-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 108 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 107 108
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey DBT, Im going on 23 hours without sleep so I'll try and make sense. Please bear with me.

I participate in these threads due to them gratifying and furthering my experience, in my faith and belief in my creator.
I feel good reading the responses of guys that have experienced the Presence of The Holy Spirit in a way either similar or different from mine.
I read some of the responses to that or something similar and at times my eyes well up in gratitude.
I feel humbled, I feel included , I feel Community and Fellowship ,I feel privileged to have received first hand, someone elses reaction or wisdom with regard to God.

I exchange private messages with these guys and it builds my faith and I feel exposed to Grace on a very real level having stumbled into "here".

Please forgive me badgering you, know that its not personal.
Youve explained the "why" you post among us and from what I gather its "because you can", and I even respect that.

What effect does what you post amongst us have on you at an emotional, even visceral level?

.... like tears in the rain
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Don't you guys value freedom? What about freedom of speech? Is that not valued?

Or is 'freedom of speech' only valued when things that are said are deemed acceptable and everyone can nod their heads in unision, peace, brotherhood and harmony?

Don’t you dare talk to us about freedom. The word is meaningless to you and the concept is totally foreign. You cowardly cucks were adamant about vaccination and boosters and you bitches argued AGAINST freedom! You are a total and complete LIAR! You took the government’s bullshit and pushed it on others, you put down anyone that argued against the vaccines…..YOU and the other BITCHES like you were the useful idiots that fostered the paranoia and pushed the bullshit government propaganda.

You lie continuously and you contribute nothing of value here. You intentionally disrupt the religious threads and insult our God but then you cry like a bitch when anyone strikes back.

The fact that you have the audacity, actually probably ignorance of such depth that it appears audacious, to even use the word “Freedom” here. You wouldn’t know what freedom was if it came up and smacked you across the face. You gave up the last vestige or anything that resembles freedom decades ago. While we here in the USA are fighting the leftists that have infiltrated the institutions of our society I can assure you that WE don’t need your input on how to secure freedom.

Sheepdogs don’t ask the sheep for their opinions. The sheep can either follow the sheepdog or they can follow the wolf….it doesn’t matter to the sheepdog.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by CCCC
Knowing that this particular thread is in a death spiral - mired in the morass of trolling and disingenuous intrusion - I have hesitated to prolong the spiral with even one more post. To only the sincere posters here I apologize if any of my earlier stuff distracted from or derailed anything of importance to you and your efforts. As a mere mortal, I simply seem compelled to deal with those who inject negativity and hate.

Thanks, Kent and other sincere folks, for sharing your perspectives. Those who sincerely try to walk the walk often find benefit in the experiences of colleagues.

If one studied the earlier summary, you know the assessment of this progression. The thread is a pretty good example of the way life unfolds for the types involved. The miracle and act of faith is what seems to define the cleavage between the positive and negative forces with regard to God and the act of salvation.

There has been a positive regarding those who attack Christian tenets by raising the issue “what about those who never got to hear about” the Gospel. Some of those unbelievers – atheist and otherwise – certainly have heard it here.

Best to all.

Questioning is not an attack. Questioning and healthy scepticism is the way to truth, the means of sorting fact from fiction. It is a good and healthy thing.

Without questioning we would still be in the dark ages burning witches.

Your lament is related to an intolerance of questioning.

If something is true, it can stand any amount of questioning.

If Christianity or any other religion is true and factual, it stands on its own merit, with no fear of scepticism or questioning.

You are not questioning you are Trolling. I can prove it if you like?

How old are you?

KB

Don't just claim it, try to prove it.

But of course you can't. You merely say it as a means of defense and dismissal.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by DBT
Don't you guys value freedom? What about freedom of speech? Is that not valued?

Or is 'freedom of speech' only valued when things that are said are deemed acceptable and everyone can nod their heads in unision, peace, brotherhood and harmony?

Don’t you dare talk to us about freedom. The word is meaningless to you and the concept is totally foreign. You cowardly cucks were adamant about vaccination and boosters and you bitches argued AGAINST freedom! You are a total and complete LIAR! You took the government’s bullshit and pushed it on others, you put down anyone that argued against the vaccines…..YOU and the other BITCHES like you were the useful idiots that fostered the paranoia and pushed the bullshit government propaganda.

You lie continuously and you contribute nothing of value here. You intentionally disrupt the religious threads and insult our God but then you cry like a bitch when anyone strikes back.

