Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 108 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 107 108
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Does anyone want to see a picture of mauserand9mm, found it yesterday after searching an Aussie site?

KB
No, I want to see pictures of that Mennonite girl that came to church with Ringman.

When I was in school we had some Pentecostal girls that were good looking even without makeup and wearing those long blue denim skirts.

LOL, why didn't you ask her to marry you?

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/20/23.

KB

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Reminds me of something Jesus said...

They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.

Kent

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I guess the same would apply to men, women off all ages. "Pretty is, is pretty does."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Does anyone want to see a picture of mauserand9mm, found it yesterday after searching an Aussie site?

KB
No, I want to see pictures of that Mennonite girl that came to church with Ringman.

When I was in school we had some Pentecostal girls that were good looking even without makeup and wearing those long blue denim skirts.

LOL, why didn't you ask her to marry you?

KB
Oh no. When you marry a girl you also marry the family. Besides that, I take my women places where they need to be wearing pants. You know, in boats, on horses, outside in high wind, climbing ladders. Besides that we live in fire ant, red bug, and tick country, not to mention pit vipers. You need long pants inside your boots in warm weather.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Ringman
antlers,

What do you think about the example of someone's mind or Satan answering their prayer? Whose spirit led the lady to drop modestness?
I think that when one seeks God the Father/God the Son/God the Holy Spirit with all of their heart, soul, mind, and might…that they will most certainly find God the Father/God the Son/God the Holy Spirit. That’s the assurance that is given by the Creator. And the result of ‘that’ will be evidenced by the goodness (or ‘fruit’)…however it is manifested…that it produces.

I agree with your statement. But I couldn't tie it to my question so I read it to my wife. She got a quizzical look on her face and said, "What?" Maybe you could answer the question in a more straight up manner. Did the lady get her answer from her mind, Satan, or God?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
antlers,

What do you think about the example of someone's mind or Satan answering their prayer? Whose spirit led the lady to drop modestness?
I think that when one seeks God the Father/God the Son/God the Holy Spirit with all of their heart, soul, mind, and might…that they will most certainly find God the Father/God the Son/God the Holy Spirit. That’s the assurance that is given by the Creator. And the result of ‘that’ will be evidenced by the goodness (or ‘fruit’)…however it is manifested…that it produces.

I agree with your statement. But I couldn't tie it to my question so I read it to my wife. She got a quizzical look on her face and said, "What?" Maybe you could answer the question in a more straight up manner. Did the lady get her answer from her mind, Satan, or God?

How about this. Did that couple who questioned the girl about her attire get their instruction from God, Satan or did they just pull it out of their ass?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Serious question, what is a Christian?

I ask that question because I believe in God, Jesus is my lord and savior and I follow the 10 commandments as a lifestyle choice.

I do not believe in organized religion, and for that reason, I do not attend church, but I do pray daily. On Christmas day the first thing I do when I wake up is to light a candle which I burn all day until I go to sleep in order to celebrate Jesus's birthday. I do not participate in the commercialization of Christmas and consider it an obscene money grab.

The question I asked above, is an honest one because I call myself a non-traditional Christian. I grew up in a household of atheists, I am the only member in my family that has faith.

Was wondering if you gentlemen and women of faith would consider me a Christian?

Thank you ~ KB

KB,
I see you are French Canadian....
Sorry.
He had to draw the line somewhere.....

or not.

Have Dog

Will Travel

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
To me, if the version of Christianity that so many people know about currently, or that so many people embrace currently, if it doesn’t strike them as good news, then (again, to me) it’s likely the wrong version.

To me, if the version of Christianity that so many people were raised with, or that so many people walked away from, if it never felt like good news to them, then (again, to me) it was likely the wrong version.

From the beginning of Christianity, and throughout the first three hundred years of Christianity…everything about Jesus…for everybody in the world who chose to follow Jesus, it was good news.

The only people that it threatened were those who stood in contrast, and were contrary to the good news that God had done something for the whole world.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wageslave

I ask that question because I believe in God, Jesus is my lord and savior and I follow the 10 commandments as a lifestyle choice.

I do not believe in organized religion, and for that reason, I do not attend church, but I do pray daily. On Christmas day the first thing I do when I wake up is to light a candle which I burn all day until I go to sleep in order to celebrate Jesus's birthday. I do not participate in the commercialization of Christmas and consider it an obscene money grab.

The question I asked above, is an honest one because I call myself a non-traditional Christian. I grew up in a household of atheists, I am the only member in my family that has faith.

Was wondering if you gentlemen and women of faith would consider me a Christian?

Thank you ~ KB

KB,
Sorry.

or not.

Well that certainly is news to me lol

My Heritage is Scottish/Norwegian/German, not French. I Was born in Ottawa, Ontario.

KB

KB

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Thank you ~ KB

KB,
Sorry.

or not.

Well that certainly is new to me lol

My Heritage is Scottish/Norwegian/German, not French. I Was born in Ottawa, Ontario.

