Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust all is well with you and your fine family.

If you've not seen this, here's one of our favorite MP's in committee speaking on our behalf.

I've emailed her office and thanked her and need to again.

As you know I've got a soft spot for smart ladies from Manitoba.

She has such a no-nonsense approach that I respect.

All the best to you all this February long weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was wondering if the Turd can hang in there long enough to make any of this a reality.

This will be another week of all eyes on a PM and political entity that is in turmoil. About 2 min after the EA report came out friday there was alot of hackles up lol, wagons circled.

I like Jim, of course he is right, the G/O industry is a huge economic driver, so is the massive shooting sports in Canada. The effect on the social network is massive, from the common man to the highest level in any of the mentioned industries.

A favorable outcome is going to require the unifying of the user groups, I think, for real this time.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
673 here's hoping this one from HG Wells rings true. With the unplanned large protests in Ottawa that started on Friday and the push back occuring on a number of fronts other than just gun control ---- election interfernce, another ethics violation, the obvious set-up on the EA review --- I am starting to get hopeful that Eastern Canada is getting to a point of change.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hugh
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The anniversary protests.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/protester...sary-of-freedom-convoy-removal-1.6279840

“Counter-protesters were also on the hill to oppose the pro-convoy demonstrators.
"(I'm here to) show solidarity with the LGBTQ+ community and remind the convoy that Ottawa doesn’t appreciate their actions," said Gary, who did not give his last name. "We remember what we they did to us a year ago."

WTF?????? The Freedom Convoy had nothing to do with LGBTQ+. Do those narcissists have nothing more to do than make everything about “me, me, me!!” Why does the media even need to insert that into the story? Obviously they’ve learned nothing about why people distrust them.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I thought I would post the only response I recieved on letters written to provincial and federal politicans on C-21 This is from Tyler Shandro and notes that Minister Mendicino saw the withdraw as a pause in the campaign to ban commonly used firearms for hunting and shooting sports.

I have not recieved, nor do I expect to, responses from my Federal NDP representative or from Minister Mendicino.

Ministry of Justice
8:16 AM (1 hour ago)

Thank you for your correspondence to myself and/or the Honourable Danielle Smith, Premier of Alberta; ministers of the Crown; members of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta; regarding Bill C-21. Although it has not been possible to correspond individually with every Albertan in a timely manner, as the Minister of Justice, I appreciate the opportunity to provide the following information.

On September 1, 2021, Teri Bryant was appointed as the chief firearms officer (CFO) for Alberta to better represent the interests of law-abiding hunters, sport shooters, and collectors in Alberta. As the CFO, Ms. Bryant advocates for evidence-based policy changes to the federal Firearms Act to ensure the application of legislation and regulations are primarily focused on safety and reducing violent crime.

As Minister of Justice I have taken the following steps to further address the overreach by the federal government:

· I have responded to the Honourable Minister Mendicino, federal Minister of Public Safety, by telling him that Alberta will not assist the federal government in any effort to strip away the lawfully obtained personal property of our citizens.

· Alberta has succeeded in its efforts to achieve intervener status in six ongoing judicial review applications, which challenge the federal firearms prohibitions. By intervening, Alberta will be able to participate in the legal proceedings and contribute to arguments based on the specific challenges the federal legislation has created for Alberta's law-abiding firearm community.

· Alberta is exercising our existing authorities to identify the confiscation program as an activity that is not appropriate for Royal Canadian Mounted Policed (RCMP) enforcement. As such, I have written a letter to the commanding officer of the RCMP in Alberta to advise that, pursuant to the Provincial Police Service Agreement (PPSA), the confiscation program is not an objective, priority, or goal of the province or the provincial police service (Article 6.0). Despite these actions, the federal government may still direct the RCMP to serve as confiscation agents. If this occurs, Alberta will invoke Article 23.0 of the PPSA, which outlines a dispute mechanism to address a direction or intention that contravenes the PPSA.

Further to our current efforts, Alberta has introduced and passed the Alberta Sovereignty within a United Canada Act. This act will defend Alberta’s interests by giving us a legal framework to push back on federal laws or policies that negatively impact the province. It will be used to address federal legislation and policies that are unconstitutional, violate Albertans’ charter rights or that affect or interfere with our provincial constitutional rights. This legislative framework and democratic approach will allow for defending the federal-provincial division of powers while respecting Canada’s Constitution and the courts.

