Print Thread
Hop To
Page 64 of 108 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 107 108
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Just Love The Lord Jesus, it's so simple.
BINGO!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT
Evolution is real, it happens. Nor is it wise to fill the gaps in our understanding of it by saying that it must be the work of God, whatever that's supposed to be.

According to the standards of science evolution is still a theory with a lot of gaps filled in by other theories no more scientifically proven than those they’re meant to support.

No, evolution is a fact and the theory is our way of tying the facts together in order to get a better understanding of it mechanisms.

Originally Posted by efw
You’re stacking mystery (scientists call them theories) upon mystery.

The facts of evolution are not theories. There are both facts of evolution and theories about the genetic and environmental means of evolution.

Originally Posted by efw
You’re just as incapable of explaining what is as those you mock.

I mock no one. Pointing out that evolution is a fact is not mockery. It is expressing the truth. The evidence is there for all see.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Evolution is real, it happens. Nor is it wise to fill the gaps in our understanding of it by saying that it must be the work of God, whatever that's supposed to be.

You made a claim…. If you can, please back it up with evidence.

How many times does this have to be done before its not dismissed out of hand?

You know that the evidence for evolution has been posted on this forum many times? And that it is readily accessible to anyone doing a simple search.

Try google scholar for countless academic articles and references.

Seems you were asked this once before and you retreated to how the “scientific community” had reached a consensus that indeed, evolutionary theory was correct and explained how “life evolved and humans came to be.” Pls try to do more than that.

Referring to science is not a retreat. Science has made astounding discoveries about the natural world, astronomy, physics, biology, evolution, etc.

You should try it. Your life is shaped by science. You communicate with phones and computers, you depend on modern medical equipment for your health, etc.

Evolution has stood for more than 150 years of testing and has not been falsified. In fact it has been established as fact.

Faith on the other hand, well, not so much....to put it kindly

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CCCC
The very basic definition of "create" is to make something from nothing.

That's your definition
No, it is not mine - it is the universal fundamental definition long used in this world - from the Latin creare and Middle English createn "to cause to exist, to cause to come into being, as something unique

and TF49 poo-pooed the idea anyway
No he did not. If you desire actual understanding of this matter, go back and fathom my original post.

Everything that is known to be created has come from something.
Not so - your statement is a theory - it is not a known. If you want others to believe that to be true, you must provide proof for the statement. This is a good place to do so.

Absent your proof, and as the foundational concept has served for centuries, creation is to make something from nothing. Try to remember the basics - the one who does it is the creator - the resulting substance is the creation.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by efw

That's your definition, snd TF49 poo-pooed the idea anyway. It does sound silly doesn't it?

Everything that is known to be created has come from something. The only exception is the excuse of god magic - and has no bearing on reality or truth. It's just a lazy, close-minded excuse to avoid having to look into what the truth is, or accepting that the truth is that you don't know. Trying to solve a mystery with another mystery is just plain stupid.

There is no escaping it.

If you were intellectually honest you could see it.

Evolution is just an alternative mystery. If that’s stupid, then you’re painted with the same brush you paint us.

Irony is that you live as if we’re right.

So you admit that faith is a mystery. Evolution is however fact, only your wilful ignorance prevents you from realising that.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

That's your definition, snd TF49 poo-pooed the idea anyway. It does sound silly doesn't it?

Everything that is known to be created has come from something. The only exception is the excuse of god magic - and has no bearing on reality or truth. It's just a lazy, close-minded excuse to avoid having to look into what the truth is, or accepting that the truth is that you don't know. Trying to solve a mystery with another mystery is just plain stupid.

Perhaps you did not read it correctly. Let me restate, who believes that everything came from nothing?

Who believes that everything must have a “natural cause?”

Everything came from God, He is the one who created everything from nothing.

Like I said, even old Aristotle figured that the world could come into being without a prime mover.

But, that aside….pls tell us how you believe that “everything came from…. what?”

You seem to be believe that “everything came from something” but you have no idea what that “something” is.

Are you from the crowd that we allege that “it just happened, we don’t know how, but there was no God who could have done it.”

You confuse the word "create" with "magic".

The honest answer is we don't have all the answers yet. The big lie is saying that we know a god did it. The assumption of a "prime mover" is unsupported by any facts or evidence.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

That's your definition
No, it is not mine - it is the universal fundamental definition long used in this world - from the Latin creare and Middle English createn "to cause to exist, to cause to come into being, as something unique

No he did not. If you desire actual understanding of this matter, go back and fathom my original post.

