Page 55 of 108 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 107 108
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WTM45
2 Peter 3:8
Yep.

The manner in which He went about creation, and the time involved in creation, are irrelevant. That “God created” all of it is what is relevant.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Creation happened eons ago. My preacher claims about 5000 years. I told him that would not stand up under the slightest scrutiny.

I am a pain in the ass for him.

I also told him Jesus could not have been killed on Friday afternoon and come up missing by Sunday morning if he spent 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb. And that Easter isn't the anniversary of anything since it comes on a different day every year.

I know Antlers, all that is of no consequence, I believe that too.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Antlers and KRP. It’s quite interesting that you guys are being led by the Holy Spirit into truth yet you can’t see the truth that has been held in Christianity since before Christ.

Your views are nothing more than dispensational theology. Dispensational theology is a heresy that was introduced into the church about 200 years ago. It is not a historical view of Christianity but “new theology“ that was “discovered“ 200 years ago.

You guys can talk all the talk you want to, but you are not in any way, shape or form representing historical Christianity.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
You know, it's like the Gospels, all telling the same Story, but in different ways.
It reinforces the "Story".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Gospel/scripture is Christ, confirmed biblically.

The understanding of the Gospel/scripture is through the Holy Spirit, confirmed biblically.

Our personal relationship with Christ/gospel/scripture is spiritual, confirmed biblically.

Christ is the living Gospel, from the infinity of before into the infinity forward, confirmed biblically

The bible contains snippets of this infinite gospel, from the creation onward. The written word is to lead some to awareness of the Holy Spirit, each person is different.

It could be as little as two words... I am... it could be a child singing Jesus loves me this I know... it could be as an infant, Paul speaking to Timothy... it could even be in the womb as with John the baptist.

Any of these steps can lead to the Holy Spirit and the living Gospel.

Kent

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Gospel/scripture is Christ, confirmed biblically.

The understanding of the Gospel/scripture is through the Holy Spirit, confirmed biblically.

Our personal relationship with Christ/gospel/scripture is spiritual, confirmed biblically.

Christ is the living Gospel, from the infinity of before into the infinity forward, confirmed biblically

The bible contains snippets of this infinite gospel, from the creation onward. The written word is to lead some to awareness of the Holy Spirit, each person is different.

It could be as little as two words... I am... it could be a child singing Jesus loves me this I know... it could be as an infant, Paul speaking to Timothy... it could even be in the womb as with John the baptist.

Any of these steps can lead to the Holy Spirit and the living Gospel.

Kent
What do you make of that letter Paul sent to Timothy wherein he said that "all That be in Asia" had turned away from him. Who was in the wrong? The Asians (modern Turkey) or Paul?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Rejecting Paul isn't rejecting Christ. But I doubt all of Asia rejected him, there were likely fractions.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Rejecting Paul isn't rejecting Christ. But I doubt all of Asia rejected him, there were likely fractions.

Kent
It seems to me that the book by Jesus' brother James and a good bit of the Revelation of Jesus Christ are written in opposition to Paul. There had to have been a lot of dissent against Paul by the first Christians and not just the Jerusalem Christians.

But the Paul version for the most part won out and morphed into the Roman endorsed church. I believe that a lot of what was attributed to Paul was doctored to support the civil government/church connection. There is almost no other explanation for Romans 13 among others.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Yet 'creation' did not happen within the bible's timeline. Nor is the world how it is described in Genesis, life evolves, animals and plants evolve, they are not created.
Originally Posted by DBT
Yet 'creation' did not happen within the bible's timeline. Nor is the world how it is described in Genesis, life evolves, animals and plants evolve, they are not created.

So, what is the “bible’s timeline?”

Six literal days of creation, specifying the morning and evening of each day of Creation, and the list of generations beginning with Adam and Eve....Which is not to be semantically transformed into billions of years of microbes followed by multicell evolution in the Cambrian.....etc.
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Six literal days of creation, specifying the morning and evening of each day of Creation, and the list of generations beginning with Adam and Eve....Which is not to be semantically transformed into billions of years of microbes followed by multicell evolution in the Cambrian.....etc.

