Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
The CHINESE CCP are out of control.
I worry for our children and grandchildren.
It’s time to wake up and make some decisions on our freedoms and lifestyle. CHINA F***** owns us. Not that it changes the economy but why buy CCP when you have a choice? I just don’t get why a AMERICAN would want made in CHINA on their hunting rifle.
The BALLOON is not from DISNEYLAND

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
I aksed before if it was made in China , and is there another scope that compares in quality that is not made in China. I didnt ask this question to beat up on the original poster. I would likely be happy buying just about any scope not made in China . I would gladly buy Japanese, German or American or a combination of any company. Sure , it has a better price point, best scope " for the price".. At 60 yrs old, I am not looking at a good scope for the price. I am looking for a good scope not made in China and hardly care about the price... I buy scopes so seldom anyway,, ,, and this might be my last scope. I need to replace my Leupold Vari X 2 4x12 that I payed $216 for in July 1987 with the money I scrimped on my honeymoon...
I get that price isn't the main concern for you, but just to clarify, SWFA scopes are at a similar price point as Arken and are made in Japan.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by NWT
It’s time to wake up and make some decisions on our freedoms and lifestyle. CHINA F***** owns us. Not that it changes the economy but why buy CCP when you have a choice? I just don’t get why a AMERICAN would want made in CHINA on their hunting rifle.

You’re right. Everyone else is wrong. Will you let it go now?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by NWT
Congratulations on your new line of CCP made products.
You should be so proud selling your CCP made products.
Do you watch the news or is it all just about the money for you?
NWT

Unfortunately, in the industry I am in if we eliminated all made in China, and parts made in China, I would not have very much, if anything to sell. Similar to the computers and cell phones that come from China and the appliances in our homes. We do not carry product from direct from China, Chinese owned companies, like Vector optics where the company is a wholly owned and operated Chinese operation. If there were USA companies that made the products we offer, from start to finish with no Chinese components, we would absolutely be all over it. Unfortunately, that does not exist.

As far as your comment of " is it all just about the money for you?" If it were 12-16 hour days of retail would not be what I'd be doing.

Doug/Cameraland
Do you even hunt?
How many rifles do you own and what calibers are they?
How often are you at a rifle range or out in the rocky mountains of the west or northern woods testing the products you promote and sell?
What qualifies you as EXPERT in the shooting sports?
I have many sports optics not made by the CCP. There are sport optics options if one chooses not to support the CCP.
I find the promoting of CCP made products for the American HUNTING and SHOOTING SPORTS that we have the FREEDOM to enjoy offensive and UN AMERICAN . Your comments about appliances and such are untrue and just a means to justify your actions. I don’t buy it! You have your followers, not sure why.
For those that believe there are not options are naive .
NWT

Where has he ever claimed to be an expert in shooting sports. I don't think he has ever mentioned hunting either. He is an optics dealer, and a damn good and honest one at that. He doesn't balk at all when asked for COO and has gone out of his way to provide that info. He provided a comprehensive list of which Burris scopes are made where. He likely has far more knowledge of product reliability than most of us that do shoot and hunt. I will never purposefully buy a scope that says "made in China" on it. Doug carries a wide variety of non-Chinese options for folks like me. Just which dealer do you buy your scopes from?

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Unfortunately, in the industry I am in if we eliminated all made in China, and parts made in China, I would not have very much, if anything to sell. Similar to the computers and cell phones that come from China and the appliances in our homes. We do not carry product from direct from China, Chinese owned companies, like Vector optics where the company is a wholly owned and operated Chinese operation. If there were USA companies that made the products we offer, from start to finish with no Chinese components, we would absolutely be all over it. Unfortunately, that does not exist.

As far as your comment of " is it all just about the money for you?" If it were 12-16 hour days of retail would not be what I'd be doing.

