Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I carry Original Vienna sausage cans for emergencies in my boat and truck in case I get stuck in the backcountry and miles from well traveled roads overnight.. . .

They taste a lot better heated up a bit, or
browned in the skillet

Well, the starving strays i feed never seem to mind, but I agree, a few minutes sitting on a hot manifold improves the feast immensely.

PS. Always keep packs of crackers with cheese in the truck too.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I carry Original Vienna sausage cans for emergencies in my boat and truck in case I get stuck in the backcountry and miles from well traveled roads overnight.. . .

browned in the skillet

Well, the starving strays i feed never seem to mind, but I agree, a few minutes sitting on a hot manifold improves the feast immensely.

just in case

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I made Reuben’s with it once. All the traditional stuff - marbled rye, Swiss, thousand island, sauerkraut. Just subbed out SPAM for the corned beef because I had it and not the other. It was friggin awesome and I recommend highly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
RHClark, I strongly recommend you believe and follow everything that WHO says.

The rest of us can get along with our lives not cowering in the corner. And we'll be around to write your obit, I bet.

Your obit will be "Says WHO?"

All that Spam making you testy? Gesh guys, I was trying to keep Ya'll from getting cancer. I didn't know Spam was among your core beliefs. How about I don't hope you die before me but wish us all a long healthy life instead.

Shut your foucking piehole

You and your dr mercola horseshît

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

browned in the skillet

Been keeping a couple of clif bars in the truck
for uh-oh times. Haven't ever found much of
anything durable enough to keep besides those
and the peanut butter foil packs

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spam, eggs, and biscuits! Delish!

Ron
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The rest of us can get along with our lives not cowering in the corner. And we'll be around to write your obit, I bet.

All that Spam making you testy? Gesh guys, I was trying to keep Ya'll from getting cancer. I didn't know Spam was among your core beliefs. How about I don't hope you die before me but wish us all a long healthy life instead.
What exactly is in Spam that causes cancer?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saturday, April 29, 2023!
[Linked Image from alchetron.com]
[Linked Image from alchetron.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by steve4102

Here is just one article.
https://www.mdanderson.org/publications/focused-on-health/eat-less-processed-meat.h11-1590624.html

Last edited by RHClark; 02/06/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There ain’t a damn thing in the world that doesn’t “cause cancer”.

If you’re eating enough spam to get cancer from it, I’d bet a dollar to a processed ham loaf you have a lot more to worry about.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner

If you’re eating enough spam to get cancer from it, I’d bet a dollar to a processed ham loaf you have a lot more to worry about.

Probably right at this point, since we have put poison on our crops that has drained into our water for generations. Lots we just can't avoid, but I do avoid what I can.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Here is just one article.
https://www.mdanderson.org/publications/focused-on-health/eat-less-processed-meat.h11-1590624.html

LOL.

A quote from your link,

Nitrates and nitrites are added to keep processed meat fresher longer

WRONG, this is not why Nitrites are added to meat. The article doesn't even know what Nitrites are and what they are used for, sooooo.

OH and.

Vegetables particularly rich in nitrates include green leafy vegetables such as spinach and lettuce as well as fennel, rocket, radishes, Chinese cabbage, and parsley

Don't forget to remove these from your diet as well.

...and one last thing.

Background (Significance/History)

Sodium nitrite is similar in name and use to sodium nitrate. Both are preservatives used in processed meats, such as salami, hot dogs, and bacon.

Sodium nitrite has been synthesized by several chemical reactions that involve the reduction of sodium nitrate. Industrial production of sodium nitrite is primarily by the absorption of nitrogen oxides into aqueous sodium carbonate or sodium hydroxide.

Over the years, sodium nitrite has raised some concerns about its safety in foods, but it remains in use and there are indications that it may actually be healthy.

Sodium nitrite was developed during the 1960s. In 1977, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) considered banning it but the USDA’s final ruling on the additive came out in 1984, allowing its use. Studies in the 1990s indicated some adverse effects of sodium nitrite, for instance the potential to cause childhood leukemia and brain cancers.

In the late 1990s, the National Toxicity Program (NTP) began a review of sodium nitrite and proposed listing sodium nitrite as a developmental and reproductive toxicant, but a report in 2000 by NTP proposed that sodium nitrite is not a toxic substance and removed it from the list of developmental and reproductive toxicants. It is now believed that it can help with organ transplants and leg vascular problems, while preventing heart attacks and sickle cell disease.

Edit to add,

You're an idiot and a sheep.

Last edited by steve4102; 02/06/23.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Probably right at this point, since we have put poison on our crops that has drained into our water for generations. Lots we just can't avoid, but I do avoid what I can.

I'm guessing you believe MSG is "Bad" as well, and people have allergic reactions to it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
spam has medicinal benefits as well ,study shows people who eat spam are happy and not likely to commit suicide or behead anyone.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I'm guessing you believe MSG is "Bad" as well, and people have allergic reactions to it.

Naw. It's health food and should be sold as supplements. Please carry on.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Cubed up.
Pan or pot seared a little.
Pour in a big can of Bushes baked beans.
5 or 6 slices of bread and butter.

Fast lunch or dinner..

Spam is pretty versatile.

Only limits are one,s own imagination.

Same people busting on spam.

More than likely eat ground up or boiled down/combo processed meat products and meat by products of various sorts...

Hypocrites basically....

Whatever.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by renegade50; 02/06/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,021 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,197
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.