Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 49 50
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I suspect that Buzzie or Callie don't know where Phillips County is......or that there is a BLM office in Lewsitown.

I am MAGA.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I suspect that Buzzie or Callie don't know where Phillips County is......or that there is a BLM office in Lewsitown.

Hilarious...I'm not a move-in to Montana, 4th generation Montana Native.

When did you move to Montana?

Laffin'...

Pretty familiar with all things Montana including Phillips and Blaine County. My family hunted Bill Cowen's place for a lot of years as well as other South of Chinook in that Cleveland/Lloyd country.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Ah yes....but....there is a money laundering outfit called the American Prairie Reserve that is buying private property along with huge BLM leases with money swindled from retarded bleeding heart types from the coast.

Hell...they just got allowed to graze all year long by the BLM. NO for the cattlemen.

It just takes money.

American Prairie buys ranches from willing sellers, as American as apple pie and baseball. Its none of you gdamn business who a private landowner decides to sell to. If they want to pass their ranches on to their kids, sell it to the hippies down the street, sell it to the Federal Government, or sell to a non profit...not any of your concern.

AP is also great about public access, they allow hunting and allow access across their property to formerly landlocked BLM, State, and other Federal lands.

Also, the BLM leases typically go with the property, they aren't directly purchased but rather continue with property that AP purchases.

The bison were approved for grazing on AP BLM leases, because guess what? The Republicans in Montana were so "smart" they fell for the DOL to classify bison as livestock in Montana? Why? So the DOL could kill the bison that leave Yellowstone Park.

That has consequences and the brain trust that is the Republican Party in Montana should have been smart enough to realize what those consequences would be. The BLM is simply allowing the state classified livestock (bison) that AP owns, to graze as livestock on their BLM leases that were tied to the ranches they legally purchased.

Please provide proof of this year round bison grazing the BLM is allowing...I say you're full of chit, as per always.

Oh, and here's a bull my Dad shot on AP property that they acquired from a poaching scumbag from Minneapolis. A year prior, this property was off limits to the public, I'm very happy AP purchased it. My family and I donate to AP every year, and they're the best thing that's ever happened to the breaks. Great organization that does great work.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

As to the tribes expanding their bison herds, I hope they continue what they're already doing. Again, I have ZERO issue with tribes doing what they want on their reservations, its NONE of anyone's business but theirs. If they can corral some Federal money to continue to expand their herds, I think that's great. No different than other ranchers receiving subsidized grazing and farming.

Tester and pelosi et al appreciate your support. Shîteating scumbag that you are.

MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Ah yes....but....there is a money laundering outfit called the American Prairie Reserve that is buying private property along with huge BLM leases with money swindled from retarded bleeding heart types from the coast.

Hell...they just got allowed to graze all year long by the BLM. NO for the cattlemen.

It just takes money.

American Prairie buys ranches from willing sellers, as American as apple pie and baseball. Its none of you gdamn business who a private landowner decides to sell to. If they want to pass their ranches on to their kids, sell it to the hippies down the street, sell it to the Federal Government, or sell to a non profit...not any of your concern.

AP is also great about public access, they allow hunting and allow access across their property to formerly landlocked BLM, State, and other Federal lands.

Also, the BLM leases typically go with the property, they aren't directly purchased but rather continue with property that AP purchases.

The bison were approved for grazing on AP BLM leases, because guess what? The Republicans in Montana were so "smart" they fell for the DOL to classify bison as livestock in Montana? Why? So the DOL could kill the bison that leave Yellowstone Park.

That has consequences and the brain trust that is the Republican Party in Montana should have been smart enough to realize what those consequences would be. The BLM is simply allowing the state classified livestock (bison) that AP owns, to graze as livestock on their BLM leases that were tied to the ranches they legally purchased.

Please provide proof of this year round bison grazing the BLM is allowing...I say you're full of chit, as per always.

Oh, and here's a bull my Dad shot on AP property that they acquired from a poaching scumbag from Minneapolis. A year prior, this property was off limits to the public, I'm very happy AP purchased it. My family and I donate to AP every year, and they're the best thing that's ever happened to the breaks. Great organization that does great work.

As to the tribes expanding their bison herds, I hope they continue what they're already doing. Again, I have ZERO issue with tribes doing what they want on their reservations, its NONE of anyone's business but theirs. If they can corral some Federal money to continue to expand their herds, I think that's great. No different than other ranchers receiving subsidized grazing and farming.

Tester and pelosi et al appreciate your support. Shîteating scumbag that you are.

Cry me a river...whining do-nothing mouth breather.

Out spend me with campaign contributions if you don't like Tester...get after it tuffie.

Last edited by BuzzH; 03/07/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is going to be very interesting to watch.

Predictions? 1. $25 million will balloon very quickly. 2. The released bison will be killed sooner than a sustainable herd can develop. 3. Even more money will be spent.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Buffalo herds in NE BC seem to be working well, there is Natives hunting them and a draw system in place for BC residents. If contained, I'm not sure what environmental problems could arise from something that was here for thousands of years, but for a short time it was not.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
A wilderness area where there is not much around for hundreds of miles is different than an area surrounded by private acres. And yea I’ve been over the Alcan Highway 14 times so I’ve seen how remote some areas in Canada are. I love it. Edk

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ERK
A wilderness area where there is not much around for hundreds of miles is different than an area surrounded by private acres. And yea I’ve been over the Alcan Highway 14 times so I’ve seen how remote some areas in Canada are. I love it. Edk
Exactly^^^^
My friend owned a massive Buffalo ranch in NE BC, all properly fenced, never had a problem until the vandalism started, the cutting of his fences ruined him. By the time he discovered the vandalism it was too late, he needed to hire an airplane to find them, then spend a couple days herding them back to the claim. I don't think he ever found out exactly who was doing it, I will ask him when I see him.

