W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Are you guys serious?

Parents buy their already troubled 15 year old a handgun and give it to him to keep and store with no restrictions on it?

I gave my kid a gun pellet gun when he was 8. Yes, it was "his" but it was fugging well locked up where he couldn't get it when he wasn't using it under my supervision.

Give your fugging heads a shake.
What do you know about this case? Just generalities, ginned up by the prosecutor?
I wouldn't trust anything put out by the MSM on this. It reminds me too much of a guy having a "Take a number" hand grenade display, getting raised, and the news saying he had a possible destructive device explosive.
He’s from Canada they don’t have nor understand that whole “Shall Not Be Infringed” thing up there.

What a load of crap. Point me to the place in the 2nd that gives 15 year old's unlimited rights to own handguns.

They gave the kid a gun then didn't ensure it was inaccessible to him. There's nothing about him stealing it from a nightstand, nothing about him shooting his mother to get into her gun safe. They didn't act like responsible parents.

You gonna argue that they should have let him start puberty-blockers and hormones because he wanted to be a girl, too?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Michigan folks, help me out with some info before I comment on this subject.

A: Is it legal for a 15 year old minor to possess a handgun in MI? While not under direct supervision of an adult or guardian?

B: Is there a negligent homicide crime in MI? Or something substantially similar?

C: Can a negligent act in MI rise to the level of manslaughter?

Were I to be empaneled on a jury in MI, these are questions I would want answered before I could decide any type of verdict.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad

A: Is it legal for a 15 year old minor to possess a handgun in MI? While not under direct supervision of an adult or guardian?

B: Is there a negligent homicide crime in MI? Or something substantially similar?

Were I to be empaneled on a jury in MI, these are questions I would want answered before I could decide any type of verdict.

How old do I have to be in order to legally own a pistol in Michigan?MCL 28.422 Eighteen (18) years of age. However, Federal law prohibits a federally licensed firearms dealer from selling a pistol to anyone under the age of twenty-one (21).

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a .357 when I was 15. Dad bought a press so I could load for it too. Kept it in my bedroom.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is one of those debates over a ruling that could be 'very' justified in some cases and not at all in others.

One thing is for certain, going forward it'd be applied to all the wrong cases.

In one of the older school shooting cases the kid had broken into his Grandfather's gun safe to aquire the guns used.

Should the Grandfather be prosecuted because the kid was able to defeat the Grandfather's gun safe?

It'll be Pandora's box once opened.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Valsdad

How old do I have to be in order to legally own a pistol in Michigan?MCL 28.422 Eighteen (18) years of age. However, Federal law prohibits a federally licensed firearms dealer from selling a pistol to anyone under the age of twenty-one (21).

What about "possession"?

In other words, can a 15 year old, even given his parents' permission, have possession of a handgun while not under the direct supervision of an adult?

In some states that, in and of itself, is a criminal act.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by JeffA
This is one of those debates over a ruling that could be 'very' justified in some cases and not at all in others.

In one of the older school shooting cases the kid had broken into his Grandfather's gun safe to aquire the guns used.

Should the Grandfather be prosecuted because the kid was able to defeat the Grandfather's gun safe?

The question is, did they take all reasonable precautions in the circumstances? I'd say the grandfather did.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shall not be infringed is pretty straightforward.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by 1minute
I too think the parents were indeed reckless. Holding an individual responsible for the actions of another, however, is too much of a stretch in my book.

I'm fine with such where one is a participant though. I.e. driving the getaway car or standing watch as crimes are committed.
Exactly.

The parents may well be dimwits but they didn’t pull the trigger and didn’t expect their child to either. As someone else said if they’re going to charge these parents they need to start charging the parents of every gangbanger in Detroit and Chicago too.

its not against the law to be a dimwit in this country..... EVERY DemocRAT in the nation is proof of that...
Their biggest example sits in the Oval Office right now...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Is a 15 year old "the people"?

Heller doesn't seem to say so:
https://harvardlawreview.org/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/vol126_the_people_in_the_constitution.pdf

": Heller could be viewed as changing the meaning of “the
people” throughout the Bill of Rights by limiting “the people” to
“members of the political community,” which might be interpreted to
mean, inter alia, “eligible voters.”

Can 15 year old's vote?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The question is, did they take all reasonable precautions in the circumstances? I'd say the grandfather did.

Sure, but that won't stop someone from attempting to prosecute such an individual by pointing at this case for example.

If not held responsible will these Michigan parents do this again?
Probably not.

If held responsible and prosecuted will other ill-responsible parents become responsible parents?
Probably not.