If you were wrong in both of these assertions….. would you desire to know it?

I doubt it…..you simply don’t know what you are talking about and clearly strive to stay in your cocoon of self-stroking comfortable ignorance.

For example…. Why do you state that the world was created in six literal days? Eisegesis on you part…. Poor scholarship……the biblical word translated to “day” is also translated to be an “epoch” ….also as a “long time.” But. You want to believe it means a “literal day” … so you …. Choose….. not to seek truth and accurate meaning in the Bible.

As has been said before, the word “generation” can refer to years….it can refer to a genetic line….it can refer to an ancestral line. The “Bishop Ussher” chronology is simply incomplete….. but you do not want to accept this biblical fact….

Seek truth rather than be satisfied with error…… but you can’t do that can you? Do you know why?

Should you dare to delve further into truth, look up John 6:66 and try to figure out who left and why.

That's a bit of a stretch. The sequence of events is wrong anyway, to be made much worse if days are converted to be "epoch": Day 3: Dry ground & plants · Day 4: Sun, moon & stars. Plants are gonna be dead if there's no sun.

And the earth is not flat.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I doubt it…..you simply don’t know what you are talking about and clearly strive to stay in your cocoon of self-stroking comfortable ignorance.

For example…. Why do you state that the world was created in six literal days? Eisegesis on you part…. Poor scholarship……the biblical word translated to “day” is also translated to be an “epoch” ….also as a “long time.” But. You want to believe it means a “literal day” … so you …. Choose….. not to seek truth and accurate meaning in the Bible.

As has been said before, the word “generation” can refer to years….it can refer to a genetic line….it can refer to an ancestral line. The “Bishop Ussher” chronology is simply incomplete….. but you do not want to accept this biblical fact….

Seek truth rather than be satisfied with error…… but you can’t do that can you? Do you know why?

Should you dare to delve further into truth, look up John 6:66 and try to figure out who left and why.

I don't state that the world was created in six literal days, the book of Genesis does that. I merely point to it.

It's right there for all to see and read, the morning of the first day, the evening of the first day, the morning of the second day, the evening of the second day, etc.

Undeniable. Cannot be interpreted as millions of years or evolution.

Genesis describes special creation over six literal days, just as it is written, followed by a list of generations following Adam and Eve.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

That's a bit of a stretch. The sequence of events is wrong anyway, to be made much worse if days are converted to be "epoch": Day 3: Dry ground & plants · Day 4: Sun, moon & stars. Plants are gonna be dead if there's no sun.

Well, you have a very narrow and self serving interpretation of Genesis 1. Makes me wonder if you have ever read it.

Light and “darkness” were created on the first day. A simple reading shows that “light” had already been in existence before “Let the land produce vegetation……”. Dry land and vegetation came after “light and darkness.” Most will see that what they recognize as the “greater and lesser lights” came later. You comment about “Plants are gonna be dead if there’s no sun” is not accurate if indeed “light and darkness” were in existence before what you think is Day 4. Seems that life was flourishing with the light provided by the Creator.

But, you will believe what you choose to believe and you may remain in the state you are in.

As has been said before…. The primary message of Genesis 1 is THAT God DID create, not …how. You make a very serious error trying to extract and reconcile current “scientific” speculation with Genesis 1.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Bovine excrement.

Well Raspy has plagarised some sort of list that can be printed out and used to deal with your bovine excrement, plus have something left over for later.

Thanks wabigoon for pointing it out.......When one gives SOURCES such as I did then it is NOT plagiarism.

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Well, you have a very narrow and self serving interpretation of Genesis 1. Makes me wonder if you have ever read it.