Evidently Buffalo don't just stop and eat on the other side of the fence, but like walking or even running, which they can do all day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
So much info shared here is completely and horribly wrong.

Many tribes have restored bison herds and manage them well. Bison are heartier than cattle and eat about the same amount of grass, a little less actually. They reproduce at the same rates but often live longer. Brucellosis can be spread by cattle or bison just as easily and affects them similarly. That myth reminds me of some of the COVID BS we were told.

Threads like this remind me of the vast ignorance of boomers. No wonder they drove this country into the dirt.

Exactly! I'm aware of local regions where they are successfully restoring the bison herds and native grasses. I'm all in favor of restoring them on a much larger scale.

What a lot of those ignant-assed boomer comments are leaving out is that it was the US Govt and greedy buffalo hunters engaged in a genocidal war against the Indian tribes that nearly wiped out the great herds. As a matter of fact, in my early years, I lived just a few miles from where the last known eastern woodland buffalo was killed and it wasn't by an Indian. A dumbass hillbilly did it.

Oh my.

I guess bleeding hearts in Alaska too....

I'm the last person that anyone who knows me would describe as a bleeding heart.

Doing he right thing is the right thing to do. Restoring what was fuct up and can be restored is the right thing to do.

And by the way, there's an ongoing project to reintroduce woodland bison to the Kuskokwim valley. That's four wild roving herds up here. The other three are the plains version.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

It just takes money.

Out spend me with campaign contributions if you don't like Tester...get after it tuffie.

I doubt my SS disability checks would allow me to outspend you. You showed your hand by admitting it’s all about money in your perspective anyways.

I can do more good exposing you and your BHA masters to folks that don’t know what you’re really about.

Fwiw, how much money spent and where by the Rez’s in general really is our business because most of it is tax money taken from us and given to them. i.e. “corralling Fed funds” in addition to what’s given to them already in your parlance. I like to know where the money stolen from me is spent. Ymmv.

Folks like yourself are why Bill Gates and the chicoms are buying up American farmland. Let alone our own homegrown commie scumbags.

MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Many tribes have restored bison herds and manage them well. Bison are heartier than cattle and eat about the same amount of grass, a little less actually. They reproduce at the same rates but often live longer. Brucellosis can be spread by cattle or bison just as easily and affects them similarly. That myth reminds me of some of the COVID BS we were told.

Threads like this remind me of the vast ignorance of boomers. No wonder they drove this country into the dirt.

Exactly! I'm aware of local regions where they are successfully restoring the bison herds and native grasses. I'm all in favor of restoring them on a much larger scale.

What a lot of those ignant-assed boomer comments are leaving out is that it was the US Govt and greedy buffalo hunters engaged in a genocidal war against the Indian tribes that nearly wiped out the great herds. As a matter of fact, in my early years, I lived just a few miles from where the last known eastern woodland buffalo was killed and it wasn't by an Indian. A dumbass hillbilly did it.

Oh my.

I'm the last person that anyone who knows me would describe as a bleeding heart.

Doing he right thing is the right thing to do. Restoring what was fuct up is the right thing to do.

How far back do you want to go as far with that? Should the stronger tribes cede the land given to them by the US to the tribes they displaced? Should Spain be on the hook for reparations to central and South America?

The American Indians were treated very damn well when taken into historical context.

MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

It just takes money.

I doubt my SS disability checks would allow me to outspend you. You showed your hand by admitting it’s all about money in your perspective anyways.

I can do more good exposing you and your BHA masters to folks that don’t know what you’re really about.

Fwiw, how much money spent and where by the Rez’s in general really is our business because most of it is tax money taken from us and given to them. i.e. “corralling Fed funds” in addition to what’s given to them already in your parlance. I like to know where the money stolen from me is spent. Ymmv.

Folks like yourself are why Bill Gates and the chicoms are buying up American farmland. Let alone our own homegrown commie scumbags.

Why am I not surprised you're a recipient of a social program? The hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

Speaking of reviewing how our tax dollars are being spent, a review of SSI disability checks are way over due.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Oh my.

Doing he right thing is the right thing to do. Restoring what was fuct up and can be restored is the right thing to do.

And by the way, there's an ongoing project to reintroduce woodland bison to the Kuskokwim valley. That's four wild roving herds up here. The other three are the plains version.

Uh...no.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Laffin'...

Pretty familiar with all things Montana including Phillips and Blaine County. My family hunted Bill Cowen's place for a lot of years as well as other South of Chinook in that Cleveland/Lloyd country.

Yet you are still so ignorant....even for a leftist.

Did you Google year round buffalo grazing yet?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Out of state liberals love the APR and Tester.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Laffin'...

Yet you are still so ignorant....even for a leftist.

Did you Google year round buffalo grazing yet?

Are you saying they need to migrate?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I just wonder about all that barbed wire...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nah....the wild and majestic buffler always loved wintering above the 48th with nothing to eat.

It's science.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nah....the wild and majestic buffler always loved wintering above the 48th with nothing to eat.

It's science.

Oh ok. Good. Science. I like science when I'm told it's science...

Thanks!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed
I just wonder about all that barbed wire...

By far and away...cattlemen are doing more for the grasslands than these buffler pimps.

Short duration, high stock density.

Just like how buffler USED to operate.

These buffler pimps wanna run them like cattle.

Fugging dummies.

I am MAGA.
Page 5 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 49 50

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 17Hunter, 48 invisible), 1,585 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,990
Posts18,520,164
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.