Doug/Cameraland
Do you even hunt?
How often are you at a rifle range or out in the rocky mountains of the west or northern woods testing the products you promote and sell?
I have many sports optics not made by the CCP. There are sport optics options if one chooses not to support the CCP.
I find the promoting of CCP made products for the American HUNTING and SHOOTING SPORTS that we have the FREEDOM to enjoy offensive and UN AMERICAN . Your comments about appliances and such are untrue and just a means to justify your actions. I don’t buy it! You have your followers, not sure why.
NWT

Where has he ever claimed to be an expert in shooting sports. I don't think he has ever mentioned hunting either. He is an optics dealer, and a damn good and honest one at that. He doesn't balk at all when asked for COO and has gone out of his way to provide that info. He provided a comprehensive list of which Burris scopes are made where. He likely has far more knowledge of product reliability than most of us that do shoot and hunt. I will never purposefully buy a scope that says "made in China" on it. Doug carries a wide variety of non-Chinese options for folks like me. Just which dealer do you buy your scopes from?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NWT

What non-chinese device did you type this from?

Me

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Doug/Cameraland
Do you even hunt?
NWT

Paul:
1) CAMERA LAND jumps on about every scope thread on what to buy and recommends many times the CHINESE CCP optics he is pushing….. if he is not a self proclaimed internet expert why is he recommending scopes to people?
2) I don’t purchase my optics from dealers who are pushing CHINESE CCP optics daily on every hunting/shooting related website that I follow. Very annoying to see these for sale ads daily. Sure other dealers sell some of the same crap but they are not pushing CHINESE CCP made products down my throat daily.
3)I am way more comfortable purchasing items/products from salespeople who actually use the products they are selling, and using these products in the field / real world experience and have firsthand knowledge, not just repeating what I can read from a brochure . My mindset is if you are marketing and targeting hunters/ shooters I want to deal with someone who actually participates in my sport. I am not going to rely on information on rifle scopes and other sport optics from someone in metro NYC that gathers his information from sales brochures while sitting at his desk in NYC.
The CHINESE CCP are out of control. Tired of seeing these CCP ads and pushing their crap on website forums designed to be informative, not self serving sales ads promoting their CCP made products.
Sounds like some here are ready for their CCP BALLOON RIDE.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by NWT
Paul:
1) CAMERA LAND jumps on about every scope thread on what to buy and recommends many times the CHINESE CCP optics he is pushing….. if he is not a self proclaimed internet expert why is he recommending scopes to people?
2) I don’t purchase my optics from dealers who are pushing CHINESE CCP optics daily on every hunting/shooting related website that I follow. Very annoying to see these for sale ads daily. Sure other dealers sell some of the same crap but they are not pushing CHINESE CCP made products down my throat daily.
3)I am way more comfortable purchasing items/products from salespeople who actually use the products they are selling, and using these products in the field / real world experience and have firsthand knowledge, not just repeating what I can read from a brochure . My mindset is if you are marketing and targeting hunters/ shooters I want to deal with someone who actually participates in my sport. I am not going to rely on information on rifle scopes and other sport optics from someone in metro NYC that gathers his information from sales brochures while sitting at his desk in NYC.
The CHINESE CCP are out of control. Tired of seeing these CCP ads and pushing their crap on website forums designed to be informative, not self serving sales ads promoting their CCP made products.

So, NWT, please list all the appliances and electronics that you have. Also, since you are such a big hunter, what firearms, rings, mounts, ammo and camo are you using?

I can guarantee that most of your list will have some Chinese components in them, if not outright Chinese themselves.

Last edited by HandgunHTR; 02/03/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's nice. Now STFU.....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Doug/Cameraland
Do you even hunt?
NWT

Paul:

Why don't you start your own forum? Pretty entitled and I'm sure Mr. Bin doesn't appreciate you bashing one of his sponsors. Oh, and go f u c k yourself.

