Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 66 of 108 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 107 108
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CCCC,
I ignore the two you are posting about very easily. They are on "ignore". I don't read quotes posted by others also. That way I don't "accidentally" read one of theirs. It's too bad everyone doesn't put them on ignore.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
CCCC,
I ignore the two you are posting about very easily. They are on "ignore". I don't read quotes posted by others also. That way I don't "accidentally" read one of theirs. It's too bad everyone doesn't put them on ignore.
Ringman, I appreciate your thought and that possibility. To date, I have never placed a Campfire poster on "ignore" - actually have not even contemplated doing so. However??

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I really don't understand some of the apparent anger and dislike by some who deny the Gospel.

Why would it matter if I believed that the dreaded purple garillas were responsible for sun spots? It would be the same thing if I posted I like the 22 K-hornet and someone would get use and start using me for saying it.

I am not a big 9mm fan does that fact make me evel?

Why would some who do not believe in God start name calling because I do.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
CCCC,
Ringman, I appreciate your thought and that possibility. To date, I have never placed a Campfire poster on "ignore" - actually have not even contemplated doing so. However??

My dying atheist friend said the number one golden rule is when you are discussing/debating with a Christian, one never ever give the Christian the last word.

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
CCCC,

Ringman, I am guilty big time....but when I saw that reply from mauser about my dying atheist friend, my crusader blood began to boil...so I relent now, if we ALL do NOT reply to those two atheist then I think that is the best for all of us....thanks for your comment.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Scott F
I really don't understand some of the apparent anger and dislike by some who deny the Gospel.

Why would it matter if I believed that the dreaded purple garillas were responsible for sun spots? It would be the same thing if I posted I like the 22 K-hornet and someone would get use and start using me for saying it.

I am cool with the religious beliefs because God knows we need something more than ourselves...but seriously...a Kilbourn!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really don't understand some of the apparent anger and dislike by some who deny the Gospel. Why would it matter if I believed that the dreaded purple garillas were responsible for sun spots? It would be the same thing if I posted I like the 22 K-hornet and someone would get use and start using me for saying it. I am not a big 9mm fan does that fact make me evel? Why would some who do not believe in God start name calling because I do.
Scott, as a Christian and Godly man that I have known personally, I see you striving to view and interact with others as advised and expected in Scripture, and many others we know do so as well.

Human disagreements about earthly and physical things - aspects like politics, for example - are in a more simple realm where most folks can discuss and disagree without taking injury/offense. They can agree to disagree - without denigrating the position of another person.

When it comes to matters of the soul - where truly caring and sincere people must look inside, striving to search out and identify their honest answers to ultimate questions - some humans are compelled to abandon the polite and considerate means of interaction and discussion. They turn to ridicule, attacks and efforts to undermine your certainty - about the Gospel, for instance. Why do they do that? I do not know. As a mere tempted human, I do sometimes speculate.

I have learned that, when stating one's position and discussing such ultimate matters, particularly matters involving faith in God and one's place in eternity, we should expect reactions that do not fit with desirable human behavior. Even though some of us may be irritating, I think that the attacks have practically nothing to do with the Christian as an individual person. They develop due to the attackers' unrealistic beliefs about the capabilities and capacities of humans, and some undecipherable mixture of longing/fear/frustration - unrequited wants and needs.

A sense of certainty and stability on this major life issue seems threatening to some humans. I regret that, and it seems as though you do too. It is as explained in Scripture.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I am cool with the religious beliefs because God knows we need something more than ourselves...but seriously...a Kilbourn!
JStuart - I appreciate your reply there, and in more than one way. When first I had a K-Hornet it was because the chamber of an old Savage Mod 23 in .22 Hornet became gouged a bit and the simplest/least costly way to keep using the thing was to ream that gouge out of there with a K-Hornet reamer. There was not a lot of gain otherwise, but it was unique at the time.

Much later in life, I found for sale and purchased a nice old Win 54 originally in .222, but Lyle Kilbourne had converted it to what he called the .222 Kilbourne - bordering in the .222 Rem Mag. I have not done anything much with it yet - but there is hope.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Raspy
I’d tell you to blow your brains out, but I’m pretty certain there’s nothing there but only a lot of fuckwit and just think how much more awesomer the world would have been if your dad had just pulled out.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
It's already been well established what a total cunt you are - you need to own it and come to peace with it. That's your problem that you need to live with. Happy to keep reminding you.

Only established by you the hating lying cunt of all liars...and I’m not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one....but everyone’s entitled to act stupid once in a while, but you really abuse the privilege.

Regarding what CCCC said about something from nothing.... Why did you not answer as here is the proof....
Something from nothing is absurd yet adding in an invisible magician prime mover makes it believable? Is that like a double negative making it correct? Sounds more like a compounding flustercuck.

You arrogant Christians have much to learn from the humble atheists when it comes to honesty.

Dr. Roshan Krishna Kumar put it:

“When we first saw the spectacular characteristics of our superlattice devices, we thought ‘wow … it could be some sort of new superconductivity’. Although the response closely resembles those routinely observed in superconductors, we soon found that the puzzling behavior was not superconductivity but rather something in the domain of astrophysics and particle physics. It is curious to see such parallels between distant disciplines.”

