Hop To
Page 29 of 50 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 49 50
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Such a self righteous fool.

And I know you are trolling and I should keep quiet but Christ almighty are you ever the never ending worthless bitch.

Skol

MAGA
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
She is the enemy.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
She is the enemy.

100%

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BuzzH
It is a great vision...and AP is making it reality.

I dunno if it includes hunting in the long term, I don’t see any photos like yours on their web page.

AP: An organization, very well-funded by unknown out-of-state and foreign entities, employing a stereotypically Left-wing Progressive staff, systematically buying up private property, proposing to create large contiguous holdings larger than Yellowstone NP, over which the rest of us will have even less say than we do the management of state and federal holdings.

Said organization proposing to increase predator populations amid a state where ranching is a major livelihood as well as increasing buffalo populations which will require major long-term alterations of untold miles of existing fences.

Some take action, some whine on 24...sent AP another check yesterday.

Well, like I said, you yourself ain’t winning ‘em any friends, so thanks for that.

Do you have some sort of professional connect to BHA (??) or some such? Rather than making donations it could be about like moving money around.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buzz is a watermelon. Green out the outside, pinko on the inside, with little black seeds of hatred scattered throughout.

Tracy was Earth First's spokescreature during EF's most-radical era, as in bombings, arsons, power line "ecotage" -- but, she never directly did anything. Her talent is message discipline. And her husband, Dick Manning? The guy was a reporter for the Missoulian, so biased against forestry that he got fired. That "rewildling" book is just a fancier, more-developed version of EF's goal of back to the Pleistocene. Same crazy stuff, just better literacy. After being scared by the idea of a felony rap, Tracy cleaned up her act, but her heart never ever changed. In a way, I admire her for what is an AMAZING job of self-control in public life. She has NEVER strayed significantly, kept disciplined, but at her core, she's a zealot with a mission.

The 25 million is chump change. But it's very important to understand endangered/threatened species politics and strategy. If the favored species is PRESENT, that's a whole different ball of wax than if not on the ground. Prime example is the Yellowstone wolves and the failed promise of pack numbers as a trigger for state management and delisting. The MOST IMPORTANT thing was to get the wolves into the system, no matter the lies needed to be told. Which were lies from day one. So the objective here is to get bison seeded ON THE GROUND and then the narrative shifts to the "surrounding ecosystem" where "there are no straight lines or fences in Nature." Capitalize Nature while you're at it, because Nature is your Mother.

How else to explain the friendly parkies winking and nodding at the Blackfeet herd just next door, actually in sight of Glacier National Park? If the buffs are right there, and trample the fence, oh, that's not so bad, is it? They're just filling their niche in the CrownofTheContinentEcosystemYellowstonetoYukon....

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Shoot them

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I dunno if it includes hunting in the long term, I don’t see any photos like yours on their web page.

AP: An organization, very well-funded by unknown out-of-state and foreign entities, employing a stereotypically Left-wing Progressive staff, systematically buying up private property, proposing to create large contiguous holdings larger than Yellowstone NP, over which the rest of us will have even less say than we do the management of state and federal holdings.

Said organization proposing to increase predator populations amid a state where ranching is a major livelihood as well as increasing buffalo populations which will require major long-term alterations of untold miles of existing fences.

Well, like I said, you yourself ain’t winning ‘em any friends, so thanks for that.

Do you have some sort of professional connect to BHA (??) or some such? Rather than making donations it could be about like moving money around.

Of course they're going to continue to allow access and hunting. I've talked with several of their staff members and they absolutely are pro hunting. Fair to note AP also allows people to hunt their bison on a limited basis, pretty pro hunting for a group of Left-Wingers, wouldnt you agree?

IMO/E, having a largescale prairie ecosystem is a very good idea. We have large scale forest ecosystems intact, but not so with prairie habitats.

