Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 108 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 107 108
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Paul used Greek Philosophy practically ad verbatim.

Yeah , some Xtian apologists defend such , claiming it was
accepted practice of the time.

Yet the writings of Pliny the Elder(23-79 AD) indicate
expressed disdain for Plagiarism.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raspy
He frequently uses the word triad in reference to God,

I am aware of Matthews regular use of triadic literary device , but no such actual word.

Angel comes to Joseph 3x
Wise men with 3x gifts
Jesus prayed 3x in Gethsemane
Peter denied Jesus 3x
3x temptations in the wilderness
3x petitions by canaanite woman
3x people on the cross.

So Baptising in the name of 3x is
just another...(and several more not mentioned).

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
Christianity is very exclusive.

No. It's not a college fraternity. It's available to anyone for the asking.

,.....even Starman.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
Christianity is very exclusive...But Jesus wasn't.Kent
Yet the conditions for salvation are given in the NT, which excludes those who do not meet the conditions, which means that salvation is conditional, so is not an expression of unconditional love, tolerance or mercy.
Just some food for thought about the above statement from the limited mind and inferred logic of mankind: the fact that the act of salvation would be conditional does not mean that it would/could not be an expression of unconditional love, or tolerance, or mercy. No such elimination.
That's the stupidest thing I've seen you type, so far.
What seems stupid to your mind is not at all significant to the statement. The fact that it is beyond your systematic understanding does not even hint at stupidity. Try to stretch your mind outside the biased limits you have set.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
Christianity is very exclusive...
But Jesus wasn't.
Kent
Yet the conditions for salvation are given in the NT, which excludes those who do not meet the conditions, which means that salvation is conditional, so is not an expression of unconditional love, tolerance or mercy.
Just some food for thought about the above statement from the limited mind and inferred logic of mankind: the fact that the act of salvation would be conditional does not mean that it would/could not be an expression of unconditional love, or tolerance, or mercy. No such elimination.
There you go CCC running with pompous statements like 'limited mind,' as if your mind is limitless and you are the arbiter of truth and the voice of God....even while failing to grasp what I said.
Not at all - I am humbled by the power and omniscience of God and there is not space for pomposity. To the contrary, the "as if" is your language and your attempt to place words in my mouth and falsely describe my position. That behavior is seriously disingenuous on your part and never will work.

My mind has its limits just as do all human minds, and there is no way that I, or any human, can be the arbiter or actual voice of God. You should know that, and your little attack there will not enable you to deflect the actual issue. Read again, and for comprehension this time.

I spoke of the limited mind of mankind - in general - and the inferred logic that some in mankind try to employ in vain attempts to describe, refute, disavow, etc. the nature of God - factors beyond their human comprehension. My comment was not at all personal to you, but it looks as though you ingested it and assumed something personal. That is another failing of the limited mind of mankind - or at least some of the lot.

Food for thought is just that for some folks - for others it seems to be anger bait. Try putting your human logic to work on that principle instead making another of your ad hominem attacks and playing your dodging games.

"the fact that the act of salvation would be conditional does not mean that it would/could not be an expression of unconditional love, or tolerance, or mercy. No such elimination.".

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
What seems stupid to your mind is not at all significant to the statement. The fact that it is beyond your systematic understanding does not even hint at stupidity. Try to stretch your mind outside the biased limits you have set.

A blowhard Yank with delusions of grandeur, who assumes to have a limitless mind, so is able to confidently speak on behalf of his own version of the Creator of the Universe...and of course, anyone who disagrees must, in the eyes of the Great Spokesman, the marvelous CCC, be wrong.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

Classy.

I am MAGA.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
But Jesus wasn't.
Kent
There you go CCC running with pompous statements like 'limited mind,' as if your mind is limitless and you are the arbiter of truth and the voice of God....even while failing to grasp what I said.
Not at all - I am humbled by the power and omniscience of God and there is not space for pomposity. To the contrary, the "as if" is your language and your attempt to place words in my mouth and falsely describe my position. That behavior is seriously disingenuous on your part and never will work.

My mind has its limits just as do all human minds, and there is no way that I, or any human, can be the arbiter or actual voice of God. You should know that, and your little attack there will not enable you to deflect the actual issue. Read again, and for comprehension this time.

I spoke of the limited mind of mankind - in general - and the inferred logic that some in mankind try to employ in vain attempts to describe, refute, disavow, etc. the nature of God - factors beyond their human comprehension. My comment was not at all personal to you, but it looks as though you ingested it and assumed something personal. That is another failing of the limited mind of mankind - or at least some of the lot.

Food for thought is just that for some folks - for others it seems to be anger bait. Try putting your human logic to work on that principle instead making another of your ad hominem attacks and playing your dodging games.

