Hop To
Page 31 of 50 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 49 50
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Buzz, serious question - if Pres. Trump wins next year and delists wolves across America and mandates that national parks, ALL of them especially Yellowstone, open up to public hunting, would you support that??

He had 4 years to open Yellowstone to hunting and delist wolves...what happened?

BTW, that's about the dumbest question I've ever heard.

a big congrats to BHA getting gun ban legislation in Oregon, Washington and Michigan

Not one cent spent by BHA to stop the bear hunting ban in Washington state

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
more BHA funded gun bans

https://giffords.org/blog/2021/10/gabby-giffords-qa-with-ryan-busse/

how many millions has a BHA been paid by the anti gun lobby buzzy?

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Of course they're going to continue to allow access and hunting.

Who exactly is “they”? It ain’t their ‘I have a degree in journalism with a minor in environmental activism’ staff members. You have persistently refused to address the issue of where their funding comes from.

And “they” could stop any hunting or access at whim, like you’ve been saying; property rights of course.

IMO/E, having a largescale prairie ecosystem is a very good idea. We have large scale forest ecosystems intact, but not so with prairie habitats.

So why don’t they buy up properties and then just donate them to the State of Montana?

As far as having control, well welcome to the world of private property rights. AP should have control of their private holdings, no different than any other private landowner. If you don't like that very American idea,.

Aye, there’s the rub. They are VERY different from “any other private landowner”.

But again, you yourself refuse to address the issue of exactly who they are and where their funding comes from.

"They" are AP and they are not going to shut down public access or hunting on AP property. They have continually expanded hunting and opened up hunting on properties formerly off limits to the public. I truly couldn't care less about where their funding comes from, some of it comes from me and my family. Lots of other MT hunters I know also contribute. I also don't care about their staff members, all I've talked to have lots of experience, lots of knowledge, and are very pro hunting.

Could they stop access at any time? They could, but nothing they have done thus far is giving me any indication they ever will. It beats having it locked up by people like Malone, Kroenke, Carlton's, Gordy, etc. etc. etc. that flat have never, and will never allow the public to access it.

There is NO way I would purchase and donate land to the State of Montana. The State is under a mandate to fund the state trust, not to do what's in the best interest of habitat, wildlife, public access. Their job it to raise revenue including selling off State lands. You need to realize, State land IS NOT public land. Montana has already sold off significant amounts of its lands they acquired at Statehood. AP has a different vision and different management plan where public hunting, public access, improving habitat, protecting migration corridors, etc. is THE TOP priority over raising revenue for the state trust. Nothing wrong with State lands being used in such a matter, but hunters, access, and wildlife are not the priority.

The one thing you're correct about is that they are very different from many private landowners. They aren't interested in developing their property, subdividing it, grazing it to dirt for profit, etc. etc.

That's their right to do with it as they see fit, and in this case its to prioritize habitat, wildlife, recreation (hunting, fishing, etc.), and public access. I share those same values and it makes nothing but complete sense as a public land hunter to support their efforts.

I can understand the confusion from a Texan who has to pay a private landowner to hunt...we don't have to do that here.

Last edited by ribka; 03/10/23.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by losttrail60
So why don’t they buy up properties and then just donate them to the State of Montana?

Even by fire standards that's a dumb fugging question.

hey caldumb

Why doesn't BHA do anything for hunters? Thedy have plenty of money to support left wing anti American, anti hunting nut jobs

Most prominent is BHA executive director Land Tawney, who ran the liberal political action committee (PAC) calling itself the “Montana Hunters and Anglers Leadership Fund” (MHA). In 2012, this pop-up PAC spent $1.1 million against Republican U.S. Senate candidate Danny Rehberg, who was challenging Democratic U.S. Sen. Jon Tester. The liberal MHA also spent $500,000 in support of the libertarian candidate as a strategy of drawing votes away from the Republican. MHA received several hundred thousand dollars from the League of Conservation Voters, a liberal environmentalist group. Tawney is also a member of the Montana Sportsmen for Obama Committee

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
"They" are AP and they are not going to shut down public access or hunting on AP property".

And you know this how? You are pretty good at predicting the future now....