Alberta has taken additional steps as of January 1, 2023, by taking back constitutional jurisdiction to use Alberta’s Crown prosecutors to handle federal criminal law charges, particularly those regarding possession of firearms when a licenced individual is:

· accused of lawfully obtaining the firearm or prohibited device prior to May 1, 2020;

· the firearm device was reclassified as prohibited on May 1, 2020; and

· the accused has not been charged with any other offences related to the possession or use of that firearm.

Alberta will ensure that Crown prosecutors take public safety into consideration when assessing whether charges against otherwise law-abiding citizens are appropriate.

Premier Smith has also commented on the possibility that Alberta will draft its own Firearms Act, to help regulate property and civil rights of firearms owners within Alberta. We will continue to challenge the amendments to Bill C-21, when proposed by the federal government, as long as they continue to overstep our jurisdictional authority.

On February 3, 2023, the federal government opted to withdraw amendments to Bill C-21 that would ban hundreds of thousands of shotguns and rifles. This statement was clarified by Minister Mendicino as merely a pause in their campaign to ban shotguns and rifles commonly used by hunters, farmers, sport shooters, and Indigenous Peoples in Canada. Minister Mendicino is still intent on continuing to pursue avenues to ban widely owned shotguns and rifles.

Alberta is leading the charge in responding to the federal government’s efforts to criminalize law-abiding firearms owners, as it has become increasingly clear that further action will need to be taken to respond to the federal government’s hostility towards hunters, farmers, sport shooters, and Indigenous Peoples.

You can continue to stand up for responsible gun owners in Alberta and Canada by contacting your member of Parliament and raising your valid concerns regarding Bill C-21. By doing this you can educate them on the fundamental flaws that exist in the approach taken by the current federal government and have the direct opportunity to influence policy.

Once again, thank-you for your interest in this important topic and for contacting Alberta’s government to express your concerns.

Sincerely,

Honourable Tyler Shandro, KC

Minister

Hugh
IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I am to understand correctly, there are/were 11 Liberal MP's that may have benefitted from foreign interference regarding our elections.
If Trudeau refuses to answer any of the questions regarding this election interference, then we have to assume it is true.

Then we can assume that there is a foreign entity pushing the gun grab, not a question, a statement.

BillC-21 is foreign influence to initiate the disarming of the Citizenry.......... why comply?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Redgwell chimed in to defend his heros yet?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
If I am to understand correctly, there are/were 11 Liberal MP's that may have benefitted from foreign interference regarding our elections.
If Trudeau refuses to answer any of the questions regarding this election interference, then we have to assume it is true.

Then we can assume that there is a foreign entity pushing the gun grab, not a question, a statement.

BillC-21 is foreign influence to initiate the disarming of the Citizenry.......... why comply?

673;
Good morning to you my friend, I hope you all aren't getting snow like we are - enough already!! - but regardless I hope you're all well.

Over the years I've made it pretty clear how much I distrust the Canadian legacy media and Canadian polling companies. When they are both stating that up to 75% of Canadians believe this is a major concern and that Shiny Pony isn't dealing with it in a satisfactory manner, that's truly saying something, taking into account how they both have been carrying Socks' water for the past 8 years, is it not?

The number seems to be 11 from most sources.

Someone, might have been Pierre Poilievre and Tom Mulcair both actually, that if CSIS is pumping this stuff out to the Globe and Mail and now Global News, they have to be more than a little bit concerned.

Regarding it being a foreign directed gun grab, if anyone can't see that at very least outside influences are pushing an agenda, there might be no hope for them to see any light whatsoever. They may be beyond help.

Lately I've had a few enlightening conversations with people from vastly different walks of life about a variety of topics. Since most people know me as a hunter and a "gun guy" they're not scared to bring the subject up to me. I was not shocked in any way whatsoever to learn that there were a number of people who are doing the exact opposite of what C-21 was hoping for, that is to remove firearms from the general population.

