Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 48 of 108 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 107 108
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As I see it, Jesus is the founder of Christianity.

Regardless of who it was who first saw Jesus alive after His death, and regardless of Paul taking the message of Jesus’ resurrection to the Jews and to the Gentiles, and regardless of “the Jewish Christians such as the Ebionites and Nazarenes,” their messages were all based on Jesus.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
So....if you don't use them?

Then what?

Then you remain “ignorant and in the dark”.

Without the book....the one printed and edited by man...you are peckered to eternal damnation?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Then what?

Without the book....the one printed and edited by man...you are peckered to eternal damnation?

seemingly disqualifying the greater portion of the population of the planet at any given time, wow

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When did "Christianity" leave Jesus his teachings, and if you will, his doctrine?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
When did "Christianity" leave Jesus, his teachings, and if you will, his doctrine?
The original version of Christianity…the one modeled and taught by Jesus’ and His apostles and His earliest followers in the first century…never left any of that.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

Rather than answer each of your thoughts, I will give a couple answers. The Founder of Christianity is Jesus. 1 Corinthians 3:11. The apostles built on that foundation. People at that time were no different from folks today. Some wrote about what was happening. You have no idea what manuscripts these early believers wrote and passed around. That's why the when the New Testament was canonized the Holy Spirit rejected some of the material available. I am convinced on at least two occasions the Holy Spirit directed me. These experience were so vivid I have not forgotten them 48 years later. These experiences convince me the canonizer had no trouble compiling, with the direction of the Holy Spirit, the Old and New Testaments we use today.

Concerning the Holy Spirit. The Master tells us the Holy Spirit will guide us into all Truth. Jesus claims to be the Truth. Therefore if the Holy Spirit guides He will guide us according to what one finds in God's Word the Bible. The Holy Spirit will never lead one away from the Bible or lead them contrary to what's in the Bible.

You are caught up on something, if you didn't have the Bible, you have no way of knowing about: The life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

Then what?

seemingly disqualifying the greater portion of the population of the planet at any given time, wow

Jesus agrees with you. He says, "Few there be who will be saved." I am baffled by what I know and don't know about God.

Everyday Hunter
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

Then what?

You don’t need to own the book, but you do need what’s in it. Jesus said that he is the way, the truth and the life, and that no man comes to the father except through him. If my neighbor dies without hearing that, then shame on me.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IZH27
It has nothing to do with legalism because it isn’t law.
It comes across as theological legalism or religious legalism. You (a professed Christian) judge or harshly criticize other followers of Jesus if they don’t believe exactly the way that you demand that they believe. Just like the Pharisees of Jesus’ day did.
To clarify I do not and did not say that God doesn’t communicate directly. I cannot because the testimony of scripture demonstrates very specific direct communication. However, this communication is always associated with specific messages given in the revelation of Christ throughout the scriptures. To take those isolated incidents and make them normative for everyone who believes is to go against the teaching of scripture, Christ and the apostles.
More assertions that are clear examples of theological/religious legalism, just like the Pharisees of Jesus’ day did.
You are free to believe whatever you want but the sincerity of your belief and the strength with which you defend your beliefs do not make them Christian.
Are you again accusing my beliefs as not being Christian beliefs…?
What you champion on this forum as Christianity is not found in the evidence found in scripture or the history early church.
The historical fact is that Jesus’ earliest and most devout first century followers never owned a Christian Bible, and never read a Christian Bible...because there was no Christian Bible to be had or read. But these men and women turned the world upside down; they’re the reason that people worship Jesus today; and they never held a Christian Bible because there was no Christian Bible until the fourth century.

It isn’t even close to legalism.

I was born and raised in an anabaptist denomination that developed in the Susquehanna River valley in the 1730’s. The emphasis was on a law based Gospel and pious loving as a means of being holy and earning salvation. The church that I was raised in has an emphasis on personal holiness, pietism, charismaticism and works.

I spent the greater part of the last 36 years of my life unraveling myself from that bull-sh-it and nothing that o write is remotely related to legalism. To stay that I hate the practice and teaching of the heresy is an understatement of exponential proportion.

Your characterization of historic Christianity as being legalistic is either an indication of ignorance or of willful miss characterization.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by NVhntr
IZH27, are you an ordained preacher?
If so would you mind saying which denomination?

I’m just a hick from south central Kentucky that was forced to do a lot of study over about thirty years in order to unlearn all of the legalistic crap theology that I was taught as a kid.

It’s been an interesting ride for the last 36 years. I may miss a step or two:

Anabaptist/holiness/pietistic/charismatic

To

Wesleyan Holiness

To

Church of the Nazarene

To

Christian church

To

Seeker Sensitive (Willow Creek style)

To

Southern baptist

To

No church

To

Home church

To

Presbyterian

To

Reformed Baptist

To

Lutheran Church Missouri Synod

At each step, against my wishes, I have been forced to make 4 major changes along the way. I’m still willing to embrace truth as God reveals it but I really do think, after years of struggling with these issues I am now home.

IC B3

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Your characterization of historic Christianity as being legalistic is either an indication of ignorance or of willful miss characterization.
’You’, and ‘your’ interpretation of Christianity…in my estimation, from a lot of what I’ve seen you post here on these type of threads…comes across as being theologically and/or religiously legalistic. To the Nth degree.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Which proves that your comprehension of legalism is wrong.

I don’t share my interpretation of scripture. That is what you and every other Gnostic-spiritualist contributing to this thread contribute.

