Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by RHClark
Put whatever numbers you want on it. I'm just talking generalizations.
What I mean by drastic measures isn't really all that drastic.

You said drastic and gave specific threshold numbers, now You are backing peddling.
And it seems all your extensive research
hasn't explained to you that ones body already
knows to burns fat as/when required.

I think you just want to argue about anything to make yourself feel better somehow. If someone's body was already burning fat as it should there would be no weight loss needed. If you are a fat ass you need to do something different and there are some choices. Pick whatever works, but get to it.

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Pickup a book - Bright Line Eating.
Bottom line, no bread, pasta, alcohol, sweets.

Excercise. And count your calories and workout on myfitnesspal.com or similar program.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I will say that keto/intermittent fasting is probably the best short term weight loss plan going.

Long term, you have to be very dedicated. One donut and it’s game on.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You could eat a diet of nothing but Snickers bars and lose weight as long as you ate less calories than you burned. That exact thing has been done and proven. The thing to consider however is, do you want a body built out of nothing but Snickers bars? The best diet will be the one that allows you to maintain a healthy weight and be composed of the most nutrient rich ingredients. You need to think about diet as the thing you need to eat, as opposed to the things you want to eat. Think about what your body needs rather than what it wants. A body builder will have different requirements than a long-distance runner. A 50-year-old morbidly obese guy will have different requirements than a 30-year-old guy that needs to drop 20 lbs.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You said drastic and gave specific threshold numbers, now You are backing peddling.

I think you just want to argue about anything to make yourself feel better somehow. If someone's body was already burning fat as it should there would be no weight loss needed. If you are a fat ass you need to do something different and there are some choices. Pick whatever works, but get to it.
LOL

This from the Campfire Clown that believes nitrites cause cancer and MSG is a man made poison.

You giving advice on dietary health is akin to Alec Baldwin holding a firearms safety training seminar.

Idiot.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think it is relatively simple:

- don't eat crap, get the right mix of nutrition consisting of protein, good carbs and good fats
- don't eat more than what your body uses
- bike riding, running, stair masters is good exercise to burn calories and if you want to have a body like a grasshopper
- do weights if you want to burn calories and have a body like a man

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by steve4102

LOL

This from the Campfire Clown that believes nitrites cause cancer and MSG is a man made poison.

You giving advice on dietary health is akin to Alec Baldwin holding a firearms safety training seminar.

Idiot.

Commentary from another that has nothing positive to say and nothing to add. I'm sorry you are so insecure; you need to put someone else down to feel better about yourself.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by CRS
Being 55, losing weight has changed for me. Have lost 12 pounds in the last month and half. It takes a combination of everything, but simply put, you must burn more calories than you eat.

I can not exercise with the intensity I used to, but am doing 20-30 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. Stay between 70-80% of max heart rate. When weather allows I will walk for 60-90 minutes.

Core work is the same 5 days a week.

Weightlifting frequency has dramatically decreased as has intensity. Just plain hurts the joints. Building/maintaining muscle is important.

Diet is huge, have cut out alcohol, excess sugar, eating two meals a day. Any carbs are before my workout, with protein after. Trying to go at least 12 hours fasting every day.

I am 62.

I lost 60 lbs in about 2 - 2 1/2 months.

What I did was I started a vert strict intermittent fasting program. Quit drinking and sugar at the same time. I did drink a lot of sugar free electrolytes for my salts, potassium and hydration.

A lot of Cardio: I biked 7.5 miles, then walk for an additional 3 miles every single day.

Never felt better in my life!

KB

But you are in too bad of shape to hunt now?

What do you mean???

You were bitching that your hunting days were over.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
... If someone's body was already burning fat as it should there
would be no weight loss needed. ..

A Cheap deflection ..The issue is you claimed one needs to 'train the body' to
metabolize adipose/enter catabolic state.

For all the research you claim to have done You don't seem to even grasp the basics..
then when its pointed out to you , you perceive it as being argumentative.

Perhaps you could start by studying the insulin - glucagon antagonist relationship
and baseline triggers for transition from 'fed to fast' state.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I did when I quit playing football. I did fasted cardio every morning for an hour. Went from 270ish to 200lbs relatively quick. I think I also did a spin class twice a week in the afternoon.