Hopefully enough of us have been awakened enough to the duplicity and outright lies being foisted upon us, but as mentioned the last couple of months have been educational for me to say the least.

We'll see.

As always I'll end asking for prayer or good thoughts for us to have the wisdom to know what our best course is.

All the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/09/23. Reason: better wording?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Raferman
Redgwell chimed in to defend his heros yet?

Should be along anytime

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Dwayne.
Things seem weird, I wonder how they will try to divide the firearms community?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day went okay for you despite admittedly strange days.

Last night I was listening to Andrew Lawton on True North interview the Alberta Chief Firearms officer Teri Bryant who was saying that currently even though Alberta and Saskatchewan are taking steps not to seize the AR/AK/FN FAL firearms currently since Ottawa has unlawfully cancelled the registrations on them, one cannot move - anywhere - with them technically.

Not even down the street in the same province, much less to Alberta or Saskatchewan with them.

It's a cluster of epic proportions that they've created and frankly they just do not care that they've done so. I say that simply based on the belief that if they did, they would not have done what they did - but they did.

Some of the hunting community are waking up now since the Lib/NDP/BQ coalition let the C-21 details slip out that that yes indeed, they do want them all.

There is a whole lot of interest in firearms ownership by people who never cared about it previously as I mentioned.

That I see as a positive because it might mean more people with some skin in the game and perhaps a reason to start paying attention.

We'll see.

All the best.

Dwayne

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 673

I have fully suspected that the continous pushes by Liberal governments over the last 20-30 years to confiscate our guns has a substantial
amount of foreign "influence" attached to it. NWO involvement, the latest Chinese influences in our system included. We need to rid the country of all these forms of corruption so Canada can once again be Canada.
I chuckled when I read the announcement from Trudeau about creating a Foreign Agent Registry. Really.....spies are going to "out" themselves by signing onto the registry?
Jeff

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It would seem the only reason I would vote for the Conservatives is the firearms, otherwise they are just as lame as the other parties in pretty much every way. One does get weary over the political football firearms have become, looks like it will remain a political football.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 673
It would seem the only reason I would vote for the Conservatives is the firearms, otherwise they are just as lame as the other parties in pretty much every way. One does get weary over the political football firearms have become, looks like it will remain a political football.
Who else would you vote for rather than conservatives? Just curious. Have not read the entire thread

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Peoples Party of Canada (PPC).
Their platform is what we need in Canada, trouble is they have no seats in the house. I like Max Bernier, the media is against him for obvious reasons, but if they are going to go anywhere they need to run better candidates.

Another massive problem is the 5-6 party system we have simply amounts to wasted votes on ridiculous candidates with bizarre platforms.

They have a good platform, its here.
https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/

Last edited by 673; 03/10/23.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 673

... the CPC talks a good game BEFORE the election while people are angry and the $donations are rolling in but will do a double flip flop at the last minute like O'Toole did just before the last election ... they're ALL full of BS

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pricedo
Originally Posted by 673

... the CPC talks a good game BEFORE the election while people are angry and the $donations are rolling in but will do a double flip flop at the last minute like O'Toole did just before the last election ... they're ALL full of BS
Sadly, you are not wrong.
Its the political football firearms has become, and has been allowed to become every election cycle that has me thinking we are being played.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CPAC is your friend if you can stomach it, all week, the Liberals are getting a beatdown on the foreign interference by all parties.

They have lost all credibility, in this case, their gun grab should be looked into by CSIS as well......a foreign attempt to change traditional Canadian values....smelling pretty fishy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just wanted to say that I am proud of all of my fellow Canadians that are posting here for contacting the government, being proactive, and making sure that your voices are being heard.

I have learned a few things here from you guys so thank you!

Moving forward, I will take a proactive stance as well.

Have a great weekend everyone!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/10/23.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Just wanted to say that I am proud of all of my fellow Canadians that are posting here for contacting the government, being proactive, and making sure that your voices are being heard.

I have learned a few things here from you guys so thank you!

Moving forward, I will take a proactive stance as well.

Have a great weekend everyone!

KB
I am also proud of my fellow Canadians, sometimes you gotta go into the corners and get the elbows up, they have done that.

Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,114
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.