Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 108 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 107 108
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jesus’ ekklesia grew from that initial tiny band of a few people, to 30 million people by 400 A.D.. Fully half of the Roman Empire’s 60 million people believed in Jesus by that time. Jesus’ movement went from being a small and persecuted minority, to being the major faith in the Roman Empire. Jesus’ new movement triumphed. And it’ll continue to do so. Jesus Himself made that crystal clear.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by IZH27
On several levels, those who believe that they are the product of a cosmic sh*it do stand out.

Didn't god breathe the life into some cosmic shit?

Half Byte

I can confirm that only when I observe proof of life.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Scott F
You guy want to argue I will give you a little something written in 325. We say it everymorning and night.

I believe in one God, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one essence with the Father through Whom all things were made. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried; And He rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father; And He will come again with glory to judge the living and dead. His kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Creator of life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke through the prophets.

In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.

Amen.

Not tell me how bad I am for even thinking it let alone saying it. Go ahead, you can't hurt my feelings. :>)

We corporately confess this nearly every Sunday morning. Absolutely beautiful to confess these truths in solidarity with many Christian’s who have done the same for almost 2k years.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
This, and all other such threads, should not be considered threads about Christianity. Rather, they are religious threads.

Participants, for their known or unknown reasons, attach the name of Christ and claims of Christianity to many different beliefs and principles that have nothing to do with Christian teaching and are in fact incompatible with Christianity.

Those beliefs and principles include but are not limited to secularism, legalism, Platonic philosophy, Hinduism, syncretism, spiritualism, revivalism, moralism, mysticism, Gnosticism and church sign philosophy to name a few.

Were the Apostles or post Apostolic church fathers to read these threads they would not recognize the Gospel anywhere in them.

The only way that they would be able to understand what was going on here would require them getting up to speed on the history of what happened to Christianity when it became subject to the American experiment.

They would then understand that most of what is taught in this country was birthed out of the collective anus of Americanized Christianity, a rebellious and self informed idolatry that has given rise to innumerable variation of opinions, most of which are incompatible one with the other, but all equally bearing the claim of being inspired by the Holy Sprit.

Last edited by IZH27; 03/16/23.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
That didn't start in America, that started when the general populous became literate and the bible was available to be read by the masses. Rather than being dissected into snippets to control the narrative. Heaven forbid people can read and think for themselves.

Kent

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Have you taken the time to study the history of the faith in any constructive objective way?

Based on your response, what brings anything objective authoritative to the faith; beyond personal opinion what is there?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If you like, look up Fanny Crosby, she wrote Blessed Assurance.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Funny, I'm one of the few that have openly revealed my personal beliefs, upbringing in the church, expectation of ministry, seminary classes, preaching from the pulpit at age 15, knowledge of the church hierarchy, best I can do to express my personal relationship with Christ.

No one knows chit about you except you are on constant prosecution of any slight you may feel for the 'church'.

Do you believe there is only one path to God... through organized religion?

Kent

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
[quote=DBT]

Can't speak for CCCC, but I have no doubt as to your sincerity or thoughtfulness. I also have no doubt that you are deliberately disruptive.

You are wrong. Your remark is designed to dismiss and discourage what you see as dissent. If you don"t like what is said, just ignore it.

I stand corrected. You are neither thoughtful nor sincere.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I believe that there is one way to Christ and that is through the word. The word is preached by a preacher. I fully reject the idea that the role and purpose of the holy spirit is that if a personal coach with whom we walk and talk. The HS definitely interacts in our lives and indwells us but is never unattached from the Word inspired or the Word flesh. The work of the HS is to point us to Christ.

You may have revealed all those things in the past but I’ve never read them which is why I ask questions. If you feel persecuted by being asked questions you are a very tender flake bud. If questions offend you you should stop initiating conversation with me by responding to things that I post.

Have you engaged I charismatic gyrations and speaking in babbling syllables?

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If you like, look up Fanny Crosby, she wrote Blessed Assurance.

Is Fanny Crosby an authority on church doctrine and practice? I was under the impression that she wrote romanticized hymns based on revivalism.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I believe that there is one way to Christ and that is through the word. The word is preached by a preacher. I fully reject the idea that the role and purpose of the holy spirit is that if a personal coach with whom we walk and talk. The HS definitely interacts in our lives and indwells us but is never unattached from the Word inspired or the Word flesh.

You may have revealed all those things in the past but I’ve never read them which is why I ask questions. If you feel persecuted by being asked questions you are a very tender flake bud. If questions offend you you should stop initiating conversation with me by responding to things that I post.

You have selected amnesia, you can't even remember apologizing to me a couple months after the event for projecting ascending/transcending thoughts you had onto me.

You always initiate any dialoged we have, not me, in the form of a prosecution type question.

So a person can't read for themselves, a preacher is required to administer the word of God.

Don't address me if you don't want my response.

Kent

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
This is a tough crowd.[Linked Image from iconicauctions.com]

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
[quote=IZH27

Have you engaged I charismatic gyrations and speaking in babbling syllables?[/quote]

See, thoughts like that never enter my mind... that's just bazaar.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
So you don’t like to be asked questions.

You answered my question in a way that I can understand what you mean. Would you try again? Other than your own opinion of what you say that the Holy Spirit has resumed you where do you find authority for what you believe?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by krp
[quote=IZH27

Kent[/quote]

I did not say reply that they had entered your mind. I simply asked if they had or if that was a practice that you participate in.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
This is a tough crowd.[Linked Image from iconicauctions.com]

Not really. Most people believe what they believe based on personal opinion. It is extremely rare in these threats to see anyone that claims Christianity going back and saying I believe this because this is what scripture teaches. There is simply no evidence for that being the model, for our faith is to be practiced.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
[quote=IZH27

Kent

I did not say reply that they had entered your mind. I simply asked if they had or if that was a practice that you participate in.[/quote]

They enter your mind, which is a reflection of you not me.

Kent

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Maybe you good folks are that much smarter than I.
I just Believe.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Maybe you good folks are that much smarter than I.
I just Believe.

Don't put me in that group, I've constantly advocated for the inclusionary of Christ for simple open belief.

I'm just willing to argue for it.

Kent

Page 18 of 108 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugeman, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 47 invisible), 1,903 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,577
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.