Campfire Ranger
Stick,

112s over Lever?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lever' is my first pitch in 223,223AI,224 Grendel,22BR,270,6 Grendel,6BR and 264 Grendel...with 75's or heavier in .224's,105's and heavier in .243's and 120 or heavier in .264". Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SniffleKchunt,

You are Google Pretending,about things you've never even seen,let alone done...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If I'm going to fling 88/90's,it's going to be in a 224 Grendel,of which I've more than a few,in both Turnbolts and Krunchentickers. .545 and .585 BC's there. You feel free to use your Imagination to Pretend about "flatness" and I'll shoot Real World atmospherics and reap the inherent advantages of same,in wares that actually exist. Hint.

Big Day for you,now you can say you've "seen" same. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You CLUELESS Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit are a riot! Hint.

JO Gen2 BDL metal here,so you can continue to get your Google on. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Littlestick, stop pretending that you do a lot of long-range hunting necessitating the long, heavy for caliber high bc projectiles...because you don't. All your "hunting" is opportunistic shots from a boat to some little blacktail on the shore at under 100 yards or some little critter in the water at 15 yards wanting to eat a fish. And stop being so dishonest and acknowledge that at short to medium distances a medium weight projectile with a good bc for its weight is going to shoot flatter and sometimes even have less wind drift than a heavy higher bc bullet going much slower.

Johnny one note can't say anything else. Lol. And even with that, he gets a hell of a lot more said than done. He got called out and booted from other forums for being a fraud and a troll 10 years ago. Some things never change.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Originally Posted by RiverRider
[
"Why would you believe less powder capacity is better for 103- to 108-grain bullets???
"

Perhaps you are thinking I am implying I prefer less case capacity. Not exactly my preference, though tolerable.

Proper neck placement on the shank of the longer ogive bullet profile, is the goal that is being achieved from my perspective w the shorter 6mm ARC cartridge.

If we were not trying to fit the cartridge into the shorter AR magazine, or a mini action mag in the case of my CZ 527, the benefit of the set back shoulder would not exist.

I'd consider taking that middle cartridge and just trimming about 80 thousandths off the case mouth if I was worried about that (which I agree might become an issue with some bullets)...but I don't give a rat's ass about BC unless its a case of giving up a ridiculous amount of zip. My preferences for a heavier bullet kinda keep me out of the pingpong ball end of the spectrum for the most part, regardless. Whatever the case, I think the Grendel case is just a bit longer in the neck and shorter in the body than ideal.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TonyRumore
The case was made too short. It should have been extended to 6.8 SPC length. 85gr Partitions at 3100fps, 90gr Accubonds at 3025fps from an 18" AR-15.

Left to right - 6PPC, 6mm Too Short ARC, 6mm Correct Length ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC.

Tony

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I agree. On Predator Masters there were some guys playing with a necked down 6.8 to 6mm. I know this would NOT be a long distance paper puncher but I liked the idea of a 6mm with a bit more case and powder as a hunting cartridge for the AR's. Tony has it right, the 6mm needs a bit more case and an 85 grain hunting bullet. I have a couple of uppers looking for the right barrel. I just haven't seen it yet. The ARC sounded interesting but I have not bought a barrel in that case yet. I almost pulled the lever on a 6.8 barrel but that case has pretty much dropped out of sight. I even bought the reloading dies. I'm still looking, but the ARC isn't it.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Just got one in a howa mini, will probably load an accubond when they become available. May load a soft point until then. Should make a great deer/varmint cartridge for the ranges I'll shoot. I'll shoot 10 or 12 deer with it this year and see.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All you b!tching about the ARC not being long range must not be keeping up on the Precision Rifle Series Gas Gun Division.

