Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
because God living outside of the time dimension can see the whole picture at once.

How do you know that?

And applicable to all gods, ghosts and fairies?

You not only did not read the entire article but you also could not grasp the concept presented.

Edit to add: "Ridicule is a public confession of fear."

No it's not - that's a stupid thing to say. My question is an honest one. Prove that "because God living outside of the time dimension can see the whole picture at once." is true, starting with a god existing in the first place, then move on to her/his/its capabilities.

Nope, again you misunderstand.....the burden of proof is not mine. You however do have the task of seeking and finding. Whistling in the graveyard is a poor strategy.

Your claim and your responsibility to prove. I have no reason to accept your claim - simple as that.

Whistling in the graveyard is a poor strategy for what? I don't frequent graveyards.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by DBT
No, Genesis does not necessarily state that the earth was created in six literal days. That is simply your self serving interpretation and opinion. An opinion impacted by your continuing denial. What you state as “Undeniable” is simplistic and false.

The level of a denial of the truth you display is mind boggling. It is a simple fact that Genesis specifies mornings and evenings of each day of creation.

You can see it for yourself.

I quote;

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

''The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And so on, each day is specified, morning and evening/

A morning and evening does not represent an epoch or millions of years, just a day.

You remind me a bit like all the “scientists” that presented all the “facts” regarding Covid and the vaccine..facts that were “undeniable” but later shown to be pretty much nothing but self serving lies. The “science” was not factual nor true.

You are proven wrong, yet continue to act like you made a point.

The same bible you are quoting also says, "A day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as a day.

That's a different context. Genesis describes literal days in human terms. Morning and evening of each day is not "God Time,' but a period daylight from morning to evening, one day. However God is supposed to experience time has no relevance to "the morning of the first day and the evening of the first day," etc.

Well, this is interesting.... you note that there is "God Time" and there is time "... in human terms." I like that distinction and your characterization may be pretty much correct.

"God Time" and "Human Time" .... "Humans are made of "matter".... atoms and what not and we live in a physical world. God is "Spirit" and is "not matter."

Given that brief introduction, what follows, while lengthy, is the most interesting point of view I have ever seen regarding "time."

Lifted....

So you have to think of a time when the earth didn't exist if you go back far enough. So in your mind go back just as far as you can possibly think back. Now as you go back in your mind, as far as you can go back, there comes a point, it's sort of a vanishing point. In other words, you just can't think of anything before that. It sort of fades out into a vanishing point. That's this Hebrew word everlasting, from this vanishing point.

Now in your mind think forward as far as you can think on into eternity. Now they say that if a little bird will go down here to Huntington Beach and take a drop of water in its beak out of the surf there, and every morning as the sun would rise, would take one hop towards New York. And when the little bird arrived in New York, it would drop that water in New York harbor. And then start back a hop a day towards Huntington Beach again. By the time that little bird emptied the Pacific Ocean into the Atlantic Ocean, the first day of eternity would just be getting its start. So think of out in the future to the vanishing point, you know. You think out so far and then it just vanishes. So the Hebrew word has that as its meaning. Actually, literally from the vanishing point as far as I can think until my mind just hits the vanishing point, to as far out as I can think this way, till my mind hits the vanishing point, you're God. You've existed. You will exist.

There is even a Hebrew word that is stronger than that. It is beyond the vanishing point. You know, when I get to the vanishing point, and then out beyond that. And that's the strongest word in Hebrew for the eternity. It's beyond the vanishing point. But vanishing point is far enough for me. From everlasting to everlasting God has existed.

You turn man to destruction; and you say, Return, ye children of men. For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night ( Psalms 90:3-4 ).

So the relativity of time. A thousand years is just like a day as far as the Lord is concerned. Now Peter tells this in talking to us about the coming again of Jesus Christ. He said, "In the last days, there will be scoffers that will come saying, 'Oh, where is the promise of His coming? Since our fathers have fallen asleep, everything continues as they were from the beginning.'" ( 2 Peter 3:3 , 2 Peter 3:4 ) God's not going to come. You know, where is it? Where is the promise? He is not here. And Peter said you've got to realize that a thousand years is as a day unto the Lord and a day is as a thousand years. So time is only relative to us. We think in the terms of time. We always think in terms of linear time. Here's the beginning; here's the end. Here's my birth; here's my death. Time in a linear way.