The fact that you have the audacity, actually probably ignorance of such depth that it appears audacious, to even use the word “Freedom” here. You wouldn’t know what freedom was if it came up and smacked you across the face. You gave up the last vestige or anything that resembles freedom decades ago. While we here in the USA are fighting the leftists that have infiltrated the institutions of our society I can assure you that WE don’t need your input on how to secure freedom.

Sheepdogs don’t ask the sheep for their opinions. The sheep can either follow the sheepdog or they can follow the wolf….it doesn’t matter to the sheepdog.

That's just the kind of diatribe I expect from you, Ace. Not having the ability to argue for your beliefs logically and rationally, you attack the character of your opponents. Utterly predictable.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Hey DBT, Im going on 23 hours without sleep so I'll try and make sense. Please bear with me.

I participate in these threads due to them gratifying and furthering my experience, in my faith and belief in my creator.
I feel good reading the responses of guys that have experienced the Presence of The Holy Spirit in a way either similar or different from mine.
I read some of the responses to that or something similar and at times my eyes well up in gratitude.
I feel humbled, I feel included , I feel Community and Fellowship ,I feel privileged to have received first hand, someone elses reaction or wisdom with regard to God.

I exchange private messages with these guys and it builds my faith and I feel exposed to Grace on a very real level having stumbled into "here".

Please forgive me badgering you, know that its not personal.
Youve explained the "why" you post among us and from what I gather its "because you can", and I even respect that.

What effect does what you post amongst us have on you at an emotional, even visceral level?

Why should questioning or debate effect you emotionally? Shouldn't it be welcomed? Isn't determining the truth through open inquiry and debate to be valued?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Knowing that this particular thread is in a death spiral - mired in the morass of trolling and disingenuous intrusion - I have hesitated to prolong the spiral with even one more post. To only the sincere posters here I apologize if any of my earlier stuff distracted from or derailed anything of importance to you and your efforts. As a mere mortal, I simply seem compelled to deal with those who inject negativity and hate.

Thanks, Kent and other sincere folks, for sharing your perspectives. Those who sincerely try to walk the walk often find benefit in the experiences of colleagues.

If one studied the earlier summary, you know the assessment of this progression. The thread is a pretty good example of the way life unfolds for the types involved. The miracle and act of faith is what seems to define the cleavage between the positive and negative forces with regard to God and the act of salvation.

There has been a positive regarding those who attack Christian tenets by raising the issue “what about those who never got to hear about” the Gospel. Some of those unbelievers – atheist and otherwise – certainly have heard it here.

Best to all.

Questioning is not an attack. Questioning and healthy scepticism is the way to truth, the means of sorting fact from fiction. It is a good and healthy thing.

If Christianity or any other religion is true and factual, it stands on its own merit, with no fear of scepticism or questioning.

How old are you?

KB

Before I do I asked you how old you are, so how old are you?

By the way, I never hear a man use the word, Poppycock lol

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/15/23.

KB

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
To me, Jesus clearly modeled for His earliest followers what their own reciprocal love should be like. And when He rose from the Last Supper and started washing the stinkin’ feet of His closest followers, to me…He was clearly modeling for them what serving others in lowliness of heart and mind, and seeking to build others up in humility and love…should be like.

To me, the recipients of God’s transforming love oughta be agents of that transforming love. Jesus’ followers receive grace and love and peace and mercy and forgiveness from Him that they do not deserve…and in turn…they oughta demonstrate that same grace and love and peace and mercy and forgiveness towards others (even though they might not deserve it from His followers either).

To me, Jesus’ followers oughta strive to emulate Him ~ within the context of a brand New Covenant that says “Your sin is paid for, now live a life that reflects the grace and love and peace and mercy and forgiveness of God…as you mirror that…in your grace and love and peace and mercy and forgiveness towards the people around you.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

LoL, Benny Hinn and Copeland claim presence
of the holy spirit..why would anyone believe
such claims from anyone?

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
.. You intentionally disrupt the religious threads and insult our God..

We haven't heard your g0d speak for itself claiming
insult, which suggests it merely your own irrational emotional state projecting.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Best to all.

How old are you?

KB

KB

Before you do? Just do it. And your 'how old are you' question is disingenuous, another means to belittle and dismiss opposition.

You are acting like the very Troll you falsely accuse me of being.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Best to all.

How old are you?

KB

KB

Before you do? Just do it. And your 'how old are you' question is disingenuous, another means to belittle and dismiss opposition.

