Hop To
Page 21 of 50 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 49 50
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by smokepole
Buzz, I thought you said this grant was meant to restore bison only on the reservations?

I think you added the only...but that may be the case.

https://www.bigrapidsnews.com/news/...oration-on-expanding-tribal-17817880.php

Yep, I added it. The point being, lotta gnashing of teeth if it's really something to be done "only" on the reservations.

I do agree with the question of why we should be paying for it, but that's just the federal government throwing money around to buy votes, it's not much in the scheme of how much money they spend on all manner of stuff that I don't agree with.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Just curious, but how much is bha paying sabrina king to lobby for them?

Sorry it's off topic, but that ship sailed a few pages ago...

Maybe it was volunteer work...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Buzzy,

What is your preferred end state with this deal?

Expain it like you're dealing with a slow 5 year old.

Or don't, but you seem to have a advocacy position here and I don't get where you want it to finish or what is the preferred end state.

I do wish a very few of the MT whiners had your ability in affecting political issues instead of just whining here on the Fire as the world passes by them.

And Testor won't win again. wink
I think the tribes should do what they feel best for their lands and reservation. If that means expanding their bison herds, they should. The wind river reservation is looking to expand bison herds there.

Why should the Federal Goverment be spending money to increase tribal buffalo herds?

The same reason they spend money subsidizing ranchers and farmers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lol

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
when i first read the subject of this thread I saw restore biden to grasslands because in the back of my mind, i guess, he is overdue to be put out to pasture.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
lol

I'll trust these guys...

Wait, I live here now!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why should the Federal Goverment be spending money to increase tribal buffalo herds?

The tribes don't pay taxes so what is your reason for giving them tax money to play buffalo farmer?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Buzzy,

What is your preferred end state with this deal?

Expain it like you're dealing with a slow 5 year old.

Or don't, but you seem to have a advocacy position here and I don't get where you want it to finish or what is the preferred end state.

I do wish a very few of the MT whiners had your ability in affecting political issues instead of just whining here on the Fire as the world passes by them.

And Testor won't win again. wink
I think the tribes should do what they feel best for their lands and reservation. If that means expanding their bison herds, they should. The wind river reservation is looking to expand bison herds there.

So the 'plan' is we get to eat the buffalo?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

The tribes don't pay taxes so what is your reason for giving them tax money to play buffalo farmer?

Call Barrasso and Lummis...I'm sure they'll be all over picking a fight with the tribes.

They also probably approved the spending, you know, that's their job and all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I give great credit to Burns for this question, thank you John.

GOA
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The irony is that BHA doesn't pay taxes either but are the first one with their hands out to grift the tax payers like ranchers and farmers.

At least farmers and ranchers do a lot every year for wildlife conservation and aren't actively involved in getting hunting seasons shut down and firearms banned like BHA. lmao

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are the buffalos considered livestock?
Are they going to end up in slaughter houses.
Or are they going to be treated as a protected species?

I think we all know the answer. Federal protection of animals Is the easiest way for greenies in conjunction with the government to take rights, water and land away from farmers and ranchers.

As someone who is always dealing with senior water rights being threatened and the .gov trying to revoke suposed irrevocable rights, I know the game too well.
When that's the game, it's real science be damned. They'll make the science up as they go to support their agenda.

I suggest you Ranchers form a coalition and start fighting ASAP if that is what you really believe is happening.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
LOL and BHA isn't a well funded anti gun organization. Keep lying Buzzy

Originally Posted by Westman
Originally Posted by Westman

Richard Berman hit piece, old news and he's been discredited time and time again.

Same guy that lobbies for Philip Morris tobacco to allow smoking in restaurants, etc.

Interestingly enough, his Center for Organizational Research and Education is a 501 c3.

Richard Berman and Will Coggin definitely appeal to the low information, low IQ people.

BTW, they need a new editor, Jon Tester did not run against "Danny" Rehberg...

Next...

Are you saying that there isn't any truth to any of what that piece says?

The funding sources are accurate, that information is no secret, they pulled those right from the IRS required financials. What's the problem?

Are you denying the work WYBHA has and is doing in Wyoming for habitat, wildlife, public access, hunting, fishing, and trapping?

The problem is in the old adage of "follow the money". Those organizations that have donated money expect something in return, no? They are not generally known as being very hunter friendly, are they?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Willing seller willing buyer is a complete canard by APR. Keep in mind APR is supported by the billionaire class, knowns include Jacqueline Mars of the Mars candy fortune. Also, the Haubs, Germans, they owned a big grocery chain in pre-Nazi Germany, took a big hit during the war, sent a son to AMERICA postwar to run A and P. Yep, they are pretty rich....but like Germans they really luff der cowboyes. Or the cowboy old west mythologies.
APR therefore, doesn't need to make money, as along as the rich donors keep cutting fat checks. So right there they can outbid a for-profit rancher or even a humble trophy-ranch buyer -- and guess what else? As a corporation, they're IMMORTAL. Inheritance issues don't exist for them. Board members die and are replaced by some other checkbook.
Further, there IS a ranch that was bought on the sly by APR, they fronted an LLC in Billings two days before the sale closed, and that corporation still sits on APR's books. The rancher who sold it is a friend of mine, the kind of rancher who is really good to have in your orbit.
That Ken Burns prize? APR has to PAY Burns north of a half-million each year for the "prize" naming rights in order to attract the New York City money set to the prestigious awards dinner. And Burns is a hero to what demographic?
There's lots more, you kids still sitting on the fence really need to look at this link --- yep, I wrote it, and APR hasn't sued. They can't, it's all public records.
http://rangemagazine.com/features/fall-19/fa19-range-sr-critical_mass.pdf