KB

What did you think about the South Park movie?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Thank you ~ KB

KB,
Sorry.
or not.

KB

What is South Park? Never saw that movie, sorry

KB

KB

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Thank you ~ KB

KB,
Sorry.
or not.

KB

What is South Park? Never saw that movie, sorry

KB

Look it up...South Park, The Movie.

There's no Canada like French Canada it's the only Canada in the world...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To me, if the version of Christianity that so many people know about currently, or that so many people embrace currently, if it doesn’t strike them as good news, then (again, to me) it’s likely the wrong version.

To me, if the version of Christianity that so many people were raised with, or that so many people walked away from, if it never felt like good news to them, then (again, to me) it was likely the wrong version.

From the beginning of Christianity, and throughout the first three hundred years of Christianity…everything about Jesus…for everybody in the world who chose to follow Jesus, it was good news.

The only people that it threatened were those who stood in contrast, and were contrary to the good news that God had done something for the whole world.

You sound like a lawyer. You still didn't answer the question I ask.

Christianity is not subjective for Bible believers. I remember reading to a friend's wife about God cursing Eve saying, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth." She said, ,"My God wouldn't do that!"

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Christianity is not subjective for Bible believers. I remember reading to a friend's wife about God cursing Eve saying, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth." She said, ,"My God wouldn't do that!"

Was she wrong?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

"Christianity is not subjective for Bible believers."

Of course, it is. You can't get more than 10 in a room to even agree on what any written scripture says. I certainly don't agree with what you think it says, and I think I'm right just as strongly as you do.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ringman,

We see some things differently, clearly. Some legalistic Christians see the Gospel as a set of rules to live by, and they wanna make sure that others who are followers of Jesus live up to their standards too…they can call it God’s standards all they want to…but more often it’s really ‘their’ standards, or what ‘they’ consider God’s standards to be.

I see that as goofiness run amuck. That's not what Jesus taught at all. It’s clear from the Bible that none of us can do well enough tryin’ to obey a buncha rules, and that none of us can ‘behave’ our way into Heaven. You can’t, your wife can’t, that elderly Mennonite pastor and his wife can’t, the younger Mennonite couple can’t, I certainly can’t, and neither can anybody else.

I think the whole point is to trust in Jesus, and not ourselves. I don’t give two flips about a set of rules passed down from the Law of Moses, including the Ten Commandments, or whatever set of rules you find in the New Testament either. What I do care about, and need, is an inward guide…the Holy Spirit…that Jesus Himself sent to lead His followers in the correct way every single day of their lives.

Situations change, and covenants clearly changed, but God Himself doesn't, and what He wants us to do in our lives might be very different from what He wanted Peter or James or John to do in their lives 2000 years ago. I absolutely believe that Jesus wants His followers be led by the Holy Spirit that He gave to them to do just that. And when His followers get to ‘that’ point, it is ridiculous (to me) for them to get so worked up over something like the situation that you presented to me regarding those Mennonites and dressing modestly.

If Jesus’ followers are truly ‘born again’ and seekers of truth, then they’ll know what is right by the very Spirit of God that lives in them. To me, a one on one relationship with the Spirit of Truth…the one who is alive ‘right now’ inside of Jesus’ followers…is of supreme importance.

I’m not interested in a buncha legalistic bullcrap that leads to nothing but the type of judgement of others that the Pharisees practiced, and were castigated by Jesus Himself for doing so.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No it wasn't good news for Xtians when cosmic
Jesus failed to return in believers lifetimes as
promised: (Matthew 16: 27-28).

Your favorite Prof.Bart Ehrman says Jesus failed
in the promise pure and simple and Xtians since Paul
have been compensating/making lame excuses ever
since.

Prof.Bart Ehrman's "Forged" publication says;

"Paul thought the end was coming in his lifetime. Nowhere is this more clear
than in 1 Thessalonians. Paul wrote to the Christians in Thessalonica because
some of them had become disturbed over the death of a number of their fellow
believers. When he converted these people, Paul had taught them that the end
of the age was imminent and that they were to enter the kingdom when Jesus
returned, but members of the congregation had died before it happened.

Paul wrote to assure the survivors that even those who have died will be
brought into the kingdom. In fact, when Jesus returns in glory on the clouds
of heaven, "the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who remain,
will be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Maybe I'm childlike, to me it's not that complicated.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark

"Christianity is not subjective for Bible believers."

Of course, it is. You can't get more than 10 in a room to even agree on what any written scripture says. I certainly don't agree with what you think it says, and I think I'm right just as strongly as you do.

Maybe you could help me understand what the many Scriptures teach about agreeing; starting with 1 Corinthians 1:10. There are many. God, in His Word says He is not a God of confusion but a God of order. Or does that not mean what was written?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Maybe I'm childlike, to me it's not that complicated.

Do you still attend a church with a woman pastor? If so, it becomes complicated based on 1 Timothy 2:12-14.

Everyday Hunter
Page 30 of 108 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1234, 59 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,229
Posts18,524,760
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.