IC B3

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Unfortunately until things change , many products we purchase today we don’t have a choice. Sport Optics we have many choices.
Those that responded in favor of supporting CCP made products are either the uneducated, uninformed, un AMERICAN. I find it intriguing how many vote with their wallets versus the big picture and treat CCP made products as any other. Many are just so ignorant nothing will get through to their little minds. Look up in the sky, your buddies are visiting you .

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Here Here..............

NWT......your a fuggin clown.

What a disgrace, go piss on some other thread.

Cameralandny is the main sponsor of the "optics forum" on this campfire. Your not welcome here......douche*

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The purpose of this thread was to inform you all that while at SHOT we met with the folks at Arken, found the riflescopes they produce to be quality products and we are now an authorized dealer for their items. We attempt each year to add a, new to us, worthwhile product line to our offerings.

Yes, we recommend made in China products when that is the correct suggestion and many time staying within someone's budget the best option is something made in China. We carry Sightron (made in the Philippines and Japan), Swarovski, Leica, Kahles (all made in Europe) Tangent Theta (Canada) Burris (USA, Philippines, Japan and China), Steiner (Europe, Philippines and China), Element (China and Japan) to mention a few brands.
We only carry and offer what we believe are quality products from companies with a USA presence and dependable customer service.

FWIW, my other business, as some of you know, is an offshore tackle shop. I've fished with some of the folks here. When I had time I LOVED going fishing. Unfortunately for me life responsibilities outweigh pleasure time and I have not been fishing in about 6 years. I miss my annual trip to Alaska and the off shore Tuna/Shark trips here. When my youngest is older I hope to get back to it. For now I work 6/7 days a week and I think I'm pretty damn good at what I do and I also think I am fairly knowledgeable about the products I offer. I know I'm F'ing good at assisting anyone who asks as my Pop taught us that customer service is everything.

I agree it would be awesome if the USA could somehow cut the dependence on China, however, that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon and every freeking thread on this forum doesn't need to turn into a "The CHINESE CCP are out of control". I get it. I agree.
How about, as my mom used to say, "If you have nothing constructive to add to a discussion, add nothing"

So, as I attempted to relay when starting this thread:

We are Now an Authorized Arken Riflescope Dealer

After meeting with Arken at SHOT Show, and then a few follow up discussions, we have become an authorized Arken Dealer. We feel that the riflescopes that they offer are excellent quality and for the price surprisingly great features. If we can answer anything for you about Arken scopes please give us a call.

Oh, as stated on the Arken website by one of the owners of Arken, Mike Reilly- Navy SEAL sniper (Team One/ SOUC-Spec Ops Urban Combat)
"The primary function of a scope is to aid the shooter in hitting a designated target. This instrument must be rugged and precise, the most crucial aspects of any high-end optic. Creating a rugged, precision optic with extreme clarity, brightness, and dependable repeatability at an affordable price for the everyday shooter used to be a challenge. Arken Optics USA has overcome these challenges and reset the bar by producing optics that provide these high-end features and precise tracking without requiring a second mortgage. We stand behind our products 100% with our Precision Tracking Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty."

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The purpose of this thread was to inform you all that while at SHOT we met with the folks at Arken, found the riflescopes they produce to be quality products and we are now an authorized dealer for their items. We attempt each year to add a, new to us, worthwhile product line to our offerings.

Yes, we recommend made in China products when that is the correct suggestion and many time staying within someone's budget the best option is something made in China. We carry Sightron (made in the Philippines and Japan), Swarovski, Leica, Kahles (all made in Europe) Tangent Theta (Canada) Burris (USA, Philippines, Japan and China), Steiner (Europe, Philippines and China), Element (China and Japan) to mention a few brands.
We only carry and offer what we believe are quality products from companies with a USA presence and dependable customer service.

FWIW, my other business, as some of you know, is an offshore tackle shop. I've fished with some of the folks here. When I had time I LOVED going fishing. Unfortunately for me life responsibilities outweigh pleasure time and I have not been fishing in about 6 years. I miss my annual trip to Alaska and the off shore Tuna/Shark trips here. When my youngest is older I hope to get back to it. For now I work 6/7 days a week and I think I'm pretty damn good at what I do and I also think I am fairly knowledgeable about the products I offer. I know I'm F'ing good at assisting anyone who asks as my Pop taught us that customer service is everything.