But that's because we are involved in matter. But if we weren't matter, then time wouldn't matter. Time only matters to matter. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, actually, time doesn't exist. Only except in matter. And so time can be stretched if you're going fast enough. So, in according to his theory, that if you can accelerate yourself to the speed of light, time would stand still. So if you could accelerate yourself to the speed of light and head out for the Andromeda galaxy, about... oh, let's not go to the Adromeda galaxy, that's too far. Let's go to Proxima, or Alpha Centauri. They're our closest solar neighbors. Traveling on this ray of light you could get to Centauri, Alpha Centauri, you could get there in four-and-a-half years. You could make the round-trip in nine years. But when you got back though, you would be the same age. Time would have stood still for you because of the speed at which you were traveling. When you got back, the earth would be nine years older. Your wife would be nine years older than you are at this point. Now, if you went further, if you did go to Andromeda galaxy, one million five hundred thousand light years out there, you'd come back in three million years. Now the whole earth would be different by that time. You'd look around you wouldn't find any of your friends. But you would only be, you know, a matter of hours older, because time would have stood still because of the speed you were traveling. Because if you travel that fast, you're going to turn into energy, and because you have no materials, you're just energy at that point, then time ceases to exist. This is the idea of the relativity, Einstein's theory of relativity. And so there's no way that we can really prove it. So you just have to accept it because he was a smart man.

But it is interesting that the Bible does hint to relativity of time as far as God is concerned. "A thousand years in Your sight is like yesterday when it's past." And, as Peter said, "A day is as a thousand years to the Lord, a thousand years is as a day."

Now that is interesting in the light of in the book of Hosea, he speaks of Israel sort of being out of the land, dispersed for two years. And he said, "And in the third year, I will raise her up and she will dwell in the land." Or, "for two days," rather, "and in the third day... " "After two days He will revive us, and in the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live in His sight" ( Hosea 6:2 ). And so Israel was destroyed and dispersed from the land for about two thousand years. And now they've been raised up again. And so, a thousand years is as a thousand years to the Lord... a day is as a thousand years.

So you say, "Oh, but the Lord's waiting so long to come back." Yeah, a couple days. Relativity of time.

You carry them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which grows up. In the morning it flourishes, it grows up; in the evening and it cuts down, and withers ( Psalms 90:5-6 )

So life is just so temporal.

We are consumed by your anger, and by your wrath we are troubled. You have set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins are in the light of your countenance. For all of our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told ( Psalms 90:7-9 ).

Now, not only is time relative, and this is where we really come into trouble understanding this, because it really begins to get weird at this point. When you are released from this linear timeframe that we are existing in, and you can enter into the timelessness of eternity, there is then no past and or no future, but everything is present, because now you're released from time. And in time, we know past, present, future. But released from the linear time zone, then the past or the future do not exist; everything is now in the present. Now the writer of Eccleciastes tried to describe that and he only made it more confusing. But, of course, our minds can't grasp it anyhow, so it would just boggle our minds to try to conceive it.

But that which is past, he said, is now. And that which shall be has already been. And God requires that which is past. So figure that one out and you've got eternity wired. Everything happening now, so that in this relativity of time, in reality, our lives are spent like a story that's already been told. We're like a re-run as far as God is concerned, because God living outside of the time dimension can see the whole picture at once.

So, yes, I suppose the creation days could be six literal days... but perhaps there is more to it than that.....

"Living outside of the time dimension' is bad new age philosophy and religious rationale. If time is our measurement of rates of change, without 'time' there is no change, and if God is 'outside time,' God is unable to act, He/She is frozen out of time.

Plus even as a poor rationale it doesnt work because Genesis clearly specifies time, a day, the period between sunrise and sunset, morning and evening.....and if God created the universe during that specified period of time, God was operating within time, God was not 'outside of time,' but acting within it.
\

Whether or not the "rationale" is bad or good is not pertinent to the discussion of "time." You seem to be backing away from the discussion of "time" ..... and the distinction you made.

Try to get "scientific" for a moment.

Try this.... can a non-corporeal entity... one that is not bound by matter..... exist outside of "human time?"

You made this distinction, not me....

I'm not backing away from anything. It's a simple matter: Genesis describes time in terms of a morning and evening of each day of Creation.

That is time.

It is time in terms of the period between sunrise and sunset, not "God time," not "God is outside time" Crock, but a period of time as we know it, a plain simple day, the sun rises, the sun sets: a day has passed as the writer of Genesis defines it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
No, Genesis does not necessarily state that the earth was created in six literal days. That is simply your self serving interpretation and opinion. An opinion impacted by your continuing denial. What you state as “Undeniable” is simplistic and false.