Not so - your statement is a theory - it is not a known. If you want others the believe that to be true, you must provide proof for the statement. This is a good place to do so.

Absent your proof, and as the foundational concept has served for centuries, creation is to make something from nothing. Try to remember the basics - the one who does it is the creator - the resulting substance is the creation.

As per my previous responses. You equate creation with magic. We only have evidence for creation from something. You can't demonstrate something from nothing nor agency to have done so - you only have unsubstantiated assertions.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
For those who are interested, here is another article on God….and time….

A quick read ….

https://www.gotquestions.org/God-time.html

Thanks...got it....

Now wait for the influx of the "Atheistic Last Word" folks to try and counter your nicely thought out argument....they are a joke to society....as was shown by Killer....Mauser is the one in the middle, he says.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And Rasphole checks out of the debate - resorting to bullshit like a petulant child.

Whatever you said..everyone knows you are a lying jerk. LOL!!!

I assure you, you do not debate...you call people names and your name-calling is abusive, your derogatory language insults people. It is a form of relational or social bullying. But the most abusive thing you do is insult our Christianity. You absolutely do not debate....and both of you, like my atheist friend stated to me, the number one core item in the atheistic faith is that you never ever give the Christian the last word. You both take Atheistic last-word-itis to another level.

You hurl abuse, lies and accusations, and then come back with some persecution laden excuse. Yeah, fuck off dipshit

Well?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You might think you crawled out of a pool of muck ,but since we have the Bible as the infallible word of God ,who ,in 6 days created the world and everything in it ,as surely as the Romans invaded Great Britain in 55 BC ,Christ was born as recorded and all the rest is factual history easily found and accessible.

Last edited by Malcolm; 04/08/23.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is the believer who decares their holy book to be the word of God. It is the believer who endorses the bible, Qur'an, Gita, etc, as being divinely inspired.

The bible, as with the others, is not infallible. Far from it.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I keep waiting for the hundreds of links purporting the non existence of God as proven by science.

Evolution is adaptation renamed, and just as repurposed.
The question for evolutionist's should be "then why are there still monkeys"?

Good Mornin' Y'all !

Thanks God for another day in the upright (albeit slightly bent) stance . Its been a wonderful time thus far!

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's your definition
No, it is not mine - it is the universal fundamental definition long used in this world - from the Latin creare and Middle English createn "to cause to exist, to cause to come into being, as something unique".

Not so - your statement is a theory - it is not a known. If you want others to believe that to be true, you must provide proof for the statement. This is a good place to do so. Absent your proof, and as the foundational concept has served for centuries, creation is to make something from nothing. Try to remember the basics - the one who does it is the creator - the resulting substance is the creation.
As per my previous responses. You equate creation with magic. We only have evidence for creation from something. You can't demonstrate something from nothing nor agency to have done so - you only have unsubstantiated assertions.
You are DEAD wrong there - I have equated creation with nothing else whatsoever - you did that. Do not attempt to place words in my mouth. In my understanding, there is NOTHING equal to creation, and the given definition stands.

If you wish to push your theory, this is your opportunity to provide proof for your statement that "Everything that is known to be created has come from something".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
It is the believer who decares their holy book to be the word of God. It is the believer who endorses the bible, Qur'an, Gita, etc, as being divinely inspired.

It is the non-believer - the denier - who declares the Holy Books of others to not be the word of God.

It is the non-believer - the denier - who declares the Bible, Qur'an, Gita, etc, as not being divinely inspired.

The non-believer - the denier - as with others, is not infallible. Far from it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

That's your definition
No, it is not mine - it is the universal fundamental definition long used in this world - from the Latin creare and Middle English createn "to cause to exist, to cause to come into being, as something unique".

Not so - your statement is a theory - it is not a known. If you want others to believe that to be true, you must provide proof for the statement. This is a good place to do so. Absent your proof, and as the foundational concept has served for centuries, creation is to make something from nothing. Try to remember the basics - the one who does it is the creator - the resulting substance is the creation.
You are DEAD wrong there - I have equated creation with nothing else whatsoever - you did that. Do not attempt to place words in my mouth. In my understanding, there is NOTHING equal to creation, and the given definition stands.

If you wish to push your theory, this is your opportunity to provide proof for your statement that "Everything that is known to be created has come from something".

Examples of creation? Cars, buildings, the device that you are using to access and respond to at the website. All created by man using natural resources ie from something.