What I share is the best understanding that I have of the Christian faith after 36 years of trying to figure it out. I’m not telling you what I’ve found out through “personal revelation” or secret meetings with the Holy Spirit while on a vision quest.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/02/23.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What I share is the best understanding that I have of the Christian faith after 36 years of trying to figure it out. I’m not telling you what I’ve found out through “personal revelation” or secret meetings with the Holy Spirit while on a vision quest.
So ‘your’ understanding of the ministry of the Holy Spirit that Jesus Himself sent to His followers consists of “secret meetings with the Holy Spirit while on a vision quest”…?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
There is no book of Ringman in the bible... yet we must endure the chapter and verse of Ringman in his judgment.

IZH27... you have been consistently in search of your faith, which confuses you when seeing the steady faith of others.

WMR... you only see the biblical in your faith and not the biblical in others.

My faith in Christ and the Holy Spirit is 100% supported biblically.

The beginning of Christianity very well could be attributed to John the Baptist, the Holy Spirit in the womb, the wilderness...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
’You’, and ‘your’ interpretation of Christianity…in my estimation, from a lot of what I’ve seen you post here on these type of threads…comes across as being theologically and/or religiously legalistic. To the Nth degree.

What I have discovered about those who accuse of legalism or legalistic beliefs attack those of us of trying to earn our salvation. But that is not it. It is exactly 180 degrees off. We who love the Lord enough to obey His instructions in the New Testament love the Lord and obey from a humble heart. We share our love of Jesus by word and deed. I remember a neighbor who knew many in our small community claimed to be Christian. We were rural enough my official address was "a little past the bridge". One day he told me, "I like your living religion. None of the others have ever stopped by to volunteer when I was having trouble." He also told me, "I'm going to get by without God." By the way those who did not stop were "led by the Holy Spirit". My experience with Holy Spirit people generally matches my experience with you. They reject obeying Jesus on the grounds they are being led by the Holy Spirit.

I had an experience, which I am convinced was from the Lord, but was not all mystical with the Holy Spirit prompting me. I was talking with a friend I knew since the forth grade in school. He was not a believer in anything except himself. He was philosophical, though. I brought up Christian perfection as a topic. He said, "You're not perfect." He was not attacking like some here do. "What do you see wrong in my Christian life?" I asked. "You speed," he said. By then I had been a Christian a couple years. Speed limits were for everyone who wished to obey them, as far as I was concerned. My speed limit was about 80 to 90 MPH on the freeway and as fast as the road would allow most other places. The national speed limit at the time was 55MPH. The Holy Spirit never lead me to obey the speed limit. But as soon as he said that, I realized I was sinning and needed to repent. Since then I obey the speed limit. Why? Because God's Word tells us to submit to authority and governments are established by God. He continues: Those who resist the government are resisting God.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
There is no book of Ringman in the bible... yet we must endure the chapter and verse of Ringman in his judgment.

IZH27... you have been consistently in search of your faith, which confuses you when seeing the steady faith of others.

The beginning of Christianity very well could be attributed to John the Baptist, the Holy Spirit in the womb, the wilderness...

Kent

Before I post something about judgement, I will ask you, do you accept the New Testament as authoritive for the Chrisitan? Based on your answer I will proceed or not on the discussion of judging.

Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Ringman

What I have discovered about those who accuse of legalism or legalistic beliefs attack those of us of trying to earn our salvation. But that is not it. It is exactly 180 degrees off. We who love the Lord enough to obey His instructions in the New Testament love the Lord and obey from a humble heart. We share our love of Jesus by word and deed. I remember a neighbor who knew many in our small community claimed to be Christian. We were rural enough my official address was "a little past the bridge". One day he told me, "I like your living religion. None of the others have ever stopped by to volunteer when I was having trouble." He also told me, "I'm going to get by without God." By the way those who did not stop were "led by the Holy Spirit". My experience with Holy Spirit people generally matches my experience with you. They reject obeying Jesus on the grounds they are being led by the Holy Spirit.

I had an experience, which I am convinced was from the Lord, but was not all mystical with the Holy Spirit prompting me. I was talking with a friend I knew since the forth grade in school. He was not a believer in anything except himself. He was philosophical, though. I brought up Christian perfection as a topic. He said, "You're not perfect." He was not attacking like some here do. "What do you see wrong in my Christian life?" I asked. "You speed," he said. By then I had been a Christian a couple years. Speed limits were for everyone who wished to obey them, as far as I was concerned. My speed limit was about 80 to 90 MPH on the freeway and as fast as the road would allow most other places. The national speed limit at the time was 55MPH. The Holy Spirit never lead me to obey the speed limit. But as soon as he said that, I realized I was sinning and needed to repent. Since then I obey the speed limit. Why? Because God's Word tells us to submit to authority and governments are established by God. He continues: Those who resist the government are resisting God.

I was prophetic...

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Before I post something about judgement, I will ask you, do you accept the New Testament as authoritive for the Chrisitan? Based on your answer I will proceed or not on the discussion of judging.

Do you accept the authority of the Holy Spirit in John the Baptist in the womb, in his solitude, in his prophetic, the sanctity of his baptisms?

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My vein of faith does not have to be authoritated by 100% of the bible, but by part of the bible 100%.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

There is absolutely no confusion. I am at peace in Christ. I need nothing else.

Any time we see spirits talking to people within the text of Scripture outside those texts where God dealt with direct revelation concerning Christ its a sh-it your pants things going sideways moment.

You guys keep taking to the spirits all that you want. I pray that you soon have revealed to you the true nature of that with which you are dealing.

The syncretism of your gnostic, spiritualist and post modern/post post modern views are certainly not scriptural. Why would you even say that when you claim that the Holy Spirit has taught you what you know?

What you guys claim as Christianity isn’t found in the text of scripture nor is it found in the earliest church writings after the apostles deaths other than where those teachings are denounced as not being part of the faith and pracitice.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/02/23.
Page 48 of 108 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 65 invisible), 1,839 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,247
Posts18,525,074
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.