I can also tell you from first hand experience working with and around bison, the fencing requirements are not much different than those required for cattle. With an area the size AP is going to manage, the bison escaping will not be a problem. The Snowcrest, Redrock, and D are all much smaller and the bison escaping on those ranches is a non-issue.

As far as having control, well welcome to the world of private property rights. AP should have control of their private holdings, no different than any other private landowner. If you don't like that very American idea, then I suggest you have a couple/few options:

1. Ask the State of Montana to purchase those ranches when they come up for sale so that Montana Residents have a say.
2. Ask the Federal Government to purchase those ranches when they come up for sale so all US Citizens have a say.
3. Purchase them yourself and/or start a group of your liking to purchase them.

I'm more than happy with the goals of AP, how they go about acquiring the properties, the way they allow access, their land management practices, the way they allow hunting, the way they allow you to cross their property to formerly landlocked public lands. I also prefer bison on the landscape over cattle for a variety of very good reasons.

That's why I will continue to support AP financially. I like what they're doing, like their vision, and like their management practices.

Last edited by BuzzH; 03/09/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I also prefer bison on the landscape over cattle for a variety of very good reasons.

Interesting. Why?

GOA
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Of course they're going to continue to allow access and hunting. I've talked with several of their staff members and they absolutely are pro hunting. Fair to note AP also allows people to hunt their bison on a limited basis, pretty pro hunting for a group of Left-Wingers, wouldnt you agree?

IMO/E, having a largescale prairie ecosystem is a very good idea. We have large scale forest ecosystems intact, but not so with prairie habitats.

I can also tell you from first hand experience working with and around bison, the fencing requirements are not much different than those required for cattle. With an area the size AP is going to manage, the bison escaping will not be a problem. The Snowcrest, Redrock, and D are all much smaller and the bison escaping on those ranches is a non-issue.

As far as having control, well welcome to the world of private property rights. AP should have control of their private holdings, no different than any other private landowner. If you don't like that very American idea, then I suggest you have a couple/few options:

1. Ask the State of Montana to purchase those ranches when they come up for sale so that Montana Residents have a say.
2. Ask the Federal Government to purchase those ranches when they come up for sale so all US Citizens have a say.

I'm more than happy with the goals of AP, how they go about acquiring the properties, the way they allow access, their land management practices, the way they allow hunting, the way they allow you to cross their property to formerly landlocked public lands. I also prefer bison on the landscape over cattle for a variety of very good reasons.

That's why I will continue to support AP financially. I like what they're doing, like their vision, and like their management practices.

And his middle name is gullible!

Because Bill Gates, and Ted Turner, and all the rest of the owners of huge private holdings just open them up for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to tramp all over and kill "their privately fenced off game". Now maybe, if you can afford $5000/day trespass fees. And for huge trophy fees, they will hold your hand and have a biologist" point you to a critter you are allowed to shoot.

I guess, some folks call that hunting???????

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
I also prefer bison on the landscape over cattle for a variety of very good reasons.

Interesting. Why?

Because he is an idiot who thinks a bison fills a different biological niche than a cow does. And mistakenly thinks bison are less biologically damaging than are cows.

Oh, if bison are so easy to contain, then why don't they keep 'em inside Yellowstone, instead of the critters wondering out where people shoot them?

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

And his middle name is gullible!

Because Bill Gates, and Ted Turner, and all the rest of the owners of huge private holdings just open them up for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to tramp all over and kill "their privately fenced off game". Now maybe, if you can afford $5000/day trespass fees. And for huge trophy fees, they will hold your hand and have a biologist" point you to a critter you are allowed to shoot.

I guess, some folks call that hunting???????

First off, Turner does allow public hunting on the Ranches I worked on. Youth hunters from Sheridan, Alder, Dillon, etc. killed some very nice whitetail bucks on the Snowcrest when I worked there. The D allowed public cow hunters as well, think they choose not to now.