The level of a denial of the truth you display is mind boggling. It is a simple fact that Genesis specifies mornings and evenings of each day of creation.

I quote;

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

''The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

A morning and evening does not represent an epoch or millions of years, just a day.

You remind me a bit like all the “scientists” that presented all the “facts” regarding Covid and the vaccine..facts that were “undeniable” but later shown to be pretty much nothing but self serving lies. The “science” was not factual nor true.

The same bible you are quoting also says, "A day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as a day.

That's a different context. Genesis describes literal days in human terms. Morning and evening of each day is not "God Time,' but a period daylight from morning to evening, one day. However God is supposed to experience time has no relevance to "the morning of the first day and the evening of the first day," etc.

Well, this is interesting.... you note that there is "God Time" and there is time "... in human terms." I like that distinction and your characterization may be pretty much correct.

"God Time" and "Human Time" .... "Humans are made of "matter".... atoms and what not and we live in a physical world. God is "Spirit" and is "not matter."

Given that brief introduction, what follows, while lengthy, is the most interesting point of view I have ever seen regarding "time."

Lifted....

So you have to think of a time when the earth didn't exist if you go back far enough. So in your mind go back just as far as you can possibly think back. Now as you go back in your mind, as far as you can go back, there comes a point, it's sort of a vanishing point. In other words, you just can't think of anything before that. It sort of fades out into a vanishing point. That's this Hebrew word everlasting, from this vanishing point.

Now in your mind think forward as far as you can think on into eternity. Now they say that if a little bird will go down here to Huntington Beach and take a drop of water in its beak out of the surf there, and every morning as the sun would rise, would take one hop towards New York. And when the little bird arrived in New York, it would drop that water in New York harbor. And then start back a hop a day towards Huntington Beach again. By the time that little bird emptied the Pacific Ocean into the Atlantic Ocean, the first day of eternity would just be getting its start. So think of out in the future to the vanishing point, you know. You think out so far and then it just vanishes. So the Hebrew word has that as its meaning. Actually, literally from the vanishing point as far as I can think until my mind just hits the vanishing point, to as far out as I can think this way, till my mind hits the vanishing point, you're God. You've existed. You will exist.

There is even a Hebrew word that is stronger than that. It is beyond the vanishing point. You know, when I get to the vanishing point, and then out beyond that. And that's the strongest word in Hebrew for the eternity. It's beyond the vanishing point. But vanishing point is far enough for me. From everlasting to everlasting God has existed.

You turn man to destruction; and you say, Return, ye children of men. For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night ( Psalms 90:3-4 ).

So the relativity of time. A thousand years is just like a day as far as the Lord is concerned. Now Peter tells this in talking to us about the coming again of Jesus Christ. He said, "In the last days, there will be scoffers that will come saying, 'Oh, where is the promise of His coming? Since our fathers have fallen asleep, everything continues as they were from the beginning.'" ( 2 Peter 3:3 , 2 Peter 3:4 ) God's not going to come. You know, where is it? Where is the promise? He is not here. And Peter said you've got to realize that a thousand years is as a day unto the Lord and a day is as a thousand years. So time is only relative to us. We think in the terms of time. We always think in terms of linear time. Here's the beginning; here's the end. Here's my birth; here's my death. Time in a linear way.

But that's because we are involved in matter. But if we weren't matter, then time wouldn't matter. Time only matters to matter. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, actually, time doesn't exist. Only except in matter. And so time can be stretched if you're going fast enough. So, in according to his theory, that if you can accelerate yourself to the speed of light, time would stand still. So if you could accelerate yourself to the speed of light and head out for the Andromeda galaxy, about... oh, let's not go to the Adromeda galaxy, that's too far. Let's go to Proxima, or Alpha Centauri. They're our closest solar neighbors. Traveling on this ray of light you could get to Centauri, Alpha Centauri, you could get there in four-and-a-half years. You could make the round-trip in nine years. But when you got back though, you would be the same age. Time would have stood still for you because of the speed at which you were traveling. When you got back, the earth would be nine years older. Your wife would be nine years older than you are at this point. Now, if you went further, if you did go to Andromeda galaxy, one million five hundred thousand light years out there, you'd come back in three million years. Now the whole earth would be different by that time. You'd look around you wouldn't find any of your friends. But you would only be, you know, a matter of hours older, because time would have stood still because of the speed you were traveling. Because if you travel that fast, you're going to turn into energy, and because you have no materials, you're just energy at that point, then time ceases to exist. This is the idea of the relativity, Einstein's theory of relativity. And so there's no way that we can really prove it. So you just have to accept it because he was a smart man.

