-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 49 50
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought this was gonna be a right-wing rebuttal involving an “Indians are Morons” theme.

But, surprisingly well researched and written.

Yepper, once they got the horse the Indians did what ever’body else throughout history did; depleted a readily available resource, killing bunches for their tongues and trading hides by the thousands…..

A good read…..

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/0...and-horses-play-in-the-decline-of-bison/

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LOL!!
A Major I " worked" for told me about his Buffalo " Hunt" he did on some Rez land up in Wyoming or Montana.
They had em all fenced in about 35 or 40 of em on like 5 acres of land... Indian wild Buffalo hunt...
🤪🤦‍♂️🤪
He paid his 3 or 4 k IIRC and waylayed his Buffalo at about 30 yds thru the fence.
Can't remember what rifle he said he used.

But the hunt was portrayed as a wild Buffalo hunt.
Not rounded up fenced in one's like what went down when he arrived..
4 or 5 other customers/ " hunters" their waiting for their shot at a Tatonka also....

He just said fugg it...
Had already paid via credit and throw in all the travel, time, and logistics.

The Indians did have butchering and shipping of the meat, head, and hide options all set up too.

Have seen a few threads on here over the years per Buffalo " hunts" that had fenced in stuff going on in the pics.

Tatonka....

🤪🤪🤦‍♂️🤪🤪

W
wbm Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Wait Wait! Not so fast. Bisons fart right? So are environmentalists and AOC ok with this program? I mean more farting bovines could adversely impact the years remaining till the death of the planet right?

Last edited by wbm; 03/07/23.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
“Indigenous knowledge”?

So much for “trust the science”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
as stupid a proposal as I have heard yet. What we should do is eliminate indian status and incorporate them into the melting pot with the rest of us.

Tens of thousands of White people named "Dwight England" and "Suzie Worthington" but who are 'on the rolls' shake their fist and turquoise jewelry at you!!!

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Fed Govs and Indians...

What could go wrong? eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
as stupid a proposal as I have heard yet. What we should do is eliminate indian status and incorporate them into the melting pot with the rest of us.

You don't want that.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Tatonka....

🤪🤪🤦‍♂️🤪🤪

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ah yes....but....there is a money laundering outfit called the American Prairie Reserve that is buying private property along with huge BLM leases with money swindled from retarded bleeding heart types from the coast.

Hell...they just got allowed to graze all year long by the BLM. NO for the cattlemen.

It just takes money.
As always, applying “Ocamms Razor” puts things into a little different perspective!
Always look at who stands to gain what and go from there.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
So much info shared here is completely and horribly wrong.

Many tribes have restored bison herds and manage them well. Bison are heartier than cattle and eat about the same amount of grass, a little less actually. They reproduce at the same rates but often live longer. Brucellosis can be spread by cattle or bison just as easily and affects them similarly. That myth reminds me of some of the COVID BS we were told.

Threads like this remind me of the vast ignorance of boomers. No wonder they drove this country into the dirt.

This /\

The ignorance of the fire is on full display in this thread.

"Gianforte has argued that bison conservation undermines the health of rural livestock, and that public lands within the state should only be leased to commercial livestock producers."

Jersey is a moron. Bison are classified livestock in MT. Dumb fugg is the governor and doesn't know this. LOL

Last edited by losttrail60; 03/07/23.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by renegade50
Tatonka....

🤪🤪🤦‍♂️🤪🤪

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh
Visa or Mastercard...
🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You don't want that.

yes I do. Eliminate all indian 'ownership' of land, and get rid of any 'sovereign status' crap.

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Who’s going to pay for the fences they go through? “Indigenous knowledge” ? What makes them experts on bison management? It’s been a while since they last subsisted on bison herds.
Whoever owns the fence will be then one that will pay. The old western law for the ranchers will apply here, "If you don't want the Bison/cattle on your property then YOU will have to fence them out".

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by losttrail60

Many tribes have restored bison herds and manage them well. Bison are heartier than cattle and eat about the same amount of grass, a little less actually. They reproduce at the same rates but often live longer. Brucellosis can be spread by cattle or bison just as easily and affects them similarly. That myth reminds me of some of the COVID BS we were told.

Threads like this remind me of the vast ignorance of boomers. No wonder they drove this country into the dirt.

This /\

"Gianforte has argued that bison conservation undermines the health of rural livestock, and that public lands within the state should only be leased to commercial livestock producers."

Jersey is a moron. Bison are classified livestock in MT. Dumb fugg is the governor and doesn't know this. LOL

Been out campaigning for your bitch Tester yet callnum?

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

You don't want that.

yes I do. Eliminate all indian 'ownership' of land, and get rid of any 'sovereign status' crap.

No, no you don't.

Not unless you want Pine Ridge moving into your back yard.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by losttrail60

This /\

Been out campaigning for your bitch Tester yet callnum?

He thinks that these buffler are commercial.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Exactly! I'm aware of local regions where they are successfully restoring the bison herds and native grasses. I'm all in favor of restoring them on a much larger scale.