That said, precisely why I prefer that AP buy those ranches, because they do allow every Tom, Dick, and Harry to hunt their ranches. Folks like Turner, Kroenke, Nicolas, Gordy, etc. etc. they are much more selective over who they allow.

I already showed you pictures of elk and mule deer myself and family have killed on AP property, free of charge. Would you prefer these lands are purchased by Malone, Turner, Kroenke and other owners that allow no public access?

You're out in the weeds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The locals are all for it, must be awesome.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Interesting. Why?

Because he is an idiot who thinks a bison fills a different biological niche than a cow does. And mistakenly thinks bison are less biologically damaging than are cows.

Oh, if bison are so easy to contain, then why don't they keep 'em inside Yellowstone, instead of the critters wondering out where people shoot them?

Again, you're talking out of your ass...but nothing new there.

First off, bison are a better source of food than cattle, wayyyy lower fat, lower cholesterol, and also not pumped full of antibiotics, steroids, finished with corn in a feed lot, higher percentage yield of meat than cattle, etc. etc. etc. Tons of research out there to prove all that.

They also use the landscape much differently, move across and graze across the landscape differently, tend to be an upland grazer versus parking their ass in the nearest Riparian area. Do way less damage to stream banks and riparian habitats as well.

From a management standpoint, way easier to take care of than cattle. No reason to babysit them during calving season, they aren't nearly as susceptible to predation as cattle, no reason to chop out creeks in the winter for them to water, etc.

Very low maintenance animals, they take care of themselves. Ask anyone that's dealt with both...bison are not a PITA like cattle.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Backroads
The locals are all for it, must be awesome.

A majority are, the minority are just frustrated they can't do anything to "save the cowboy"...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Liar.

The thing about telling lies is that you lose any future and all past credibility with the first lie.

Of course we already knew your pig eyed, wormy little face was full of chit to begin with so it doesn't matter.

And that's why I won't argue with you for one second.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Liar.

The thing about telling lies is that you lose any future and all past credibility with the first lie.

Of course we already knew your pig eyed, wormy little face was full of chit to begin with.

You need to talk to more people, other than the next bar stool over.

You live in a fishbowl.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Interesting. Why?

First off, bison are a better source of food than cattle, wayyyy lower fat, lower cholesterol, and also not pumped full of antibiotics, steroids, finished with corn in a feed lot, higher percentage yield of meat than cattle, etc. etc. etc. Tons of research out there to prove all that.

They also use the landscape much differently, move across and graze across the landscape differently, tend to be an upland grazer versus parking their ass in the nearest Riparian area. Do way less damage to stream banks and riparian habitats as well.

From a management standpoint, way easier to take care of than cattle. No reason to babysit them during calving season, they aren't nearly as susceptible to predation as cattle, no reason to chop out creeks in the winter for them to water, etc.

Very low maintenance animals, they take care of themselves. Ask anyone that's dealt with both...bison are not a PITA like cattle.

So, you think we canb feed the world on free range bison instead of commercial beef. I suppose we can, or at least the part of the world which can afford to purchase $30/lb burger. I suppose us regular folks can just eat processed worms, or that schitt meat they are culturing in the lab.

Well, by your definition, I am an expert. I have dealt with both. Cows are a hell of a lot easier to deal with. Never heard yet of a rancher afraid to walk out and irrigate a pasture full of cows. Never yet heard of one that felt it was safe to walk out through a herd of bison.

Really, how many grass fed longhorns have you raised, or eaten?

How many bison have you been in a corral with?

How much time have you spent on the range working on fences to keep cattle out of sensitive areas?

How much time have you spent in a saddle managing a herd of cows on the range?

How do you figure to keep bison out of riparian areas? Oh that's right. It will all be private ground. You won't have to keep the bison from tearing up the streambeds, or stop them from schitting in the creeks.

Every word you type on this thread magnifies the intensity of your idiocy. But yes, you have all the liberal talking points down pat. I bet you have even invested in the high rise towers they are going to house all the people in after they get us moved off of our country properties.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Just to educate Mr Buzz.

