Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 108 1 2 3 107 108
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Do y’all think that Jesus meant for it to be a ‘way of life’ or just another system of faith and worship (a religion).

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
My question would be what exactly did Christianity bring to the table that wasn't already there?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the Way.
the Truth.
the Life.

said it His own self ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Salvation I’m Thik’n …

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by fish30ought6
the Way.
the Truth.
the Life.

said it His own self ...

This!

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by antlers
Do y’all think that Jesus meant for it to be a ‘way of life’ or just another system of faith and worship (a religion).

I think that Jesus was trying to get the Jewish religion back to its roots. In those days the Jewish religion WAS a way of life. I don't think Jesus had any intention of starting a new religion.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Way of life, Man struggles to keep rules and regulations AKA religion. Jesus came to bring life and freedom in personal relationship with him.

1st John 4:7-8
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It’s all about living your religion. You’re obligated to follow the ten simple commandments that seem to be so hard to honor.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rainshot
It’s all about living your religion. You’re obligated to follow the ten simple commandments that seem to be so hard to honor.

Wasn't that a Jewish thing?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

I think that Jesus was trying to get the Jewish religion back to its roots. In those days the Jewish religion WAS a way of life. I don't think Jesus had any intention of starting a new religion.
He came to bring a new covenant to the Jews. He also came to save the gentiles, past present, and future. He picked 12 men to spread the word to the Jews and later picked another man to spread it to the gentiles.
Christianity is a fulfilling of Judaism. It's not a 'new' religion but a completed one. The Jews rejected it, as was prophesied centuries earlier but the gentiles grabbed for it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

In Matthew 22:36-39 Jesus was asked what was the greatest commandment. He answered by saying:

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Committing yourself fully- heart, soul, mind - has to be a way of life.

Jesus had a lot to say about religiosity, and to the religious leaders of the day - the Pharisees. He called them white-washed tombs, clean on the outside but full of stench and decay on the inside. So for any of us that claim to be followers of Jesus some introspection is a good thing. Am I a white-washed tomb? Am I loving God with heart, soul, and mind?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Remington725

In Matthew 22:36-39 Jesus was asked what was the greatest commandment. He answered by saying:

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Committing yourself fully- heart, soul, mind - has to be a way of life.

Jesus had a lot to say about religiosity, and to the religious leaders of the day - the Pharisees. He called them white-washed tombs, clean on the outside but full of stench and decay on the inside. So for any of us that claim to be followers of Jesus some introspection is a good thing. Am I a white-washed tomb? Am I loving God with heart, soul, and mind?

Excellent post! Thank you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by andy57
Way of life, Man struggles to keep rules and regulations AKA religion. Jesus came to bring life and freedom in personal relationship with him.

And there are churches that want to take it back to the former.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus said that it's God's will that ALL men be saved. For that to be true, it's necessary for the word to be sent to every person who has ever lived, no matter when or where. Everyone, everywhere has to be given a chance. We aren't told how God reaches Amazon tribesmen or villagers in darkest Africa. We are told that God will issue a call for everyone who he knows will answer. How that call is made, we can only speculate. It's still the blood of Jesus that saves them, though, whether they know his name or not.

― George Orwell

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
It’s still about Salvation which leads to Everlasting Life .

So Dance around it if you Will..

Ba Dee Ba Dee ..

That’s All Folks ..

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

It is a way of life secondarily. It isn’t a system. All other religions and many denominations that are supposedly Christian make it a system.

Christianity is a reality. The reality isn’t arrived at through a system nor can it be. When people think of it as a “way” primarily they sink into a system approach, become legalist, whether liberal or conservative, and lose the reality that was revealed in the Garden, through the Law and Prophets through until the end of Revelation.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Ok ..

It’s a Lifestyle..

Geezz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im voting a way of life......where im severely lacking.....

Im a believer for sure.....i wish it showed more than it does......lve got a lot more i need to surrender .... and a lot more that i need to give.....believing is a start....ive been stuck in the start-up mode now for 58 years.

Wishing the best for you all

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's a way of life...because anything else leads to death.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My question would be what exactly did Christianity bring to the table that wasn't already there?
Charity and justice just to name 2 things.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 1 of 108 1 2 3 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (222Sako, 1_deuce, 2500HD, 257 mag, 1minute, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,562
Posts18,473,169
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.