Print Thread
Hop To
Page 41 of 50 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 49 50
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shootAI
Buzz what APR property has a sign in box that is a type 1 BMA? The few I have first hand experience with have sign in boxes and BMA sign in slips but are clearly marked and regulated as a type 2 BMA needing prior permission/reservation to be legally accessing it. You can’t just sign and go hunt like type 1 BMA properties.

You need to get out more...obviously. FFS.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks Burns for a polite response. To my original post. Generally avoid most conversations but this one is a personal frustration as we have tried to follow the process with APR and FWP and have been denied access for years based on not being able to obtain a reservation during a valid season to access it. You can’t even kill coyotes or prairie dogs on their land.

Some BLM land within are 410 are somehow
Enrolled in the BMA program. Look at land enrolled via chain buttes grazing association or swinging H grazing association BMA’s.

Last edited by shootAI; 03/10/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So Buzz you can’t tell me the name of the APR BMA property where an individual can just sign in and hunt without it reservation?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Let me know how the government and the tribes work out bison with disease and cattlemen. Should be interesting

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
If a BLM parcel is land locked by private and that private is in block management then the access to the BLM is under the block management rules.

That would seem to be the way it would work but as we can see I am far from a MT Block Mag expert.

We are waiting for Buzzy to clear up how he obtained such nice access to the AP block management when locals say it's next to impossible.

Buzzy?

Filled out a permission slip at one of the sign in boxes on the property...holy [bleep], it's rocket science.

Does everyone who fills out the slip gain the same access you enjoyed?

Is there a draw or lottery or other selection process for those allowed access?

Help us out here Buzzy.

Some would like the hunt that AP property.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So Buzz you can’t tell me the name of the APR BMA property where an individual can just sign in and hunt without it reservation?

North side of the river...figure it out. No I'm not posting it on this site. I don't need to be picking up beer cans, whiskey bottles, and little Debbie wrappers when I hunt there next.

Last edited by BuzzH; 03/10/23.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

North side of the river...figure it out.

So more lies.

Yer mouth outruns your intellect there Buzzie.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

So more lies.

🤡...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If a BLM parcel is land locked by private and that private is in block management then the access to the BLM is under the block management rules.

That would seem to be the way it would work but as we can see I am far from a MT Block Mag expert.

We are waiting for Buzzy to clear up how he obtained such nice access to the AP block management when locals say it's next to impossible.

Buzzy?

Filled out a permission slip at one of the sign in boxes on the property...holy [bleep], it's rocket science.

Help us out here Buzzy.

Yes...you sign in every day

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

So more lies.

🤡...

North of the river eh?

How about them leases Buzzie?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

North side of the river...figure it out. No I'm not posting it on this site. I don't need to be picking up beer cans, whiskey bottles, and little Debbie wrappers when I hunt there next.

so as a BHA rep you refuse to help tax paying sportsmen access federal public land?

Wow you really are a lying ka hunt

thanks buzz for showing your true colors. Not surprised you helped Ted Turner fence off elk deer and antelope herds from public land in Montana when you worked for him

Last edited by ribka; 03/10/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I will admit I have no experience with north side APR properties but all of the property south of the river (410/700) are type 2 and can’t be accessed by the general public by showing up and filling out BMA slip and then hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You see...you need a writing utensil, and fill out this permission slip...name, address, license plate number.

John, it's about like the HMA program. The type 1 BM, is sign in...essentially like our unlimited permission slips for an HMA. Type 2 is like the HMAs that are on a draw, or first come first serve.

These idiots haven't hunted AP...obviously. of course they all probably will now that I got the crayons out to explain it

Mouth breathers...

So there is a type 1 which simply requires sign in and a type 2 that is draw or first come first serve.

What's is the breakdown on the AP between type 1 and type 2?

On the type 2 who determines the draw and first come?

The animals you and your family have taken on the AP were from which type of block managment?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Burns. On their type 2 first come first serve you call a call center which hosted by the APR or sub contractor of theirs not FWP like most of the other type properties. So the call center based out of California decides who is first come and grants access. When we have called they say they have no available opening to access the property inquired. Never once has there been an opening meaning somebody else came first. But yet there is nobody at parking areas indicating someone using the property. And I am not saying this based on a few calls. Daily calls for years and out daily checking cows and first hand eye witness of property usage.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Burns if you subscribe to OnX maps for Montana you can check their type by searching landowner American prairie reserve and then checking each BMA property. When the new BMA book comes out for 2023 I would be happy to mail one to you and you can see the breakdown for yourself. I can only speak of their land south of the river and it’s all type 2 in our area. 100% type 2 as of 2022 BMA regulations.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Burns. On their type 2 first come first serve you call a call center which hosted by the APR or sub contractor of theirs not FWP like most of the other type properties. So the call center based out of California decides who is first come and grants access. When we have called they say they have no available opening to access the property inquired. Never once has there been an opening meaning somebody else came first. But yet there is nobody at parking areas indicating someone using the property. And I am not saying this based on a few calls. Daily calls for years and out daily checking cows and first hand eye witness of property usage.

I had the same experience trying to sharpttail hunt on their lands last fall

Its a scam and only insiders and their friends get access like Buzz and tax payers like you and I are paying for this and get screwed

Last edited by ribka; 03/10/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They recently purchased the 73 ranch land along the mussleshell between 410 and 700. Now 73 ranch when owned privately was not open to the public either it also
Didn’t pretend to allow access to the general public like the APR does. Imagine the opposition they would face if they came out as stopping public access for hunting. So instead they enrolled in a way they control and limit access yet appear to be supportive to the BMA program and general hunting public.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I do not post this out of jealousy either. I am so fortunate to have access to some of the best private land in the area we are describing. Access is not my problem. it’s them misleading the general public about their support of hunting. I will only get a few tags in my lifetime No
Matter what land we own or have access too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sorry my writing skills and paragraph skills suck on a smartphone. I hope most get the gist of what I am trying to say and are not focusing on how it looks once I hit post.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So Buzz whey do you call California to hunt on public land in Montana? And why cant you get access to public land in Montana?

Will BHA address this effort to shut off public lands from sportsmen?

Where is Land Tawney your friend on this effort to shut down public access to public land in Montana?

Buzzy?

Help us out here Buzzy.

Yes...you sign in every day

Page 41 of 50 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 49 50

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

215 members (320090T, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 22 invisible), 1,231 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,942
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.