But it is interesting that the Bible does hint to relativity of time as far as God is concerned. "A thousand years in Your sight is like yesterday when it's past." And, as Peter said, "A day is as a thousand years to the Lord, a thousand years is as a day."

Now that is interesting in the light of in the book of Hosea, he speaks of Israel sort of being out of the land, dispersed for two years. And he said, "And in the third year, I will raise her up and she will dwell in the land." Or, "for two days," rather, "and in the third day... " "After two days He will revive us, and in the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live in His sight" ( Hosea 6:2 ). And so Israel was destroyed and dispersed from the land for about two thousand years. And now they've been raised up again. And so, a thousand years is as a thousand years to the Lord... a day is as a thousand years.

So you say, "Oh, but the Lord's waiting so long to come back." Yeah, a couple days. Relativity of time.

You carry them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which grows up. In the morning it flourishes, it grows up; in the evening and it cuts down, and withers ( Psalms 90:5-6 )

We are consumed by your anger, and by your wrath we are troubled. You have set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins are in the light of your countenance. For all of our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told ( Psalms 90:7-9 ).

Now, not only is time relative, and this is where we really come into trouble understanding this, because it really begins to get weird at this point. When you are released from this linear timeframe that we are existing in, and you can enter into the timelessness of eternity, there is then no past and or no future, but everything is present, because now you're released from time. And in time, we know past, present, future. But released from the linear time zone, then the past or the future do not exist; everything is now in the present. Now the writer of Eccleciastes tried to describe that and he only made it more confusing. But, of course, our minds can't grasp it anyhow, so it would just boggle our minds to try to conceive it.

But that which is past, he said, is now. And that which shall be has already been. And God requires that which is past. So figure that one out and you've got eternity wired. Everything happening now, so that in this relativity of time, in reality, our lives are spent like a story that's already been told. We're like a re-run as far as God is concerned, because God living outside of the time dimension can see the whole picture at once.

So, yes, I suppose the creation days could be six literal days... but perhaps there is more to it than that.....

Hot dam TF49, man o man!....is it ok if I copy that for references?

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
because God living outside of the time dimension can see the whole picture at once.

How do you know that?

You not only did not read the entire article but you also could not grasp the concept presented.

Boom! Remarkable!

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Aren’t you the same moron who praised the fake covid closures of schools and churches and thought Australian gun control was good?

Typical facist

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Jesus died a horrible, shameful death on The Cross for our sins.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Who's the caucasian whitey in that image? Was he a friend of Jesus'? (below)

Should this be the image you're looking for be this one?:

By the way, what was the sacrifice? Did Jesus go to hell on everyone's behalf? Or was the few days as a zombie it?

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
And another atheist low iq moron that said the fake covid vaccines would cure covid and bragged on here how great the. Government crackdowns on private businesses were

No wonder you thought the confiscation of firearms in Australia was a great idea. We witnessed the same atheist low iq fascists idiots like you help round up millions of innocent human beings for slaughter in the 20 th century

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I quote;

Lifted....

"Living outside of the time dimension' is bad new age philosophy and religious rationale. If time is our measurement of rates of change, without 'time' there is no change, and if God is 'outside time,' God is unable to act, He/She is frozen out of time.

Plus even as a poor rationale it doesnt work because Genesis clearly specifies time, a day, the period between sunrise and sunset, morning and evening.....and if God created the universe during that specified period of time, God was operating within time, God was not 'outside of time,' but acting within it.
\

Whether or not the "rationale" is bad or good is not pertinent to the discussion of "time." You seem to be backing away from the discussion of "time" ..... and the distinction you made.

Try this.... can a non-corporeal entity... one that is not bound by matter..... exist outside of "human time?"

I'm not backing away from anything. It's a simple matter: Genesis describes time in terms of a morning and evening of each day of Creation.

That is time.

It is time in terms of the period between sunrise and sunset, not "God time," not "God is outside time" Crock, but a period of time as we know it, a plain simple day, the sun rises, the sun sets: a day has passed as the writer of Genesis defines it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

How do you know that?