I agree it would be awesome if the USA could somehow cut the dependence on China, however, that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon and every freeking thread on this forum doesn't need to turn into a "The CHINESE CCP are out of control". I get it. I agree.
How about, as my mom used to say, "If you have nothing constructive to add to a discussion, add nothing"

So, as I attempted to relay when starting this thread:

We are Now an Authorized Arken Riflescope Dealer

After meeting with Arken at SHOT Show, and then a few follow up discussions, we have become an authorized Arken Dealer. We feel that the riflescopes that they offer are excellent quality and for the price surprisingly great features. If we can answer anything for you about Arken scopes please give us a call.

Oh, as stated on the Arken website by one of the owners of Arken, Mike Reilly- Navy SEAL sniper (Team One/ SOUC-Spec Ops Urban Combat)
"The primary function of a scope is to aid the shooter in hitting a designated target. This instrument must be rugged and precise, the most crucial aspects of any high-end optic. Creating a rugged, precision optic with extreme clarity, brightness, and dependable repeatability at an affordable price for the everyday shooter used to be a challenge. Arken Optics USA has overcome these challenges and reset the bar by producing optics that provide these high-end features and precise tracking without requiring a second mortgage. We stand behind our products 100% with our Precision Tracking Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty."

Doug, I've not had any better customer service than what you and the Cameraland crew deliver. I don't own any chinese made scopes, but I have. I appreciate all you do, and you don't need to explain anything to the idiots who don't realize not everyone can spend over $300 to scope every rifle they own.

Have a great weekend!

Austin from Oregon

PS......give Neil hell next time you see him!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Doug, Thank you for your efforts. Keep up the good work. You seem to go out of your way to be helpful to folks here.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by NWT
Unfortunately until things change , many products we purchase today we don’t have a choice. Sport Optics we have many choices.
Those that responded in favor of supporting CCP made products are either the uneducated, uninformed, un AMERICAN. I find it intriguing how many vote with their wallets versus the big picture and treat CCP made products as any other. Many are just so ignorant nothing will get through to their little minds. Look up in the sky, your buddies are visiting you .
you should use you patriotism and vast intelligence to start a true us-made optics company and break into the competitive business and see how that works...
p. s. you'll probably learn how hard it is to break in a business at any price point let alone top end...

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
This.

Had a 30 minute conversation with Neal Monday regarding a spotting scope question, like always, no pressure and fun to talk to.

Originally Posted by huntsman22

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NWT
[quote=NWT]

Paul:

Forums like this do not exist without sponsors. Doug is a sponsor. A damn good one. An option for you is to put him on ignore.

Shooting guns is a sport? Then this guy is an athlete.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You owe me royalties now.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by ihookem
I aksed before if it was made in China , and is there another scope that compares in quality that is not made in China. I didnt ask this question to beat up on the original poster. I would likely be happy buying just about any scope not made in China . I would gladly buy Japanese, German or American or a combination of any company. Sure , it has a better price point, best scope " for the price".. At 60 yrs old, I am not looking at a good scope for the price. I am looking for a good scope not made in China and hardly care about the price... I buy scopes so seldom anyway,, ,, and this might be my last scope. I need to replace my Leupold Vari X 2 4x12 that I payed $216 for in July 1987 with the money I scrimped on my honeymoon...
I get that price isn't the main concern for you, but just to clarify, SWFA scopes are at a similar price point as Arken and are made in Japan.

Well not necessarily if you're comparing as close to apples to apples as possible..

SWFA 5-20x50 SS HD $900
Arken EPL4 6-24x50 $440/$515 inc rings, throw lever, flip up optic covers, level.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1234, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,193 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,255
Posts18,486,342
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.