Hop To
Page 45 of 108 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 107 108
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by krp
Interesting...

All this and Ringman too, because I call bullchit on the fear mongering from organized religion.

And if it was supposed to be awe(in the positive) or reverence and miss translated... I was right also.

Wabigoon put up two memes of the same thing in this very thread, my first response was testimony of my belief of not 'fearing' God in the negative... my second response was a bit more pointed.

Yet I never attacked anyone... and of course expect to be attacked.

Kent

I did not attack you personally. I am questioning your stance regarding your interpretation of the word fear as it is used in the Word of God. I gave you the Hebrew, and if you really wish to it is easy to dive into the Greek and how the Word of God was translated.

I also question any stance that openly states a portion of the Word is incorrect or untrue. You made an outright statement of such. That IS blasphemy in the very essence of it. If you take my admonishment personally, so be it. I felt led to address it in hopes you will see how that statement can cause division among believers as well as a stumbling block to those seeking God.

As believers, how we communicate and act means much to those unbelievers who are looking for truth and enlightenment.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Strong instruction in the Bible exists. It is up to the believer to seek it out.
Broad-brushing all religion and churches is a mistake.
Of course there are false teachings, teachers, leaders and even fake followers. The Word still stands strong.

May each person who reads and participates in this discussion find peace, the answers to their questions and a growth in their faith. May those who continue to disbelieve have opportunity to continue their search for the answers they seek.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by krp
Interesting...

All this and Ringman too, because I call bullchit on the fear mongering from organized religion.

And if it was supposed to be awe(in the positive) or reverence and miss translated... I was right also.

Wabigoon put up two memes of the same thing in this very thread, my first response was testimony of my belief of not 'fearing' God in the negative... my second response was a bit more pointed.

Yet I never attacked anyone... and of course expect to be attacked.

Kent

I did not attack you personally. I am questioning your stance regarding your interpretation of the word fear as it is used in the Word of God. I gave you the Hebrew, and if you really wish to it is easy to dive into the Greek and how the Word of God was translated.

I also question any stance that openly states a portion of the Word is incorrect or untrue. You made an outright statement of such. That IS blasphemy in the very essence of it. If you take my admonishment personally, so be it. I felt led to address it in hopes you will see how that statement can cause division among believers as well as a stumbling block to those seeking God.

As believers, how we communicate and act means much to those unbelievers who are looking for truth and enlightenment.

It's ironic, I obviously don't care if I'm judged my men... you can't deny you use my name and blasphemy together... it's the typical christian response.

You are all over the place on biblical belief demonstrated by your own words.

Kent

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Kent, I'm sorry it has turned to this. I stand fully in everything I have said here and testify to it as my faith, led by the Holy Spirit.
I see we are at impasse, so I will walk away.
In sharing our beliefs, I sincerely hope we can also share in prayer of understanding and concern for each other in our daily walk with Christ.
And in our commission, given by Christ, to love one another and spread the Word of good news to those who wish to hear it.
WT

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Kent, I'm sorry it has turned to this. I stand fully in everything I have said here and testify to it as my faith, led by the Holy Spirit.
I see we are at impasse, so I will walk away.
In sharing our beliefs, I sincerely hope we can also share in prayer of understanding and concern for each other in our daily walk with Christ.
And in our commission, given by Christ, to love one another and spread the Word of good news to those who wish to hear it.
WT

Just to be clear, I have not questioned your salvation, commitment to God.

I have responded to your engagement to me, I am intitled to do so and to stand for my faith.

Kent

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Anyway, I have grandkids waking up for breakfast, baseball and soccer games to get them to.

Carry on...

Kent

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Psalm 118:24
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Enjoy each and every moment!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Remember The Cross, and all it means.
It proved that when you tell the truth it can get you killed.

They knew who Jesus was and killed him anyway for threatening their hold on power. They at the very least understood he was a prophet and was exposing their sham that was not the Jewish religion except in name.

Telling the truth nowadays can get you locked up or killed by the government even in the supposedly free North American countries of the USA and Canada.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Jeremiah 17:9

[9] The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately sick;
who can understand it?

The heart is a perpetual factory of idols.

The man who finds “God” in his mind and thoughts outside or without scripture has made God in his image and worships a god of his own making. Such a man repeats the sin of Cain.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Ringman
krp,

Consider God speaking to Satan in chapters one and two. God says, "Have you considered Job.....?

Satan didn't initiate the conversation. God did. Often Job tells us God did this to me. At the end God says, "Job spoke about Me what is right."

God did NOT allow Satan. He gave Satan a direction.

If you doubt, I will post Job's words.

Again... You ever consider the implications of Satan appearing to God, whenever he wanted, in the Job story?

One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

As a young man reading the bible on my own some verses just jumped out, this is one example. Yet I hadn't heard any scholar or theologian expound on the implications.

Was Satan banished, thrown out from God, or not.

Can God abide sin in his presence or not.

God is casual with Satan, and the angels were also.

