Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yes. I just hate it.

Can't stand the management? grin

You're most likely to hate a "job" when you become the management.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
After 34 years as LE Deputy Sheriff, I did not hate my job but, realized it was time to get away from it. People were the best of my job and at times the worst part of my job. I retired Jan of 2022. No regrets. It was quite a ride!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I love my job, I am self employed and travel all over the world hurting people and companies.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hope my job lasts another 5 yrs.
Could be done inside of 3, rumor is.
It aint bad, it aint good....im just sick of it.
Dont need the noise, dirt or stress.
Zero job satisfaction, just SOSDD.
Insurance is good but shorty will be off it due to age in a yr or so.

Last edited by hookeye; 03/14/23.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nah. Men need to work. Find satisfaction in the grind.

If you want to do your own thing and aren't prepared to go without a paycheck for at least 6 months, you better start your plan over.

Hard time to hire, hard time to raise capital/borrow, there's some market headwinds, but put a plan together and have a go.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wanna start a composting business where people pay me to bring in their wood pallets and demo materials. I grind em up, magnetically separate the nails from the wood. Age the grindings into compost, sell their schit back to them. Then scatter the nails all over the roads. My next idea is for a tire repair shop. I see alot of need in the community.

Hey, jus' tryin' to do my part, ya know?

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Today? No.
Ask me tomorrow. The answer may be vastly different.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm a licensed architect. I'm retired now, but before I retired I enjoyed the work that I did. I specially enjoyed dreaming things up then seeing them grow into reality. My life now is without purpose because I can only hunt during the various seasons. I do some recreational backpacking. Don't climb any longer. Too old and fat.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Years ago I was feeling kinda bored and a little burned out with my job. A promotion came along that put me in a supervisory position. My manager was long on talking about initiatives and short on implementation. Drove me nuts. Asked to go back to my old job where everything I do is project based with clear timelines and expectations. I appreciated it a lot more after I was out of it and happy to be back doing what I am doing. I used to stress about projects a lot but after 20 years of "been there, done that" it is pretty easy to shut it off at the end of the day and my work-life balance has gotten much better.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I had a couple jobs I didn't mind at first but soon get bored and grew to hate them fairly quickly. Most of my jobs I just hated right from day one. In general, working just sucks and there was never a day of work in my whole life that I wouldn't have rather been doing something else, like hunting or fishing or pulling my fingernails out with a pair of pliers. Did I mention working just sucks ?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Nope. I’m retarded now, beginning to enjoy the hell out of not working

You don’t say….

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Since I owned the company, I had no complaints, or should not have had any.

But then I sold it to a private equity company. Part of that deal was to work for them running the company for a few years. Golden parachute (or handcuffs). Asswholes. Short term thinkers. I got out as soon as I was able to.

Now I don't do anything all day, and by noon, I'm half done. Just kidding. I took some good hunting trips and we travelled but arthritis now prevents that. So I read a lot and shoot Sporting Clays. It looks like I'll be financially secure for the rest of my life. Life is good.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The only paycheck I've ever gotten was from The US Army. Self-employed.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not now, since I retired over 5 years ago.

In the past? Didn't really hate the job as much as the people at some places, and vice versa at others.

Finally figured out I'd rather be happier doing "work" I might enjoy, with as few people to deal with as possible, and that worked fairly well.

I work best when told what needs done and then be left mostly alone to get it done. If you're paying me, I'll do my best to accomplish that on your schedule even.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Like the job, can't stand the way the place is operated.
There have been many changes since it was bought by a global .corp, none of which benefit the skilled workers.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Loved what I did for a living. The hate part was other people and weeding through those who wanted to work and those that didn't. After 35 years with 2 Performing Arts companies I retired 2 years ago. Miss the art forms and energy and the many performers and some people.
FJB has had a negative effect on the quality of life post retirement but the wife and I are and will be fine. Do worry about the kids and grandkids, the chit show FJB has left them ain't pretty and I'm not long for it.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Nope love mine.

**BEWARE SCAMMER BEWARE SCAMMER BEWARE SCAMMER**
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The week obuma was elected, I switched careers from wasting time at a factory to wasting time at home.

I did not want to pay obuma any income taxes.

Now I am paying Brandon taxes..... at least his wife is not a tranny....you can tell by her taste in print dresses. Gays would not wear that stuff on halloween.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I had a couple jobs I didn't mind at first but soon get bored and grew to hate them fairly quickly. Most of my jobs I just hated right from day one. In general, working just sucks and there was never a day of work in my whole life that I wouldn't have rather been doing something else, like hunting or fishing or pulling my fingernails out with a pair of pliers. Did I mention working just sucks ?
You missed your calling. Should have been a motivational speaker or operator for a suicide hotline. grin

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I don’t hate my day job but there are certain things I dislike sometimes. Mainly my biggest trouble is renters and dealing with the local governments.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

685 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 2,984 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,642
Posts18,512,297
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.