-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 108 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 107 108
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knowing that this particular thread is in a death spiral - mired in the morass of trolling and disingenuous intrusion - I have hesitated to prolong the spiral with even one more post. To only the sincere posters here I apologize if any of my earlier stuff distracted from or derailed anything of importance to you and your efforts. As a mere mortal, I simply seem compelled to deal with those who inject negativity and hate.

Thanks, Kent and other sincere folks, for sharing your perspectives. Those who sincerely try to walk the walk often find benefit in the experiences of colleagues.

If one studied the earlier summary, you know the assessment of this progression. The thread is a pretty good example of the way life unfolds for the types involved. The miracle and act of faith is what seems to define the cleavage between the positive and negative forces with regard to God and the act of salvation.

There has been a positive regarding those who attack Christian tenets by raising the issue “what about those who never got to hear about” the Gospel. Some of those unbelievers – atheist and otherwise – certainly have heard it here.

Best to all.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by WTM45
Is there a scriptural teaching that tells us we are to be like Christ...?

Yes there is.
And my challenge to you is to seek it out.

I remember Paul teaching to imitate him in matters of faith.

And I don’t accept your challenge. It’s a conversation. Where is the text? I don’t recall one that tells us to be like Him in person. Maybe being like Him in love it some such thing.

I struggle to remember any scripture that tells us to be like him in His person.

I issue the challenge to you, not as one would suggest a duel or a fight, but as an attempt to motivate you to search the Word yourself while opening your heart and soul to the direction of the Holy Spirit. It will bring the answers you seek.
Anyone else's interpretation or instruction may seem to you as an incomplete answer.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by krp
Do you believe that in the resurrection, the spirit and body will be reunited?

No

Kent

Without a doubt it will.
But it will be a "new" vessel, as promised.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Knowing that this particular thread is in a death spiral - mired in the morass of trolling and disingenuous intrusion - I have hesitated to prolong the spiral with even one more post. To only the sincere posters here I apologize if any of my earlier stuff distracted from or derailed anything of importance to you and your efforts. As a mere mortal, I simply seem compelled to deal with those who inject negativity and hate.

Thanks, Kent and other sincere folks, for sharing your perspectives. Those who sincerely try to walk the walk often find benefit in the experiences of colleagues.

If one studied the earlier summary, you know the assessment of this progression. The thread is a pretty good example of the way life unfolds for the types involved. The miracle and act of faith is what seems to define the cleavage between the positive and negative forces with regard to God and the act of salvation.

There has been a positive regarding those who attack Christian tenets by raising the issue “what about those who never got to hear about” the Gospel. Some of those unbelievers – atheist and otherwise – certainly have heard it here.

Best to all.

CCC...I really respect your opinions and read them with joy....please continue the great work....God bless.

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by antlers
What did Jesus mean when He said, “Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another”…? And just before He gave this new commandment, Jesus got up from their meal and washed His closest followers stinkin’ feet, and then He said, “For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.” What did Jesus mean by saying that…?

I think maybe from my research.... The believer in Christ has the Holy Spirit living within him (1 Corinthians 6:19–20). By obeying the Spirit, through the Word of God, the believer can love like Christ does. He shows that unconditional, sacrificial, forgiving love to fellow believers, but it doesn’t stop there. He also shows the love of Christ to friends, to family members, to coworkers, etc. (Ephesians 5:18–6:4; Galatians 5:16, 22–23). Even enemies are the recipients of Christ’s love (see Matthew 5:43–48).

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

No

Kent

Now I understand why I don't understand your posts so often.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What did Jesus mean when He said, “Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another”…? And just before He gave this new commandment, Jesus got up from their meal and washed His closest followers stinkin’ feet, and then He said, “For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.” What did Jesus mean by saying that…?

Jesus wants us to humble ourselves and wash others' feet. I know from personal experience the washee is also humbled. Remember Peter's reaction.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ringman

Jesus wants us to humble ourselves and wash others' feet. I know from personal experience the washee is also humbled. Remember Peter's reaction.

I don't think it's so much about foot washing as it is about being willing to give of yourself to someone else. Christ's example is that he was willing to die for his enemies. I don't think any of us are expected to equal that, but to do whatever we can to alleviate the suffering of others, and try our best not to add to that suffering.

Last edited by RHClark; 03/15/23.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by krp

No

Kent

Now I understand why I don't understand your posts so often.

So you believe you will live another physical life, an eternal physical life?

Kent

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
There is to be a new Heaven, and earth.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
There is nothing wrong with the Old Testament.

**BEWARE SCAMMER BEWARE SCAMMER BEWARE SCAMMER**
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Puts holy chit to a whole new meaning... hope there isn't an eternal TP shortage.

Kent

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WMR
How about we try Loving God with all our hearts, minds and strength, and loving our neighbors as ourselves? After we master that we can move on to the fine points. Probably take me several lifetimes to work on this. Anybody else getting it right so far?

Can't do that, you might offend someone.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by DBT
I have had a long standing interest in science, philosophy and religion. All of which deal with the nature of the world, life, society, etc.