I think you are disingenuous. So I guess we are on the same page.

KB

KB

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Nor do Christians agree on doctrine, they argue quite vigorously on the nature of God, the status of Jesus, the Trinity, etc...

Xtianity has developed a strained tolerance for heretics who can now can have their say without persecution...only because secular law put uppity
Xtians in their place.
One can thank Thomas Jefferson for such
coz it was the Baptists who approached him
to ensure protection from zealot catholics.
( as evidenced by the Danbury letters, 1802.)

Thomas Jefferson also had the good rational
sense to call bullschit on Bible miracle claims.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Best to all.

How old are you?

KB

KB

KB

You assert that I am even while proving that you are. Your questions are disingenuous, 'How old are you' in this context is like asking 'do you still beat your wife?' Yes or no, please answer.

And I'm still waiting for your promise to prove that I am a Troll. Do you even know how? Do you know what evidence is? Please answer the questions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
“Your sin is paid for, now live a life that reflects the grace and love and peace and mercy and forgiveness of God…as you mirror that…in your grace and love and peace and mercy and forgiveness towards the people around you.”

I like this, as difficult as it is for me , and for how often I fail (miserably) at it , I appreciate seeing it conveyed this way. Big Thanks

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My question would be what exactly did Christianity bring to the table that wasn't already there?

The Ten Commandments, the original Western core values.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
KB = annoying gnat?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Best to all.

How old are you?

KB

KB

KB

You assert that I am even while proving that you are. Your questions are disingenuous, 'How old are you' in this context is like asking 'do you still beat your wife?' Yes or no, please answer.

And I'm still waiting for your promise to prove that I am a Troll. Do you even know how? Do you know what evidence is? Please answer the questions.

Here is a partial quote of yours below, proving that not only are you a troll, but you are also a sanctimonious, condescending, and disrespectful waste of time. I have nothing further to add except that I would hate to be you.

Originally Posted by DBT
I realize that logic and reason is not your strong point CCCC, to put it kindly

KB

KB

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My question would be what exactly did Christianity bring to the table that wasn't already there?

The Ten Commandments, the original Western core values.

Socrates expressed the golden rule long before Christianity.

Theft for instance was punishable long before Christianity.

The bible does not condemn slavery, Jesus for instance intructs slaves to obey their masters.

Nothing is simple. Nothing is black and white. We live in a world of shades...

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=CCCC]Knowing that this particular thread is in a death spiral - mired in the morass of trolling and disingenuous intrusion - I have hesitated to prolong the spiral with even one more post. To only the sincere posters here I apologize if any of my earlier stuff distracted from or derailed anything of importance to you and your efforts. As a mere mortal, I simply seem compelled to deal with those who inject negativity and hate.

Best to all.

How old are you?

KB

KB

KB

Here is a partial quote of yours below, proving that not only are you a troll, but you are also a sanctimonious, condescending, and disrespectful waste of time. I have nothing further to add except that I would hate to be you.

Originally Posted by DBT
I realize that logic and reason is not your strong point CCCC, to put it kindly

KB[/quote]

Just as I suspected. You do understand that pointing out someone's failure in logic is not trolling?

Look up the definition of logic. Do you know what an internet troll is?

Look that up as well, and try again.

By your logic, your inflammatory comments and disingenuous questions such as 'how old are you,' qualifes you as a Troll.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

KB

Good call.

Borderline Personality Disorder

Answering questions with questions and/or not at all.

Constantly changing "the position of the goalposts".

Attempted ridicule when an intellectual/intelligent response cant be given.

anti anxiety meds help , buts its generally a life long condition of self absorbed emptiness.

more often than not, the patient will tell you exactly whats wrong with them, provided you've been trained to ask the right questions , pathology 101.

g'night y'all, God Bless.

Last edited by AKA_Spook; 03/15/23.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT
Nor do Christians agree on doctrine, they argue quite vigorously on the nature of God, the status of Jesus, the Trinity, etc...

Xtianity has developed a strained tolerance for heretics who can now can have their say without persecution...only because secular law put uppity
Xtians in their place.
One can thank Thomas Jefferson for such
coz it was the Baptists who approached him
to ensure protection from zealot catholics.
( as evidenced by the Danbury letters, 1802.)

Thomas Jefferson also had the good rational
sense to call bullschit on Bible miracle claims.

Each might accuse the other of not being true Christians.

Page 15 of 108 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugeman, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 48 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,577
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.