No it's not - that's a stupid thing to say. My question is an honest one. Prove that "because God living outside of the time dimension can see the whole picture at once." is true, starting with a god existing in the first place, then move on to her/his/its capabilities.

Nope, again you misunderstand.....the burden of proof is not mine. You however do have the task of seeking and finding. Whistling in the graveyard is a poor strategy.

Your claim and your responsibility to prove. I have no reason to accept your claim - simple as that.

Whistling in the graveyard is a poor strategy for what? I don't frequent graveyards.

Ok, I’ll play….. so tell me, what claim do you think I made?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ribka
Aren’t you the same moron who praised the fake covid closures of schools and churches and thought Australian gun control was good?

Typical facist

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Jesus died a horrible, shameful death on The Cross for our sins.

Who's the caucasian whitey in that image? Was he a friend of Jesus'? (below)

Should this be the image you're looking for be this one?:

By the way, what was the sacrifice? Did Jesus go to hell on everyone's behalf? Or was the few days as a zombie it?

No. You must have a syphilitic brain or something.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I quote;

Lifted....

\

That is time.

Nope, you backed away ….and simply reverted to the SOS…..

You cannot get away from the six days and intellectually engage the topic of “God Time.”

You did not engage in the topic that YOU brought up……

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

How do you know that?

LOL!!!! Jesus Fucking Christ - that claim of yours is in bold.

Well?
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

How do you know that?

Well, no….. I don’t think you read my post or the article. Very poor reading comprehension on your part.

If you had comprehended what was in that post you would have seen that I was presenting “an interesting viewpoint.” DBT brought up the subject of “God Time” and I responded by “lifting” a portion of an article about “time.”

So, you are again in error by alleging that I made a claim…. I merely presented an article with provocative concepts.

You should calm down.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Well, no….. I don’t think you read my post or the article. Very poor reading comprehension on your part.

If you had comprehended what was in that post you would have seen that I was presenting “an interesting viewpoint.” DBT brought up the subject of “God Time” and I responded by “lifting” a portion of an article about “time.”

So, you are again in error by alleging that I made a claim…. I merely presented an article with provocative concepts.

You should calm down.

Well, no. You presented bullshit that you are unable and unwilling to backup. Inserting a god where none is needed, and only deepening a mystery - all packaged with bafflegab at its finest.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You should calm down.

Your 'lifted' article on time had no bearing on what is written and described in Genesis, which is in fact defined by a single morning and a single evening of each and every literal day of Creation: six literal days are described, from sunrise to sunset.

It's undeniable. It cannot be interpreted as special God time, eons or millennia, only what is stipulated, a day, sunrise to sunset.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jesus said that when we see Him, we see the Father.

If we look past Jesus, we’re looking past the Father. If we stop short of Jesus, we’ve stopped short of the Father.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by krp
Gospel/scripture is Christ, confirmed biblically.

The understanding of the Gospel/scripture is through the Holy Spirit, confirmed biblically.

Our personal relationship with Christ/gospel/scripture is spiritual, confirmed biblically.

Christ is the living Gospel, from the infinity of before into the infinity forward, confirmed biblically

The bible contains snippets of this infinite gospel, from the creation onward. The written word is to lead some to awareness of the Holy Spirit, each person is different.

It could be as little as two words... I am... it could be a child singing Jesus loves me this I know... it could be as an infant, Paul speaking to Timothy... it could even be in the womb as with John the baptist.

Any of these steps can lead to the Holy Spirit and the living Gospel.

Kent

This is a good example of Gnostic Spiritualism.

You frequently said "confirmed Biblically".

I ask you for the evidence of that statement. Please, provide the Biblical evidence for what you claim.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by antlers
Regardless of your assertions, and regardless of your interpretations, and regardless of your extrapolations…Christianity itself began in the 1st century after Jesus died and was resurrected.

No. That is not the case. Dispensational theology teaches that but Dispensational theology is neither Christian theology nor is it found in the church before the early 1800's.

Paul spends a significant amount of time in the book of Romans talking about Israel. He also speaks much about the Law telling us that the Law never brought righteousness. The Law was added to magnify the offense of sin and demonstrate that human righteousness is not sufficient for salvation/to appease God.

When he addresses believers in relation to Israel he has already established, from OT scripture, that the true Israel is the Israel of promise not the Israel established by the blood line. The promise which defines spiritual Israel started with the covenant between Christ and Abraham and was recorded by Moses in Genesis 15.