With electrons and positrons (or “holes”) being created out of literally nothing, just ripped out of the quantum vacuum by electric fields themselves, it’s yet another way that the Universe demonstrates the seemingly impossible: we really can make something from absolutely nothing!

You need to pass that info on to TF49.

By the way, you're a total cunt if you'd forgotten already.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
CCCC,

Ringman, I am guilty big time....but when I saw that reply from mauser about my dying atheist friend, my crusader blood began to boil...so I relent now, if we ALL do NOT reply to those two atheist then I think that is the best for all of us....thanks for your comment.

LOL!!! Poor persecuted Rasphole. It'll be funny as fuck if an Islam Imam came into your room as you lay there dying asking whether you were now ready to seek forgiveness from Allah.

You're still a cunt BTW.

Well?
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Believe what you like. It's the religious over-reach and judging others by your system of belief that gets the reactions. This is nothing new - just look at all of history. You sinners can't help yourselves.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mahama Gandhi is making more sense all the time when he said he loved Christ but it was Christians he didn't like. "your Christians are so unlike your Christ" he said

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART

laugh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Believe what you like. It's the religious over-reach and judging others by your system of belief that gets the reactions. This is nothing new - just look at all of history. You sinners can't help yourselves.

When have I judged you or resorted to call you names. I could not care less if you do not choose to have faith. That is 100% your call and I respect it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
Mahama Gandhi is making more sense all the time when he said he loved Christ but it was Christians he didn't like. "your Christians are so unlike your Christ" he said

Just for our information, here is a different perspective (right or wrong)....

Tim Challies, religious author……gives a different perspective…

He says We need to stop using this quote, and I will give you two good reasons to do so. In the first place, Gandhi was hardly an authority on Jesus. When he says, "I like your Christ" he is referring to a Jesus of his own making, a Jesus plucked haphazardly from the pages of Scripture, a Jeffersonian kind of Jesus, picked and chosen from the accounts of his life. He certainly was not referring to the Jesus—the true and complete Jesus—revealed from the first page of Scripture to the last.

He continues…..Whatever Jesus Gandhi liked was definitely not the Jesus of the Bible. Why, then, should we care if we do not attain this falsified version of Jesus? I would be ashamed to have any appearance to the kind of Jesus that Gandhi would deem good, acceptable, and worthy of emulation. That Jesus would, of course, have to look an awful lot like Gandhi. So there is one good reason to stop using this quote: because Gandhi fabricated a Jesus of his own making and declared his affection only for this fictional character. He never liked the real thing.

And finally he says……Jesus spoke kind words and did great deeds; he comforted and healed and gave hope and a future. But not to everyone. Jesus reserved the harshest of words for the religious elite, those who declared that they were holy, that they understood the nature of God, that they had achieved some kind of enlightenment. Jesus had no love for such people. Such people received the sharpest of his rebukes and the most brutal of his "Woes!" They were the whitewashed tombs, the broods of vipers, the blind guides.
Such men did not love Jesus. They may have loved Gandhi's fabricated Christ but they hated the real one. This Jesus, the Jesus of the Bible, would have rebuked Gandhi as he rebuked the Jewish leaders of his day, the people who led people walking behind them on the road to hell. Like them, he was convinced of his own goodness, his own worthiness.

Gandhi liked only the Christ of his own making, and he believed that he was worthy of the favor of this Christ. On both accounts, he was wrong; dead wrong.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

When have I judged you or resorted to call you names. I could not care less if you do not choose to have faith. That is 100% your call and I respect it.

Well keep the language in check - your "...and dislike by some who deny the Gospel." contains a judgement call. People have no reason to follow the gospel, let alone even consider it factual and of use in any way. It's your prize possession that you can't do without, and therefore you can only rationalise it by implying that anyone that doesn't follow it is denying something of value. You've been brainwashed to think that way.

Well?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28

Hard to comprehend?

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Reloder28
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28

Hard to comprehend?

Those are your over-reach instructions provided in your fable. Mind you that there are Christians that do a poor job of that and condemn those that won't play along - they seem to have the comprehension issue, and childish behaviour issues.

Well?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well keep the language in check - your "...and dislike by some who deny the Gospel." contains a judgement call. People have no reason to follow the gospel, let alone even consider it factual and of use in any way. It's your prize possession that you can't do without, and therefore you can only rationalise it by implying that anyone that doesn't follow it is denying something of value. You've been brainwashed to think that way.

I think you are accusing me for what someone else may have said. I will repeat, " I do not care what you do or do not believe. It is your right to make your own decisions.

I am just trying to understand why my personal beliefs upset you. I like 45 caliber and your handle gives me to believe you like 9mm. I am fine with that. I believe in God and you state you don't, I am fine with that too.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I think you are accusing me for what someone else may have said.

"...deny the gospel..." were your words. I don't accept the gospel nor have any reason to - I'm not denying the gospel, it is of no substance, or reality, to deny. You have to appreciate the difference. You've been brainwashed to believe that the gospel is true but it is merely credence and that's all.

Well?
Page 66 of 108 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1234, 60 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,229
Posts18,524,752
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.