Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 108 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 107 108
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by WMR
You might want to consider ignoring some folks. Trolls lose their power if they go unfed. They have no power over you that you do not give them.

I slowly learned that lesson....

Illegitimi non carborundum

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by WMR
You might want to consider ignoring some folks. Trolls lose their power if they go unfed. They have no power over you that you do not give them.

Funny how DBT can not answer my question hey?

It is a stupid, pointless question though, you gotta admit.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WMR

I don’t know him much. Some of what he posts seems sensible. I try not to get too far in the weeds. My faith is not fragile and I don’t expect to “convert” anyone. My only job is to share the Word. What another does with it is between him and God.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

I don’t know him much. Some of what he posts seems sensible. I try not to get too far in the weeds. My faith is not fragile and I don’t expect to “convert” anyone. My only job is to share the Word. What another does with it is between him and God.

WMR...very admirable.....

Illegitimi non carborundum

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Same question for you DBT.

I understand that you are not a man of faith, but are you a man of your word?

Rather than casting aspersions onto the character of your perceived opponents, try to focus on the issues being raised.

Do you still beat your wife? wink

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WMR

Funny how you ask loaded questions in the expectation that they should be answered.

Do you still beat your wife? wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too bad we can not have a decent conversation without interference from the non-believers that are only here to troll and disrupt.

Maybe I should start a new thread, because I would like to learn more, from you good people, without their constant bloviating.

KB

If the serious Jesus disciples put the trolls on "ignore" we could skip a lot of posts. Remember. Jesus instructed us "don't cast your pearls before Swine" and "don't give what is holy to dogs".

How do we know this? One of His followers wrote it down and it's now in the Bible.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Jesus and His disciples in fact did use the Old Testament. We know from history the disciples writings were copied and shared. Don't you think They were shared in the gathering of holy ones?
Yes, Jesus and His Apostles did leverage the Old Testament when they were trying to sway their Jewish brothers and sisters regarding the good news of the kingdom of God that Jesus was bringin’. But when they were preaching to Gentiles, they clearly were not throwin’ Old Testament verses at em’. Two thousand years ago, in Judea no less, the logistics of writings and copies…and the widespread dissemination of them…wasn’t even close to being as simple as it is nowadays.
Remember the early church founders had a meeting and issued at least one proclamation. Don't you think other proclamations followed? Some of those proclamations became the New Testament.
Yes, they (Peter and James in particular) proclaimed that Gentile Christians are not obligated to become Jews and abide by the Old Testament. And Peter made it clear that even Jewish Christians received salvation the same way that Gentile Christians do ~ by the grace of Jesus alone, and ‘not’ by abiding by the Mosaic Law. I’m not anti-Bible at all. I’m simply asserting that the Bible is ‘not’ the foundation of Christianity, and it never has been. I absolutely believe that the historical New Testament manuscripts are accurate and reliable accounts of actual events that were documented by eyewitnesses, and by those (like Luke) who thoroughly investigated and interviewed eyewitnesses.
There is no one alive on earth who met Jesus or His original apostles. For hundreds of years the only way to know about Jesus was from some one with a Bible or who used Bible information.
OK. Likewise, we know about science and math and history from science and math and history books. But the science and math and history don’t exist because of those books, those books exist because of the science and math and history. Science and math and history would still exist…and still be true…even if none of those books existed. It is the same with Christianity and the Bible.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Casting aspersions, I have done no such thing, I am simply asking you if you are a man or your word?

Seems like you are struggling with the most basic of questions.

KB

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

The 'Troll' accusation is false, it's just a means of dismissing opposition and closing down reasonable questioning of beliefs.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Puts holy chit to a whole new meaning... hope there isn't an eternal TP shortage.

Kent

God is Infinite. He says stomachs will be done away.

Don't forget. Jesus ate after the resurrection.

Yet the body is not for immorality...

I mean if you are going to site the verse finish it off.

Kent

How does that add to the idea Jesus ate after the resurrection?

That doesn't relate to we being reunited in our existing body... are you claiming 3 days after we die we will sit down and eat again with our family to prove our resurrection?

Kent

You are very argumentative.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

The 'Troll' accusation is false, it's just a means of dismissing opposition and closing down reasonable questioning of beliefs.

Are you man of your word?

KB

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Casting aspersions, I have done no such thing, I am simply asking you if you are a man or your word?

Seems like you are struggling with the most basic of questions.

So you don't understand inference?

For instance:

Are you stll beating your wife? I ask this in order to determine your character.

Why won't you answer my question?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

Are you man of your word?

I am. Not that it is any of your business and that your question is disingenuous and I should not have indulged you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not even married!

Are you a man of your word?

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KillerBee,

I noticed on page 33 on my phone every post is on "ignore". They didn't bother me or interupe my pleasure brought up by the brothers.

May I encourage you in this area.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by antlers
Likewise, we know about science and math and history from science and math and history books. But the science and math and history don’t exist because of those books, those books exist because of the science and math and history. Science and math and history would still exist…and still be true…even if none of those books existed. It is the same with Christianity and the Bible.

No-one disputes Christianity and the Bible existing. Difference between those and science and maths etc is that science and maths are demonstrable. The stories in the Bible and Christianity are either not supported by evidence, or often evidence to the contrary.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
KillerBee,

I noticed on page 33 on my phone every post is on "ignore". They didn't bother me or interupe my pleasure brought up by the brothers.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Ignore is easier than thinking.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by super T
…what makes Christianity truly unique in a very important way and provides its fundamental basis is the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Without it Christianity does not exist, and our faith is useless.
Yep. Absolutely. Christianity is not based on something that was written. Christianity is based on something that happened. ..

Yet faith is not evidence of a tall story that allegedly
happened..Historians like Bart Ehrman that you quote
do not substantiate miracle/supernatural claims from
superstition based societies of classic antiquity.
Bart Ehrman is very clear on that matter.

and Apologetic drivel doesn't cut the mustard.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KillerBee,

Thanks fir your input, I like it. I Don't have anyone on ignore, not afraid of anyone's point of view. Don't you find it fascinating that mauserand9mm can't even answer a basic question and we are to believe that he has all the answers lol, the gentleman must have serious issues. Either that or he lives his life in fear, or a combination of both.

KB

Page 23 of 108 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 47 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,577
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.