Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Yea, I hear ya on the financial hole. My very 1st house mortgage when Carter was Prez was 12.75%. Worked hard staying the course, and when I could refied out of that hole.

I think the key there was worked hard and stayed the course, not expect a bailout from .guv <ie, student loan forgiveness as an example>

GOA
GB1

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Me and wifey married in 05 I was 20 yrs old had saved my moneys and had us a nice single wide and 5 acres.Worked my ass off for that and appreciated it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I had read before how the 2008 crash really hurt the millenials bad.

Something about years of work experience lost that couldn't be replaced.

Plus the financial hole they got to start in on top of that.

Just bad timing I guess!

I dont recall....was too busy working. Also, as a millennial....I don't claim Jill.

Last edited by AKduck; 03/18/23.

Yup.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don’t really blame them. Her conclusions are all wrong but it has undoubtedly sucked for them. On the other hand, as an X’er who will never get to retire, I don’t have much sympathy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just another brain dead leftist. This is just one of many similar quotes from her twitter page.

"The GOP obsession with "parental rights" is so extreme that it includes the rights of parents and teachers to beat children, to marry their children off (or, to put it more bluntly, to allow their daughters to be raped by adult men), and to make kids work long hours for pay."

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's really too bad the generation that lost everything to the Great Depression and fought WWII aren't still around to shame the Whining Hordes of the Entitled---and that includes plenty of folks from the Baby Boom Generation forward.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I am an X-er, been working since I was a kid, at first to help Dad keep food on the table, then to sustain myself, and later, a wife and two kids. Took me until now (50) to get to the “good life”. Got a 40 acre place with a formerly run down house I made so much better nobody recognizes it, a nice truck, good tools, nice guns, some cows, pigs and chickens, a good dog, and a job that keeps promoting me and raising my pay. Not bad for a guy who has no degree and was self employed for twenty years, even through the 2008 thing that hurt me bad.

My wife is same as me, worked at helping feed the family as a kid, and we have remodeled three places together and built one custom home and shop from the ground up. She does bookkeeping from home, and we are starting another business right now. Kids are both grown and successful at their own thing, life is good.

Life is good because we worked our tails off to make it so. We had it harder than some, better than others. Still do. Always will. Never bothered to complain, never saw it do anyone else any good….

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Men, we are Blessed to be alive.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
This Jill, the author of the book “OK Boomer, Let’s Talk: How My Generation Got Left Behind” and the commentary posted for discussion here, makes her money writing gloom and doom. No way for me to know any different, but she must make a decent income.

But, what she writes must be gloom and doom for her target audience to sustain that income. IMO there is no way Jill "Got Left Behind".

Meanwhile, she smiles, gets paid, and by the content of what she writes promotes FJB good, Conservative Republican bad, we millennials got cheated.

Her audience swallows this as gospel.

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How did they vote?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life socks.
For everyone at some time, in some way.
Deal with it.

Or dont.

Either way, STFU!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
She could try prostitution, lots of Boomers will pay good money or some young snatch........

She has options.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When opportunity comes knocking, most young folks run and hide- - - - - -it's disguised as hard work and personal responsibility. They think it's as deadly as a case of the plague!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HughW
Millennial’s are an interesting group. Both of our children are in that category. Both have good jobs - one owns her home, the son has a rental and another home that he is working on. Their friends are all solid for jobs, families and homes.

They openly talk about the “other” category of millennials - entitled, complaining, not enough being done for them. Looks like the author would fall in their other category.

Being a boomer I can also attest to many boomers wanting increased hand outs and openly stating they are hard done by. So the feeling of being entitled to my entitlements is not just a generational issue.

That is my take too.
I know plenty of millennials that have solid careers and lead respectable, debt free lives. I also know more than one boomer and Gen X who has lived off the system their entire lives and constantly play the victim card.

I do believe boomers are who really started the credit card debt avalanche and made it ‘acceptable’ in today’s world to be 10s of thousands of $ in CC debt, but that is a different discussion.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
6 weeks off per year to suck dick on Spuzz Newburg and crush 190" bone.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin
The issue I'm not sure younger people realize is that the expectations of a middle class lifestyle are higher than ever. These days, even poor people have thousand dollar phones, big screen TV and A/C.

I'm not sure that in the history of the world, poor people have ever been so fat, pampered and coddled.

Back in Jan I was in Phoenix for work.
Waked under the freeway underpass one day to grab a bite to eat.
There are plenty of dirty homeless there, many with an iPhone begging for food outside of restaurants. One literally had a needle in their arm while playing on their phone.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Some of the things she spouted are of her own making.

No one told them to go spend 6,8 or more years getting a degree for something that don't have a future.

And there is the got to have it now ,can't save up for it folks.

Yep many things are made by themselves.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Couldnt be more garbage in the article. Its hilarious that she can bring up the affect of the 2008, which was early in their saving career but fails to mentiion one of the longest bull runs in history following it.... literally 12-13 years of great returns. She also fails to mention how they are the generation that wanted to NOT be homeowners, they wanted experiences, they wanted to entertain and have dinners out, they wanted memories and experiences, not property ownership like the "boomers". Now.... they figure out they want a home and things are really expensive. She also takes no fault in voting in bad policies that kill our economy and hurts peoples employment etc. She does conveniently say they have done "everything right". She highlights a common theme though, playing the victim. In a time where there are more self made millionaires than ever, they are complaining it cant be done.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
While that pathetic editorial might be an accurate although generalized “snap-shot” of millennial attitudes I will say that the “Gimme-dats” are not only relegated to millennials. I’ve noticed a tremendous amount of that selfish attitude among the boomer generation as well. As mentioned previously, not every millennial has that attitude and certainly not every boomer has that attitude but it’s becoming more common across the board.imho. Selfishness and lack of responsibility must be contagious.

The me-me attitude is infuriating but I’m also growing more annoyed with the new “I feel”. The 20-30 group states their opinions as “I feel like…” or they word it in such a way as to turn their opinions into feelings because you can’t argue the ignorance of their feelings like you could an opinion.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well said Ace!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 60 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,065
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.