Now mind you I was 20 or 21yrs old and continued lifting weights too. I wasn't a soft 270, was squatting over 500 and benching over 300. So my resting metabolic rate was probably pretty high. It took about 8k calories a day for me to get that big....and my body just couldn't handle the weight.

Low intensity cardio can be used to lose weight, but it must be in conjunction with a caloric deficit.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
RH Clark has done what 75% of America needs to do. I remember his pictures. It was the stuff every weight loss scheme would like to sell.

The rest of you have keyboards. No pics.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I did when I quit playing football. I did fasted cardio every morning for an hour. Went from 270ish to 200lbs relatively quick. I think I also did a spin class twice a week in the afternoon.

Now mind you I was 20 or 21yrs old and continued lifting weights too. I wasn't a soft 270, was squatting over 500 and benching over 300. So my resting metabolic rate was probably pretty high. It took about 8k calories a day for me to get that big....and my body just couldn't handle the weight.

Low intensity cardio can be used to lose weight, but it must be in conjunction with a caloric deficit.

At 21 you can go from 5 mountain dews to 3 mountain dews a day and lose 30lbs. 😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
RH Clark has done what 75% of America needs to do...

Clark also likes to cite rodent studies to back
his arguments.

Yet he failed to mention that Ketogenic diet
has shown to aggravate cardiac remodelling
(Left Ventricular Cardiomyocyte Hypertrophy)
in hypertensive pathophysiological state rats.
What's more, it revealed that Keto diet increased
mitochondrial ROS production (oxidative stress).

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Tag

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
RH Clark has done what 75% of America needs to do. I remember his pictures. It was the stuff every weight loss scheme would like to sell.

Exactly. And he gets attacked by a range of know it all clowns pretending to be experts in human physiology, biology, and chemistry for sharing his experience. Call it TCB. Typical Campfire Behavior.

The whole diet and health thing is a minefield. Its really hard to be right about everything all the time because there is a lot of misinformation out there. "Studies" are funded by big food and big pharma. You can't patent a whole food low carb diet and if makes people healthy, you can't sell them medicine. That is not good for quarterly earnings reports and stock prices. Then on the other hand, you have the communists who want everyone to be subservient rice, twig, and cricket eaters so they will be easier to control. Males with healthy testosterone levels tend to tell them to GFY, so best tell everyone that beef is bad for you or the planet because beef tends to raise testosterone.

That could be the reasons that studies have shown that upwards of 75 percent of studies are complete horse crap. Someone should do a study on it.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

At 21 you can go from 5 mountain dews to 3 mountain dews a day and lose 30lbs. 😂

Probably.

Currently in the process of dropping another 20-30lbs from 220, I'll see how difficult it is in comparison.

Now I'm doing intermittent fasting, eating right, and most importantly drinking only water (no booze).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Different things for different folks / body types.

Me?

I have burn more calories than i take in.

I try to walk every evening. Mornings and evenings on weekends.

Up to 8 miles now. That’s 2.5 hrs or so at the speed i walk. Hit a new best earlier this week. 8.1 miles @ 17.27 mins per mile.

Not a lot of folks want to dedicate that much time.

It’s a lot easier to sit on the couch and surf FB..

Cut out carbs also. I love sweets. That’s that hardest for me. ESP during holidays.. baked goods…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Thanks for this post definitely one of the more interesting ones I've read lately and a nice break from the typical bullshit have you ever threads that have infested this site. I'm 5'11 and fluctuate around 180 without much exercise and consider myself to have a rather healthy build except for a bit of a gut, which I didn't pay much attention to until I started looking at some pictures next to my girlfriend with my shirt off. I will say I've got out about all fast food, with the exception of five guys, I haven't touched McDonald's or Burger King in years, my soda intake is way down usually none a week, I still eat pizza probably once a week. I've started having just a smoothie for breakfast and trying to get that to last until dinner. I'm fairly active without any actual gym time. So where should I go from here?

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

When I retired I got fat, unhealthy and diabetic.
Changing to an active, low carb lifestyle saved my life.
The weight has been off for 5 years, I will never go back to how I was.
I went from 265 lbs to 193.
At 62, I feel fantastic.
Every aspect of my life is better.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Proud NRA Life Member
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Damn sir hats off to you that impressive, I guess I'm not as healthy as I thought

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (450yukon, 673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 27 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,864
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.