John Stark.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by David_Walter
All you b!tching about the ARC not being long range must not be keeping up on the Precision Rifle Series Gas Gun Division.
Here's a gas gun ringing steel at 1000yds.
Bolt gun ammo can run even faster.
Fast forward to the 10:00 min mark.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m gonna build a 6 ARC upper, or else rebuild one of my .223 uppers. Seems like a lot of fun to me just going off what I read and ballistics tables. It was going to be my winter project but the good people dumbasses of Oregon saw fit to pass a measure that instead made me blow my gun money on a few new guns before the measure went into effect (it’s blatantly unconstitutional on both the state and federal level and is currently tied up in the courts).

Unless my notifications all failed still waiting on Hornady to release brass as a component. Annoying.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nothing to neck 6.5G down Jeff if that’s all you’re waiting on.

Semper Fi
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by beretzs
Nothing to neck 6.5G down Jeff if that’s all you’re waiting on.

This. Get some Starline, squish it in a FL 6 arc die, trim, shoot the pìss out of it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, yeah I know. Just figured why not have headstamped brass, etc. It’s been “imminent!” for like 6 months now, if not longer.

No… money is what’s stopping me. smile I bought a bunch of guns and mags late 2022 in response to that measure. Shot my wad.

I’m about to be wheels-up on a long adventure and won’t be back until June, so once I get back, get workin’, and get out of the hole I’ll be in… THEN I’ll build the ARC.

This is the rifle I’m going to either cannibalise and just rebuild this upper, or build a new upper for. It’s got a 3-10 SHV on it which I think will be a good scope for the ARC.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/05/23.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That'll work nice. I love my AR ARC. It's almost replaced the 5.56 as my favorite round in them.

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Thanks, yeah I know. Just figured why not have headstamped brass, etc. It’s been “imminent!” for like 6 months now, if not longer.

No… money is what’s stopping me. smile I bought a bunch of guns and mags late 2022 in response to that measure. Shot my wad.

I’m about to be wheels-up on a long adventure and won’t be back until June, so once I get back, get workin’, and get out of the hole I’ll be in… THEN I’ll build the ARC.

This is the rifle I’m going to either cannibalise and just rebuild this upper, or build a new upper for. It’s got a 3-10 SHV on it which I think will be a good scope for the ARC.

That's what you get when you vote for liberal's.....your just to stupid to figure it out.............

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That was my first AR build. The intent was a mid-range target rifle. I don’t find myself using it much, and if I’m just “shootin’”, I grab one of my lighter carbines. Whereas, I think a 6 ARC will be a superb mid to long-ish range toy, and if it works out, take some load off my bolt guns. I think it’ll get used.

I already bought a half-dozen ARC/Grendel mags as part of my panic buying a few months ago.

Off topic………. I keep picturing a 6 ARC anti-drone gun, either a double or quad barrel, on a turret, in the back of a “technical” light truck in Ukraine. So sort of like 4 SAWs or similar, but in 6 ARC. A radar and targeting solution computer. Seems like it’d have the range to hit the drones and pack some punch when it arrived but be much lighter and cheaper to run than the big German AA vehicles, or the surface to air missile systems…..

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you seen what Washington State is trying to pass?

Hold my Bud Light.....

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
It was going to be my winter project but the good people dumbasses of Oregon saw fit to pass a measure that instead made me blow my gun money on a few new guns before the measure went into effect (it’s blatantly unconstitutional on both the state and federal level and is currently tied up in the courts).

John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before you call someone stupid, get your spelling right, or you look stupid.

Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
That's what you get when you vote for liberal's.....your you're just to stupid to figure it out.............

John Stark.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Before you call someone stupid, get your spelling right, or you look stupid.

Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
That's what you get when you vote for liberal's.....your you're just to stupid to figure it out.............

Walter I’m still not stupid enough to vote for liberals……YMMV

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure if you're shading him or me.

I've voted in every election since I was 18, and zero votes for liberals of any kind.

John Stark.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I'm not sure if you're shading him or me.

I've voted in every election since I was 18, and zero votes for liberals of any kind.

Your buddy Jeff can’t say the same…

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,590
Posts18,473,439
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.