If Satan can appear before God, how could a lost soul after mortal death not have the opportunities to appear before God on appeals... as many as it takes.

And other implications... one of which it's an allegorical story making a desired point.

Kent

You remind me of what Mark Twain said about scientists. "It is fascinating what a whole sale lot of conjectures a scientist can come up with from such a trifling investment of acts."

In your post above there is no indication Satan can go before the Most High anytime he might want. There's not enough information in the Text to let us know if this happens everyday, or once every century.

The idea a person can casually appear before God is discredited by Jesus Himself. Jesus tells us when people at the time of His life on earth died they either went to a fiery torment or Abraham's bosom.

The idea Job, if that's what you are referring to, is not an allegory. One must see the Whole Book (Bible) to know what God says about Job. God includes Job and Daniel and Noah as three righteous men in at least two places I can remember immediately.

About Satan be banished or thrown out. We know Satan was thrown out of heaven when he lost his battle with Michael. That in no way says God, the owner of everything created, can't at His discretion call Satan or any other created being to come before Him at His desire.

Now a little from God's Word found in the book of Job.
In human terms, we might say, "God was proud of His adopted child, Job." In a conversation between God and Satan, we find God is the One Who brings up Job; not the reverse. Satan then proceeds to remind God that He has been protecting Job. God is then challenged by Satan to,
"'Put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face.'" (Job 1:11)

Job continued to believe God was responsible I will quote Job 19:21, 30:11a, 31:23.
"'Pity me, pity me, O you my friends, for the hand of God has struck me.'" "'Because He has loosed His bowstring and afflicted me." "'For calamity from God is a terror to me, and because of His majesty I can do nothing.'"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Strong instruction in the Bible exists. It is up to the believer to seek it out.
Broad-brushing all religion and churches is a mistake.
Of course there are false teachings, teachers, leaders and even fake followers. The Word still stands strong.

May each person who reads and participates in this discussion find peace, the answers to their questions and a growth in their faith. May those who continue to disbelieve have opportunity to continue their search for the answers they seek.

Jesus was very clear in one of His teachings one should be careful that the "light in them is not darkness." Of course, the one in darkness thinks they are fine. Remember Jesus's Words about, "depart from Me. I never knew you," to some who actually believed in Him.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
Jeremiah 17:9

[9] The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately sick;
who can understand it?

The heart is a perpetual factory of idols.

The man who finds “God” in his mind and thoughts outside or without scripture has made God in his image and worships a god of his own making. Such a man repeats the sin of Cain.

Fantastic post. A thought I have not thought, but will not forget.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting that some believe in and promote the Holy Spirit but not so much the Word. The Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead that wrote the Word. The Word of God is from God, 1 Thess 2:13.

Baffling how one can believe in and promote the Holy Spirit, but downplay and minimize the Word, which is Jesus, God. The Holy Spirit superintends the job of transmitting the truth through revelation. The Bible says all scripture is God-breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, training, and correcting in righteousness, 2 Timothy 3:16

The living Word is the written Word. Jesus is the Word, and it is through the written Word that we know about the living Word. The Word of God is powerful and alive, Hebrews 4:12.

Jesus Himself said the scriptures testify about Him, John 5:39-40. Jesus said in John 6:63 that the words He speaks are spirit and life.

Jesus said, “It’ll be easier for the universe to cease than for one stroke of the letter to fail,”
Luke 16:17. Jesus also said, “If you continue in my Word, you are truly disciples of mine.”
John 8:31

Some, though, want to stubbornly believe their own theology is far superior to scripture…

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There sure were a lotta Christians…a lot of em’…before any Christian documents were ever even written.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by antlers
There sure were a lotta Christians…a lot of em’…before any Christian documents were ever even written.

How do you know that?

Genuine question…

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
‘The Word’ in John 1:1 is clearly referring to Jesus Himself. It is NOT referring to ‘scripture.’

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
How do you know that? Genuine question…
The earliest Christian documents were written in the late 40’s A.D.. Jesus was crucified in the early 30’s A.D.. That’s 15 years of Christianity right there before any Christian documents were ever even written.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw
How do you know that? Genuine question…
The earliest Christian documents were written in the late 40’s A.D.. Jesus was crucified in the early 30’s A.D.. That’s 15 years of Christianity right there before any Christian documents were ever even written.

Truth

And many of those earliest Christian documents are what we refer to as scripture today.

Point being, the foundation of your oft-repeated suggestions regarding scripture which aren’t false is scripture itself.

And that’s ok. Doesn’t mean you “worship scripture”…

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Point bein’ is that those Christians that I was referring to clearly found God “outside or without” Christian scripture because none of it had even been written yet.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Point bein’ is that those Christians that I was referring to clearly found God “outside or without” Christian scripture because none of it had even been written yet.

Correct.

Because they were either eye witnesses to or knew eye witnesses to the historic truths central to Christianity.

But we don’t have those, so it’s ok when you use scripture as an authoritative source of information concerning the truth of those historic events.

Page 45 of 108 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (257Bob, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,237
Posts18,524,883
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.