Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 59 of 108 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 107 108
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul said there’s only one thing that serves as the foundation of Christianity. And if this one thing goes away then Christianity goes away. And it sure as heck was not the old testament. These are his words ~ “if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is useless and so is your faith.” And Paul didn’t say this about ‘anything’ else. Paul said ‘this’ is the foundation of our faith ~ and the foundation is the thing that determines everything else about the building.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by krp
Gospel/scripture is Christ, confirmed biblically.

The understanding of the Gospel/scripture is through the Holy Spirit, confirmed biblically.

Our personal relationship with Christ/gospel/scripture is spiritual, confirmed biblically.

Christ is the living Gospel, from the infinity of before into the infinity forward, confirmed biblically

The bible contains snippets of this infinite gospel, from the creation onward. The written word is to lead some to awareness of the Holy Spirit, each person is different.

It could be as little as two words... I am... it could be a child singing Jesus loves me this I know... it could be as an infant, Paul speaking to Timothy... it could even be in the womb as with John the baptist.

Any of these steps can lead to the Holy Spirit and the living Gospel.

Kent

This is a good example of Gnostic Spiritualism.

You frequently said "confirmed Biblically".

I ask you for the evidence of that statement. Please, provide the Biblical evidence for what you claim.

All ready did with Jesus, John the baptist and even Paul.

Kent

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from wallpapercave.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Gospel/scripture is Christ, confirmed biblically.

The understanding of the Gospel/scripture is through the Holy Spirit, confirmed biblically.

Our personal relationship with Christ/gospel/scripture is spiritual, confirmed biblically.

Christ is the living Gospel, from the infinity of before into the infinity forward, confirmed biblically

The bible contains snippets of this infinite gospel, from the creation onward. The written word is to lead some to awareness of the Holy Spirit, each person is different.

It could be as little as two words... I am... it could be a child singing Jesus loves me this I know... it could be as an infant, Paul speaking to Timothy... it could even be in the womb as with John the baptist.

Any of these steps can lead to the Holy Spirit and the living Gospel.

Kent

This is a good example of Gnostic Spiritualism.

You frequently said "confirmed Biblically".

I ask you for the evidence of that statement. Please, provide the Biblical evidence for what you claim.

All ready did with Jesus, John the baptist and even Paul.

Kent

Scripture does not back up your views because your views are not taught in scripture as orthodox belief and practice.

If we look at the historic narratives we don't see the practices that you champion in evidence.

From all appearances of what you write you cannot give scriptural support for what you believe. Rather, you have a belief and you find a scripture or scriptures, out of context, to support your doctrine.

If what you claim as Christianity was actually consistent with scripture and historical Christianity you would not give the answer that you just typed out.

You have proven that you are a Gnostic.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/06/23.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Antlers,

You are selecting verses to make a point without considering other texts that don't support your view. Your quote of Paul's letter to the Corinthian church does not negate or counter what Paul taught in the book of Romans.

You have made the claim that the Holy Spirit will lead all Christians into truth. Yet, the truth that you have been led into contradicts scripture, the historical record of the church, church history and what has been held as sound church doctrine handed down by the Apostles.

If God has led you into truth, God is made a liar by the truth into which you have "been led". The Holy Spirit did not lead you, nor did the Holy Spirit lead KRP, into "truth" that contradicts the clear teachings of scripture.

We are also told to test the spirits to see if they are from God. Since it is impossible for the Holy Spirit to have led you and KRP into error I sincerely ask the two of you to ask yourselves what spirit has led you to the place where you find yourself.

IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You have made the claim that the Holy Spirit will lead all Christians into truth.
Jesus made the claim that the Holy Spirit would lead His followers into all the truth.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
And yet you have been led into lies.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The history of the church is ripe with examples of “orthodox belief and practice” that is extra Biblical to the Nth degree.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You place SO much emphasis on “orthodox belief and practice” and on the “two thousand years of church history and doctrine,” instead of on the first-century passion of what it meant to simply strive to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus. The first century approach to advancing the Gospel modeled by Jesus and His apostles is very different from what we see today, and it’s definitely much different from what I see in what you post here on these type of threads.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
The first-century followers of Jesus embraced the stand-alone version of Christianity. They didn’t need a book to prop up their faith. They didn’t need creation explained to them to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the story of Noah, or the story of Jonah to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the Law of Moses to prop up their faith. Again, they didn’t need a book to prop up their faith. Christianity stood on its own two nail-scarred, resurrection, first-century feet. It did then, and it does now.
Actually, 1st C Christian had and used books. They had, varying by location, different books of the NT as they became available (often as letters written to their congregation) and they had and used the Torah and various other OT books.

Jesus believed, read & taught from the OT and the earliest Christians congregated in the synagogues until they were kicked out. Because Christianity is Judaism fulfilled. Christianity is the direct line, not the current Jewish sects.

While we still share various books with Jewish sects, the interpretation is obviously different.

Last edited by Tyrone; 04/06/23.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There were lots of Christians before any of those “letters” that you mentioned were ever even written. And Gentile Christians didn’t give two flips about Judaism; the ‘only’ reason they became interested in the scripture of the Ancient Hebrews at all was because they told of Jesus, and they were certainly interested in Him.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I believe Christianity is a sect of Judaism. The first Christians were Jewish and a few Gentile followers of Jesus who was the observant Jew/prophet/messenger from God.

The so called Christian church that followed for the most part stamped out the true followers of Jesus and tacked a bunch onto him that he never himself taught.

One of the usurpers claimed to talk to Jesus and even went on a trip to heaven and back to earth.

Some of the first Christians that were closest to Jesus in time and place are mostly unknown except for what their enemies had to say. These enemies became the ruling religious/civil power of the civilized world of the day and used their Christian organization to stamp out anything other than their "truth"

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
So now you are agreeing that Christ is found in the OT text.

Why would Christ be found in the text if His presence in the text wasn’t related to salvation?

You narrative, no matter how many times you declare it to be so, does not stand up to serious scrutiny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gentile Christians didn’t give two flips about Judaism; the ‘only’ reason they became interested in the scripture of the Ancient Hebrews at all was because they told of Jesus, and they were certainly interested in Him.
Yes, they did. They originally met in synagogues where those were available.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So now you are agreeing that Christ is found in the OT text.
There’s no “now” to it.

Bland, insipid, ‘religious’ fare is an apt description of the church’s “orthodox belief and practice” after about the first 300 years of Christianity.

You come across as being very ‘religious.’ Just like the Pharisees of Jesus’ day were very ‘religious.’

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gentile Christians didn’t give two flips about Judaism;…
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Yes, they did.
No, they didn’t. And Gentile Christians met anywhere they could (including the catacombs).

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Again, you misuse the definition of legalism implied in your statement.

I have not discussed my understanding of the third use of the law so your claim is not founded.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Bland, insipid, ‘religious’ fare is an apt description of the church’s “orthodox belief and practice” after about the first 300 years of Christianity.

And yet we are instructed to not abandon gathering together with the local body.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gentile Christians didn’t give two flips about Judaism;…
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Yes, they did.
No, they didn’t. And Gentile Christians met anywhere they could (including the catacombs).
They gathered in catacombs after persecution started, but generalized persecution wasn't the rule from the start.

The first meeting places were synagogues.
https://earlychurchhistory.org/communication/ancient-jewish-synagogues-gentiles/

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Isn’t it documented that Christians met in the synagogues and in homes before persecution drove the church underground? I recall at least a couple references in the NT. I know that some of the apostles went to the synagogue to preach the Gospel.

Tyrone. When, after the death of the Apostles, did that persecution start? I don’t remember the date.

Page 59 of 108 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (219 Wasp, 22kHornet, 219DW, 10ring1, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 42 invisible), 1,863 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,559
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.