Example of magic? Creating something from nothing. Magic has not been shown to be true but a very reliable way to fool people.

Creations are not made by natural causes and always require agency, and are made from something. All creations demonstrably fit this criteria.

Magic exists in people's heads and not in reality.

You want the definition of creation to encompass magic because it might then provide some çredibility to your favorite fable. You can't just accept your faith as faith and will defend it against all good reason and rationality. Nonsense in lieu of facts and truth.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
I keep waiting for the hundreds of links purporting the non existence of God as proven by science.
I keep waiting for ar least one link proving the existence of a god, any god.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

It is the non-believer - the denier - who declares the Holy Books of others to not be the word of God.

It is the non-believer - the denier - who declares the Bible, Qur'an, Gita, etc, as not being divinely inspired.

Not so.

Our diverse and contradictory collection holy books, the Gita, Quran, Bible, etc, is the evidence for human authorship and human beliefs.

Not because I say so, or that I am a 'Denier,' but that there are contradictions and absurdities. Not only between them, but within each book.

Nor is there anything to be found in the way of knowledge or morality that was not understood at the time. The Greek philosophers did a better job of it....much of which influenced the new testament, Paul copied from Greek philosophers, etc.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

Evolution is adaptation renamed, and just as repurposed.
The question for evolutionist's should be "then why are there still monkeys"?

Good Mornin' Y'all !

Thanks God for another day in the upright (albeit slightly bent) stance . Its been a wonderful time thus far!

Consider the absence of evidence. What reason is there to be convinced Allah exists if there is no evidence for the existence of Allah?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mauserand9mm: Examples of creation? Cars, buildings, the device that you are using to access and respond to at the website. All created by man using natural resources ie from something. CCCC: You are so far from the fact - those are examples of design and construction - not creation. Done by simple mankind and primarily with already available materials. Not true creation, from nothing.

Example of magic? Creating something from nothing. Magic has not been shown to be true but a very reliable way to fool people.

Creations are not made by natural causes (God, for example, is not a natural cause - the cause is His design) and always require agency (Is not God the agency?), and are made from something (but not necessarily something already in existence) . All creations demonstrably fit this criteria. Not the case. I think you need to do some reading about the nature of creation.

Magic exists in people's heads and not in reality.

You want the definition of creation to encompass magic because it might then provide some çredibility to your favorite fable. You can't just accept your faith as faith and will defend it against all good reason and rationality. Now you are once again going to try to be the great Oz mind reader and try to tell someone what he "wants" and also what he can and cannot accept. You are neither smart enough nor sufficiently perceptive to know and declare what I think of you, let alone state what I want and what I will or will not will accept?. Are you delusional, or simply arrogant?

That is your personal demonstration of
"Nonsense in lieu of facts and truth."[/quote]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote -=DBT]It is the believer who decares their holy book to be the word of God. It is the believer who endorses the bible, Qur'an, Gita, etc, as being divinely inspired.

Not so.

Our diverse and contradictory collection holy books, the Gita, Quran, Bible, etc, is the evidence for human authorship and human beliefs.

Not because I say so, or that I am a 'Denier,' but that there are contradictions and absurdities. Not only between them, but within each book.

Nor is there anything to be found in the way of knowledge or morality that was not understood at the time. The Greek philosophers did a better job of it....much of which influenced the new testament, Paul copied from Greek philosophers, etc.
Please note that the above is an opinion - the view of one simple human - who is presuming to "know" and willing to "declare"- based on that limited view. I perceive it all as denial.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Malcolm
You might think you crawled out of a pool of muck ,but since we have the Bible as the infallible word of God ,who ,in 6 days created the world and everything in it ,as surely as the Romans invaded Great Britain in 55 BC ,Christ was born as recorded and all the rest is factual history easily found and accessible.
6 days, what are 6 days to God at the center of the universe? The power that created earth was not on earth and now we know the earth and the universe are eons old. And here on earth we have the bones and fossils that prove thousands and millions of years of existence.

Yes we have recorded history of the Romans and other empires and I'm sure that the assertion that Jesus existed is true. I'm sure his basic message survived.

But it is quite a leap to say the Bible is literally true in that the earth was created a few thousand years ago in 6 days of 24 hours each. Surely not the 6 days and nights that we know as 24 hour days? You reckon? There is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 64 of 108 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 64 invisible), 1,862 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,247
Posts18,525,074
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.