Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
With the trouble our military has recently had with toy balloons, I’m not overly confident. We might could do well in a diversity contest however.

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Nope.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Given that the US couldn't handle Afghniastan and Iraq, the answer is quite obvious.
We will Never know if the US Military could defeat Afghanistan or Iraq, as victory was NEVER part of the Plan.

Yup. About 20mins in Gen. Wesley Clark is spills the beans about US foreign policy d-baggery in a lecture on the truth about at least Iraq.

Wesley Clark isn't someone I'd hang my hat upon for anything.
He has one hellava resume. What are you referring to? Not trolling, btw, just not familiar with his story.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
These threads never make any sense to me. This isn’t 1940. By the end of WWII it had gone nuclear. Even without nukes, given today’s technology and ICBM’s any large scale war between military powers would be such massive destruction that the “winner” wouldn’t matter to us.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Given that the US couldn't handle Afghniastan and Iraq, the answer is quite obvious.
We will Never know if the US Military could defeat Afghanistan or Iraq, as victory was NEVER part of the Plan.

the US has lost every war since 1945. Against backward small third world countries with no nukes, no air assets, no drones, no navies after invading them for no justifiable reason.

so now were going to war against two of the most powerful countries at the same time with nukes, navies, nuke subs, satellites, heavy air assets, heavy arty and tank units and drones? Are we going to draft women to win?

lol

What makes you think “ winning” is the objective?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
so now were going to war against two of the most powerful countries

Russia, with over 90% of its military deployed against it, can't even gain ground against Ukraine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by erikj

Yup. About 20mins in Gen. Wesley Clark is spills the beans about US foreign policy d-baggery in a lecture on the truth about at least Iraq.

He has one hellava resume. What are you referring to? Not trolling, btw, just not familiar with his story.

1 - Ran for president in 04 as a Dem. He's a Clintonite.
2 - His handling of the Balkans, let's just say there wasn't anyone I ever served with that was also there with him that had a single good thing to say about him.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
With the trouble our military has recently had with toy balloons, I’m not overly confident. We might could do well in a diversity contest however.

I don't think Emma or her two moms intimidate them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
China is a paper tiger completely dependent on imports of food and natural resources. On top of that they have no idea how to fight a war.

Russia is Russia. No need explaining that. They can’t even have a functioning aircraft carrier.

Now we are afraid of Gerbil boy?

What’s Iran going to do?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

Russia, with over 90% of its military deployed against it, can't even gain ground against Ukraine.
Psssst, CNN and your government aren’t real good sources of info, just so you know.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Psssst, CNN and your government aren’t real good sources of info, just so you know.

You think they're gaining ground?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I think Putin is doing exactly what he wants to do.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I think Putin is doing exactly what he wants to do.

Taking the entire landmass of Ukraine in the first two weeks without being bled to death over a year-long war while losing 2/3 of the land initially captured during the last ten months? He must be clever!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We could easily defeat the Russians on land , sea and in the air. With China, sea and air no doubt, but as far as land is concerned, they can go ANYWHERE they please over there and there's no way we could stop them, including Korea.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

2 - His handling of the Balkans, let's just say there wasn't anyone I ever served with that was also there with him that had a single good thing to say about him.
Thanks Teal. The list of elite officers with credibility seems to shrink over time.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Thanks Teal. The list of elite officers with credibility seems to shrink over time.

There was a guy and I hate myself for not remembering his name but he was US senior officer. Talking to a Serb counterpart in Kosovo.

Serb says something to the effect of "I could roll into Kosovo with a pile of divisions and simply push Nato out"

He responded with "And I can reach across this table and rip out your throat but neither is really going to happen"

Got that from his translator - in the room. One of the best NCO's I've ever met, any branch. Staff Sergeant in the Army. Great guy.

Really wish I could remember his name. I think I'd like him.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The US has not fought anyone since WW2 that could throw a punch. We been the bully. If we can't stop a balloon coming in , illegals coming over, or Iranians from grabbing some sailors not too long ago I have to wonder how much of this is very dangerous Hubris. The Argentinians sank some royal navy assets- imagine that!!! I am thinking N Korea, Iran, Russia and China have far greater capabilities- some of it our own thanks to Dem's and Hunter Biden. Not sure how the populace would take to having a carrier or cruiser or two sunk let alone a local power plant blown to bits. We might just be in for a bloody nose the woke culture could never imagine. Our home soil would not be off limits. Anyone here counting on France or GB, Germany or Poland to help us mix it up???? Do not hold your breath if the other side starts swinging in earnest. And for what? Ukraine?

Last edited by kenjs1; 02/21/23.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
we would have a difficult time handling the Dominican Republic with the poofters and trannys that are running the armed forces now We sent a huge amount of our reserve stocks to Ukraine, and the navy is barely able to put a task group to sea

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

May have something to do with it being a proxy war with the US. How many 100’s of billions in weapons has our government given Ukraine in addition to our puppet NATO allies?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Who says we are going to war? What did I miss? Granted I don't do news so there is that. But none of the news feeds on the phone say we are declaring war.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 22250rem, 219DW, 59 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,871
Posts18,518,012
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.