusions that don't need emotional retorts.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The facts are simple, Christianity as with any other religion, rests on faith. Religion is a matter of faith, not facts, science or philosophical inquiry...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I just don’t get it. A real, compassionate god would never allow young children and infants to be sexually abused, period. An infant can’t protect themself but if there was a real god he certainly could protect the kids.
Why would god toss an infant under the bus? And potentially ruin their life for decades to follow?

So you are saying God should punish the bad people and bless all the good people? Miracles would only happen to save the good people from the bad people.

That is a nice model, but certainly not realistic. I don't know why God allows bad things to happen to good people, and I still don't know how a magnet works, but you can't tell me it doesn't work. You also can't tell me how a magnet works...

Poor try. How does entropy fit in?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just don’t get it. A real, compassionate god would never allow young children and infants to be sexually abused, period. An infant can’t protect themself but if there was a real god he certainly could protect the kids.
Why would god toss an infant under the bus? And potentially ruin their life for decades to follow?

So you are saying God should punish the bad people and bless all the good people? Miracles would only happen to save the good people from the bad people...

I said a real, compassionate god would not allow children and infants to be sexually abused. I never mentioned blessing good people

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I have pondered this situation(s) for years.....It may be a serious mistake to blame a holy and just God for the evil done by an evil person. If God prevented every evil deed, then the world would be a perfect place, but it is not perfect. If God prevented every evil deed, then we would be robots because we are inherently sinful ourselves. But God gave and Adam and Eve the freedom to sin. He is still allowing people to sin. When we sin, we are responsible – not God. When someone else sins, they sinned and not God (James 1:13-15). We are to blame for our actions, for God never does evil or fails to act justly. Why does God allow child suffering/abuse to happen? Maybe because He has given people a free will to choose to sin or not to sin....I firmly believe there is a continuous battle between good and satanic evil, and sadly, there will always be casualties....I believe when someone does evil to children, God will punish them because He loves children and is holy, just and righteous....of course I cannot prove any of these ideas, but that is what I believe from much research.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

What is this method of reconstructing an entire face from a skull called??

I watched a PBS documentary several years ago on the process but I can not remember what the process was called.

Thanks.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

What is this method of reconstructing an entire face from a skull called??

I watched a PBS documentary several years ago on the process but I can not remember what the process was called.

Thanks.

L.W.

Forensic facial reconstruction (or forensic facial approximation)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

So you are saying God should punish the bad people and bless all the good people? Miracles would only happen to save the good people from the bad people...

I said a real, compassionate god would not allow children and infants to be sexually abused. I never mentioned blessing good people

Bless-protect. You wouldn’t admit to anything your narrow mind can’t rationalize. Why do you even care what a Christian would believe when you are so busy tearing apart any faith based belief? You fail to prove your points as poorly as you accuse Christians of their religious misgivings…

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I have pondered this situation(s) for years.....It may be a serious mistake to blame a holy and just God for the evil done by an evil person. If God prevented every evil deed, then the world would be a perfect place, but it is not perfect. If God prevented every evil deed, then we would be robots because we are inherently sinful ourselves. But God gave and Adam and Eve the freedom to sin. He is still allowing people to sin. When we sin, we are responsible – not God. When someone else sins, they sinned and not God (James 1:13-15). We are to blame for our actions, for God never does evil or fails to act justly. Why does God allow child suffering/abuse to happen? Maybe because He has given people a free will to choose to sin or not to sin....I firmly believe there is a continuous battle between good and satanic evil, and sadly, there will always be casualties....I believe when someone does evil to children, God will punish them because He loves children and is holy, just and righteous....of course I cannot prove any of these ideas, but that is what I believe from much research.

God didn’t create robots but created man with emotion, will, intellect, moral reason, and an everlasting existence. Man was also given the freedom of choice to act independently and used that freedom to rebel against God and to sin.

Because of God’s grace, He became a man, lived a perfect life, took our place and died in our place for our rebellion, not based on human merit but purely on His grace. God has also given man the freedom of forgiveness as a gift, free for the acceptance. In order to give man the opportunity to accept that, He puts up with the evil and bad choices of mankind.

Page 26 of 32 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (257 roberts, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 65 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,575
Posts18,532,025
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.