Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well, I thought there was call to raise NR tag price? I guess not?

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by Judman
Looks like we’ll see how the $2000 special bull tags sell next year in Wyoming
I'd bet that everyone will be sold.

Yep they sure will.
Still reasonably priced elk tags in Wyoming , just do your homework.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I would say our game and fish doesn't have any extra $. You folks don't realize the sht they have to deal with do to things like the Endangered species act. Millions of dollars spent of things like the black footed ferret. Hunting costs money as a resident I am darn sure I pay more for all of my tags than you do for you state's hunting license. Either pay or go somewhere else.

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I would say our game and fish doesn't have any extra $. You folks don't realize the sh@t they have to deal with do to things like the Endangered species act. Millions of dollars spent of things like the black footed ferret. Hunting costs money as a resident I am darn sure I pay more for all of my tags than you do for you state's hunting license. Either pay or go somewhere else.

So, $4K for NR tag?

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I guess!

Molon Labe
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I would bet a vast majority of Wyoming residents would be willing to pay 100 or 200% more than they do now if it meant less NR hunters.

I can't blame them either.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I would say our game and fish doesn't have any extra $. You folks don't realize the sh@t they have to deal with do to things like the Endangered species act. Millions of dollars spent of things like the black footed ferret. Hunting costs money as a resident I am darn sure I pay more for all of my tags than you do for you state's hunting license. Either pay or go somewhere else.

So, $4K for NR tag?

TR, I guess it would depend on the unit, if I would pay that or not.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pointer
Looks like we’ll see how the $2000 special bull tags sell next year in Wyoming
I'd bet that everyone will be sold.

You’re right, they will. The regular odds will go to shiit, hopefully the special odds will get better. The antelope and deer at $1200 a pop In special will get better I’m sure

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So, $4K for NR tag?

TR, I guess it would depend on the unit, if I would pay that or not.

Correction, not that it’s all about me, but the taste of quality animals, with limited people, sure is appealing. Tasted it a couple years ago in Wyoming on our antelope hunt, amazing hunt, didn’t see another hunter, public land for miles. I’d do it every year given the chance

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by WAM
E
2009-2010 was a big bust.it seems like we have two or three good years, then it hits the skids for a couple of seasons. I guess changes in weather, routes, etc. impact the elk movement. Always the “ya shoulda been here last year!”

That was because 2008 winter had a big winter kill. It took CPW two years to mention edit. If they advertise those winter kills NR won't buy the licenses.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The psyche is interesting.

I suppose the system could be pushed until general unit tag demand from NR is non-existent. It seems like that is the desire, but no one will put a number on it.

I'd suggest at $4K, demand drops precipitously for a general unit tag. Of course, you are probably excluding 90% of NR hunters at that price point.

Maybe it's $5-6K.

Rich man's game at some point.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
The psyche is interesting.

I suppose the system could be pushed until general unit tag demand from NR is non-existent. It seems like that is the desire, but no one will put a number on it.

I'd suggest at $4K, demand drops precipitously for a general unit tag. Of course, you are probably excluding 90% of NR hunters at that price point.

Maybe it's $5-6K.

Rich man's game at some point.

And there lies the problem. It's a rich mans game and that is no good. There are comments here that even say it should be $2,000 or even $4,000, pay it or stay home... Well, ok , maybe we will stay home, but where would that get the west states? Some here from the west think that the world revolves around elk and deer tags... I got news for them. We ALL need each other. NO? Ok, little story here. I had relatives in central Wis. where my dad was born. I used to hear uncles snicker at me cause I "was from the city"... Guess where they went when they got sick?? Yep, Milwaukee. They said several times, " Don't need nuthin from the city"... As they got in their GMC pickup.... with a Pabst Blue Ribbon in their hand. I got news for anyone here that seems snide that they
"live in elk country". You need us a lot more than we need you, and thats a fact. No? Ok, you'll just shoot elk and raise my beef... YA, you think so? Where will you get your gas? Many think it comes from the gas station down the road... Ya? HAH, that gas comes from the city. The additives, the tires, steel, tranny, oil, gear lube, machined parts made in Milwaukee go all over the world. My BIL, works at a place that makes wire tubing that goes in your heart when you need heart surgery Anyone here have heart surgery? He makes paint sprayers and hundreds of other things. Three miles down the road , we have a little shop that makes ,,,,,, ,, wait for it,, springs ,, yes they ship all over the world. They might be in the tractor , car , lawn mower you have. .. ... and ,,, and as much as I hate Chitcago,,, I admit , I need Chitcago,, and so does everyone on this sight... Why? It gets plain to see if you ever drive through there. Many commenters here think it is just black people killing each other . Going down I 94, there is industry for 50 miles. Yep, from the last farm field you see to the next one you see , is at least 50 miles. If Chitcago fell into Lake Michigan , it would stop the supply chain in this country like you wouldnt believe. I hate to admit this, but then New Orleans, New York City, San Fran And San Diego , Miami. Much of Everything goes through half a dozen cities in this country... OK , you're a farmer, no farmers , no food.. True, then you make the 6' high 2' wide Good Year tires on your farm tractor without anything from the city and do it without ANY subsidies... Deal?? Oh, and that diesel fuel ,,, likely comes from Houston , 4th biggest city in the country.. MAN IS THAT A BIG CITY! The steel , from South Korea, China, Ohio , Pittsgurg ETC.. comes into the ports. I know people who work there and on the rail road to get you supplies. I support them by remodeling and fixing their houses so they can live there. YOU NEED US WAY MORE THAN WE NEED TO HUNT ELK. SO, you have elk huh??? You should be glad to have us come there and hunt elk, cause we could buy most of you out, and live there. OH,, I'm laughing already!! You aint selling? Yes, you are from what I hear, and no one is taking it with them. Later, ihookem.

