Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 108 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 107 108
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The name calling and insults from both sides do nothing for either side but provoke hard feelings.

I am a Christian. That is my choice and I am not afraid to state it but I have not played the bad mouthing game and I will not stupe to that level.

Don't believe there is a God, that is your choice and if you were a neighbor we could still be friend without even bringing the subject up. I see no advantage to stupe to the pit this thread has become.

Grow up guys.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
The name calling and insults from both sides do nothing for either side but provoke hard feelings.

I am a Christian. That is my choice and I am not afraid to state it but I have not played the bad mouthing game and I will not stupe to that level.

Don't believe there is a God, that is your choice and if you were a neighbor we could still be friend without even bringing the subject up. I see no advantage to stupe to the pit this thread has become.

Grow up guys.

I don't want any part of it. Never did. I found that if you don't sling it back it just emboldens the good Christians to apply even more pressure. A free license to insult and ridicule anyone daring to offer another perspective.

The aim is to discourage questioning and debate and run the 'offenders off the site.'

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
There are plenty of Christians that have stitched so much onto Jesus that he wouldn't recognize himself.

Yourself included?
Maybe so, but I try to stick to what Jesus himself declared about himself and his purpose and filter out that that doesn't jive.

Also I accept the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew which clearly lists Joseph as Jesus father and traces him back to David through Solomon. Interestingly there were 2 non Jewish women in Jesus' ancestry. Rahab and Ruth.

We have nothing written by Jesus. Everything was written decades after the described events.
Probably so but most of what we have on say Alexander the Great was written by someone else later. With written history just like any story it's a good idea to look for discrepancies.

Sure, but having multiple independent lines of evidence helps to determine what happened in that time and place. There is not much doubt that there was a conqueror by the name of Alexander of Macedon, son of Philip who carved out an empire.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
We have nothing written by Jesus. Everything was written decades after the described events.

Probably so but most of what we have on say Alexander the Great was written by someone else later. With written history just like any story it's a good idea to look for discrepancies.

Intersting information....Alexander the Great was an ancient Macedonian ruler and one of history’s greatest military minds...By 323 B.C., Alexander was head of an enormous empire and had recovered from the devastating loss of his friend Hephaestion—who was also reputed to be one of Alexander’s homosexual male lovers.

Thanks to his insatiable urge for world supremacy, he started plans to conquer Arabia. But he’d never live to see it happen. After surviving battle after fierce battle, Alexander the Great died in June 323 B.C. at age 32.

Sources
Alexander the Great. Ancient History Encyclopedia.
Alexander the Great. Livius.org.
Alexander the Great of Macedon Biography. Historyofmacedonia.org.
Alexander of Macedonia. San Jose State University.
Bucephalus. Ancient History Encyclopedia.

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Our best surviving historical narrative of the life of Alexander the Great comes from nearly five hundred years after his death. And nobody doubts the accuracy of it.

Historical narratives of the lives of people from ancient history are still being written to this very day. And nobody doubts the accuracy of em’.

The historical documents that comprise the New Testament were written by people who were eyewitness to the events, or by people who thoroughly investigated and interviewed the eyewitnesses to the events.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DBT
There is not much doubt that there was a conqueror by the name of Alexander of Macedon, son of Philip who carved out an empire.

Yeah but you can’t prove it. By your “reasoning” he didn’t exist because you are relying on the words of other people from hundreds and hundreds of years ago….prove it or you are simply parroting bullshit from unreliable distant sources.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Our best surviving historical narrative of the life of Alexander the Great comes from nearly five hundred years after his death. And nobody doubts the accuracy of it.

Historical narratives of the lives of people from ancient history are still being written to this very day. And nobody doubts the accuracy of em’.

The historical documents that comprise the New Testament were written by people who were eyewitness to the events, or by people who thoroughly investigated and interviewed the eyewitnesses to the events.

Narratives and especially "manifestos" differ.

The Christian/God narrative isnt the atheist narrative.

It is never incumbent upon people of Faith to prove there is a Creator.

It is incumbent upon people to disprove the existence of a Creator/Creation relationship by explaining exactly where everything that is matter within the universe came from if not from that Creator.... to say nothing of a limitless universe that Creation resides within.

Science has yet to satisfy that as I see it.

Simply claiming God doesnt exist , is pretty much just a contrary opinion , without the proof.

.... like tears in the rain
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Talking snakes, talking donkeys, walking on water, resurrection....fable level material.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

It is incumbent upon people to disprove the existence of a Creator/Creation relationship by explaining exactly where everything that is matter within the universe came from if not from that Creator.... to say nothing of a limitless universe that Creation resides within.

Simply claiming God doesnt exist , is pretty much just a contrary opinion , without the proof.

Don't know what rock you've been hiding under but science has displaced god in many of the tales in the good book of fables. Man created god and now he/she/they/it is in the process of being rescinded - not by force but by natural selection.

Well?
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by maumserand9mm

Don't know what rock you've been hiding under but science has displaced god in many of the tales in the good book of fables. Man created god and now he/she/they/it is in the process of being rescinded - not by force but by natural selection.

You do realize that you are an azzhole right maumserand9mm?

You have been blathering on and on and on and on! Do you actually think that any of your posts will ever make us Christians change our belief system, because of your constant assault on the bible?

If you think that your posts will make the slightest difference in how we think and comport ourselves, you are sadly mistaken.

Go hump a Kangaroo.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/23/23.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Once again the atheists are put in the position of proving a negative which in this case cannot be done. Not endorsing atheism at all but in most cases a negative cannot be proved.

And all the faith in the world by and of believers absent physical proof is not going to change them.

A lot of what I read here written by Jesus' friends could certainly reinforce an atheist's skepticism.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am having a hard time figuring out why my beliefs of God hurts some non believers.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by maumserand9mm

You do realize that you are an azzhole right maumserand9mm?

You have been blathering on and on and on and on! Do you actually think that any of your posts will ever make us Christians change our belief system, because of your constant assault on the bible?

If you think that your posts will make the slightest difference in how we think and comport ourselves, you are sadly mistaken.

Go hump a Kangaroo.

KB

There, there. If you can't provide a valid response to the argument, why not just go for personal attack? That's what a few here from Team Jesus seem to do anyway - I don't think they'll ever change.

Well?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am having a hard time figuring out why my beliefs of God hurts some non believers.

The answer is simple Scott F, they have no "Faith", and they are lost. Must suck to be them.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/23/23.

KB

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Being told that we are all born evil is not a good start

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-secular-life/201408/does-christianity-harm-children

We're trying to help you guys see the light.

Well?
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Simply claiming God doesn't exist, is pretty much just a contrary opinion, without the proof.
I agree. Wholeheartedly. And the assertion that you can’t prove a negative is flat-out 100% wrong. We prove the nonexistence of things on a regular basis. So you ‘can’ prove a negative, at least as much as you can prove anything at all.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

And, there it is.
Evangelism in reverse.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by KillerBee

The answer is simple Scott F, they have no "Faith", and they are lost. Must suck to be them.

KB

We don't need faith, and life is great without it. Your lot spents much time bent out of shape and angry.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by WTM45

And, there it is.
Evangelism in reverse.

Or sarcasm maybe?

Well?
Page 37 of 108 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,237
Posts18,524,883
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.