Print Thread
Hop To
Page 62 of 108 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 107 108
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Hastings
Jesus clearly said that until heaven and earth pass away the law will stand. He absolutely said that and twist it all you wish it still means what it says.
You clearly and intentionally left out the “till all in it (the law) is fulfilled” part of what Jesus said in the same verse that you only partially quoted. And yeah, He absolutely said THAT and twist it all you wish it still means what it says.
Right, and heaven and earth have not passed away and not all has been fulfilled. Jesus hasn't returned yet. Pray for understanding.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jesus clearly said that until heaven and earth pass away the law will stand. He absolutely said that and twist it all you wish it still means what it says.
You clearly and intentionally left out the “till all in it (the law) is fulfilled” part of what Jesus said in the same verse that you only partially quoted. And yeah, He absolutely said THAT and twist it all you wish it still means what it says.
Right, and heaven and earth have not passed away and not all has been fulfilled. Jesus hasn't returned yet.
All in ‘the law’ has absolutely been fulfilled. Jesus Himself clearly said so. The verse is clearly about ‘the law’, it’s not about anything else.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sin is still sin.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Given recent threats and shootings and calling for shootings by certain communities towards Christians - you all might want to keep your head on a swivel at Easter services this weekend.

Me

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49
Only a fool believes that “everything comes from nothing.”
That's a rather harsh self-assessment of yourself and fellow creationists. “everything comes from nothing.” is the basis of the storyline from your favourite fable. Hopefully seeing the foolishness, and acknowledging the issue, is the first step to seeking the truth.
It looks as though you completely missed the point. With regard to substance, to "create" is to make something from nothing. But, TF49 did not speak of "making" a substance - not at all.

Substance - the created. Source - the Creator.

He said "comes from" - a statement about source, not substance. The point being that God is the source.

The source created everything from nothing? Tomato vs tomato. Still magic.

Matter/energy may have always existed, once again displacing the god post-it note.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Sin is still sin.

Only for sinners. Us non-sinners have no concern for such a notion.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For those who are interested, here is another article on God….and time….

A quick read ….

https://www.gotquestions.org/God-time.html

Thanks...got it....

Now wait for the influx of the "Atheistic Last Word" folks to try and counter your nicely thought out argument....they are a joke to society....as was shown by Killer....Mauser is the one in the middle, he says.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So says Raspy as he tries to get the last word in. And even then it's neither true or rational. wink

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
For those who are interested, here is another article on God….and time….

A quick read ….

https://www.gotquestions.org/God-time.html

Thanks...got it....

Now wait for the influx of the "Atheistic Last Word" folks to try and counter your nicely thought out argument....they are a joke to society....as was shown by Killer....Mauser is the one in the middle, he says.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And Rasphole checks out of the debate - resorting to bullshit like a petulant child.

Whatever you said..everyone knows you are a lying jerk. LOL!!!

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a rather harsh self-assessment of yourself and fellow creationists. “everything comes from nothing.” is the basis of the storyline from your favourite fable. Hopefully seeing the foolishness, and acknowledging the issue, is the first step to seeking the truth.
It looks as though you completely missed the point. With regard to substance, to "create" is to make something from nothing. But, TF49 did not speak of "making" a substance - not at all.

He said "comes from" - a statement about source, not substance. The point being that God is the source.

You appear to be suggesting the Hindu principle of Brahman as the 'ground of all existence and being.'

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Right, and heaven and earth have not passed away and not all has been fulfilled. Jesus hasn't returned yet.
All in ‘the law’ has absolutely been fulfilled. Jesus Himself clearly said so. The verse is clearly about ‘the law’, it’s not about anything else.
Look, I am positive you will not change and get out of your investment. I am hoping some folks on the sidelines will look into it and see that the mainstream church ran off the rails long ago with their Pauline Christianity.

Jesus was clear in what he taught and he did not need some usurper to come along and hijack his name, but I believe he predicted this would happen, and it did.

Rest assured I'm really not talking to you.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Look, I am positive you will not change and get out of your investment. I am hoping some folks on the sidelines will look into it and see that the mainstream church ran off the rails long ago with their Pauline Christianity.

Jesus was clear in what he taught and he did not need some usurper to come along and hijack his name, but I believe he predicted this would happen, and it did.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
But we’re not talking about Pauline Christianity. ‘You’ brought up Matthew 5:18 yourself, and you intentionally misquoted what Jesus said (first by omission) in order to twist it to fit your belief regarding the Mosaic Law.

And it’s probably darned likely that “some folks on the sidelines” can clearly see that.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It's about Antler Christianity.

Well?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Looks like YOU are the usurper of God’s Holy scripture. Here we go yet again with the Paul bashing. I would suggest that you believe Paul’s gospel that was revealed to Paul by the risen Lord Jesus (according to scripture). If not, you are calling our Almighty God a liar.

Paul’s gospel means one must believe Jesus died for your sins, was buried, and then rose from the dead. There is no salvation for one (like you) who rejects Paul. Those who think Paul was a usurper or false apostle are deceived and try to deceive others.

There is currently no gospel of salvation without Paul, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. Paul commanded us to copy him and to shun anyone who says otherwise. Anyone is cursed who espouses a different gospel (from Paul’s), Galatians 1:6-9

One has to believe Paul’s gospel of grace to be saved—that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the grave. Paul’s gospel is the only valid gospel, Acts 15:11, and it was decreed by Peter. If you reject Paul, which you obviously do, you must toss out the New Testament, except for Matthew and Jude.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jesus was clear in what he taught…
Yep. And He was crystal clear in what He taught regarding the transition from the old covenant (the Law of Moses) to His New Covenant.
…and he did not need some usurper to come along and hijack his name,…
Nor does He need someone to intentionally misquote what He said in order to twist it to fit their belief.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
But we’re not talking about Pauline Christianity. ‘You’ brought up Matthew 5:18 yourself, and you intentionally misquoted what Jesus said (first by omission) in order to twist it to fit your belief regarding the Mosaic Law.

And it’s probably darned likely that “some folks on the sidelines” can clearly see that.

Antlers, Sometimes the only 'winning' move is choosing not to play......

Brother, it is not possible to move someone to the position we subscribe to when they reject the writings of Paul, Peter and Luke, 17 of the 27 NT books...

Last edited by Muffin; 04/07/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The source created everything from nothing? Tomato vs tomato. Still magic.
Matter/energy may have always existed, once again displacing the god post-it note.

If you do not understand the difference between the one who creates as compared to that which is created, it could look like tomato vs. tomato. This is not the case, but one must be able to differentiate in order to grasp the concept. The very basic definition of "create" is to make something from nothing.

Originally Posted by DBT
You appear to be suggesting the Hindu principle of Brahman as the 'ground of all existence and being.'
Seem as it may you, I am not suggesting that.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
16: Let your light shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17: Think not I am come to to destroy the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill.
18:For verily I say unto you. till heaven and earth, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

Jesus has not yet returned. Not all has been fulfilled. And I invite you to post the next 2 verses or at least read them.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jesus has not yet returned. Not all has been fulfilled.
The verse that ‘you’ brought up is clearly and specifically talking about the Law of Moses. It’s not talking about Jesus returning or anything else. Jesus was clearly and specifically talking about the Law of Moses. He wasn’t talking about His return or anything else. And He made it crystal clear that All in ‘the law’ has absolutely been fulfilled, by Him.

Page 62 of 108 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (22magnut, 257Bob, 257man, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 1,827 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,242
Posts18,524,949
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.