I didn't join 24hcf to debate religion, and refrained from it for some time, but eventually decided to throw my hat in the ring....and here we are.

Thats .....almost..... the point DBT.
It wasnt a debate, it was a discussion by people of faith defining what their god meant for their beliefs to go forward as....

These threads go up and the usual suspects cant help but enter to contest the existence of a creator, every time. As though their stance with regard to God/faith/religion isnt documented in the discussions they've interrupted before. We all get it, constant reiteration isnt required.

So again, and I'm asking you in the friendliest way possible. please explain what pleasure it is you derive in interjecting your non belief (over and over if we're being honest) in threads where people are discussing their personal beliefs with regard to God/Creation ?

This isnt a derision , I am truly trying to understand, and appreciate your responses. Thanks again.

Again, it's a duscussion forum, where presumably anyone who is a member can express their views; freedom of speech..

Nor do Christians agree on doctrine, they argue quite vigorously on the nature of God, the status of Jesus, the Trinity, etc....and by the time I 'interject' the arguments are flying thick and fast. One more shouldn't make much difference.

If someone doesn't like it, they can simply ignore what is being said.

Don't you guys value freedom? What about freedom of speech? Is that not valued?

Or is 'freedom of speech' only valued when things that are said are deemed acceptable and everyone can nod their heads in unision, peace, brotherhood and harmony?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Best to all.

Questioning is not an attack. Questioning and healthy scepticism is the way to truth, the means of sorting fact from fiction. It is a good and healthy thing.

Without questioning we would still be in the dark ages burning witches.

Your lament is related to an intolerance of questioning.

If something is true, it can stand any amount of questioning.

If Christianity or any other religion is true and factual, it stands on its own merit, with no fear of scepticism or questioning.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Best to all.

Questioning is not an attack. Questioning and healthy scepticism is the way to truth, the means of sorting fact from fiction. It is a good and healthy thing.

Without questioning we would still be in the dark ages burning witches.

Your lament is related to an intolerance of questioning.

If something is true, it can stand any amount of questioning.

If Christianity or any other religion is true and factual, it stands on its own merit, with no fear of scepticism or questioning.

You are not questioning you are Trolling. I can prove it if you like?

How old are you?

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/15/23.

KB

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raspy
I'd not suggest without firm proof that my statements are correct and the rest of the world is wrong. That'd be a bold move indeed. So, as you are essentially doing the same, show the rest of us why you should be right in the concept that a belief in anything “supernatural” should necessarily be folly and erroneous when most of the world, and those coming before us, disagree with your statement. If I state that the sky is blue while everyone else states that it is red, right as I may be, the burden of proof falls on me to show everyone else why they're in error. This a similar situation. If most of humanity states that there is something beyond us, or the physical, and you state that such ideas are 100% completely wrong, the burden of proof falls to you, right or wrong, to show the rest of us why our perception of reality is wrong while yours should be correct.

Originally Posted by DBT
As I pointed out above, there is a clear distinction to be made between science and religion, religion and evidence, which you appear to dismiss or ignore.

There is more archaeological evidence for Jesus’ existence than for virtually any other figure from ancient history.
There’s an abundance of corroborating archaeological evidence; a great amount of the people, cities, places, etc. of Jesus’ life and ministry are established in the archaeological record. But when it comes to Jesus specifically, the best proof we have is the Bible.
Many people will object here. They will deny that the Bible can ever be used as evidence of Jesus.
But this question doesn’t get to make that objection. You asked for evidence, and the Bible fits the bill perfectly.
This wasn’t always the case. Back when the King James Version was first translated from the Greek (roughly 400 years ago in 1611 A.D/C.E.), they had reference to perhaps a dozen Greek manuscripts of the New Testament. None of these were particularly old; they were removed from the time of Jesus by many hundreds, if not a thousand, years.
In such a situation, you could imagine all sorts of changes occurring in the text between the time it was first written to the time it was translated.
But then came archaeology.
In the last 150 years, archaeologists have dug up thousands of ancient biblical manuscripts. Today we have over 10,000 manuscripts of the New Testament in the original languages, stretching back in time to the early 2nd and late 1st centuries.
In all of this, there is no evidence of the content changing over time.
There are minor scribal issues, of course. There will always be minor copy issues when human agents perform the copying. But given the abundance of manuscripts, we can easily spot and correct these changes.
The evidence is so strong that even Bart Ehrman, one of the staunchest skeptics around, agrees. Out of the nearly 8,000 verses in the New Testament,

Poppycock, all we have about Jesus is what is written in the new testament, the apocryphal works and commentary by authors long after the described events. There is no 'archeological evidence' to prove the existence of Jesus.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
On several levels, those who believe that they are the product of a cosmic sh*it do stand out.

Didn't god breathe the life into some cosmic shit?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
There is to be a new Heaven, and earth.

What's wrong with the old one?

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Oldhardluckrifle
There is nothing wrong with the Old Testament.

Ha ha ha! Troublemaker.

Well?
Page 14 of 108 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.