What a lot of those ignorant-assed boomer comments are leaving out is that it was the US Govt and greedy buffalo hunters engaged in a genocidal war against the Indian tribes that nearly wiped out the great herds. As a matter of fact, in my early years, I lived just a few miles from where the last known eastern woodland buffalo was killed and it wasn't by an Indian. A dumbass hillbilly did it.
The Indians and the bison were not compatible with settlement and farming, so they had to go. There was no way agriculture and industrialization was possible with well armed highly mobile nomads stealing and murdering at will. Likewise crops could never have been successful with wild very strong fence breaking cattle roaming at will.

In truth the Indians were treated better than most conquered peoples. And the bison are now believed to have mostly succumbed to Texas Tick Fever or anthrax brought north by the Texas cattle that were immune carriers. No way 60 million cattle could have been shot out. They would have produced 15 million calves a year if only half the females would have produced.

Both the Indians and the bison were mostly decimated by European introduced diseases. The buffalo hunters just finished the job on the remaining herd. Those huge piles of bones you see at the railroads could just as easy been collected from skeletons remaining after natural death.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ah yes....but....there is a money laundering outfit called the American Prairie Reserve that is buying private property along with huge BLM leases with money swindled from retarded bleeding heart types from the coast.

Hell...they just got allowed to graze all year long by the BLM. NO for the cattlemen.

It just takes money.

American Prairie buys ranches from willing sellers, as American as apple pie and baseball. Its none of you gdamn business who a private landowner decides to sell to. If they want to pass their ranches on to their kids, sell it to the hippies down the street, sell it to the Federal Government, or sell to a non profit...not any of your concern.

AP is also great about public access, they allow hunting and allow access across their property to formerly landlocked BLM, State, and other Federal lands.

Also, the BLM leases typically go with the property, they aren't directly purchased but rather continue with property that AP purchases.

The bison were approved for grazing on AP BLM leases, because guess what? The Republicans in Montana were so "smart" they fell for the DOL to classify bison as livestock in Montana? Why? So the DOL could kill the bison that leave Yellowstone Park.

That has consequences and the brain trust that is the Republican Party in Montana should have been smart enough to realize what those consequences would be. The BLM is simply allowing the state classified livestock (bison) that AP owns, to graze as livestock on their BLM leases that were tied to the ranches they legally purchased.

Please provide proof of this year round bison grazing the BLM is allowing...I say you're full of chit, as per always.

Oh, and here's a bull my Dad shot on AP property that they acquired from a poaching scumbag from Minneapolis. A year prior, this property was off limits to the public, I'm very happy AP purchased it. My family and I donate to AP every year, and they're the best thing that's ever happened to the breaks. Great organization that does great work.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

As to the tribes expanding their bison herds, I hope they continue what they're already doing. Again, I have ZERO issue with tribes doing what they want on their reservations, its NONE of anyone's business but theirs. If they can corral some Federal money to continue to expand their herds, I think that's great. No different than other ranchers receiving subsidized grazing and farming.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Heck the APR might even buy Conrads place if he gets rid of the toilet in the front "yard" LOL

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BuzzH

It just takes money.

American Prairie buys ranches from willing sellers, as American as apple pie and baseball. Its none of you gdamn business who a private landowner decides to sell to. If they want to pass their ranches on to their kids, sell it to the hippies down the street, sell it to the Federal Government, or sell to a non profit...not any of your concern.

AP is also great about public access, they allow hunting and allow access across their property to formerly landlocked BLM, State, and other Federal lands.

Also, the BLM leases typically go with the property, they aren't directly purchased but rather continue with property that AP purchases.

The bison were approved for grazing on AP BLM leases, because guess what? The Republicans in Montana were so "smart" they fell for the DOL to classify bison as livestock in Montana? Why? So the DOL could kill the bison that leave Yellowstone Park.

That has consequences and the brain trust that is the Republican Party in Montana should have been smart enough to realize what those consequences would be. The BLM is simply allowing the state classified livestock (bison) that AP owns, to graze as livestock on their BLM leases that were tied to the ranches they legally purchased.

Please provide proof of this year round bison grazing the BLM is allowing...I say you're full of chit, as per always.

Oh, and here's a bull my Dad shot on AP property that they acquired from a poaching scumbag from Minneapolis. A year prior, this property was off limits to the public, I'm very happy AP purchased it. My family and I donate to AP every year, and they're the best thing that's ever happened to the breaks. Great organization that does great work.

As to the tribes expanding their bison herds, I hope they continue what they're already doing. Again, I have ZERO issue with tribes doing what they want on their reservations, its NONE of anyone's business but theirs. If they can corral some Federal money to continue to expand their herds, I think that's great. No different than other ranchers receiving subsidized grazing and farming.

Oh man! Change your tampon Cathy!

Your buddies are the biggest bunch of money laundering, access limiting crooks around!

No wonder BHA loves em!

Hahahaha!

Nothing makes for cleaner Bozeman real estate development money than running it through a "conservation" outfit first!

I am MAGA.
Page 4 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 49 50

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

215 members (320090T, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 22 invisible), 1,229 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,942
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.