Let's talk efficiency first: !2 lb of feed to produce one pound of bison meat. vs 6 lb of feed to produce one pound of beef.

Age to butcher: of beef is 12 to 22 months. Of bison: The neighbor typically slaughters at 36 to 42 months. A two year old bison is a very small animal.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Interesting. Why?

So, you think we canb feed the world on free range bison instead of commercial beef. I suppose we can, or at least the part of the world which can afford to purchase $30/lb burger. I suppose us regular folks can just eat processed worms, or that schitt meat they are culturing in the lab.

Well, by your definition, I am an expert. I have dealt with both. Cows are a hell of a lot easier to deal with. Never heard yet of a rancher afraid to walk out and irrigate a pasture full of cows. Never yet heard of one that felt it was safe to walk out through a herd of bison.

Really, how many grass fed longhorns have you raised, or eaten?

How many bison have you been in a corral with?

How much time have you spent on the range working on fences to keep cattle out of sensitive areas?

How much time have you spent in a saddle managing a herd of cows on the range?

How do you figure to keep bison out of riparian areas? Oh that's right. It will all be private ground. You won't have to keep the bison from tearing up the streambeds, or stop them from schitting in the creeks.

Every word you type on this thread magnifies the intensity of your idiocy. But yes, you have all the liberal talking points down pat. I bet you have even invested in the high rise towers they are going to house all the people in after they get us moved off of our country properties.

You very obviously have spent ZERO time around bison, and know ZERO about them. More than apparent if you're "keeping them from tearing up streambeds and [bleep] in the creeks".

Stick to pampering cattle, that sounds about like all you can muster.

"Us regular folk" around here eat elk, deer, moose, pronghorn, wild sheep, etc...you know, what hunters eat. I don't buy beef, but it must be somewhat embarrassing having to buy beef while calling yourself a hunter?

There is a market for bison and its expanding...I think that's great.

Since 97%+ of cattle are raised on private land, and as a private land advocate myself, raise what you want on your land. I prefer wild ungulates on MY PUBLIC land's though, but cattle grazing done right, is an appropriate multiple use of public land as well.

I think people should have choices in the food they choose to eat...I prefer moose, elk, and pronghorn. If others prefer bison over cattle, that's great.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
You very obviously have spent ZERO time around bison, and know ZERO about them. More than apparent if you're "keeping them from tearing up streambeds and [bleep] in the creeks".

Stick to pampering cattle, that sounds about like all you can muster.

"Us regular folk" around here eat elk, deer, moose, pronghorn, wild sheep, etc...you know, what hunters eat. I don't buy beef, but it must be somewhat embarrassing having to buy beef while calling yourself a hunter?

There is a market for bison and its expanding...I think that's great.

Since 97%+ of cattle are raised on private land, and as a private land advocate myself, raise what you want on your land. I prefer wild ungulates on MY PUBLIC land's though, but cattle grazing done right, is an appropriate multiple use of public land as well.

I think people should have choices in the food they choose to eat...I prefer moose, elk, and pronghorn. If others prefer bison over cattle, that's great.

LOL, So you are making the claim that a bison does not stand in cool water under a brush canopy of a creek when summer temps hit 100 degree plus? Nor do they wander around in riparian areas to find water. And how do they maintain access to water during the frozen winter? Do you think they just quit using water? Or are they stomping up a creek trying to keep the ice broke?

Nor do they schitt the same cow pies a cow does when grazing young tender spring grass? And they are house trained, so they don't drop em in the creek?

Yeah sure! Maybe in your very vivid imagination.

And yes, tell us just exactly what you have invested per pound "as a regular folk" for that game meat you brag about. Include airfare, gas bills, packer fees, guide bills, out of state tags, hotel bills, and mileage.

Page 29 of 50 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 49 50

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 913 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,917
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.