"the fact that the act of salvation would be conditional does not mean that it would/could not be an expression of unconditional love, or tolerance, or mercy. No such elimination.".

Delusional. You pretend that you don't engage in a pompous way even while doing it.

As for ad hominem attacks, it was you who initiated that, now you get it flung back in your face with interest, (not to mention the lies you were caught telling),

You brought it upon yourself.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp

I think you are now senile. The expression of "unconditional love" by sending someone to hell for eternity, based on failing a set of conditions that can't be reasonably met, and without any verifiable substantiation, is a major contradiction. Attempting a poor excuse on behalf of that god makes you as immoral a beast as him/her/they/it. Calling it stupidity was one response that was giving you some benefit of the doubt - it seems that you are much worse than that.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How does one reconcile 'conditional salvation'
With unconditional love , tolerance , mercy?

stretch your mind outside the biased limits you have set.

Does that equally apply to Xtians who close their
minds to other g0ds?..monotheism is near about as
bias as theological beliefs get...Xtians take bias
to even narrower goalpost limits by disputing the
validity of differing monotheistic forms of belief.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
But Jesus wasn't.
Kent

Delusional. You pretend that you don't engage in a pompous way even while doing it.
You do realize, don't you, that the perception of "pompous" lies in the eye of the beholder - no matter how myopic.

As for ad hominem attacks, it was you who initiated that, now you get it flung back in your face with interest, (not to mention the lies you were caught telling),
Kindly list those lies in your next post. Now, don't try to cheat - you will only make yourself look and feel smaller.

You brought it upon yourself.
I don't mind those silly attacks based on your assumptions and without any of your precious "evidence", I simply point them out. Those rantings are what they are - degrading of the one who makes them up.
Obviously you can't differentiate between a general comment posed to encourage thinking - and the fact that you will mistakenly take that in and cause yourself to feel attacked - which is what you have done.

There was zero attack directed at you, or any individual. Why would a sincere comment about the limitations of mankind (certainly including the one who made it) set you afire and push you to go on a personal attack? It is beginning to look as if you have trapped yourself in a low grade circular logic scheme and can't escape - so you flail away at someone who poses a thought which reminds you of your plight. You act as if you are on a limited system merry-go-round and can't grab a brass ring.

Try as you might, you never will succeed in reading the minds of other intelligent beings, trying to place words on their tongues, or portraying them as something they are not. Not only are you not sufficiently insightful or wise enough to do so, but you will be called out for the silliness of your quest. Try thinking instead of simply railing and railing at that which you do not understand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
I think you are now senile. The expression of "unconditional love" by sending someone to hell for eternity, based on failing a set of conditions that can't be reasonably met, and without any verifiable substantiation, is a major contradiction. Attempting a poor excuse on behalf of that god makes you as immoral a beast as him/her/they/it. Calling it stupidity was one response that was giving you some benefit of the doubt - it seems that you are much worse than that.
What you think in your mind and what is real can actually be diametrically opposed - so the importance of what you think seems open to question due to potential delusion on your part. Calling another thinking person "stupid" or "senile" sounds a lot like the little kid on the playground who is flummoxed or left wanting and can think of nothing to say or do other than to shout a malicious (and meaningless) slur.

I do not try to circumscribe the mind, intent and will of God, particularly on the basis of things I do not and apparently cannot know. I don't see God as being responsible for making certain that I, or you, understand and and have the ability to justify anything God expects or chooses to do. I work with what is available through His teaching and grace rather than emphasizing supposed missing evidence or ostensible contradictions that might enable a limited human mind to form attacks. I love God.

Why not do yourself a favor toward understanding and read it again - there is not a shred of "excuse" in that statement.

"the fact that the act of salvation would be conditional does not mean that it would/could not be an expression of unconditional love, or tolerance, or mercy. No such elimination."

Where is the "excuse"? You are trying to state an action on my part that has not occurred, and thus your ensuing comments about "immorality" etc. have no base whatsoever. Your falsity at the fundament renders fake what you attempt to build upon it. For one who proclaims the extreme necessity of evidence, you should know better than to have done that.

Something about that brief perceptual and general statement has caused indigestion, or itching, or something like that for you and another person or two here. The irritation has led to some typical human behavior - common to all of us - immediate lashing out rather than pondering something we don't want to ponder. We see liberals and other such types doing that constantly. I'm only human - not talented or smart enough to help with your dilemma.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
How does one reconcile 'conditional salvation'
With unconditional love , tolerance , mercy?
I did not even pretend that there is reconciliation of such things, let alone make such an attempt. A simple observation is that, even as mere humans lacking the infinite capacities of God, we ourselves can give them tolerance, give them mercy, and love our children unconditionally while yet requiring conditions before we grant certain things. That is a simple human example. Given that, why would one question the ability of the omnipotent, omniscient God to reconcile what He does? The principle seems healthy food for thought. Nothing more suggested.

stretch your mind outside the biased limits you have set.

