Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 108 1 2 3 4 5 107 108
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Jesus said that it's God's will that ALL men be saved. For that to be true, it's necessary for the word to be sent to every person who has ever lived, no matter when or where. Everyone, everywhere has to be given a chance. We aren't told how God reaches Amazon tribesmen or villagers in darkest Africa. We are told that God will issue a call for everyone who he knows will answer. How that call is made, we can only speculate. It's still the blood of Jesus that saves them, though, whether they know his name or not.

Pard Chuck, The idea that God desires the salvation of all humanity and that the blood of Jesus is necessary for that salvation is a core belief of Christianity. However, the question of how God extends salvation to individuals who have never heard the Gospel message is a complex and contested issue within Christian theology.

Some theologians and religious leaders argue that God extends salvation to all individuals, regardless of their knowledge or acceptance of the Gospel message. This view is sometimes referred to as "inclusivism" and holds that individuals can be saved through the workings of God's grace, even if they have never had access to the Christian message.

Others, however, take a more exclusive view of salvation and argue that faith in Jesus Christ is necessary for salvation. This view is sometimes referred to as "exclusivism" and holds that those who have never heard the Gospel message will not be saved unless they explicitly accept Jesus as their savior.

Ultimately, the question of how God extends salvation to individuals who have never heard the Gospel is a matter of interpretation and personal belief. There is no clear consensus within the Christian tradition on this issue, and individuals may have differing views based on their understanding of scripture, tradition, and personal experience.

Christianity is very exclusive. If one takes the whole New Testament, they will eventually see in 2nd Thessalonians Apostle Paul teaches when Jesus returns He will deal out retribution to those who do not obey the gospel of Jesus Christ and do not know God.

Just because there are many people with different opinions, even if they all agree that doesn't make them right. The Pharisees and Sadusees agreed that Jesus was not good for their culture. But obviously history has shown they were wrong.

You mentioned Christianity was influenced by cultures. That is backwards. Christianity influences cultures. Folks who are influenced be things other than God's Word are not living a Christian life. Jesus taught you can not have two masters.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Those things didn't exist before?

Jesus brought women out of chattelhood to a position of respect rather than a position being owned.

Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Christianity is very exclusive...

But Jesus wasn't.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Jesus of The Bible is quite exclusive. Take a look at John 3:36 and the last chapter of Matthew and the last chapter of Mark. Don’t forget to check His sermon on the mount.

Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I know you want it to be so... but you really have to cherry pick and twist Jesus's word to claim it.

Kent

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Remington725
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

I like what Rem725 posted as it gives order to what Yeshua thought was important.

I think he meant for us to witness the possibility's of a life committed to Love/God and how to go about it , perhaps even knowing we'd more than likely fail?

Then thinking it has to start somewhere, baby steps first ...... in the way that someone with all the time in the universe would .

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by krp

But Jesus wasn't.

Kent

I like that.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
My question would be what exactly did Christianity bring to the table that wasn't already there?

Redemption of SIns, such as the retarded question you just asked.

Typical Christian response.

I agree with you Mr. Conrad. That is a typical response. There was redemption off sins under the old covenant through the sacrifices. Before that Abraham was justified by faith, according to the book of Romans.

What the message of Jesus brought that was different was unity with God. Jesus claiming sonship was what got him crucified. Jesus's message fulfilled is you are God's son too.

The jews did not believe in a unity with God?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by krp

But Jesus wasn't.

Kent

I like that.

I wonder what he would think of it today?

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by fish30ought6
the Way.
the Truth.
the Life.

said it His own self ...
Amen

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Christianity......here is how you do it....

Romans 10: 5-13

For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “ ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp

But Jesus wasn't.

Kent

Yet the conditions for salvation are given in the NT, which excludes those who do not meet the conditions, which means that salvation is conditional, so is not an expression of unconditional love, tolerance or mercy.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp

But Jesus wasn't.

Kent

Yet the conditions for salvation are given in the NT, which excludes those who do not meet the conditions, which means that salvation is conditional, so is not an expression of unconditional love, tolerance or mercy.

Agreed, Our salvation indeed is conditional. Both rewards and punishments shall be administered at the Judgment Seat of Christ, just as the Scriptures declare.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raspy
. Both rewards and punishments shall be administered at the Judgment Seat of Christ, just as the Scriptures declare.

A number of Catholics have told me that
their deceased loved ones are already in
heaven waiting for them...sounds like they
found a loophole that many are unaware of.

Originally Posted by Ringman
. Don’t forget to check His sermon on the mount.

Who recorded the alleged words of Jesus
on the mount?..it's a question of veracity.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
. Both rewards and punishments shall be administered at the Judgment Seat of Christ, just as the Scriptures declare.

Originally Posted by Starman
A number of Catholics have told me that
their deceased loved ones are already in
heaven waiting for them...sounds like they
found a loophole that many are unaware of.

Maybe...maybe not...do not know...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp

But Jesus wasn't.

Kent

Just some food for thought about the above statement from the limited mind and inferred logic of mankind: the fact that the act of salvation would be conditional does not mean that it would/could not be an expression of unconditional love, or tolerance, or mercy. No such elimination.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Homo Sapiens appeared 200,000 years before Jesus. Should we dismiss all souls from those civilizations as lost? He stated "I have come to fulfill the law, not change it." or words to that effect. Establishment Jews certainly hated Him for it. A lot of Jews barely hide their contempt and hostility to this day, but gladly accept Christian money and backing for Zionist causes of course. Christians are often obnoxiously arrogant and clannish as well as illogical and ignorant. Their God is too small to exist alongside, if not within science. This failing is particularly sad. It would be difficult to count all the dead from Christian Crusades and holy wars against fellow Christians. However, all things considered, Christianity has done more to ennoble and empower the individual person than any other religion or philosophy in human history. The idea that God became human and thus loved the human beings and freed them from Popes and Kings as well as their own temporal condition, bond or free was absolutely liberating. The belief that we are spiritual, unique, important and greater than our mortality was so revolutionary it drove Western Civilization to its highest accomplishments through cooperation and individual achievement. It's tragic to see its influence and ideals fade away.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp

But Jesus wasn't.

Kent

Just some food for thought about the above statement from the limited mind and inferred logic of mankind: the fact that the act of salvation would be conditional does not mean that it would/could not be an expression of unconditional love, or tolerance, or mercy. No such elimination.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's the stupidest thing I've seen you type, so far.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I don't remember GOD mentioning Christianity in the Bible.

I think Christians brought the world the Constitution and idea GOD created all with rights and liberties to all, and that it is Unchristian govts which block those rights and liberties HE intends for all of those created in HIS image to possess.

IOW, HE brought the world The United States of America, Jim Conrad. Not a small thing, that brought much goodness to all mankind.

Ex. Air conditioning, air travel, medicine, Refrigeration, ......

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/12/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I don't remember GOD mentioning Christianity in the Bible.

or a 'trinity'.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 3 of 108 1 2 3 4 5 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 65 invisible), 1,839 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,247
Posts18,525,074
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.