Paul, speaking to Christians, very specifically says that we are grafted in. If we are not grafted in to the one true faith, spiritual Israel, into what is he telling us that we are grafted? From the context of the passages spiritual Israel is our only option.

I was raised believing Dispensational theology. I thank God that through the Holy Spirit preachers were sent into my life to teach me the truth of the Gospel and the beauty of that to which I am connected through Christ. What I type here are not my assertions, interpretations or extrapolations. What I type here is the historical view of the church as handed down by the apostles until dispensational theology exploded onto the scene in America in the early 1800's.

Dispensationalsim has done its work when it erases Christ from most of the text of scripture and changes the historical understanding of the Gospel throughout time.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/06/23.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If someone gave up on Christianity because of something in the Bible or something about the Bible, they gave up on Christianity unnecessarily. Even if someone is leaning towards the door and is about to leave Christianity because of something in the Bible or something about the Bible, they don’t have to leave. And if someone is choosing not to embrace Christianity because of something in the Bible or something about the Bible, they can go ahead and embrace it.

And here’s why that is: Unbelievers in the first century were never asked to become Christians through blind faith in an authoritative Christian Bible that didn’t even exist yet, but on the reality of God and the historical fact of the Resurrection. The New Testament writers did not create the Resurrection; the Resurrection created the New Testament writers. So Christianity would still be true even if every Christian Bible in the world were non-existent.

The foundation of Christianity is not a collection of 66 ancient writings we call the Christian Bible. The foundation of Christianity is the reality of God and the historicity of Jesus, His life and teachings, and His resurrection. The Christian Bible wouldn’t even exist unless the Resurrection occurred.

It’s a false assumption to think that the Bible is the foundation of Christianity. And those skeptics with an agenda exploit this false assumption to preach their Gospel of disbelief to undermine the credibility of Christianity.

How has the church…and most Christians…responded to the exploitation of this false assumption…? They haven’t done anything…! They carry on with their preaching and their teaching just as they’ve always preached and just as they’ve always taught. They keep preaching and teaching the same way old way...“Here’s the Bible, it’s all true, believe it. Period”. The culture that we live in is an increasingly post-Christian culture, and when people have real academic questions about the faith, they’re often given Sunday School answers ~ so no wonder the church is hemorrhaging members and Christianity is on the decline in America.

So these skeptics with an agenda try to dismantle the Bible…and consequently, in their mind…they’re dismantling Christianity. I think that only vehemently defending the Bible is the wrong approach to this; the Bible can be defended, but the better approach is to address the false assumption…that the Bible is the foundation of Christianity…that’s driving all of this in the first place. I can change my approach without having to change what I believe. And I don’t have to change my view of and respect for the Christian Bible either. In fact it’s the opposite; I’m more convinced now than ever. I simply adjusted my approach, my apologetic. I’m not gonna lend any fuel to this false assumption that the Bible is the foundation of Christianity.

So what was the foundation of Peter’s faith…? Where did Peter get his hope…? Where did Peter get his boldness…? Where did he get his confidence…? How is it he’s out walking around in the open…proclaiming Jesus to the very people who had Him killed…whereas before he was afraid and ran for his life…? It sure as heck wasn’t because of something he read in the old testament ~ the one that he’d been reading and studying his entire life…!

The foundation of the faith of Jesus’ original followers in the first century wasn’t something they read or had read to them. The foundation of their faith was what they’d seen. So for Christians nowadays, what should be the foundation of their faith…? What should be the epicenter of their confidence…?

Peter would say “that’s easy…the resurrection”…!

This is how the message of Jesus survived the Jewish Temple and the Roman Empire.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Everything has a creator, architect, engineer...the phone you are on, your pc, your house, car, etc, etc. Why would you think this planet, galaxy, universe would be any different...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I quote;

Lifted....

TF49 speaking of Psalm 90 have you heard this ?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The first-century followers of Jesus embraced the stand-alone version of Christianity. They didn’t need a book to prop up their faith. They didn’t need creation explained to them to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the story of Noah, or the story of Jonah to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the Law of Moses to prop up their faith. Again, they didn’t need a book to prop up their faith. Christianity stood on its own two nail-scarred, resurrection, first-century feet. It did then, and it does now.

Page 58 of 108 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (219 Wasp, 257Bob, 22magnut, 257man, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 1,833 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,242
Posts18,524,949
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.