Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It would be interesting to know how many old people run these cars up the side of a tree because they're fiddling with all the buttons instead of driving the damn car.

Oh shut up. You can't even operate a manual transmission and you want to talk about how to drive.

Fuggin' with buttons isn't driving.

Easy old timer, find yourself an old 3 on the tree that leaks oil.

Have a flat tire, you'd get on the bluetooth and call 911.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Buncha frigging whiners.
Does it really affect your driving? No.

This is an old man yelling at the clouds flavor to it.

I have rented vehicles that have it on them.

And yes it does affect the driving. There is a noticeable pause and delay in trying to take off quickly from a stop.

It is more than an annoyance. Glad you could contribute. Even though your contribution equated to a swing and a miss.
Wrong.
It’s on our 2022 Honda CR-V. Not even the slightest bit of a problem with it in driving. If you feel you need to have millisecond reaction time to blast off from a traffic signal or stop sign, just wiggle the steering wheel, or let off the brake enough to cause it to start again, it will stay running. The 1/4 to 1/2 second it takes to start isn’t an issue in real life. You guys act like you’re at the frigging dragstrip trying to cut your reaction time down to beat your opponent to the far side of the intersection.
Again. Whiners

A stupid solution to a non-existing problem that comes with a crammed down your throat cost to a buyer who does not want, or need such annoying crap (like backup cameras).

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It would be interesting to know how many old people run these cars up the side of a tree because they're fiddling with all the buttons instead of driving the damn car.

Oh shut up. You can't even operate a manual transmission and you want to talk about how to drive.

Changing the radio station on a new car you would need an 8 year old to show you how.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Changing the radio station on a new car you would need an 8 year old to show you how.

No,...I had to learn how to change radio stations when Millennials created a demand for some whining by somebody who calls himself "Post Malone".

There they sit,....waiting on some old boy to come change their tire while listening to Post Malone whine on the radio.

Millennials in a nutshell.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Renegade and Cherokee have it
Annoying.
Just get in and press button to start car, press another button to disable auto stop/ start.

Guess if youre gonna buy or lease a vehicle, only keep a couple yrs.....whatever component wear doesnt matter.

Back up camera? Needed w the poor visibility of some vehicles.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Buncha frigging whiners.

And yes it does affect the driving. There is a noticeable pause and delay in trying to take off quickly from a stop.

It is more than an annoyance. Glad you could contribute. Even though your contribution equated to a swing and a miss.
Wrong.
It’s on our 2022 Honda CR-V. Not even the slightest bit of a problem with it in driving. If you feel you need to have millisecond reaction time to blast off from a traffic signal or stop sign, just wiggle the steering wheel, or let off the brake enough to cause it to start again, it will stay running. The 1/4 to 1/2 second it takes to start isn’t an issue in real life. You guys act like you’re at the frigging dragstrip trying to cut your reaction time down to beat your opponent to the far side of the intersection.
Again. Whiners

A stupid solution to a non-existing problem that comes with a crammed down your throat cost to a buyer who does not want, or need such annoying crap (like backup cameras).

I have a manual - no start/stop on the Taco but you'll take my back up camera and 360 camera from my cold dead hands. Love that sucker.

Me

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Buncha frigging whiners.

Wrong.
Again. Whiners

Exactly. Literally the equivalent of an old man yelling at clouds. My 2022 Denali and my wife's 2021 Tahoe both have it and it is a none issue. SMH

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by hookeye
Renegade and Cherokee have it
Annoying.

Back up camera? Needed w the poor visibility of some vehicles.

Yeah, cars were not made with poor visibility until 2018! Understand that some cars need them but government did not need to mandate them on all automobiles. An option - yes, forced upon us all - no.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've driven quite a few rental cars with it, some are better than others at being ready to go when you are, especially when you are stopped and need to move into traffic quickly. Just releasing the brake a bit will do the trick and I generally don't mind it on cars. My 2020 Chevy Silverado has it and I turn it off every time I start the truck, it can have a bit of a lag and it does not bolster my confidence. Also, when it's your personal vehicle, not a rental, every time that starter connects you know it's going to need attention down the road. To me, it's no big deal, just one more button to push before I drive.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My Cherokee and Renegade have crappy visibility at rear/rear corners. Backup camera is needed.

Turn around and look, plus use camera. Both, every time.

My old XJ and ZJ jeeps had good back visibility.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/07/23.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Today's cars have so much hi tech crap on them that it's ridiculous. We recently bought a 2021 Acura RDX (wife's car) and you need an instruction manual in order to operate all the gadgets it contains.
I don't know 10% of what our car will do. We've had it 3 years and just last week I discovered that it has heated wiper blades. I don't know how they heat as there are no wire hookup or heat elements in them. There's nothing in the manual about needing special blades, either.
The manual is over 700 pages. No way can anyone learn all of that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My 2022 Denali and my wife's 2021 Tahoe both have it and it is a none issue. SMH

Of course it is a non issue. First you have to have a drivers license, then you have to start the car. Two things you can’t do.

What is even funnier is claiming you’re married. No way in the world anyone would marry your dumb ass.

What a moron!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by shrapnel
My 2022 Denali and my wife's 2021 Tahoe both have it and it is a none issue. SMH

Of course it is a non issue. First you have to have a drivers license, then you have to start the car. Two things you can’t do.

What is even funnier is claiming you’re married. No way in the world anyone would marry your dumb ass.

What a moron!

Did that wheel chair your fat ass got pushed around in that time you stubbed your toe have auto stop?

LOL

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm starting to rember it everytime I start up

MOLON LABE
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Our Explorer has it. It is mostly a non-issue and VERY easy to override when it is. If the engine cuts off I can't get my foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator fast enough for there to be any delay. If I want to keep the engine running I simply slightly release the brake as I'm slowing and it never cuts off. The only time it does bother me is in a lot of stop and go traffic where i have to stop at a stop sign at every intersection. Then I push one button and it stays on all the time.

The auto dimming headlights are more of a headache. But once again turning a knob 1/2" fixes that.

Time will tell, but the starters are supposed to last as long, or longer than conventional starters. We'll see.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,865
Posts18,517,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.