Judging by the kind of people on staff and the board, I wouldn't have the same level of confidence in that that you do.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ribka

hey caldumb

Why doesn't BHA do anything for hunters? Thedy have plenty of money to support left wing anti American, anti hunting nut jobs

Most prominent is BHA executive director Land Tawney, who ran the liberal political action committee (PAC) calling itself the “Montana Hunters and Anglers Leadership Fund” (MHA). In 2012, this pop-up PAC spent $1.1 million against Republican U.S. Senate candidate Danny Rehberg, who was challenging Democratic U.S. Sen. Jon Tester. The liberal MHA also spent $500,000 in support of the libertarian candidate as a strategy of drawing votes away from the Republican. MHA received several hundred thousand dollars from the League of Conservation Voters, a liberal environmentalist group. Tawney is also a member of the Montana Sportsmen for Obama Committee

Who is "Danny Rehberg" Nobody named Danny ran against Jon Tester.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
BHA anti hunting scum at it again

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
How much did BHA executives make for lobbying for gun bans last year Buzzy?

hey caldumb

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Westman
"They" are AP and they are not going to shut down public access or hunting on AP property".

Judging by the kind of people on staff and the board, I wouldn't have the same level of confidence in that that you do.

Call and talk to them, you know, get the information first hand.

That's what I did.

I can tell you until AP bought Blue Ridge from Carlton's there was no public access or hunting allowed on it. Further, you couldn't access the East Side of Armstrong Coulee, Swede, and Blue Ridge without a boat either. AP created a parking spot and an access through there, that the public doesn't need to even ask permission to cross their property to reach all of it.

If you have an elk or bighorn tag in there, that's a very big deal.

But, again, you don't know that sitting behind a computer in IL...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

That's what I did.

I can tell you until AP bought Blue Ridge from Carlton's there was no public access or hunting allowed on it. Further, you couldn't access the East Side of Armstrong Coulee, Swede, and Blue Ridge without a boat either. AP created a parking spot and an access through there, that the public doesn't need to even ask permission to cross their property to reach all of it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

That's what I did.

That's what I did.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
so who is this gun ban kahunt Busse? Does he represent BHA?

https://giffords.org/blog/2021/10/gabby-giffords-qa-with-ryan-busse/

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
buzzy how much money did BHA donate to go to court to fight the bear hunting ban in Washington state?

The cat hunting ban in California and the trapping ban in NM?

BHA is no friend to sportsmen

That's what I did.

That's what I did.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
buzzy how much money did BHA donate to go to court to fight the bear hunting ban in Washington state?

That's what I did.

That's what I did.

Dummy...

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/wa_bha_s_response_to_spring_bear_vote

https://www.themeateater.com/conser...hunters-reclaim-their-spring-bear-season

Dummy...

California lion hunting ban happened in 1990, 14 years before BHA existed.

Oh, and look at that...the Gipper was an anti-hunter, not surprised since he was also anti-gun and pro gun control.

Voters approved Proposition 117 in 1990, to codify a long-standing moratorium on lion hunting that had first been imposed by then Gov. Ronald Reagan in 1972.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just so I understand-

BHA hates gun owing sportsmen and wants to seize all of their rifles and shotguns but I should support the clown world of BHA?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just so I understand-

BHA hates gun owing sportsmen and wants to seize all of their rifles and shotguns but I should support the clown world of BHA?

Dummy...

Dummy...

Oh, and look at that...the Gipper was an anti-hunter, not surprised since he was also anti-gun and pro gun control.

Voters approved Proposition 117 in 1990, to codify a long-standing moratorium on lion hunting that had first been imposed by then Gov. Ronald Reagan in 1972.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So how much money has BHA donated to fight the bear hunting ban in Washington state and the lion hunting ban in California?

That's what I did.

That's what I did.

Dummy...

Dummy...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
buzzy -how much money did BHA executives earn lobbying for gun bans in 2019 through 2023?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
buzzy can you show me the link to the cost cases filed by BHA to fight banned hunting seasons? lol

what a joke

hey caldumb

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So how much money has BHA donated to fight the bear hunting ban in Washington state and the lion hunting ban in California?

That's what I did.

That's what I did.

Dummy...

Dummy...

Dummy...

Dummy...

Last edited by BuzzH; 03/10/23.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

That's what I did.

That's what I did.

Dummy...

Dummy...

Dummy...

Dummy...

Page 31 of 50 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 49 50

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 921 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,919
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.