Does that equally apply to Xtians who close their
minds to other g0ds?..monotheism is near about as
bias as theological beliefs get...Xtians take bias
to even narrower goalpost limits by disputing the
validity of differing monotheistic forms of belief.
I do not try to speak for other Christians, and do try to stretch my mind every day - which sometimes includes matters such as those you list there. It can be observed that Christians are not alone when doing such things - as evidenced by those of other religious persuasions who do the same, and those of no particular religious persuasion at all who simply close their minds and dispute the tenets of Christianity. One could say that the stretching also includes this response to what seems like hostile questioning.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Obviously you can't differentiate between a general comment posed to encourage thinking - and the fact that you will mistakenly take that in and cause yourself to feel attacked - which is what you have done.

You were the one complaining about ad homs even while initiating and engaging with them. That is what I pointed out. That you play the victim card even while acting aggressively in a pompous manner.

There was zero attack directed at you, or any individual. Why would a sincere comment about the limitations of mankind (certainly including the one who made it) set you afire and push you to go on a personal attack? It is beginning to look as if you have trapped yourself in a low grade circular logic scheme and can't escape - so you flail away at someone who poses a thought which reminds you of your plight. You act as if you are on a limited system merry-go-round and can't grab a brass ring.

You are so deluded with your sense of superiority that you cannot understand the nature and implications of your remarks, that when you accuse your opponent of having a 'limited mind' you imply that yours is not, where you essentially say that your opponent has no idea because of their 'limited mind,' while your fantastic superior mind has the answers, and being superior, you have the grounding to speak with authority on matters of religion and faith.

Try as you might, you never will succeed in reading the minds of other intelligent beings, trying to place words on their tongues, or portraying them as something they are not. Not only are you not sufficiently insightful or wise enough to do so, but you will be called out for the silliness of your quest. Try thinking instead of simply railing and railing at that which you do not understand.

Well, there you go proving my point, you with the 'intelligent mind'' that is beyond the capacity of lesser beings to comprehend. You, sir, are a pompous prat who has delusions of grandeur, a self appointed arbiter of truth.....yet unable to grasp the contradiction between unconditional love and conditional salvation.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Guys, we are on the same, "team".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Starman
He frequently uses the word triad in reference to God,

I am aware of Matthews regular use of triadic literary device , but no such actual word.

Angel comes to Joseph 3x
Wise men with 3x gifts
Jesus prayed 3x in Gethsemane
Peter denied Jesus 3x
3x temptations in the wilderness
3x petitions by canaanite woman
3x people on the cross.

So Baptising in the name of 3x is
just another...(and several more not mentioned).
When will you get it in your head that I agree with you that the word "Trinity" is NOT in God the Bible......geeesch!

Illegitimi non carborundum

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm not on any team that tell others Christ rejects them,

I am on Christ's team, and say he makes himself available to everyone.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 03/13/23.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So when Jesus “went about doing good,” was He ‘living it’ or was He just practicing a set of beliefs…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Is the implication that we are to be doing what Christ did?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
What you think in your mind and what is real can actually be diametrically opposed - so the importance of what you think seems open to question due to potential delusion on your part. Calling another thinking person "stupid" or "senile" sounds a lot like the little kid on the playground who is flummoxed or left wanting and can think of nothing to say or do other than to shout a malicious (and meaningless) slur.

I do not try to circumscribe the mind, intent and will of God, particularly on the basis of things I do not and apparently cannot know. I don't see God as being responsible for making certain that I, or you, understand and and have the ability to justify anything God expects or chooses to do. I work with what is available through His teaching and grace rather than emphasizing supposed missing evidence or ostensible contradictions that might enable a limited human mind to form attacks. I love God.

Why not do yourself a favor toward understanding and read it again - there is not a shred of "excuse" in that statement.

"the fact that the act of salvation would be conditional does not mean that it would/could not be an expression of unconditional love, or tolerance, or mercy. No such elimination."

Where is the "excuse"? You are trying to state an action on my part that has not occurred, and thus your ensuing comments about "immorality" etc. have no base whatsoever. Your falsity at the fundament renders fake what you attempt to build upon it. For one who proclaims the extreme necessity of evidence, you should know better than to have done that.

Something about that brief perceptual and general statement has caused indigestion, or itching, or something like that for you and another person or two here. The irritation has led to some typical human behavior - common to all of us - immediate lashing out rather than pondering something we don't want to ponder. We see liberals and other such types doing that constantly. I'm only human - not talented or smart enough to help with your dilemma.

Meaningless blather. Do you read the disconnected BS that you write? It's a mess.

Page 5 of 108 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1234, 60 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,229
Posts18,524,752
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.