Last edited by ihookem; 03/15/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Well if the world doesn't revolve around elk tags. You have no problem. Ohio is a great place for you.

Molon Labe
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I don't know where Ohio came from but I live in Wisconsin. And Ohio can be a great place to live and so is Wisconsin, and you would starve if it was not for the cities. And again, the world does not revolve around elk tags. You learned something today.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
We learned your meds wear off later in the afternoon.

Paragraphs make for more enjoyable reading, otherwise it is just rambling.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ihookem
YOU NEED US WAY MORE THAN WE NEED TO HUNT ELK. SO, .

So how many fewer NR's will apply? It's only been going up for years.....

Prediction, more will apply than there are tags available, and you'll still have a case of the "red azz". I get why you are upset, living in "tax hell" and not having elk to hunt. That's a double kick to the nutz.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 03/16/23.
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Yes it is tax hell, and no elk,,, however we have some real good deer hunting , some bear and much better fishing. Just the way it is here . I can be in Canada every year if I want... No thanks, Minnesota bear every year or very cheap, no thanks. I started fishing the Bay of Green Bay and like it. The Great Lakes is some of the best trout and salmon in the country,, maybe the best. Again,, I can go live there is I want. I can afford to live anywhere, and likely right down the road to anyone in Wyoming. Honestly, the best way is if you drew a tag for a state that has less tags than applications you wait 3 yrs. This can get some here mad,, they think they need to go every year. Dont go a few years , and do something else. You might find it kind of nice to not go if you have gone many times. I have a nephew that lived in Wyoming . He hated it. Lots of antelope though. I certainly dont see it like most , and it is cause my treasures are not on this earth.
Also, I dont take any meds.. Never never did. However, that reminds me of a thread a few years back on what meds people are on... Many posters here wrote back and it was amazing the anti depressants people here were taking...

Last edited by ihookem; 03/16/23.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
blah blah blah blah.

More nonsensical ramblings

Boomers these days lol

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 03/16/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't know where Ohio came from but I live in Wisconsin. And Ohio can be a great place to live and so is Wisconsin, and you would starve if it was not for the cities. And again, the world does not revolve around elk tags. You learned something today.

I’m in rural southern CA still drive into the city everyday to make a living, but like many here I won’t be starving any time soon. A well, solar power, grow & produce our vegetables, fruit, eggs etc on our own. We have enough small & big game available & can trade with neighbors for other items - have wood cooking & heating.

Do I want to do without the modern conveniences - no. Can I do so without starving - yes & indefinitely.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
There are indeed people who think they need to hunt elk every year. I am one of them. I moved to Colorado in 74 so I could. As I aged, I changed tactics, gear, etc. Now as I will be 80 this year, I am very limited, but I will still do my darnedest to go. I might only be able to get 50-75 yards from my mule, but I will watch the sunrise and the forest come live, and put it to bed at night. If an elk comes by I will take it home with me.If not, I will still enjoy the hunt.Those that are city dwellers don't have a clue about that..

People think every thing comes from the city, but everything we use or eat comes from rural areas It is grown in the dirt, mined from the dirt, or drilled into the dirt. If it were not for farming, ranching, mining, drilling, city people would not survive.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.