Light and “darkness” were created on the first day. A simple reading shows that “light” had already been in existence before “Let the land produce vegetation……”. Dry land and vegetation came after “light and darkness.” Most will see that what they recognize as the “greater and lesser lights” came later. You comment about “Plants are gonna be dead if there’s no sun” is not accurate if indeed “light and darkness” were in existence before what you think is Day 4. Seems that life was flourishing with the light provided by the Creator.

But, you will believe what you choose to believe and you may remain in the state you are in.

As has been said before…. The primary message of Genesis 1 is THAT God DID create, not …how. You make a very serious error trying to extract and reconcile current “scientific” speculation with Genesis 1.

Agreed!

Illegitimi non carborundum

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

The sun provides our light - undeniable scientific fact. The superstitious savages that put that biblical version of events together had no idea.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I don't state that the world was created in six literal days, the book of Genesis does that. I merely point to it.

It's right there for all to see and read, the morning of the first day, the evening of the first day, the morning of the second day, the evening of the second day, etc.

Undeniable. Cannot be interpreted as millions of years or evolution.

Genesis describes special creation over six literal days, just as it is written, followed by a list of generations following Adam and Eve.

No, Genesis does not necessarily state that the earth was created in six literal days. That is simply your self serving interpretation and opinion. An opinion impacted by your continuing denial. What you state as “Undeniable” is simplistic and false.

You remind me a bit like all the “scientists” that presented all the “facts” regarding Covid and the vaccine..facts that were “undeniable” but later shown to be pretty much nothing but self serving lies. The “science” was not factual nor true.

I also remember stating that it had once become clear that the universe had been cycling….expanding and then contracting….then “big banging” again…..the universe had existed “forever” and a “creator” was irrelevant.

Now the scientific community seem to believe that the universe is expanding and will continue to expand…..and that it did indeed begin with a creation event.

Meh…. You choose what you want to believe…. One can believe “untruths.”

That is why I ask…..”If you believed something that was untrue, would you want to know it?”

I have met many people who prefer to believe comforting lies…..not uncomfortable truth. Pretty common.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

The sun provides our light - undeniable scientific fact. The superstitious savages that put that biblical version of events together had no idea.

Well, it seems to me that the “superstitious savages” of the past had a better grasp of both reality and possibility than some of the “posters” of today…..

So, how about Plato…..? Others….? A superstitious savage? What an arrogant and illogical opinion.

But you are free to share your opinions….

Proverbs 26: 4-5

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Well, it seems to me that the “superstitious savages” of the past had a better grasp of both reality and possibility than some of the “posters” of today…..

So, how about Plato…..? Others….? A superstitious savage? What an arrogant and illogical opinion.

But you are free to share your opinions….

Proverbs 26: 4-5

You're straw-manning me. I'm not saying everyone back then was a superstitious savage, but the ones that put together the good book of immorals certainly seemed to be the case.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, Genesis does not necessarily state that the earth was created in six literal days. That is simply your self serving interpretation and opinion. An opinion impacted by your continuing denial. What you state as “Undeniable” is simplistic and false.

The level of a denial of the truth you display is mind boggling. It is a simple fact that Genesis specifies mornings and evenings of each day of creation.

You can see it for yourself.

I quote;

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

''The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And so on, each day is specified, morning and evening/

A morning and evening does not represent an epoch or millions of years, just a day.

You remind me a bit like all the “scientists” that presented all the “facts” regarding Covid and the vaccine..facts that were “undeniable” but later shown to be pretty much nothing but self serving lies. The “science” was not factual nor true.

You are proven wrong, yet continue to act like you made a point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
The men and women who actually knew Jesus personally and chose to follow Him...like Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, Andrew, Mary, Martha, and Paul...followed Him without a Christian Bible; ...

There's no account in scripture of Paul meeting
or even seeing a recognisable bodily Jesus.
So How did Paul come to know Jesus personally?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 55 of 108 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 1,783 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,237
Posts18,524,883
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.