Finally, the 25 million? That's Deb Haaland getting cash to the tribes, it's pure PC pork, while I don't have a problem with tribes getting bison and managing for both culture and profit, turns out Glacier Park is now making noise that they are receptive to Blackfeet bison on the east side of Glacier. Given the failures of Yellowstone to manage buffalo there, that's not good news. YNP utterly failed to control brucellosis, let it run riot, which is insane given that the disease came over from Crimea about the time of the big war there in the 1850s. In reality, bangs is an EXOTIC, Non Native disease and it was SO close to being totally eliminated from all of North America, including Mexico, in the early 1960s when "natural management" became the groove at the Park Service. It could have been dealt with by test and cull very easily back then, but no, now brucellosis is a political weapon being aimed at those darn ranchers in the "Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem." Somehow I think if these tribal herds get infected and thereby infect elk (documented) and the spread starts, the same class of eco-freak that has protested bison hunting outside Yellowstone will be chaining themselves to whatever object to "protect the planet," all to slobbering coverage by idiot media, helped by propagandist yobs like Buzzard.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Department of the Interior will rely on Indigenous Knowledge

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, expand herds on the Reservation. They currently have 20k bison in 65 herds combined on all reservations.
So it's about 308 per rez?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Go on BHA's social media and read all of the comments by BHA members wanting ranches to be shut down in western states. They are openly hostile to the ranching culture. Its no secret

Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Willing seller willing buyer is a complete canard by APR. Keep in mind APR is supported by the billionaire class, knowns include Jacqueline Mars of the Mars candy fortune. Also, the Haubs, Germans, they owned a big grocery chain in pre-Nazi Germany, took a big hit during the war, sent a son to AMERICA postwar to run A and P. Yep, they are pretty rich....but like Germans they really luff der cowboyes. Or the cowboy old west mythologies.
APR therefore, doesn't need to make money, as along as the rich donors keep cutting fat checks. So right there they can outbid a for-profit rancher or even a humble trophy-ranch buyer -- and guess what else? As a corporation, they're IMMORTAL. Inheritance issues don't exist for them. Board members die and are replaced by some other checkbook.
Further, there IS a ranch that was bought on the sly by APR, they fronted an LLC in Billings two days before the sale closed, and that corporation still sits on APR's books. The rancher who sold it is a friend of mine, the kind of rancher who is really good to have in your orbit.
That Ken Burns prize? APR has to PAY Burns north of a half-million each year for the "prize" naming rights in order to attract the New York City money set to the prestigious awards dinner. And Burns is a hero to what demographic?
There's lots more, you kids still sitting on the fence really need to look at this link --- yep, I wrote it, and APR hasn't sued. They can't, it's all public records.
http://rangemagazine.com/features/fall-19/fa19-range-sr-critical_mass.pdf

Finally, the 25 million? That's Deb Haaland getting cash to the tribes, it's pure PC pork, while I don't have a problem with tribes getting bison and managing for both culture and profit, turns out Glacier Park is now making noise that they are receptive to Blackfeet bison on the east side of Glacier. Given the failures of Yellowstone to manage buffalo there, that's not good news. YNP utterly failed to control brucellosis, let it run riot, which is insane given that the disease came over from Crimea about the time of the big war there in the 1850s. In reality, bangs is an EXOTIC, Non Native disease and it was SO close to being totally eliminated from all of North America, including Mexico, in the early 1960s when "natural management" became the groove at the Park Service. It could have been dealt with by test and cull very easily back then, but no, now brucellosis is a political weapon being aimed at those darn ranchers in the "Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem." Somehow I think if these tribal herds get infected and thereby infect elk (documented) and the spread starts, the same class of eco-freak that has protested bison hunting outside Yellowstone will be chaining themselves to whatever object to "protect the planet," all to slobbering coverage by idiot media, helped by propagandist yobs like Buzzard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Call Barrasso and Lummis...I'm sure they'll be all over picking a fight with the tribes.

They also probably approved the spending, you know, that's their job and all.

Barrasso and Lummis voted against the climate bill which is where the money for tribal buffalo was appropriated.

Why would you tell us that it's the job of Wyoming Senators to approve spending for tribal buffalo?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buzz is the enemy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
YNP utterly failed to control brucellosis, let it run riot, which is insane given that the disease came over from Crimea about the time of the big war there in the 1850s. In reality, bangs is an EXOTIC, Non Native disease and it was SO close to being totally eliminated from all of North America, including Mexico, in the early 1960s when "natural management" became the groove at the Park Service. It could have been dealt with by test and cull very easily back then, but no, now brucellosis is a political weapon being aimed at those darn ranchers in the "Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem." Somehow I think if these tribal herds get infected and thereby infect elk (documented) and the spread starts, the same class of eco-freak that has protested bison hunting outside Yellowstone will be chaining themselves to whatever object to "protect the planet," all to slobbering coverage by idiot media, helped by propagandist yobs like Buzzard.
Brucellosis could basically shut down the cattle industry in a state except for shipping directly to slaughter and even that could possibly be stopped. Might only take an executive order from President Newsome on the advice of his secretary of the USDA. Montana classifies bison as cattle, seems they could force the owners of bison into a brucellosis eradication program the same as my state of Louisiana did with cattle including the few bison in the state. All cattle were tested and the positives were turned into meat.

Last edited by Hastings; 03/08/23.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 21 of 50 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 49 50

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (320090T, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 24 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,946
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.