-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 43 of 108 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 107 108
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And yet Jesus says, '"And do not fear those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him Who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.'" Matthew 10:28

I will take Jesus' Word over the deceived Holy Spirit pushers here. Jesus says the Holy Spirit will bare witness of Him. And Jesus says the Holy Spirit will guide us into all Truth. It is a modern teaching that each of us can have our own truth. But according to God's laws of logic there can be only one Truth. That's why Apostle Paul write in so many places the Christians should agree and speak the same thing. No where in God's Word do we read anything similar to, "We will agree to disagree."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Him is a bit ambiguous as a literal interpretation... God or Satan?

Kent

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Strict adherence to a list of do’s and don’t’s that legalists ‘still’ get hung up on is NOT what Christian salvation, or following Jesus, is about.

Even Jesus’ closest followers had disagreements among themselves.

There’s ONE requirement for salvation. Period.

And it most certainly doesn’t include agreeing with others…who profess to be Christians…about all aspects of Christian theology.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Prey tell, do you believe Satan can destroy both soul and body? Is Jesus teaching us to fear Satan? Some of us need help understanding what you are conveying.

Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Prey tell, do you believe Satan can destroy both soul and body? Is Jesus teaching us to fear Satan? Some of us need help understanding what you are conveying.

That is about the only verse attributed to Jesus himself about fear, I'm well familiar with it used in this debate... since I was 14.

You claim to be a literalist, explain this literally... fear Him Who is able to destroy both soul and body IN HELL.

I'm not claiming the him is Satan, but doesn't define God either, hell is Satan's realm.

Most likely another misinterpretation... likely about fearing consequences rather than God.

Kent

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Having had the pleasure of spending tome I Kent's home and time spent time with him around a real campfire I can say those who worry about his devotion and love of God worry unnecessary.

As an Orthodox Christion I may worship differently than most here but we all serve the Lord God, The Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit and that is what counts.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
And yet Jesus says, '"And do not fear those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him Who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.'" Matthew 10:28

I will take Jesus' Word over the deceived Holy Spirit pushers here. Jesus says the Holy Spirit will bare witness of Him. And Jesus says the Holy Spirit will guide us into all Truth. It is a modern teaching that each of us can have our own truth. But according to God's laws of logic there can be only one Truth. That's why Apostle Paul write in so many places the Christians should agree and speak the same thing. No where in God's Word do we read anything similar to, "We will agree to disagree."

Amen. Romans 16:17

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Scott F
Having had the pleasure of spending tome I Kent's home and time spent time with him around a real campfire I can say those who worry about his devotion and love of God worry unnecessary.

As an Orthodox Christion I may worship differently than most here but we all serve the Lord God, The Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit and that is what counts.

Hey, hey, hey... I'm trying to project an image here... keep the nice stuff down... lol

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by WTM45

Amen. Romans 16:17

So you agree with Ringman, are a literalist and legalist, 6000 year old earth?

And judge other's salvation on that?

Kent

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Nowhere have I judged anyone's salvation. Never will. Happily I will share the way to it with anyone interested.
I will call out whenever my discernment from the Holy Spirit reveals untruths or incorrect teaching.

There is a serious need for each and every believer to find spiritual leadership and teaching from a true minister, called by God to lead the flock.
Avoiding that teaching while promoting non-attendance in a strong faith-based church which practices "rightly dividing the word of truth" and supports growing in faith is a failure in the daily walk with Christ.

I strongly support being an active participant in the study of God's Word, and interpret it literally as intended.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

That is about the only verse attributed to Jesus himself about fear, I'm well familiar with it used in this debate... since I was 14.

You claim to be a literalist, explain this literally... fear Him Who is able to destroy both soul and body IN HELL.

I'm not claiming the him is Satan, but doesn't define God either, hell is Satan's realm.

Most likely another misinterpretation... likely about fearing consequences rather than God.

Kent

How many times does something appear in Scripture before you give It credence?

Satan is a created being. He had to beg his position before God when God sicked him on Job.

Everyday Hunter
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There is a serious need for each and every believer to find spiritual leadership and teaching from a true minister, called by God to lead the flock.
How much more of a “true minister” can one be than the Holy Spirit itself, that God Himself sent to His followers to minister to them and to guide them into all truth…?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is truth? Is is truth subjective or is truth objective?

Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent

How many times does something appear in Scripture before you give It credence?

Satan is a created being. He had to beg his position before God when God sicked him on Job.

Of course you didn't explain it literally... whatever

You ever consider the implications of Satan appearing to God, whenever he wanted, in the Job story?

I can discuss the minutia of the bible as well as the overall faith in God... you guys seem to ignore many implications of verse when pressed.

Kent

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by antlers
How much more of a “true minister” can one be than the Holy Spirit itself, that God Himself sent to His followers to minister to them and to guide them into all truth…?

Since each and every believer is at different stages, the ministry is necessary in order to assist in that development. Yes, each believer is called to service and has the gift of the Holy Spirit but not every believer is a appropriate level of knowledge and discernment to be attempting to influence or convince other believers. That potential to lead is in each of us but has to be nurtured and developed. A constant process.
Step one is prayer asking for discernment and understanding. The next step is to study under appropriate and adequate ministry.
That's the solution to finding correct interpretation of His Word when there seems to be any conflict.
Outright incorrect interpretation or incorrect teaching must be addressed when the Spirit has made it clear it is wrong.
Ephesians 4

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by antlers

Since each and every believer is at different stages, the ministry is necessary in order to assist in that development. Yes, each believer is called to service and has the gift of the Holy Spirit but not every believer is a appropriate level of knowledge and discernment to be attempting to influence or convince other believers. That potential to lead is in each of us but has to be nurtured and developed. A constant process.
Step one is prayer asking for discernment and understanding. The next step is to study under appropriate and adequate ministry.
That's the solution to finding correct interpretation of His Word when there seems to be any conflict.
Outright incorrect interpretation or incorrect teaching must be addressed when the Spirit has made it clear it is wrong.
Ephesians 4

Are you a minister yourself or at least attended seminary classes? What official teachings do you have to your credit?

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Here's another one for you... are you in literal agreement with Ringman that... God sicked Satan on Job?

Kent

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
No. I have not heard the call to be ordained.
Yes. Both undergraduate and graduate studies. On top of 11 years of grade school private education.
Have been a believer in Christ for 48 years and I fall well short of my own Father's living example.
Working hard to find my way and be a better example to my friends and family.
I have lost a few close friends recently, now realizing I failed to share the gift of Salvation with them when I had the time to do so.
Of that, I will stand judgement.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by krp
Here's another one for you... are you in literal agreement with Ringman that... God sicked Satan on Job?

Kent

Nothing happens without God allowing it. I believe He had a greater purpose behind His allowing the trials and tribulations Satan brought about and Job played his part in that life lesson. We now get to learn from that example and prepare ourselves for whatever comes our way.
I don't have all the answers. I have to accept it as a part of the greater plan.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Truth is simply that which is in accordance with reality and fact. And truth is both objective and subjective. Objective truth can often be seen by others, whereas subjective truth is more personal. Both objective and subjective truths are clearly biblical. The objective truth is that God exists, seen by the ‘outward’ evidence of creation itself. The subjective truth is salvation, experienced by the ‘inward’ evidence that you’ve placed your trust and confidence in God and the grace that He extended to you.

Page 43 of 108 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1234, 59 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,229
Posts18,524,760
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.