I see nothing to gain but plenty to loose.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Rights come with responsibilities.

Would you fire a gun in the air haphazardly and when the cops show up because you killed a kid 5 blocks over just plead "Muh 2nd!!!"?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sure, but that won't stop someone from attempting to prosecute such an individual by pointing at this case for example.

If not held responsible will these Michigan parents do this again?
Probably not.

If held responsible and prosecuted will other ill-responsible parents become responsible parents?
Probably not.

I see nothing to gain but plenty to loose.
Well said

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

https://harvardlawreview.org/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/vol126_the_people_in_the_constitution.pdf

Can 15 year old's vote?

In America even dead people can vote!

Until we get the corruption out of government and our government abides by our Constitution I’m not interested in 1 more bullshit gun law that is meant to INFRINGE on our rights!

I had all my firearms stored in MY room including my handgun when I was 12. They were MINE and I was RESPONSIBLE for them and their safe use. My respect for firearms was great and my safe handling of them was paramount. I have always loved guns, hunting and the outdoors but it’s because of my passion for those thing that I was always extremely safe. If I’d had a single mishap I’d have lost that privilege long ago but it was far far too important to me to retain my guns so safety was always my first, last and immediate concern.

We’ve become a society that values excuses and victimhood more than it values intelligence, preparedness or responsibility.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Can 15 year old's vote?

In America even dead people can vote!

Until we get the corruption out of government and our government abides by our Constitution I’m not interested in 1 more bullshit gun law that is meant to INFRINGE on our rights!

I had all my firearms stored in MY room including my handgun when I was 12. They were MINE and I was RESPONSIBLE for them and their safe use. My respect for firearms was great and my safe handling of them was paramount. I have always loved guns, hunting and the outdoors but it’s because of my passion for those thing that I was always extremely safe. If I’d had a single mishap I’d have lost that privilege long ago but it was far far too important to me to retain my guns so safety was always my first, last and immediate concern.

We’ve become a society that values excuses and victimhood more than it values intelligence, preparedness or responsibility.

Good post Aces. I'm with you on that!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Would you fire a gun in the air haphazardly and when the cops show up because you killed a kid 5 blocks over just plead "Muh 2nd!!!"?

You've been conditioned to think of stupid schit like the above.

Firing a bullet into the air makes you not in control of the projectile, therefore negligence comes into play.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sure, because all 12 and 15 year old's are competent, responsible people.

Can I quote you guys the next time you rail on about parents letting their kids become trans? Because you're being complete hypocrits.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84
I’m may get roasted over this but the parents are complete scumbags in this and absolutely [bleep] the bed. The school resource officer and staff were incompetent as well.
No roast here, I was just pointing out the inconsistencies in parental rights/expectations/responsibilities.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mac84
I’m may get roasted over this but the parents are complete scumbags in this and absolutely [bleep] the bed. The school resource officer and staff were incompetent as well.

This. In spades.

It ain't the gun, but the mentally f'd up individual behind the trigger and the adults who should know better. Parents should have never gave him that Sig...and they know it. Same thing with the Sandy Hook mother who bought her f'd up kid an AR "because he needs something to do". So he shot her with it.

Stupidass parents, teachers, and admin who can't read sign are fugging up in a big way. The day of, this kid draws pictures in math class of a gun, blood, and writes "the thoughts won't stop, help me". They call the parents in that morning. Parents ask if the kid can stay in class because they have to work. Dad is a Door Dash delivery guy. School says fine. Parents never mention the Sig they just gave him, the school doesn't search his locker or backpack, who knows where the school cop is - it's a failure at every level. The shooting is over by 1pm.

I have two boys - young men now. They were taught at a very young age about guns, gun safety, and about guns in the house. If I ever saw at any point that one of them was in need of mental help, I would've spared no expense to get them that help. If it meant that my firearms had to be stored at my brother's for a time, so be it. It's called parental responsibility. And every one of you reading this who have or had both kids and firearms in your home have shown this responsibility in some way.

So now because of Oxford and MSU(another case where dad knew his kid was batshit crazy, but didn't do anything), we're having a bunch of restrictive guns laws rammed down our throats by the D dominated gov't that targets responsible gun owners in this state so they can prosecute these idiots who aren't. Tail wagging the dog. Again.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 12344mag

You've been conditioned to think of stupid schit like the above.

Firing a bullet into the air makes you not in control of the projectile, therefore negligence comes into play.

Giving a mentally-ill 15 year old free access to a gun makes you not in control of the gun, therefore negligence comes into play.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (264mag, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 33 invisible), 1,421 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,865
Posts18,497,345
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.