Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know how anybody could really know. By the time you get back to your 6th grate grandparents you've got 128 people feeding into your family tree. 64 couples that you're directly descended from.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have traced one side of my family back to a large plantation in northern Kentucky.... with that said...

I and my sister did a DNA thing from two different companies... 21 and Me, and Ancestry .com... We both came up with the same results which is mostly northern European with a good sliver of African blood... The African part is from the Ivory Coast part of Africa for what it is worth...

Looking at me... I'm as pasty white as your average Irishman....

What do you do with that ?

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If they did, so what.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell if I know

Genealogy’s for old ladies

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes , my Dads side . We have a copy of the will showing which kids he left them to. My Great grandfather volunteered in the 1st Kentucky Calvary for the Union , was in through the whole war.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
No. They were horse thieves .

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Dads family got off the boat in Georgia on Oglethorpe’s first trip. They had cotton, tobacco and turpentine stills. So yes they had a few . Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=Dillonbuck]No.
But the first one to come here sold himself into indentured servitude to pay
his passage.

Imagine that.
Voluntary slavery, seeking freedom, in order to pay his own way.

Compare that to today's Americans or those coming here.[/quote

Same here. One of my ancestors came here in the 1660's and worked off the trip after he got here.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hell if I know

Genealogy’s for old ladies

Amen! "We're descended from thieves and whores."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I always wondered why some yellow niqqers had the same last name as one side the family I put 2 and2 together on that.Same side different clan “Land lord”Clements had a plantation of tobacco and wheat hell of a operation.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
None as far as I know.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My wife, who is big into ancestry/genealogy, found a lot of information (though my deceased grandmother had many pre and post War of Northern Aggression records), including the names of some, how many had children, ect. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. Immigrant farmers to Iowa on my father’s side from Friesland (northern Holland). Same on my mother’s side but from southern Holland with some German and French in the background. Both came over in the very early 1900’s.

The Dutch were big in the slave trade though in the 1600’s along with the folks from Portugal though. They Visited the Gold Coast along with Ghana where the blacks were warehoused before being shipped out to the Americas.

However, it was black tribes who conquered other blacks and sold them to the Euro’s. Slavery was ubiquitous throughout Africa and the Middle East, and about everywhere else going back to OT times.

Simple facts that that aren’t known, told, or taught, ignored, or seemingly remembered by contemporary race baiters.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Yup. Even passed them down in their wills.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
My Dad's people got off the boat in South Carolina in the mid 1700's. Like Bristoe was saying if you follow all the branches of the tree since then there are some slave holders there. Its almost inevitable given the time and location.

Also some of my ancestors fought for the Americans in the second revolution.

I guess I owe bigly rapeanations in the eyes of some.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I think some countries had slaves after the US?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
No. Immigrant farmers to Iowa on my father’s side from Friesland (northern Holland). Same on my mother’s side but from southern Holland with some German and French in the background. Both came over in the very early 1900’s.

The Dutch were big in the slave trade though in the 1600’s along with the folks from Portugal though. They Visited the Gold Coast along with Ghana where the blacks were warehoused before being shipped out to the Americas.

However, it was black tribes who conquered other blacks and sold them to the Euro’s. Slavery was ubiquitous throughout Africa and the Middle East, and about everywhere else going back to OT times.

Simple facts that that aren’t known, told, or taught, ignored, or seemingly remembered by contemporary race baiters.

Excellent post!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Apparently my ancestors used to sail south, plunder and burn churches, breed local women, steal cattle and take slaves home, Irish, Scots, English.... seems like a great business model. I have had the urge to do these things as well, but my balls are much smaller.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Paternal grandparents -
Grandpa's line - came over from Germany, his mother was the family's first-born in this country - 1880 it was.
Grandma's line - came here from Denmark - she was part of the family's first generation born in this country.

Maternal grandparents -
Grandma's line - came here from Denmark - she was part of the family's first generation born in this country.
Grandpa's line - came here from Ireland - 6x great grandfather landed in VA about 1700. By 1775 many of the family had headed West into KY, TN, IL and MO.

Not aware that any of my relatives ever owned any slaves. Can't say that for certain, but none of them had much money.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

457 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,878 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,456
Posts18,508,152
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.