Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In the market my self so this thread is much appreciated. Looking at a 420 Honda rancher 2023 model for 7800 or a 2022 model Rubicon for 9450 are those prices high or normal? I won't use it everyday like you guys but it will see some use..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
GB1

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
When the Rancher had the medium frame 08 - 13, and fuel injection. That was an excellent machine!
I would not buy a newer Rancher in the full sized frame! Buy the 520 engine, not the 420…

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Got lucky this morning cruising the local Craigslist found a 2018 420 Rancher with irs, eps and only 742 miles locally owned by an older woman who only rode it occaisionally. Never had a kid or teenager on it, allways garaged. Not a ding or a dang on it. I was the first to call and go check it out. They listed it yesterday still can't believe I got it. Nice condition atv's around here don't exist most look throughly thrashed. This one is street ready to boot. I didn't get the price down much but condition is like new. Went down to the bank before they closed pulled the cash we did a bill of sale and transfered the title handed her the green. My f-150 has an 8' box so set up the 3 fold ramp and drove it into the back. Less than 5 miles from home. That ought to prove even a blind pig can find an acorn ever once in awhile..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Got lucky this morning cruising the local Craigslist found a 2018 420 Rancher with irs, eps and only 742 miles locally owned by an older woman who only rode it occaisionally. Never had a kid or teenager on it, allways garaged. Not a ding or a dang on it. I was the first to call and go check it out. They listed it yesterday still can't believe I got it. Nice condition atv's around here don't exist most look throughly thrashed. This one is street ready to boot. I didn't get the price down much but condition is like new. Went down to the bank before they closed pulled the cash we did a bill of sale and transfered the title handed her the green. My f-150 has an 8' box so set up the 3 fold ramp and drove it into the back. Less than 5 miles from home. That ought to prove even a blind pig can find an acorn ever once in awhile..mb

CONGRATULATIONS

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks AGL I learned alot on this thread to narrow down what I needed. You asked the questions that I needed the answers for my self. Thanks again.mb

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Glad somebody bought a machine because of these threads.
wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You're gonna love the mpg on that Rancher... as compared to the bigger machines where the mpg is a toilet flushing

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah I am allready in love with it. Checked the hrs on it 100.9 total, I looked it over hard for the.likely spots for mud accumulation that a pressure wash won't git none nada. The gal who sold it was 70+ and it was hers from the day she got it new. This thread did more than anything to show me what kind of machine I needed. Alaska guys know what makes the grade and what don't. New one like it not currently availible around here is 9k I bought this one for 6800. Maybe to much but I've seen alot of atv's same size or larger as well as older with 5 to 10x the miles for more $'s, i'm satisfied.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
DO NOT BUY AN ARCTIC CAT.

That's all I'm gonna bother to add to this thread, some great info has been given out so far.

Gee I wish I’d known that years ago. I bought a 650 TRV new in 2006 in Wasilla. Still have it today. I’ve used mine really hard, have only had to do oil changes and it has towed every brand of ATV out of the woods over the last 17 years. I plowed probably 100 miles of driveway with it, hauled moose and caribou out over truly rough, untrailed country, dragged way bigger logs than I imagined possible and crossed streams I probably should not have forded.

I’ll keep mine. It’s never let me down.

Hi Mart. That was in 2006, and I'm guessing yours is pre EFI. The ones they crank out today, suck. The EFI harnesses constantly have problems and cause the quad to throw codes and not function as intended.

Add to that the whole transfer case debacle where they changed designs mid year in 2018 and if you have a pre design change quad, you have to get the upfit kit, which can only be gotten from a dealer, who won't sell it to you because you aren't a dealer. They "have to install it" and charge for labor.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's a pic of Magnum Bob's Rancher.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It looks like a clean one.

LHS

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks Lyle for posting it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Congrats Bob, way to be a man of action. Some guys waste decades, hypothetically thinking out loud, wishing and dreaming...

To quote the famous big stick

Hint hint....

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/13/23.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Last Sept I put some cash down to pre-order a Camo 2023 Honda 520 Foreman at Ron's Honda in Wasilla, they quoted me ETA sometime in March, never showed up ...

Called them yesterday and the fella said they only received one '23 Foreman since and Honda didn't make a bunch of them , instead they went straight to manufacturing the 2024 models,
quoted ETA .... 60 more days ! not convinced ...

And no more camo , only green, tan & red

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Just two weeks to flatten the curve....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Usually I like to think over big purchases overnite atleast but around here right now you damn well need to act instantly . Just like in the gunshop you see something you like or want you don't put it down till you agree on price and say I'll take it, had to learn that the hard way but only needed the lesson once. The color didn't put me off as much as Honda red or their bud light blue. Mb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Been running Honda ATV's since 1992 when I traded some work to the Honda shop in Bend Oregon for two Fourtrax 300's. I've never broke down on one that I remember. I still have one of the small ones one Honda 450 4x4 that I love.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The camo was trash anyway, a sticker that flaked & peeled off and the 2007 Foreman ended up tan .... one hunting season & a trip to the car wash blasted away the camo sticker

the 2017 Foreman has what looks like Hydro-dipped camo and more durable than the stickers, still fading away after a few years of rough trails, brush & high pressure car wash hosing

I only use the 4 wheeler for two weeks of moose hunting every Sept and spring black bear when I have time, the rest of the year it's chained to a tree and covered by a tarp, guess the molded green color plastic cowling will alway be green on that 2024, IF it ever shows up !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AGL4now
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Holy Fugg. It's not that difficult. Whatever you buy, if you price it reasonable it will sell and sell pretty quickly.

I started in business before most on this forum were born or a twinkle in their daddy's eyes. I was in business in 1955. I was a securities broker, owned three real estate companies, one guide outfitter company, and for entertainment I buy and sell heavy equipment. So don't need any lessons in how to market a product. Rule #1 is knowing your "market". Rule #2 is don't overpay. Rule #3 is having a plan. Rule #4 is don't pay any attention to those who think you're a fool, and that they know your business better then you.

Since you buy and sell heavy equipment.... Honda= Caterpillar. They are quality machines and will sell easily when priced accordingly. Just decide what features you want and buy it.... won't matter on resale as long as it's 4x4.

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Holy Fugg. It's not that difficult. Whatever you buy, if you price it reasonable it will sell and sell pretty quickly.

I started in business before most on this forum were born or a twinkle in their daddy's eyes. I was in business in 1955. I was a securities broker, owned three real estate companies, one guide outfitter company, and for entertainment I buy and sell heavy equipment. So don't need any lessons in how to market a product. Rule #1 is knowing your "market". Rule #2 is don't overpay. Rule #3 is having a plan. Rule #4 is don't pay any attention to those who think you're a fool, and that they know your business better then you.

Since you buy and sell heavy equipment.... Honda= Caterpillar. They are quality machines and will sell easily when priced accordingly. Just decide what features you want and buy it.... won't matter on resale as long as it's 4x4.

"PLEASE" advise which dealership you suggest I go to that has "ALL" models and colors on display, Plus they would have an additional 266 back-up units the warehouse. So, as I might choose one and leave with it.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
"PLEASE" advise which dealership you suggest I go to that has "ALL" models and colors on display, Plus they would have an additional 266 back-up units the warehouse. So, as I might choose one and leave with it.

That ship pretty much sailed a couple of years ago. If you want a new ATV now just pay their price and bend over. The math is simple, if you don't someone else will.

Weren't you looking to buy an ATV a few years ago as well?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (1lessdog, 160user, 12344mag, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 22 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.